Was there a part you antcipated that didnt live up?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

astrofan428
*places usual "if unnecessary close this thread" disclaimer* big grin

Was there anything you looked forward to that came of kinda weak.

For me GG was awful but I never liked him so it didnt matter, his spinning saber bit was cool though.

The youngling scene was a real letdown and I am not sure exactly why/ Maybe because the lighting was very dark and you couldnt see Anakin very well, maybe because the "stone cold look" we heard about wasnt as menacing as he can be. Or maybe because they didnt pick a cute enough kid to talk to him, maybe a little girl woul put more umph into it. I was very suprised by the lack of reaction when this scene was shown.(though my nonSW fan friend did a double take)

Lord Yoda
i thought the battle of Kashykk(don't know spelling) was a big let down.

DarkYoda
I was a little disappointed by Chewbacca and Kashyyyk's role in the movie. I wished we had seen more of this or more or Yoda actually commanding/helping the wookiees on that planet.

And I was a little disappointed by the Mace Windu fight scene. All Sam Jackson talked about was how he didn't want to go out like a punk and in fact, he really did!

I thought Utapau was great!! Obi-Wan on that planet rocked. That's how I kind of wished Kashyyyk had been... more of Yoda doing something there.

And, though I am not saying we needed to see graphic violence, I wish we had seen more of Anakin dueling in the temple.

Texansfan05
For the most part the movie didn't let me down I wish some of the duel's had been a bit longer. I mean is it just me or was the Dooku fight 2 min long. But I really enjoyed ROTS and I can't complain to much about it's now my favorite Star Wars movie.

Red Superfly
Yoda didn't fart........

How could Supershadow be so wrong????

unno
Hayden in the Vader suit was disappointing for me. He just didn't look like Vader. (The Vader lines were kind lame too.)

Also, the lack of explanation about disappearing Jedi and the COMPLETE ignoring of Sifo-Dias pissed me off. Still, great movie.

Unno

smoker4
Qui-Gon being cut sad

Just_Joe
I was hoping for more action on Kashyyk and more footage of Anakin killing off the Jedi.

Darth Vicious
Obi-wan/ GG, i thought it was gonna be a kick ass fight but it sucked but it makes me wonder what kind lame ass jedi would fall against him, he was a real let down.

The Last Son
I thought General Grevious was going to be awesome. He was a big let down. He wasn't the unstoppable character Clone Wars made him out to be. Plus no explinations of the questions from the previous movies. ie. Syfo diaz, medichlorians, Anakins oragins. These were the questions I wanted answered. I think GL focused on stuff we already knew.

Falacerjedi
the whole Greivous character totally didn't live up to the expectations of most people here & the way I got the feeling of the character from the book he wasn't anywhere close to the thing we saw in the movie...

...and the converstion between Palps & Anakin before he told him he was Sidious, I was looking forward to the part where Palps went into how he has been his friend throughout everything and now that he revealed himself as the Sith Lord what was different....

all in all there was quite a few things that were cut way too short and we can only hope that GL is going to make a Director's Cut of RotS available (although he most likely wont) with the scenes we all want to see on film.

tlbauerle
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Yoda didn't fart........

How could Supershadow be so wrong????

How could Josh Griffin and all his followers be so wrong. I hate that guy. Go F yourself Josh and take your precious TFN with you.

Lazerlike42
what did he say

Kenpokarate 2
Grevious was a huge dissappointment ... He was better at running away from the Jedi then he was at fighting them.

I also wished that I could have seen more of the battle at the Wookies home world.

Malic Clanorian
thought the dooku fight coulda lasted longer it looked very poorly put together (choppy scene to scene)...grevious was pretty much dead in 2 mins after his hands were chopped off...mace fight coulda laster longer...and i wish they werent cutting in an out of the obi wan anakin fight lol...and woulda liked to see anakin killing jedi in the temple and not just on the holo gram....

SithKiller
Only things I was "disappointed" (if you can really be disappointed by this great movie) by is the novel did lead me to believe as stated above there would be more to the Dooku fight....and Qui-Gon being cut and Yoda not saying outloud that Qui-Gon became his Master....thats all...aside from the fact i had to sit on the steps as there were no seats...lmao!

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by smoker4
Qui-Gon being cut sad Ditto.

Lazerlike42
QG

unno
Originally posted by Falacerjedi
all in all there was quite a few things that were cut way too short and we can only hope that GL is going to make a Director's Cut of RotS available (although he most likely wont) with the scenes we all want to see on film.

The director's cut is already available. Go to a theater and see it.

Unno

Darth Plagueis
Nice.

SithKiller
What what what ...damn it! ...directors cut where where Ill pay...lol....Dont tell me I should have waited for the end of the credits....I had a charlie horse cause I had to sit on the steps no seats!...wahhh boo mf-in hoo! Now I really need a drink! beer

ShadowKing
Grievous was still at 75% after Mace force crushed his ass in Clone Wars II..plus that shit where he spun the sabers along the ground was like CWII. Seems Obi destroyed two hands too quickly though...

Envious Eyes
I wish that there was more to the Kashyyyk battle since it has so much potential.

I thought that the Qui-Gon scene shouldn't have been cut. I thought that the Dagobah landing shouldn't have been cut. I also thought the Mon Mothma scene shouldn't have been cut.

