Topher Grace Joins Spider-Man 3!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

doctorstrongbad
http://superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=3034

On superherohype.com they have the article. I wonder who he is going to play?

Jimmy Buggs
Let the rumors begin

The Ones
hob goblin? sandman and hobgoblin have been leaked so... if not he could be venom cause thats what the fans have been crying for but it wont work....

what do you think

LousyBoy
hmm... very odd. I always saw somewhat of a similarity between Gracem, Tobey and Elija Wood.

Mrs Eddie Brock
He BETTER NOT play Eddie Brock! mad

Doc Ock
Before the insane suggestions start he will not be playing Eddie Brock or Ben Reilly or Sandman's son or Carnage or Nova or Aunt May's toy boy or any other bull s*** suggestions I've read on Superherohype.

My guess is that he's playing an unknown character.Because he looks NOTHING like any of Spidey's rogues gallery of villains.

Not to mention he's incredibly young and a very meek guy.

Jimmy Buggs
well in any case this is a good sighn that tobey will play spidey for all the films. I would think that topher grace would be waiting to take over the the part is tobey backed out after part 3.

I am starting to think that harry will not become any goblin. I dont think topher will pay a goblin. Maybe not even a villian. Sandman and Hobgoblin have no been leaked. They are just rumors.

Spiderman_RJ
wow he is that kids from 70s? wow he grew up! i loved that series, especially donna (hmmmmm dona.......)
he would be a perfect ben reilly lol, to the hell clone saga! raimi would never put that on screen, he is skinny and he said complex? hmm smells more and more that chameleon will be on thjis movie.......

Doc Ock
Why do people always assume a new addition to the cast means a new villain???

Spider-Man has other people in his life besides villains you know.

fruits
i dunno, i could see him as a ben reily, but that would require such a huge backround that it wouldnt work. i dont know who hes gonna play

Doc Ock
I guarantee you Raimi won't be touching anything from the Clone Saga.

Yuck.

Spiderman_RJ
we are assuming a villain cos he dont llook nothing to any spiderman friend........nobody really......unless he is that idiot who pretend to be spiderman and die ,ehhehehe

NoFate007
As you said Doc Ock, please people, don't start turning this into the latest idiot craze. Topher Grace will not play the things Ock has previously mentioned, nor will he play Hydro-Man, nor Electro, nor any of the main villains like that. He won't be playing Man-Wolf or anything. He isn't taking over any parts. He isn't playing the son of someone or anything like that. Topher Grace, most likely, is playing some sort of friend of Peter's or something. I'm not a fan of That 70's Show...I don't hate it, I just don't watch it very often...but I do like Grace, I think he's a very good actor for his age.

gls
topher is good, and cute.

don't know what he could play in these films though.

doctorstrongbad
Well it looks like he will be playing a bad guy according to the other thread.

Linkalicious
Yah according to CNN.com it says in their title that he is going to be playing the role of a villain.

I honestly couldn't think of one damn villain he could play. Closest thing I could come to think of would be Vulture....with a ton of make up before sucking down power to look younger. And even that is a FARRRR stretch.

I'm happy he's in the movie....he's a good actor and I'm sure Raimi won't let his talents go to waste. THC is going to be perfect for Sandman.

Spideys Sister
They better not have vulture in my spideys movie!

fruits
first of all, vulture is a great villain and odnt even bother arguing about it cuz ill win

second of all, i could see topher as maybe........... electro. or even hobgoblin. i dunno

spencerspider
hobgoblin people think about it.harry is gg and this guy hg = goblin war!
with sandman too

Endenkton
No no no.

Just Sandman and Hobgoblin.

doctorstrongbad
Now they are saying that Topher grace will be in the movie, but not as a bad guy. It seems the reporter was misquoted or made that part up.

Mainstream
so he's not a villian...he might be Ned Leeds.

