Hands/Arms Cut off in Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pablo G
Since this is counting the 6 movies I will not place this thread in the Star Wars Forums. But let's count just how many persons, aliens, things lose their arms or hands.

Episode I
Nobody loses an arm here

Episode II
Anakin gets one of his hands cut off in a fight against Count Dooku

Episode III
Count Dooku gets both his hands cut off before being decapitated by Anakin.
General Grievous gets all of his hands cut off by Obi-Wan.
Mace Windu gets his right hand cut off by Anakin before being killed by Palpatine.
Anakin gets one of his arms and both his feet cut off by Obi-Wan.

Episode IV
C-3PO loses on of his arms when he is attacked by the tusken raiders.
Two aliens lose one arm at the Cantina in Mos Eisley.

Episode V
Luke cuts the Wampa's arm off
C-3PO loses his arms when he's blasted by the Stromtroopers
Darth Vader cuts Luke's hand off.

Episode VI
Luke cuts off Darth Vader's mechanical arm.

Clovie
blink

Pablo G
Which others can you remember

cindy8219
wouldnt this be considered a spoiler for those who haven't seen it? no expression

Ken Kenobi
.........wrong forum....ONCE AGAIN!

Killer_Dennis
Originally posted by Pablo G
Since this is counting the 6 movies I will not place this thread in the Star Wars Forums. But let's count just how many persons, aliens, things lose their arms or hands.

Episode I
Nobody loses an arm here

Episode II
Anakin gets one of his hands cut off in a fight against Count Dooku

Episode III
Count Dooku gets both his hands cut off before being decapitated by Anakin.
General Grievous gets all of his hands cut off by Obi-Wan.
Mace Windu gets his right hand cut off by Anakin before being killed by Palpatine.
Anakin gets one of his arms and both his feet cut off by Obi-Wan.

Episode IV
C-3PO loses on of his arms when he is attacked by the tusken raiders.
Two aliens lose one arm at the Cantina in Mos Eisley.

Episode V
Luke cuts the Wampa's arm off
C-3PO loses his arms when he's blasted by the Stromtroopers
Darth Vader cuts Luke's hand off.

Episode VI
Luke cuts off Darth Vader's mechanical arm. So that explains why in episode 6 Darth Vader has wires coming out of his hand! eek!

dms6117
Zam gets her hand cut off in Episode II I believe.

DeVi| D0do
Jango gets his head lopped off in II.

astrofan428
This is a good thread to ask this so, did anybody else love the little lockup move Anakin did to disarm Dooku?

dms6117
Originally posted by astrofan428
This is a good thread to ask this so, did anybody else love the little lockup move Anakin did to disarm Dooku?

Yeah, that was pimp.

smoker4
Originally posted by dms6117
Yeah, that was pimp.

I had nothing to do with it smokin'

astrofan428
When it happened, I swear I heard a chorus of "oh shit".

WindDancer
Many hands and legs were lost in Episode III. eek!

DarkYoda
When it happened, I swear I heard a chorus of "oh shit".

Are you talking about Dooku, because I agree... I heard a lot of people shocked in my theater about that as well. big grin

astrofan428
I dont know if it was because of how quick it was, or because of how slick it was.

koolruningz

That was sweet. It showed a good close up of the hands being severed to. I thought they could have shown Anakin taping into the darkside a bit more before his final onslaught against Dooku, maybe in Anakins expressions or something. I think its important to realise he couldnt have beaten Dooku without the darkside.

Pablo G
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
.........wrong forum....ONCE AGAIN!

So what's it to you ? I mean does it damage you in anyway ?

Pablo G
Zam appears in Episode II but I don't remember her hand being cut off

Pablo G
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Jango gets his head lopped off in II.

Dude read the thread it says arms and hands.

astrofan428
Originally posted by Killer_Dennis
So that explains why in episode 6 Darth Vader has wires coming out of his hand! eek!

I dont know why I noticed this and why I keep thinking about it. But did anybody else notice when Vader was being made he still has his robotic right arm which doesnt match with what you see in ROTJ.

But this is so minor it doesnt matter, just something I noticed.

Pablo G
There's a space of 26 years between Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi. Something could have happened to it.

Morning_Glory
I like how when people loose limbs in Star Wars no one actually bleeds

astrofan428
One guy did. big grin

Morning_Glory
who? remind me ...confused

astrofan428
The ugly cantina guy in ANH, they said they would fix it on the DVDs but never did.

Pablo G
Well they're not supposed to bleed, the lightsaber is supposed to be well hot. And something that hot would cautherize the veins and little or no blood should come out.

Morning_Glory
oHhh.. didnt think of that way confused

HateWork
zam does lose her arm in ep II. when she tries to sneak up on obi-wan, he whips around & takes off her blaster arm near the elbow. it doesn't show any detail, you just see the arm fly off for a second and thats why she gets helped out to the street.

as well, i'm pretty sure a couple clones got the no arm treatment (when jett lucas kills a buncha clones on the ramp and when yoda/obi-wan are clone thrashing in front of the temple)

Pablo G
Yeah but the troopers don't count and yeah I forgot Zam.

astrofan428
One of the younglings on the floor is missing an arm.

Pablo G
Man those don't count, I'm talking about actual characters that you can see when they lose their arm or atleast know they're name.

Morning_Glory
dont talk about the younglings getting killed cry

astrofan428
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
dont talk about the younglings getting killed cry

Did that part hit you?

Morning_Glory
yes cry

embarrasment

astrofan428
Sorry.

Morning_Glory
it didnt get to you sad

astrofan428
Not to where I cant think of it, I actually didnt think it was strong enough.(I listed reasons somewhere else)

Morning_Glory
well it was only PG 13.. and most ppl dont like to watch children being killed... erm if they are an adult..then it is ok

Ewoksaredumb
Jango's Head...(Baku nano)

astrofan428
I didnt think that it needed to be more graphic or anything.

The hype left me wanting more, I dont think Anakin looked as menacing as he was capable of. And I also dont think the kid who went up to him was cute enough, maybe a girl would have been better(that sounds mean). I saw this as the point of no return in the eyes of average fans, yet I heard little reaction when the scene went down.

Pablo G
Well that's probably because you don't se anything happen nor do you hear it. If we had heard the kids screaming what would have affected me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.