Topher Grace is one of the villains in Spider-Man 3!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doc Ock
Check it out: http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=filmNews&storyID=2005-05-20T014153Z_01_N19209850_RTRIDST_0_FILM-SPIDERMAN-DC.XML

OH MY GOD!!! eek!

I was sooooooo wrong.I was certain he was not a villain.

I am STUNNED!!!

What about Harry??? Could Topher be the Hobgoblin instead of Harry???

Could Harry create him???

Wow oh wow what a shock we have here people.

gls
should put this in the news thread..but oh well.
anywho i wonder who the hell he'll play... blink

fever red
Too early to even speculate, really- although, at the rate this information is surfacing, we may know for sure by tomorrow...

Doc Ock
Sorry but this deserves a thread of its own.We shouldn't jam all the important info into one thread.

And please Venom fanatics don't spam the place thinking meek little Topher is Eddie Brock.

Been there done that with Thomas Haden Church.

It's getting old.Venom won't be in SM-3 mmmmmkay wink

Jimmy Buggs
isnt there already a tread about this. this new thread = ZZZZZZZZ

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
isnt there already a tread about this. this new thread = ZZZZZZZZ

No smart ass the other thread just says he was in SM-3.

This one says he's a villain.

If it bores you then don't come in.Simple wink

Jimmy Buggs
zzzzzzzzzzz Happy Dance

fruits
oh my god. wow. i really have no idea who he could play. electro, hobgoblin??

Spiderman_RJ
HA! i told u mister i know everything, and sam raimi and molina gossiping should be considered oficial sir. i told u

Jimmy Buggs
hes going to be Dr. Ardvark

Spiderman_RJ
and who the hell is ard?

VeNoIIvII
Well guys, I dont know if this site is right, but it is coming from a very good source, and here is what it says :

Who are the villains of Spider-Man 3?

The villains for "Spider-Man 3" will be Venom and Man-Wolf, at least according to a report on the PressConnects.com website.

I do know that Venom is supposed to be a part of the next movie, and since Daniel Gillies is coming back to play John Jameson/Man-Wolf (he told me he's returning for sure), I guess it's safe to say that Thomas Haden Church, who they announced for a role, will be suiting up to play Venom. So everything in the article seems to be on the money.

Special-effects worker Tim Phoenix, who worked on Doc Ock for "Spider-Man 2", has been hired to work on both Venom and Man-Wolf for the next sequel. "It's super cool stuff and I am in my element here for these particular creations," he tells the abovementioned site. "I am living in 'the dream' out here. It is just so surreal."

"Spider-Man 3" swings into theatres in 2007.

Thatis the article directly from the site........wow VENOM is in it and Thomas will be playign Eddie Brock..i can honestly sayi think he could be him......anyways there you go....im guessign Doc Ock youllprobably try to rip this info apart....so go ahead....

Doc Ock
Originally posted by VeNoIIvII
Well guys, I dont know if this site is right, but it is coming from a very good source, and here is what it says :

The villains for "Spider-Man 3" will be Venom and Man-Wolf, at least according to a report on the PressConnects.com website.

I do know that Venom is supposed to be a part of the next movie, and since Daniel Gillies is coming back to play John Jameson/Man-Wolf (he told me he's returning for sure), I guess it's safe to say that Thomas Haden Church, who they announced for a role, will be suiting up to play Venom. So everything in the article seems to be on the money.

Special-effects worker Tim Phoenix, who worked on Doc Ock for "Spider-Man 2", has been hired to work on both Venom and Man-Wolf for the next sequel. "It's super cool stuff and I am in my element here for these particular creations," he tells the abovementioned site. "I am living in 'the dream' out here. It is just so surreal."

Thatis the article directly from the site........wow VENOM is in it and Thomas will be playign Eddie Brock..i can honestly sayi think he could be him......anyways there you go....im guessign Doc Ock youllprobably try to rip this info apart....so go ahead....

You know my arguments on this already.Pure and utter BS.Man Wolf and Venom??? Now theres a good team up lol.

Read these.You'll see it is rumoured EVERYWHERE that Church is Sandman:

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1502648/05192005/story.jhtml

And this one shows you that it is on record that Sandman is rumoured and Raimi does NOT like Venom: http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=16810

No offence but what kind of Spider-Man fan can seriously believe Man Wolf will be the main villain in SM-3??? Seriously.

And to you spiderman rj can you explain to me how Topher being cast as a villain has anything to do with Raimi and Molina officially saying Ock is alive????

lukester
-RAD-

The Ones
what kind off spidey fan (including raimi) could think that sandman can be a villain in spidey 3? hes too weak (to hold a movie on his own wise) and he sucks so bad that spidey cooks him, eats him, digests him and brings him out the same way he was, SHIT!!

Doc Ock
Dude just cos you don't like him doesn't mean many others don't.He's a classic.And Raimi and Maguire both publicaly said they love him.

And in case you didn't notice this thread is telling you he ain't the only villain wink

The Ones
i know. but im just saying. if raimi puts sandman in spidey 3, im not seeing it. even if hes not the only villain. he just sucks big time

Doc Ock
Whoa you would boycott without even knowing the story he gets or the action scenes or basically any facts of the movie at all???