NoFate007
Before anyone goes back to the villain thing, check my long posts on the Topher Grace as a villain topic first lol

Jimmy Buggs
I still think harry will become Green Goblin 2 to save mj and peter not to be a bad guy

Toxin92
Like in the first movie's game?

fruits
its a possibility, but could you talk about that in the approiate thread, this is kind of just about topher grace's upcoming appearance in SM3

Scoobless
Originally posted by fruits
first of all, vulture is a great villain and odnt even bother arguing about it cuz ill win

second of all, i could see topher as maybe........... electro. or even hobgoblin. i dunno

yeah... i could picture him as Electro.... Electro started off as a skinny geek of a momma's boy... Topher looks like a geek/nerd.... perfect fit

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jimmy Buggs
yeah why would the come up with that in the game out of no where. where is there a thread about harry ? I said it as part of the story, maybe topher will be hobby, or have something to do with harry makeing him another villian , then harry has to take the green goblin jucie to save his friends

ShotgunWes
I always used to get Topher and Tobey confused. THey look very similar. I'm not very well versed in Spiderman lore, but was there ever anything about Spiderman having a brother or soemthing?

fruits
he had a clone, but thats way too confusing to get into

Gen-117
Harry won't be the Hob-Goblin, He'll be the new Green Goblin
and the only way they'll probably do Venom is if they do the Ultimate Venom Story line.

Just a thought

fruits
harry WILL be hobby. if they made him green goblin, movie goers who dont follow comics and who r stupid (which is a great majority of them) will be very confused and make statements such as, "wiat a sec, i thought the green goblin died!!" or even a kind of smart one might say, " harry can be the hobgoblin, his dad is the green goblin." so, change the look of the costume, the glider, and change the name to hobgoblin and BAM! you got a non confusing villain.

Mainstream
I believe Harry will be Hobby as well

Doc Ock
Harry is going to be Hobby.

Mainstream
bank on it

doctorstrongbad
Yeah i hope they stay far away from the clone saga.

Arahan
May be this Topher Guy plays not a main villian. May be Spidey fights him at the beginning of the movie. Topher could play a second rank villian, Boomerang or well somebody else^^

Doc Ock
My god Sam please just tell us who he's playing.

This speculation is slipping into insanity.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Doc Ock
My god Sam please just tell us who he's playing.

This speculation is slipping into insanity.

Yeah I think he like to keep us all confused until the last moment. At least it will keep the fans mind on the spider-man series.

NoFate007
I really can't wait for Harry not to be Hobgoblin, so I can be proven correct lol. If Harry is a goblin at all, he'll be GG2, Raimi will not completely disregard a character's true nature. He will not make Harry Osborn the Hobgoblin, and he will not make Jameson Venom, and he will not make Mary Jane Black Cat. He just won't do this, but go ahead and believe what you want.

Altar[1stONE]
he looks like a perfect Cletus Cassidy aka carnage to me. or whatever the hell his name is. im not a huge spiderman fan.

Spideys Sister
OK.......

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Altar
he looks like a perfect Cletus Cassidy aka carnage to me. or whatever the hell his name is. im not a huge spiderman fan.

You're not a huge Spider-Man fan??

Wow you'd never guess from your suggestion of Topher Grace as Carnage roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why not cast Danny DeVito as Peter Parker while we're at it.

Oh and Whoopi Goldberg should be MJ.

doctorstrongbad
It would be great if he would play spider-man in parts 4, 5 and 6 if Tobby doesn't want to, but any other role doesn't seem like a good fit for TG.

spencerspider
he could be chameleon like someone said

doctorstrongbad
I guess we will have to wait and see. It would be cool if they have some kind of flash back or something and since part 3 is Toby's and Kirtsin's last movie ... Tg and NC could continue as Peter and MJ.

GGgrievous725
maybe shocker they could get him to work out like tobey had to do

doctorstrongbad
Yeah its hard to tell what they have planned, but TG would make a perfect peter. Nikki Cox would be a good Mary Jane.

bballplayer123
Hey yall I think Grace will be someone who will end up being an obstacle for Peter and MJ. I think since he seems so Peterish, she will spend time with him while Spidey is away fighting crime and will become attracted to him.You think???

