Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Digimark vs Scarletspider (Vote Now!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
The following battle takes place on Pluto, the farthest planet from the sun. Assume there is a breathable atmosphere.

Note to all tournament participants: Do not wait for a participant to vote. If the tournament participant does not show up then you must vote based on what you think. The thread will be closed even if the participant wins by one vote. (ie 1 to 0).

Scoobless
when i read that this fight was on Pluto i thought

"hehehe, Digi is using Apollo's body.... he's totally screwed"

i didn't know Zod's armour provided solar radiation

the plan sounds good, but i wanna see what SS says

Scoobless
as it stands i'll vote for Digi....... but only because i waited too long for more info in the last battle and my vote wasn't counted.......

i'll be happy to reconsider if Scarlet Spider presents a decent counter strategy

Scoobless
this may seem like multiple posting........ and it is.......... but it hasn't been pinned and no-one else has responded..... so it makes it difficult not to multiple post when i have a question

are shield creation (or any other type of enhanced defence creation) definitely permitted in the prep time to be used in the fight?

this has and will come up in every round, so getting a direct answer would benefit everyone (Evangel.... this means you)

Dizzle
Damn... And I thought Nataku was doing good with power melding. Well thought out Digi, quite a powerhouse you've made here.

leonidas
ah, digi. perhaps picking you SECOND wasn't my best prediction . . . well thought out. i knew you'd be a bad a$$.

Khellendros
O_O

DAMN son! Nice one Digi. I'm praying Scarlet shows up and makes this a good fight.

Nataku8188
Voting for Digi. Although Apollo looks leagues above Herald level to me (Now that I actually look at the character)

stormfront13
well doesn't scarlet start put way behind since he hasn't voted on the three other threads?

Dizzle
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Voting for Digi. Although Apollo looks leagues above Herald level to me (Now that I actually look at the character)

I don't think he is, cuz he doesn't charge up that fast normally... He's in the millions of tons class here because Zod's suit provides a constant supply of solar power.

long pig
Even so, you can't do things that are past herald level.
Digi's guy sounds neat.

Khellendros
Well, Scarlet has been gone for the entire tournament, and isn't showing any signs of showing up now. So I'm putting my vote in for Digi, cause unles Scarlet swoops in and does some magnificent debating, I don't see him winning this.

Dizzle
Originally posted by long pig
Even so, you can't do things that are past herald level.

I'm pretty sure that was the point of the whole amalgam thing... Taking the powers of weaker characters and making them into a god character.

Using nataku as an example, his dude had surfer's powers, who was the upper limit of the possible candidates, using Hulk's rage abilities to boost his strength and cosmic powers to godly proportions. Khell has Black Bolt's electron powers enhancing Mr. Majestic's already impressive strength and speed. I'd say Digi's combination is very legal, and quite impressive. Good call Digi.

long pig
I'd have thought the same thing if Evang' didn't tell me different herself.

Quick Freeze
YOU MAKE ME PROUD!

Scoobless
Originally posted by Dizzle
I'm pretty sure that was the point of the whole amalgam thing... Taking the powers of weaker characters and making them into a god character.
I'd have thought the same thing if Evang' didn't tell me different herself.

it'd be impossible NOT to go above herald level with most of the combinations in the tournament..... i asked at the start if you were allowed to pick three herald level beings and Evangel said yes..... 2 herald (or even lower) levels can easily make one above herald being.... ie - the Keeper

i think Digi's usage is fine

long pig
Hopefully i took what she said wrong, cuz if not, it wouldn't make any sense.

Scoobless
Hopefully i took what she said wrong, cuz if not, it wouldn't make any sense.

plus i'd have to completely redo my current write up....... evil face

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Scoobless
plus i'd have to completely redo my current write up....... evil face

What's the point? I'm taking you down in two panels stick out tongue

Scoobless
Originally posted by K Von Doom
What's the point? I'm taking you down in two panels stick out tongue

i'll panel you

laughing

long pig
vote fer digi

K Von Doom
i'll panel you

laughing

Hehe. Thou hast skewered me with thine wit big grin

stormfront13
i have a question, does our characters expierence cross-over into the next fight also?

