"Lord Vader......can you hear me?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

obiwan609
what did you guys think of vaders performance in the suite?
honestly i thought he could have been darker......its kinda weird hearing darth vader saying the name padme and crying out.....

DCLXVI
I haven't seen RotS yet, (but I've read reviews and I'd read the IS earlier on), but I've thought that some Vader dialogue might have done well while they were on the SD....

Hegemon875
yeah I agree about the crying thing.

astrofan428
I loved it, he stumbled off the table but my excuse is two new lesg and around 80 pounds of extra weight.

As far as dialogue, putting him in that suit doesnt transform him into OT vader, he simply matures inot OT Vader.

Hegemon875
he just a torso...I cant stop thinking about that, and a burnt up one at that

astrofan428
Under the black he is still smoldering, did you see the smoke puff when the helmet closed?

mephistodesigns
that was the helmet pressurizing the air in the suit.

astrofan428
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
that was the helmet pressurizing the air in the suit.

Damnit, let me have my moment. stick out tongue

mephistodesigns
laughing sorry...I just heard someone in another thread say he was still smoldering and they mistook the smoke in the room for him, not the mist in the air.

Hegemon875
LOL

Hegemon875
This terrifing figure out if his suit is so helpless. I know thats somehow significant.

Darth_Sidious01
*Imitates "Nooo!!"* stick out tongue
Seriously I liked this performance of Vader..i mean i think it would have been kinda dumb to have him immediately turn into this dark lord of the sith right after he just got owned by Obi-Wan..remember people he's still young...taking in that he was just beat by his old master and left for dead...and all this pressure of joining the dark side only to find out the person he loved the most has died by his hand? i think i'd be crying like a little ***** too....

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Darth_Sidious01
*Imitates "Nooo!!"* stick out tongue
Seriously I liked this performance of Vader..i mean i think it would have been kinda dumb to have him immediately turn into this dark lord of the sith right after he just got owned by Obi-Wan..remember people he's still young...taking in that he was just beat by his old master and left for dead...and all this pressure of joining the dark side only to find out the person he loved the most has died by his hand? i think i'd be crying like a little ***** too....

yeah I agree the performance was right just that it was also wierd.

Lazerlike42
At this point he doesn't even want to be a Sith. He is basically just a scared teenager that has gotten in too deep and doesn't know what to do so he just goes with the flow, like so many do.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
At this point he doesn't even want to be a Sith. He is basically just a scared teenager that has gotten in too deep and doesn't know what to do so he just goes with the flow, like so many do.

to true I mean i dont think I'd do any differently he has no where else to go really.

Darth_Sidious01
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
Exactamundo, my friend. He doesn't even WANNA be a Sith but eventually he grows into it with him being driven by anger and hatred for others as well as himself for destroying the thing he fought so hard to try and save...He was trapped with nowhere to go...and i'd be a little POed to wear a dumb cod piece the rest of my life too lol...I also liked the Anakin POV when the Mask was being lowered..what was it like Infrared or somethin?

astrofan428
The eyes probably display all his vital infomation as far as keeping him alive.

Darth_Sidious01
Ahhh true very true

Lazerlike42
lol it's probably typical Sci-fi... probly looks like Geordi's perspective from "The Neutral Zone"... every science fiction artificial vision looks like that stick out tongue

vader519
I though Vader's performance was awesome, agreat scene, and just to hear JEJ's voice gave me the chills.

ApolloX
This movie was awesome! I just got back from seeing it. By far the best Star Wars movie!

jedijunky1138
I'm Just glad that they didn't paint Vader in a different light. I was afraid that they would give him too much compassion after his transformation. The truly evil Vader Rocked!

Lazerlike42
yeah lol... he didn't WANT to do it, but he sure as heck did it!

adamrubin
I'm Back

Captain REX
Oh good...

Peer pressure, Lazerlike...when Jedi have too much, they go Sith on each other. stick out tongue

Eddy Urquia
I think there should have been a bit more of vader. In fact, I think there wasn't enough of him. Vader asking for Padme was unsual because u guys mentioned it, and I also did feel it during the movie. The worst moment hands down for me was when Padme and Anakin begin talk of her being Preggers. That was unnecessary!! I felt it was not a StarWars issue at all.Not even for the times 2005! No no no! They could have made it a literary masterpiece and mentioned her pregnancy through literary talk of how Padme feels she's in bloom, and of life and renewal. Talking straight out about pregnancy, BAD! Also, all scenes dealing with pregnancy was out of place. I'm not up tight about this issues, it's just that it did not have no place in SW saga. Padme in a birth position with a droid dictating breathing method and pattern from SW lamas classes? lol. Bad!! Sorry, but in some scene Padme looked old, and her face now showed age, lol. Still cute, but some scene she looked dag nasty ugly, i though it was lighting issue. Again, most of Anakin+Padme scene were yucky, and all pregnancy moments were no necesssary. We all know it, and he could have shown less= more. I LOVED THE MOVIE!! THIS DVD WILl RULE FOR YEARS AS NUMERO UNO!

jedijunky1138
confused

tpaquin
Originally posted by Eddy Urquia
I think there should have been a bit more of vader. In fact, I think there wasn't enough of him. Vader asking for Padme was unsual because u guys mentioned it, and I also did feel it during the movie. The worst moment hands down for me was when Padme and Anakin begin talk of her being Preggers. That was unnecessary!! I felt it was not a StarWars issue at all.Not even for the times 2005! No no no! They could have made it a literary masterpiece and mentioned her pregnancy through literary talk of how Padme feels she's in bloom, and of life and renewal. Talking straight out about pregnancy, BAD! Also, all scenes dealing with pregnancy was out of place. I'm not up tight about this issues, it's just that it did not have no place in SW saga. Padme in a birth position with a droid dictating breathing method and pattern from SW lamas classes? lol. Bad!! Sorry, but in some scene Padme looked old, and her face now showed age, lol. Still cute, but some scene she looked dag nasty ugly, i though it was lighting issue. Again, most of Anakin+Padme scene were yucky, and all pregnancy moments were no necesssary. We all know it, and he could have shown less= more. I LOVED THE MOVIE!! THIS DVD WILl RULE FOR YEARS AS NUMERO UNO!

I disagree with a lot of what you said, there(Thigns could have been rewritten, but they were necessary), but I agree about Padme looking wierd in some scenes. Ironically, she looks particularly bad in teh scene where Anakin says, "You look beautiful." I guess he has a weird fetish.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.