NoFate007
You're not a huge Spider-Man fan??

Wow you'd never guess from your suggestion of Topher Grace as Carnage roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why not cast Danny DeVito as Peter Parker while we're at it.

Oh and Whoopi Goldberg should be MJ.

Hello, bad casting...ugh...Goldberg should OBVIOUSLY play Scorpion...God...

doctorstrongbad
Wow that sounds like a great choice, oh no sarcasmism detector is overloading. lol

bballplayer123
Well do you think that Topher Grace will be an obstacle for Peter and Mary Janes relationship or what? Well I dont think hes going to be a villain and I think it may be possible for him and Peter to become friends or whatever but I dont think hell do anything extraordinary. Has to be some kind of civilian.

NoFate007
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Wow that sounds like a great choice, oh no sarcasmism detector is overloading. lol

You can't see Whoopi as Scorpion? stick out tongue

Sad part is I've heard on KMC some casting choices as bad, or even worse, than that.

In all seriousness, I could see TG taking the Parker role if TM quit, but since he's in this, they're screwing themselves over. As for who he could play, villain-wise, I can only see him playing either Chameleon or Mysterio, and I can't see someone famous like him playing Chameleon.

Linkalicious
Obviously I don't know anymore than the next guy, but I could see Topher starring as the hob-goblin in #3.

Maybe after stubbling upon his father's Goblin lab he decides to continue his father's work, improving on old experiments and making deadlier weapons. Eventually the time comes and he needs an 'experimental' specimen who just so happens to be Topher's character. How they tie in, i don't know, but I think that's how it went in the comics. Hobgoblin wasn't Harry...it was someone else.

As for Carnage, he won't be in SM3, but I honestly couldn't think of a better person for the role than Jake Busey....Gary Busey's son.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by NoFate007
You can't see Whoopi as Scorpion? stick out tongue

Sad part is I've heard on KMC some casting choices as bad, or even worse, than that.

In all seriousness, I could see TG taking the Parker role if TM quit, but since he's in this, they're screwing themselves over. As for who he could play, villain-wise, I can only see him playing either Chameleon or Mysterio, and I can't see someone famous like him playing Chameleon.

Yes I have also seen really bad cast choices. TG might play Mysterio as he would be a great body double for TM.

bballplayer123
Originally posted by bballplayer123
Hey yall I think Grace will be someone who will end up being an obstacle for Peter and MJ. I think since he seems so Peterish, she will spend time with him while Spidey is away fighting crime and will become attracted to him.You think???

Anyone think so?

spencerspider
no i dont really she is in love with spiderman he has finally got her let him be

doctorstrongbad
Yeah They will be married in this movie so they won't go for unfaithfulness this soon. Maybe in a later movie?

spencerspider
i dont know.we've seen peter struggle trying to get MJ just let it go.maybe she will die i hate her anyway.that would be soo funny.they at wedding at very beginin and hobgoblin harry comes and kills her
lol that would be so awesome

bballplayer123
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
I guess we will have to wait and see. It would be cool if they have some kind of flash back or something and since part 3 is Toby's and Kirtsin's last movie ... Tg and NC could continue as Peter and MJ.

How do you know this is their last movie? Is it also Sam Raimi's last movie hes gonna direct as well?

spencerspider
i believe they said this was their last and i dont know about sam

Morning_Glory
is Topher sexy?

spencerspider
um coming from a guy standpoint... (IM NOT GAY I HAVE A GIRL!!) he looks like Peter..and as u have sen in the movies Peter isn't the lady's man..
(I shouldnt have said that)
(bangs head on desk) shit that hurt i really did it too

Morning_Glory
who is Peter

spencerspider
uh peter parker

Wanderer259
I'm sure I would've enjoyed a buff Topher Grace as Spidey more than Tobey Maguire. Tobey just isn't Spider-Man to me.

