Doctor tells Obi and Bail what?!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HOBBE5
After seeing it twice today I still didn't get it.

In the scene after the climatic battle where Padme is being looked over by the medical droids while Obi, Yoda, and Bail look on, the head medical droid comes over and says that Padme is perfectly fine and healthy, but there is something wrong, in that she doesn't want to live.

So she doesn't die because of the childbirth, nor because of Anakin's force choke, but because she doesn't want to live? What the hell?!

I didn't know you could just up and die without injury or suicide, because you didn't want to live. Did she get powers that nobody knew of, maybe from Anakin "injecting" his goods into her, by which she became pregnant, and by which she could kill herself just by giving up, using those powers to do the deed. I thought that, like a couple other things, was a cop out.

I would've preferred her to die by those above means concerning Anakin, or her living in a deep depression in seclusion on Alderaan, because at least it would've tied up that Leia issue.......

which by the way, it would've been better to have Leia next to her as she died rather than Luke, because people could've had some acceptable happiness with that whole Leia remembers mother issue.

Lazerlike42
eh whatever it's supposed to make it sadder

astrofan428
It can happen, but you lose respect for the woman who couldnt pull through for the kids she just had.

Two children are enough to make you want to live.

Soda
yeah although it's possible Leia remembers Padme/her mother at that very scene...creepy

star22
I don't believe it. I think that Anakin really killed her. The droid wouldn't understand the force and thus wouldn't understand the choking thing. Her depression certainly helped, but it was Anakin.

Ushgarak
Best not to read too much into this. Her spirit was broken and her body followed. It is a mythological tale; leave it at that.

DeVi| D0do
She died of a broken heart.

bilb
But losing the will to live and dying because of it DOES happen... this is by far nowhere near the biggest flaw of the flick (not that there are many.. I loved it!! )

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by star22
I don't believe it. I think that Anakin really killed her. The droid wouldn't understand the force and thus wouldn't understand the choking thing. Her depression certainly helped, but it was Anakin.

Even with the Force, there is physical reaction when it hits something. Her larynx and windpipe would still be bruised. Thats an easy enough thing to figure out....Its like Ush said, its a mythological tale, and in myth's, people can die of a broken heart.

macgeek2005
When your husband, who few seconds before, was promising you to rule the galaxy, chokes you to unconsciousness, it's just too much to take. The galaxy has been taken over by evil, and your husband is the Dark Lords apprentice... who would want to live like that?

Lazerlike42
as far as the whole how did Leia remember her thing is concerned, I could not tell but I was trying to determine if (as stupid as this may be) it was Leia that was being held near Padme the longest during that scene, given that she came out second and a "lengthy" conversation took place after that.

astrofan428
I didnt notice while watching, but someone mentioned that Luke doesnt open his eyes.

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by astrofan428
I didnt notice while watching, but someone mentioned that Luke doesnt open his eyes.

That's interesting.... In any case the force most certainly has to play some role in the matter.

jainasolo55
Padme did not die from the force choke but the reason she did not have the will to live anymore was because Anakin had turned evil. It is ironic how Anakin's whole purpose for turing to the dark side was to save his wife but ends up killing her ,not pysically but emotinally. so his dream was true that she would die but not in child birth. He himself was the cause of Padmes death by trying to prevent it from happening.

mephistodesigns
Let that be a lesson to all you potential Sith out there, don't try to manipulate the Force in unnatural ways. It always turns out BADLY!!!

Hegemon875
maybe if she didnt die vader wouldnt kill palpatine because luke would have been raised by padme in hiding who probably wouldnt have let him become a jedi which means he would never have been discovered which means the emperor wouldnt try to kill him which means vader wouldnt change and kill palpatine returning balance to the force, so the force "needed" her to die. So much for not reading to much into it lol.. and BTW how can it be a balance if there is only one side remaining.

GCG
Thats what i said; the same thing as Ush, Bilb and Devi|Dodo.......i would assume that she also feels a little bit guilty by delving into a relationship with Anakin, thus making him do actions for her that had indelible consequences for the galaxy.

Lazerlike42
yeah that's never made sense... poor wording probably.

UNLESS lol.... this may be reading too much, but perhaps the prophecy said he'd bring balance, and the Jedi all thought this was a good thing, but they didn't realize it wasn't a good or a bad thing, it was just a basic statement of fact. The fact being that with the Sith having gained power things were balanced out because they had been powerless for so long.

In fact, to geteven more into it, after Vader there are two Jedi and two Sith.... perfect balance!

the___stranger
The prophecy said that he would kill the sith and he does, he just goes about it in a way that was less fun than it would have been had he not turned to the dark side.

The force gets what it wants, the question is do you want to be an honorable participant or dishonorable....

bILLYgOAT
losing the will to live is a power that only the very old or the very sick have available.
This power is certainly NOT available to a young woman with 2 children inside her who want to live and would override her own personal desire to die.

this raises a second point.
PADMES DUTY
EPI & EPII featured Padmes devotion to duty.
Would she have not had a stronger duty to her children's welfare & not to her selfish desire to end it all for the sake of a lover who betrayed her trust & broke her heart and thus killing her child/children.

in my opinion
It amounted to an attempted suicide/infanticide by Pame & from the previous 2 films, that was out of character for her.

Lazerlike42
it's just supposed to be tragic because she lost Anakin and he turned on her and was mean and etc. etc. etc.

The Biker Scout
Maybe Sidious was responsible in that he caused a midichlorian imbalance?...No?

yerssot
why that TBS?

ragesRemorse
Yeah, this was one of many humourous momments in this flick. The doctors were like "yeah shes in perfect health, but she is just giving up on life" What kind of dumb ass shit is that.

Lord S
What were Padme's very last words to Obi-wan? I couldn't hear it.

yerssot
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Yeah, this was one of many humourous momments in this flick. The doctors were like "yeah shes in perfect health, but she is just giving up on life" What kind of dumb ass shit is that.
it's to make it more dramatic, it's star wars not reality

SixOfTwelve

Whisper
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Yeah, this was one of many humourous momments in this flick. The doctors were like "yeah shes in perfect health, but she is just giving up on life" What kind of dumb ass shit is that. But then again, what kind of dumb ass shit is hyperdrive, the Force, lightsabres, lightspeed, droids, alien races and planet destroying deathstars? Just enjoy the movies.

TheForceSupreme
It didn't make sense and it never will. And that's the truth.

Whisper
And that's what helps make it absolutely fantastic.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Whisper
But then again, what kind of dumb ass shit is hyperdrive, the Force, lightsabres, lightspeed, droids, alien races and planet destroying deathstars? Just enjoy the movies.

dude, okay, heres the thing. There is this world that is technologicaly driven. The doctors were droids for chist sake.hyperdrive is at your finger tips Yet, they cannot save a woman who is in perfect health? That just sounds like bad writing to me buddy. If you want to swallow that go ahead. However, i cannot turn a blind eye to this blatant hic cup. It would have been just as dramatic if she had died any other way. Maybe anakin kills her, now that is drama for. Although i guess if she diddnt JUST die we wouldnt have the drama of arguing this would we.

It doesnt have to make sense to be accepted, just presented in a well written way. ROTS was probably the worst written of the 6 movies. It wasnt the worst though. It could have been on par with the original if it werent for the writing.

mtryder
"So much for not reading to much into it lol.. and BTW how can it be a balance if there is only one side remaining."

Because the sith are the imbalance. No sith= no imbalance= balance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.