Lord S
While I loved the movie, overall...Anakin's anger and rage simply was not convincing enough. Aside from the 'I hate you' line to Obi-wan...almost everything else was on the weak side.

I felt he should have slapped Padme, with a backhand, at least once to display some evil, but he went straight for the force-choke.

cal31
I'd have to say the opening space battle. I mean, it was visually stunning, but from hearing how awesome it was going to be, it just didn't live up to it. Hopefully they will have the parts that were cut from the battle on the dvd. I thought they just should've showed more of the battle instead of just following Anakin and Obi Wan. That, and the Dooku fight was nothing compared to the fights that followed.

tlbauerle
I wanted to see padme dangle in the air like a dead fish

Torik_Shai
I didn't think the Mustafar duel was long enough, but I'd probably be saying that no matter how long it was. laughing out loud

Lord S
Originally posted by Torik_Shai
I didn't think the Mustafar duel was long enough, but I'd probably be saying that no matter how long it was. laughing out loud It just flew right by for me.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by tlbauerle
I wanted to see padme dangle in the air like a dead fish

I don't know about the dangle like a fish part, but I expected him to raise her maybe like 10 ft into the air.

Originally posted by smoker4
Qui-Gon being cut sad

Same,

Milosz006
The movie.

toolguy1515
Boy, there were actually a lot of things that I was disappointed at. First of all, I didn't think that the seduction of Anakin by Palpatine was done well at all. There were many conversations in the book that were cut and basically consensed into the opera scene. It just seemed like after cutting off Mace's hand, Anakin said he was the Emperor's slave.

No. 2 - Grievous was brutal. Where the hell did he get black lung?

No. 3 - The intial battle was almost 5 chapters in the book, and the duel between OB1/Anakin & Dooku seemed like a rip-roar which was really didn't happen in the movie. It was actually pretty quick, and a lot of cool things were left out of the intial battle.

No. 4 - Lack of explanation of the whole deal with Qui Gonn, and living in the force. Thankfully, the book explains things a little bit more, and I had to explain the scene to my buddy who had not read the book. OB1 is a pretty big deal in Episodes IV - VI, so explaining it would have been better.

No. 5 - Padme dying (yes, this is a flaw - wrong thread - not going there)

No. 6 - Vader after becoming more machine than man - somethings cool (e.g. the red eyes ) - many things BAD such as the rebel yell he lets out after finding out he killed Padme

That's all I can think of right now - However, lets think of this - even with its flaws, its still far better than TPM and AOTC!

Imaginary
GG wasn't as badass as I expected...

Milosz006
Padme was supposed to die, I'm tired of having you n00bs say "omg, m@jor p|0t hoel!!!1!!". Leia's memory is of Bail Organa's wife.

toolguy1515
I understand Padme was supposed to die. Just not necessarily in that way. Its all a matter of interpretation of the conversation in ROTJ. I am a noob to this board, but not to the series I know the story very well. As I said earler, wrong thread to get into this...

Crusher
Not enough Vader (in the Vader Uniform)... Only a few Lines. Funny how he was just breaking in his suit at that point.

I also in a way didnt see why it had a PG-13 rating! They again concealed as much as they could the uglyness.

eleveninches
The 'NOOOOOOOO' Scene was dissapointing.

POWJ
The biggest disappointment was Darth sidous lack of power , he was unimpressive no wonder he was afraid of luke becoming a jedi. All in all the battle with him and yoda was a draw he didn't dominate anyone in the movie.
As far as GG i thought he was more interesting than Sidous. 1 thing u have to remb is that he was up against obi wan 1 of the most powerful jedi , not some no name extra with a saber. GG could own any average jedi but against some one like Obi , Anakin , Yoda or Mace he doesn't stand a chance!

DarkYoda
Okay... a few things.

Leia remembers Bail Organa's wife as her mother, just like she remembers Bail Organa as her father. Remember when she says, "Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars... now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire."

It's meant to be more tragic, that when Luke asks about her real mother, she remembers her step mother... Padme has been forgotten completely, save for a few people like Anakin, Obi-Wan, & Yoda.

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed the Grievous fight. I thought it made Obi-Wan look bad ass and also made him look much improved since his fight with Jango in Episode 2. He had some real balls to just jump down and take him out the way he did.

sneeky_ninja
my biggest dissapointment was that the clone wars battles seemed to be cut short. the space battle wasnt long enough, GG battle was knidof lame, and kashyyyk realy had no point to it accept to feed some fanboys craving for wookies.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by sneeky_ninja
...and kashyyyk realy had no point to it accept to feed some fanboys craving for wookies.

I enjoyed it and thought it had purpose... it was just too short. It was basically a plot device to get Yoda away from the temple when Anakin betrays the order. Better to be with Wookiees than Gungans I say. sick

Hegemon875
the scene when vader first gets the suit and learns padme's dead, I really expected there to be alot more damage to the area but meh not a big.

sith_darth_jay
opening battle: great but too short
kashyyyk: looked awsome, but barely any action
GG: he looked great, but could have lasted a bit longer
mon mothma wasn't necesary but would been cool to see her
padme dying: I don't mean the whole Leia thing, but her death being more dramatic
Screaming vader: thought i was gonna be better,not so frankenstain like

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.