Scoobless
this is a pretty slow debate......

stormfront13
i'm gonna go ahead and vote for digi, but if scarlet ever shows up my vote might change

DigiMark007
Woot! I think I'd be better off just not showing up for debates...LOL

I was on vacation, and didn't get back until just recently. Sorry I've been absent, but apparently my initial write-up has done just fine on my behalf.

And as it pertains to the "Above_Herald" debate, Apollo loses his charge really fast normally, so in the comics he definitely isn't above herald. He can only maintain that "Million+" level I talked about for a little while, and even that's only after charging for a while. So he's definitely not above herald...he'd have trouble beating Superman unless he made it a quick fight. But Zod's armor negates that...so yeah, General Kinky is above herald...but so are most of the amalgams in this tourney.

In any case, I have no idea how long this battle has been up, so sorry if nothing has happened in a while. Hopefully ScarletSpider shows up and makes it a fight...but I'll take a win any way I can get it. hehe...

-DM

DigiMark007
Ha! Just saw that the fight was on Pluto, and Evangel even mentions that it's far from the sun. Knowing that my character spites the battle environment makes it even sweeter... cool

-DM

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Ha! Just saw that the fight was on Pluto, and Evangel even mentions that it's far from the sun. Knowing that my character spites the battle environment makes it even sweeter... cool

-DM

yeah....................... you lucky f**k

lol

if you hadn't added that little bit about Zod's armour having solar power ups available for Apollo i would be voting against you due to location alone

roll eyes (sarcastic)

DigiMark007
Here's a picture of General Kinky by the way...nothing special...just an imposing Zod-looking guy with the color turned off

And it's awesome to read through this thread...you know you're doing something right when people start arguing that your amalgam is too powerful....hehe

DigiMark007
Another pic...this time preparing to fry someone with Apollo's heat-vision.

Scoobless
And it's awesome to read through this thread...you know you're doing something right when people start arguing that your amalgam is too powerful....hehe

you're just lucky you seem to be getting a walk over..... although Moonstone's body is nowhere near as strong as Apollo's........ SS must have had something in mind when he picked that team

embarrasment

Dizzle
Didn't Evangel pick it for him cuz he didn't show up during drafting?

Scoobless
good point... i had forgotten about that

DigiMark007
This is merely speculation, but I think SS's strategy revolved more around Sersi and Flash than anything else. His initial picks (Flash and Green Lantern) suggested he wanted a quasi-lightspeed GL. Sersi would have been similar except with magic instead of green constructs. Moonstone seemed to be somewhat of an afterthought...I think I remember SS saying something about everyone having strong bodies for their amalgams, so Moonstone was substituted in so that he'd have an amalgam that could actually take a punch or two. SS had mentioned Moonstone but I think Evangel picked it for him because SS hadn't made it completely clear who he wanted (I think the GL was still floating around as a possibility).

In any case, I wasn't hoping for a "walk-over" and technically this isn't over so SS could still show up...but like I said earlier, I'll take my wins however they come. It'll just make me more ready to kick somebody's head in next round.

-DM

K Von Doom
I vote for Digi

leonidas
digi, you're write-up had to be exceptional just to get over the hurdle of your name!! you've put together a hellacharatcer, but . . . general kinky??! kinky??!!! (shakes head and walks away in utter incomprehension . . .)

DigiMark007
Originally posted by leonidas
digi, you're write-up had to be exceptional just to get over the hurdle of your name!! you've put together a hellacharatcer, but . . . general kinky??! kinky??!!! (shakes head and walks away in utter incomprehension . . .)

What!?!? laughing out loud Apollo is also known as "The Sun King" so that's where I got the 'Kin' part from. Add in lo'KI' and it makes perfect sense.

