Call for a 'holy war'--I get it now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
In case you haven't heard about Newsweek's little ****-up...

I understand now. Kind of.

Today, people handed out free Bibles at my school. I have no idea why, so don't ask me, but they were. One individual, a Senior who is terribly cocky, asked for one. Upon receiving it, he tore it in half (yes, a whole Bible, not sure if it was in chunks or what, as I did not witness it) and spit on the remnants before tossing them in the trash. He asked for another and threw it away.

Had I been present, I would have attacked him. Just hearing about it filled me with such rage that I wanted to slug him then, awhile after it occurred...

So I can sort of understand why the Muslims would call for a holy war--the Qur'an is much more sacred to them than the Bible is to us and I was pissed about it. It's just too bad that he didn't try that little stunt with a Qur'an while the Islamic girl--she's an exchange student from the Middle East--was watching. After hearing about the article, she said that she would attack anyone who thought of desecrating the Qur'an in such a manner.

And I don't blame her.

Thoughts?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by FeceMan
Had I been present, I would have attacked him. Just hearing about it filled me with such rage that I wanted to slug him then, awhile after it occurred...

That would not have been very christian of you.

FeceMan
Originally posted by KharmaDog
That would not have been very christian of you.
You are correct.

Afro Cheese
Yeah I can't really relate because I don't have a holy book or any type of book that I value to the extent that someone destroying it would seriously piss me off.

If I was handing out free stuff and someone destroyed whatever I gave them I'd be a little pissed but I wouldn't attack them physically, probably just call them a dick and move on.

Storm
Tearing the bible to shreds doesn' t tear Christianity to shreds. It' s a book, written by man. I don' t value it.

However, many people have found wisdom and inspiration upon its pages and value it highly so I can imagine the negative response and indignation.

FeceMan
It's not the same for you guys, though.

Big Evil
They don't understand, no empathy now adays I swear.

It's not the fact that they "hurt God" or some lame concept like that. The fact of the matter is it's disrespect. It's blatant disregard for one's beliefs, do you see people spitting on abortion doctors? And when they do are you not outrage mr.liberal? Well it gos both ways..

Personaly Id've ***** slapped him too, obviously his mother didn't enough as a child. And you can't give me the "That's not very Christiany" bullcrap because you know what? I'm not a Christian! evil face

Infact.. I WORSHIP THE DEVIL!

Which gos to prove where our society is going if devil worshippers are a moral compass..

1ost soul
yeah for me as a muslim i'd be piss BIG TIME, my reaction would be even the same towards the bible. It is to be treated with respect. but i wont really care if it was a book of any other religion, i mean other than islam, christianity, and judaism cuz those are the only true religion that came from God.

lil bitchiness
Such disrespect and disregard for other people's beliefs is just terrible. That kid should have gotten a hard slap.

And those who tore Quran. How utterly shitty.

I understand the value of these books, but that is not the reason to start a 'holy war' or any war of any kind.

It takes a strong character to forgive and turn the other cheek, and an extreamly weak one to take revenge.

Originally posted by 1ost soul
yeah for me as a muslim i'd be piss BIG TIME, my reaction would be even the same towards the bible. It is to be treated with respect. but i wont really care if it was a book of any other religion, i mean other than islam, christianity, and judaism cuz those are the only true religion that came from God.

Salaam 1ost soul,

Hindu's, Sikh and Baha'i for would disagree with such statement. Judaism Christianity and Islam are not above all other religions. To you maybe, and to Jews and Christians, but to the rest of us, they are not.

1ost soul
yes, but according to God they are!

lil bitchiness
yes, but according to God they are!

Can you offer a solid proof that god said everyone else apart from Muslims Christians and Jews are wrong?

1ost soul
would u accept a proof from the Quran?

Alpha Centauri
I think I should inform you all now, that I am infact, God.

I'm pissed. Stop ****ing up my planet.

-AC

lil bitchiness
would u accept a proof from the Quran?

Quran is as valid as Bible or Torah to me. So I guess not. We will have to agree to disagree.

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Big Evil
It's not the fact that they "hurt God" or some lame concept like that. The fact of the matter is it's disrespect. It's blatant disregard for one's beliefs, do you see people spitting on abortion doctors? And when they do are you not outrage mr.liberal? Well it gos both ways..
I agree it was disrespectful but it doesn't really compare to spitting on another person.