Thats rather drastic man.

The Ones

doctorstrongbad

Linkalicious
Originally posted by The Ones
what kind off spidey fan (including raimi) could think that sandman can be a villain in spidey 3? hes too weak (to hold a movie on his own wise) and he sucks so bad that spidey cooks him, eats him, digests him and brings him out the same way he was, SHIT!!

Thomas Haden Church can completely carry the character and with the advances in CGI in movies today I think Spiderman fans, even ones who don't like Sandman, are going to be in for a real treat.

I'm trying to think about the character's build when it comes to who Topher Grace could play and I really can't think of anyone physically except for maybe the Vulture, after absorbing someone. (gets younger)

I'm sure we'll find out in the next couple of days....and I'm sure a lot of us will be surprised.

The Ones
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
How much money is that? I'm in the USA so we use dollars.

$27.37

spencerspider
he is hobgoblin trust me man and woman. harry as gg and topher as hg = gpblin war! yay
and sandman

VeNoIIvII
Originally posted by Doc Ock
You know my arguments on this already.Pure and utter BS.Man Wolf and Venom??? Now theres a good team up lol.

Read these.You'll see it is rumoured EVERYWHERE that Church is Sandman:

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1502648/05192005/story.jhtml

And this one shows you that it is on record that Sandman is rumoured and Raimi does NOT like Venom: http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=16810

No offence but what kind of Spider-Man fan can seriously believe Man Wolf will be the main villain in SM-3??? Seriously.

And to you spiderman rj can you explain to me how Topher being cast as a villain has anything to do with Raimi and Molina officially saying Ock is alive????

Doc Ock listen to yourself!!! im not trying to start a fight with you a gain, but you said Sandman is Rumered in these articles...dude there are millions of rumers about every villin...And i never said i liked manwolf i just saw it in the article....this is the most accredeted article yet, and trust me they could make manwolf awsome...with all the things they can do with movies now they could have a chicken be the villin and it would still seem cool.... laughing and one more thing I TOLD YOU HARRY WOULDNT BE THE GOBLIN.....BUT YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE SOOOOOOO RIGHT, so now we all know you can also be wrong, and from that article i posted, and from the special effects dude saying hes excited to worl on Venom, i think its safe to say we may see those 2 in the movie....AND NOW I AM THROUGH WISE GUY laughing laughing

Doc Ock
Ok first off you NEVER said Harry would not be a Goblin.And if you doubt me I can dig up your old posts in the other threads we debated in.

Second I have NEVER said Sandman is DEFINITELY the villain.I said he is the strongest contender.

I will say that you haven't got a chance in hell of seeing Venom or Man wolf in SM-3.You can quote me on that.And I don't need any evidence to back me up there.Just common sense.

And finally if you don't want to fight with me you're not off to a good start by calling me a wise guy........unless thats a compliment wink

Doc Ock
Originally posted by spencerspider
he is hobgoblin trust me man and woman. harry as gg and topher as hg = gpblin war! yay
and sandman

Um theres only two villains.I really doubt it's two Goblins wink

Doc Ock
Btw where are the suggestions on who Topher will be playing??

Come on people.

I saw a young Vulture suggestion.I guess it's possible.But a villain with green wings doesn't exactly thrill me......

Doc Ock
Eeeeek Sorry guys I'm afraid I've made a mountain out of a mole hill here.

According to Sony's official Spider-Man 3 site Topher Grace's character is completed unconfirmed.

It is not official he is playing a villain after all.The Hollywood reporter made that up mad

Sorry guys my bad embarrasment

But I guess that gives hope that Harry may still be the Hobgoblin.

Paola you may close this thread.

Endenkton
Doc Ock listen to yourself!!! im not trying to start a fight with you a gain, but you said Sandman is Rumered in these articles...dude there are millions of rumers about every villin...And i never said i liked manwolf i just saw it in the article....this is the most accredeted article yet, and trust me they could make manwolf awsome...with all the things they can do with movies now they could have a chicken be the villin and it would still seem cool.... laughing and one more thing I TOLD YOU HARRY WOULDNT BE THE GOBLIN.....BUT YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE SOOOOOOO RIGHT, so now we all know you can also be wrong, and from that article i posted, and from the special effects dude saying hes excited to worl on Venom, i think its safe to say we may see those 2 in the movie....AND NOW I AM THROUGH WISE GUY laughing laughing

Joke is on you buddy.Topher is not a villain.

Nothing is confirmed.

So Harry Osborn can still be the Hobgoblin Happy Dance

Morning_Glory
Topher Grace is dorky

Endenkton
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
Topher Grace is dorky

Yes indeed.

Which is why I'm glad he is not confirmed as a villain.

I want Harry and Thomas Church.

VeNoIIvII
Im guessign if they have casted a new person hes probably a new villin guys, or will be playign a villin in the future, i mean they wouldnt just cast soemoen with no importance........