Personally, I think the name ADDS to the character...I even have a psychological edge (who wouldn't be freaked out by someone whose very name suggests that he's a freaky bastard). Add that to the fact that Apollo's gay, and I think I have a decided edge going into any of these fights. LOL

...or I could just be talking out of my ass here. Yeah...that's it. laughing

-DM

Scoobless
did you ever consider that picking Apollo and Zod was a tad redundant? they both have pretty much the same powers..... you could have added a whole new set of abilities with a different character

DigiMark007
did you ever consider that picking Apollo and Zod was a tad redundant? they both have pretty much the same powers..... you could have added a whole new set of abilities with a different character

True, but that's what I wanted everyone to think. But Zod alone and/or Apollo alone isn't nearly as good as Apollo in Zod's armor. So right now I have one of the best 'brawlers' in the tourney, if not the best. Gladiator, Supreme, Thor, Surfer, Majestic...those guys were taken already (the 'better-than-Superman' brawlers). If I could have had one of them, and added a different power set, I would have (I did take a stab at He-Man before settling on this).

But then there's also trying to balance the whole mind/body/powers thing. The more powers you add, the harder it gets to juggle them. I couldn't find a combo I was happier with than this one. It was simple enough (Loki only needing to learn to be faster and stronger with his prep) yet powerful.

Besides, not all of us are capable of constructing the powerhouse that is Flash Thordon wink (*note sarcasm...don't want KVD thinking I've written him off*).

-DM

P.S. I was also under a time constraint...I took over for Quick Freeze with only 1 round of drafting left. I could've changed Zod and/or Loki, but I didn't have much time to search for a better combo. As is it, I might have made a change, but I'm happy with what I have.

ScarletSpider
Hello, all, I apologize for my absence, I've just grown busy, and disenchanted with the forums, as of late.

So we basically have a Superman on steroids with Loki's powers?

You can't really hurt my character when she's intangible and invisble, holding you in a gravity well, reacting at light speed, and turning the oxygen in your lungs into arsenic. Also, the Sersi aspect of my character allows her to create numerous "duplicates", psionic constructs that are, in every manner, indistinguishable from the real deal. Even telepathy cannot tell them apart. If she lets loose a few of those to distract your horrendously named amalgamation, that would suck for him.

Scoobless
True, but that's what I wanted everyone to think. But Zod alone and/or Apollo alone isn't nearly as good as Apollo in Zod's armor. So right now I have one of the best 'brawlers' in the tourney, if not THE best.

that remains to be seen..... evil face

But then there's also trying to balance the whole mind/body/powers thing. The more powers you add, the harder it gets to juggle them.

a point i completely overlooked in the drafting... lol... i assumed we'd have full knowledge of their abilities.... sad

Besides, not all of us are capable of constructing the powerhouse that is Flash Thordon wink (*note sarcasm...don't want KVD thinking I've written him off*)

you have indeed grown powerful...... but you're not a Jedi yet!

Scoobless
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
You can't really hurt my character when she's intangible and invisble, holding you in a gravity well, reacting at light speed, and turning the oxygen in your lungs into arsenic. Also, the Sersi aspect of my character allows her to create numerous "duplicates", psionic constructs that are, in every manner, indistinguishable from the real deal. Even telepathy cannot tell them apart. If she lets loose a few of those to distract your horrendously named amalgamation, that would suck for him.

how do you explain your characters mastery of its various powers?

and i'm not sure if duplicates are allowed...

DigiMark007
Hello, all, I apologize for my absence, I've just grown busy, and disenchanted with the forums, as of late.

So we basically have a Superman on steroids with Loki's powers?

Ha! A fight. Sorry if you thought it was going to be delayed Scarlet. Apparently Evangel didn't decide to put us after Scoob and KVD.

Anyway, intangible: Loki can do that too. Kinda hard to turn my lungs to arsenic when I don't have a solid body. Invinsible, no big deal. I can play "stay phased and wait" as long as I need to. Something has to happen eventually, and then you're in trouble when I get a hit in. And in the meantime (if we're just standing around as intangible entities) Loki'll be whipping something up for you...Sersi's a good Earth-Sorceror. Loki's a God-Sorceror.

Reacting at light-speed...not quite. You'll be faster, no doubt, but not too fast for me to hit. Remember, Sersi doesn't have any experience with the speed force.