Curl_Up&Dye
do you see people spitting on abortion doctors?

ummmm yeah actually.... i have....

confused

people actually bomb abortion centers....

so that was actually kind of a bad example

gls

ugh...
well, while its good u respect the bible as well..
u saying that u don't care about any other religion is pretty messed up. i mean, i'm not really religious at all...not sayin i don't believe in a god or not i jus don't do relgious things..anywho i respect ANYONES beliefs. if its Muslim, Christian, Catholic (which my family is), Jew, or an asian relgionor even Satanic... its their belief. it should be respected. not saying it should be liked, but that u should respect there beliefs.
i would be angry if someone ripped any muslim jew christian or any religous book. even if its not my religion or related to it.

Tptmanno1
Handing out bibles at school?
Man I woulda had fun with that...

debbiejo
Well, it is a respect thing...and shouldn't be done with any religious book. Whether you believe it or not...

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by FeceMan
In case you haven't heard about Newsweek's little ****-up...

How asinine!

Bardock42
If someone would rip a Copy of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy apart while I am near it I would gonna kill that Mother****er........well maybe...nah probably not.....nbut who cares if someone destroys a bible...its just a book....a book

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by Bardock42
If someone would rip a Copy of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy apart while I am near it I would gonna kill that Mother****er........well maybe...nah probably not.....nbut who cares if someone destroys a bible...its just a book....a book

its not just a book to someone that has emotional and spiritual interests invested inside of the idea. Its personal and precios to the person that believes in it. If you don't believe thats fine, but you have to understand that to someone else that book is gods word.
I think were the folly is though is violence. That will only fuel the hate of that person that was disrespecting the book in the first place

Korri
Dont make me say the "M" word.

FeceMan
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
its not just a book to someone that has emotional and spiritual interests invested inside of the idea. Its personal and precios to the person that believes in it. If you don't believe thats fine, but you have to understand that to someone else that book is gods word.
I think were the folly is though is violence. That will only fuel the hate of that person that was disrespecting the book in the first place
It was obviously joke. What are you doing, taking over for Jackie?

MC Mike
Just another case in point of how religion fuels hatred, then war, and finally death.

Swanky-Tuna
There was some religious book handout at my high school one day. When you went up on the second floor you could see the books all over the roofs of the non-second-floored sections of the building.

Kids are stupid.

moviejunkie23
i don't think bardock was joking feceman

dark1365
It would be highly informal to just ask for a bible, tear it in half, and then throw the other one away. Not to mention that it would make you look like a egotistical sobby jerk.

Quran is a religeon, and should be respected in its own right, not to be hated on.

Darth Revan

That's a terrible analogy, frankly, since there are people who bomb abortion clinics.

Personally I'd like to think that a book is a book, no matter what's written in it. The Bible isn't equivalent to Christianity, the Qu'ran isn't equivalent to Islam. Like our friend Marilyn Manson once said, tearing up a Bible is no worse than tearing up a dictionary. On the other hand, if a majority of religious people are getting this upset about the whole holy book desecration thing, it shouldn't be done. I'm sure I have a different viewpoint since I don't see the Bible as the word of god.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by dark1365
It would be highly informal to just ask for a bible, tear it in half, and then throw the other one away. Not to mention that it would make you look like a egotistical sobby jerk.

Quran is a religeon, and should be respected in its own right, not to be hated on.

LOL, the Qu'ran is a religion now?

Bardock42
Yes well, I personally can't see the problem either, since I am not a beliver. None the less there is a difference between spitting (or killing) Abortion Doctor....or tearing apart a book.....if it was the originial book or a historic copy, well maybe then....but this were just bibles printed to give them to school kids...come on now....it was made like every other book and its probably even one of this crappy translations (that means its not the word of god, its the word of King James or Luther or whoever). Now if someone says: " I get mad when someone tears the Bible apart" then I can say "Yes I belive you, I just can'T see why you would feel that way yes "

.... Oh and I was joking with the Hitchhikers Guide, my bad I will write "Joke" at the end of all my jokes now (joke)

Qu'ran is not a religion...it is the holy book of a Religion...the Islam....the people following this religion are called Muslims (or terrorist according to some politicians) (joke)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.