Peter is Peter Parker, MG...

spencerspider
well i dont care who the hell he is as long as he is not Kim Carey lol that would be so ****in hilarious.Jim is Spiderman!!

bballplayer123
I dont think that Maguire is that hot but hes alright and hes not supposed to look perfect. He does do his mouth funny when he talks though haha

bballplayer123
(bangs head on desk) shit that hurt i really did it too

not surprising u must have posted a lot after that too lol

ilvorlandobloom
yeah, Tobey isnt that hot but in spidey 1 he was cuter...

doctorstrongbad
Um okay guys lets not worry about how people look. Lets get back to the topic.

doctorstrongbad
Topher looks like he has been working out in the trailer for part 3.

SpiderSESSH
Ok, people, number one, Kirsten Dunst, and Tobey McGuire or hwoever you spell his name, are signed for 6 films. Not three, not two, SIX. Sam Raimi signed for 5 of them, with the option to back out if he felt he needed to. But TM and KD are locked into the project for 6. They would pay a very hefty fine if they breached their contracts. And as for Topher Grace, and all the speculation, and Harry, here goes.

Harry will be the new Green Goblin, if any of you ever actualy read the comics, and watched the TV series, Harry dons the costume due to his hatred of spiderman, and his insanity from losing his father. He will probably don the Green Goblin costume, and near the end, try to save whoever he's put in jeapordy.

Now, onto Topher Grace, there is official proof on IMDB that he is playing Eddie Brock. They are almost if ever never wrong. They have had their moments, but they usualy go directly from the source. I'm sorry, but I can't see him as Eddie Brock. Eddie was built like a Mack truck, and Venom nearly doubled his size. I don't see Topher going from geek to musclebound stud any time soon. And then I don't see the symbiote making him almost tripple his size.

And off issue, does anyone know how they're explaining the symbiote factor anyway? Please let me know, i'm confused with all the hype, and IMDB doesn't give a good enough synopsys for me.

Thanks again, totaly not meant as a flame...but meh oh well.

Doc Ock
Tobey and Kirsten are only signed for three movies, not six. They said so themselves in numerous interviews.

As for Grace being Brock, dude we've known that for over a year now. You're a little behind the times.

H. S. 6
Tobey and Kirsten are only signed for three movies, not six. They said so themselves in numerous interviews.

As for Grace being Brock, dude we've known that for over a year now. You're a little behind the times.

He must have pressed the wrong button when he traveled here from the past in his time machine.

SpiderSESSH
Oh, i love your instant insult...so i didnt know about the movie till about two months ago ok? The first trailer i saw was then...untill then i didnt know. As to TM and KD, they had said in an interview before they were signed for six on E! and also on Regis and Kelly. So I take it that has changed? Well excuse me for not knowing. I thought they were gona wait a while to do the next few movies.

And does anyone have any clue as to how they're explaining the symbiote?

TheGreenJordan
Well i dont read much ultimate series of spider-man but Eddie Brock is suppose to be the same built as Peter Parker in the ultimate series, and the spidey flics seem to follow the ultimate series than the original marvel 616 universe, so that would make alot of sense if they casted topher since he has a similiar built to tobey.

Doc Ock
Spidey flicks don't follow the Ultimate series more than the 616 one.

TheGreenJordan
when spidey 1 came out on free comic book day they gave out ultimate spider-man issue 1 comics out, cuz harry isnt suave in 616 hes kinda dorky isnt he? and in ultimate hes the like the rich playboy type sorta

SpiderSESSH
I've been under the impression, that they've kinda involved alot of the series. But yes, tobey mcguire is kinda reminicent of the ultimate peter. So are they gonna go on the premise that the symbiote was an experiment to cure cancer? Would kinda make sense in this story really. Since there's been no mention of parker's family. Would be nice.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by SpiderSESSH
I've been under the impression, that they've kinda involved alot of the series. But yes, tobey mcguire is kinda reminicent of the ultimate peter. So are they gonna go on the premise that the symbiote was an experiment to cure cancer? Would kinda make sense in this story really. Since there's been no mention of parker's family. Would be nice.

its a good idea, but I don't think they are going that route. They haven't done anything in that universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.