Duplicates...Great! More for me to beat up.

Horrendously named amalgamtion....pffft! Seriously, does everyone not like General Kinky? I thought it was funny as hell. Three or four people have taken shots at his name already.

-DM

P.S. I know you're eager for your match Scoob, but leave the debating to me....I haven't had anything to do this whole match until now.

Scoobless
P.S. I know you're eager for your match Scoob, but leave the debating to me....I haven't had anything to do this whole match until now.

i wasn't debating... i was just asking for a little more information.... and wondering whether or not duplicates were "legal" in these battles..... no strategy or counter was mentioned...... but go for it.... i want to see a fight

FIGHT! FIGHT!! FIGHT!!!

Dizzle

Horrendously named amalgamtion....pffft! Seriously, does everyone not like General Kinky? I thought it was funny as hell. Three or four people have taken shots at his name already.

For the record, I'd give you the second best name in this tourney... And only cuz I just happen to like Queen... hehe you said "Kinky"

He save, with a mighty hand, every man, every woman, every child, he's a mighty Flash.

K Von Doom
P.S. I was also under a time constraint...I took over for Quick Freeze with only 1 round of drafting left. I could've changed Zod and/or Loki, but I didn't have much time to search for a better combo. As is it, I might have made a change, but I'm happy with what I have.

Ahh... you were wise to stick with Loki though. I'm not sure if anyone else would have thought of him. That fake drafting thread ruined me! eek!

Quick Freeze
ahem. . . i chose loki cool and zod
my vote is for digi
not because he inherited and made great my first 2 draft picks, but because i think he has a better arguement and a better amalgam

DigiMark007
i wasn't debating... i was just asking for a little more information.... and wondering whether or not duplicates were "legal" in these battles..... no strategy or counter was mentioned...... but go for it.... i want to see a fight

FIGHT! FIGHT!! FIGHT!!!

Yeah, you're comments were just points of clarification...not debates. Just didn't want anyone stealing my thunder this round and I got overly defensive.

In any case, I'd love to fight too, but even though SS showed up it hasn't exactly been breakneck speed this round.

-DM

Scoobless
Yeah, you're comments were just points of clarification...not debates. Just didn't want anyone stealing my thunder this round and I got overly defensive.

In any case, I'd love to fight too, but even though SS showed up it hasn't exactly been breakneck speed this round.

-DM

np

this round was posted on 05-19-2005 at 10:22 PM.....it's been up almost a week..... it may be just about done

sad

DigiMark007
And in the meantime (if we're just standing around as intangible entities) Loki'll be whipping something up for you...Sersi's a good Earth-Sorceror. Loki's a God-Sorceror.

Just so no one think I'm getting lazy, I realize I didn't say exactly what Loki would "whip up"

He could turn some rock formations on Pluto into dragons (check his bio, this is completely possible) or other creatures. Then they could fly around and if Sersi tries to take them out, Loki will know about it. Even if you're invisible, if you try to take one of them out, Loki will lock onto you telepathically or telekinetically...it might not hurt you, but it'll let him know where you are and be able to track you (he's remotely viewed things light-years away telepathically...staying locked on to you wouldn't be a problem). Even if the dragons just spray fire all over the place, eventually Loki's magics combined with the distractor dragons will find you.

Then it's simply a matter of hunting Sersi down. If you go tangible and/or visible again it'll just make it quicker.

-DM

P.S. At this point, I probably don't need this...just want to stay sharp though.

Scoobless
distractor dragons

is this the scientific term for them?

laughing out loud

ScarletSpider
Moonstone can turn intangible, forget the exact "science" behind it, but she can. Check out any issue of Thunderbolts (post #14, as up to 14 she'd been masquerading as "Metorite" and decided to hide her intangibility powers). She can turn invisible by bending gravity around her.

As for your "distractor dragons", the Sersi aspect of my character would easily allow her to change said dragons into...oh, pigs?

And she doesn't create "duplicates", but illusions. For some reason that term escaped be yesterday and I substituted, sorry for any misconstruction.

As for the super speed, Sersi, whose mind inhabits this amalgamation, is an Eternal, she's used to having powers beyond that of mortal mankind, and on par with the pantheons of "true" gods. She has a measure of superspeed, this would just up the ante a bit, nothing she wouldn't get a firm grip on, easily and expediently, I'm sure of.

Sentry
I'm gonna hold off on voting for now. I'll vote after a few more posts from the combatants.

stormfront13
i think i might actually change my vote

DigiMark007
Never argued that she couldn't do those things. But it's hardly an advantage...Loki can phase too, also teleport...not sure about invisibility, but I'd soon find a way around that (the aforementioned telepathic locating would probably work fine).

Great, but this still isn't an attack strategy...all it does is buy you some more time. I originally asserted that you'd be able to avoid me for a hell of a long time, but couldn't really do much to harm my character, and you've done nothing to convince me otherwise.

Ok, but you wouldn't have Bart's complete mastery over the speed force. And Bart isn't at light-speed to begin with, so you'd be faster than normal but not so fast that I couldn't track you down and hurt you (with Apollo's speed and Loki's magic).

All said and done, we can dance around each other for a long time...but when we finally start hurting the other amalgamation, I'll be tons stronger and more powerful, and anything you do to me can be healed quickly by Apollo's healing (when powered by the suit).

-DM

DigiMark007
And yes, "distractor dragons" is the official term.
cool

-DM

ScarletSpider
And Sersi's illusions are, even by the most accomplished telepaths, unable to be differentiated from the original article. And so what if you can phase? You'll still possess some mass, no matter how little, and I'll be able to use gravity to keep you in place (as Graviton has done to many an intangible foe).

DigiMark007
And Sersi's illusions are, even by the most accomplished telepaths, unable to be differentiated from the original article. And so what if you can phase? You'll still possess some mass, no matter how little, and I'll be able to use gravity to keep you in place (as Graviton has done to many an intangible foe).

Teleport away from the gravity well. Simple as that. I'm not going to be any easier to hurt than you are.

And lots of illusions...fine by me. Maybe I wouldn't be able to differentiate between them, but they wouldn't hurt me, and it only prolongs your defeat...it wouldn't do anything to hurt me. Besides, once I find the real you I wouldn't let go of you telepathically (if only to tell which one is you) and as soon as I start trying to hurt you, the duplicates won't be around long since your concentration will be busted.

DigiMark007
um, so when's the next match? I realize this one took a while to get started, but it's been a while, and with all due respect to ScarletSpider I'm quite a bit ahead. Besides, we're note even half-way through this (4 matches out of, I figure 8-10 depending on how Evangel does it) and moving things along is always good.

-DM

Quick Freeze
did i vote for dm yet?
if i didnt here's my vote shit

K Von Doom
np

this round was posted on 05-19-2005 at 10:22 PM.....it's been up almost a week..... it may be just about done

sad

Can't wait to get beat big grin

Scoobless
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Can't wait to get beat big grin

i know you can't.... but just be a little bit more patient.... all good things....

cool

DigiMark007
Ah, smack talking...how wonderful it is. That and it kills time between matches.

So....um...curse you {insert tournament member}. You are clearly inferior to my wit, and thine tourney choices pale before the light that is Kinky. Wish I could pick on someone specific, but I don't know who I'll be facing next (barring a nigh-miracle comeback here in this thread).

In a completely unrelated event, I get bored during classes, so if this tourney were started over and it was back to the draft, I now have a "draft board" complete with about 20 people, with numerous combinations and approaches to it, so that I'd get the best combo possible. General Kinky rules (nods to Quick Freeze in thanks), but there's ways to improve on any amalgam.

-DM

DarkCrawler
I vote for Digimark.

Sentry
My vote goes to Digimark 007.

long pig
I vote for this shit to hurry the hell up.
mad
Or i'm kicking someone's ass.....-looks at scoob-....

Evangel94
Match Over!

I gave scarlet spider a whole week to help him out with his problem. Sorry but it doesn't appear you couldn't get enough votes Scarlet Spider. sad

But congratulations to Digimark the winner of the match!

-Evangel smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.