VeNoIIvII
Originally posted by Endenkton
Joke is on you buddy.Topher is not a villain.

Nothing is confirmed.

So Harry Osborn can still be the Hobgoblin Happy Dance

So the joke isnt on me yet....he will probably be another villin, what els would they need him for...? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Endenkton
Im guessign if they have casted a new person hes probably a new villin guys, or will be playign a villin in the future, i mean they wouldnt just cast soemoen with no importance........

Did you even read anything???

He might not even be a villain at all.

That puts egg on your smug face after all the gloating and laughing you did up above doesn't it Happy Dance

Endenkton
So the joke isnt on me yet....he will probably be another villin, what els would they need him for...? roll eyes (sarcastic)

How about to play a non villain character.

There are OTHER Spider-Man characters besides villains ya know.

If you read the Spider-Man comics you'll see that Happy Dance

makten
maybe it's mysterio...topher grace kinda fits...

NoFate007
Topher Grace may be a good Peter Parker if Tobey was to bail out...I can see him doing that...but as a villain? Idk who he could play...Quentin Beck is the only thing I can think of out of the gallery of villains.

Gen-117
I have a nagging feeling that IF they do Venom in SM4, it'll be the USM story, and Topher could be playing the young Eddie Brock

Don't rip me to peices for this, it's just a thought

makten
but it would be so weird to see topher in spiderman...it'll probably remind me of eric in 70's show which only talks about star wars...
though, i really think he does kinda seem like a mysterio kinda guy

The Ones
Um theres only two villains.I really doubt it's two Goblins wink

2 villains? harry could be a good guy and realise what spider-man did was for the best. and now hes helping spidey. goblin wars can be an option

Gen-117
by the way, can anyone explain Sandman in USM for me? i haven't seen him in it

makten
sandman in USM came up in the ultimate six series...the story went into the ultimates story line...
sandman was released from his cell by the shield agents...and he went on battling with spidey...the fight was ended when the doctors that worked on the sandman project shot sandman unconcious...then later on he worked together with osborn, ock, kraven, and electro...went on rampage for a while...but then was beaten by iron man and ended up in jars

The Ones
so, weve seen ock and osborn, and sandman is looking to be a big fat yes. the 2 other villains could be kraven and electro?

makten
but i don't think topher would be the sandman...he's not rough or big enough...

Idiot! That's pure Bullshit.

Topher sucks!

Sam Raimi you idiot! You just made the biggest mistake of your life!

kanis
alien So anything on the actual sandman becoming sandman and how PP is going to defeat because I don't think he will be vacumed up by him.

The Ones
Originally posted by [email protected]
Idiot! That's pure Bullshit.

Topher sucks!

Sam Raimi you idiot! You just made the biggest mistake of your life!

not necessarily. depends who topher is playing.

Doc Ock
Well it is NOT confirmed he is playing a villain.

After all Harry has been saying and doing I can only see him becoming a villain.

das kreigar
i must admit that when i saw the rumours about one of the villains being sandman i wasnt exactly wild about the idea anmd didnt really see what they could do for two hours with him, but on the other hand i think that whoever raimi chooses for the villains then he must have something special up his sleeve, and i will still watch the film even if the villain is a 2 inch tall worm that says boo

Zod4Life
Maybe there will be 3 villains.Sandman,Hobgoblin(Harry) and maybe Venom.It's a possibility but he'd have to really bulk up.

Doc Ock
No it's only two villains.

That much is DEFINITE.

NoFate007
Alright, let's break this down...I'm gonna get rid of the villains like Beetle that have no chance at all, but here is where I found the giant list of villains: http://www.samruby.com/villtoc.htm

Now, taking most of them out, these are all the villains that have any chance of being in any of the movies:

Carnage
Chameleon
Doctor Octopus
Doppleganger
Electro
Green Goblin I
Green Goblin II
Hobgoblin I
Hydro-Man
Kraven
Lizard
Manwolf
Morbius
Mysterio
Rhino
Sandman
Scorpion
Shocker
Shriek
Smythe, Alistaire
Spider-Slayers
Venom
Vulture

Now, some of these have been shown, and some of these require too much of a backstory with other characters, so we can eliminate some....

NoFate007
Chameleon
Electro
Green Goblin II
Hobgoblin I
Hydro-Man
Kraven
Lizard
Manwolf
Morbius
Mysterio
Rhino
Sandman
Scorpion
Shocker
Smythe, Alistaire
Spider-Slayers
Venom
Vulture

Logic here: Green Goblin has already been seen, and audiences don't like repetitive things, so GG2 and Hobgoblin are out. Hydro-Man couldn't hold up a movie by himself, and even if there were two villains, who really wants to see Hydro-Man? He's out. Man-Wolf is out too, nobody likes him and he's pointless. Jameson is a better character without Man-Wolf. Spider-Slayers are too X-Men like, having a machine fight Spider-Man...that's out. Morbius is not a substantial enough SPIDER-MAN villain. Same goes for Smythe.

Church and Grace could not play Rhino, he's out. Lizard would be played by Dylan Baker...so no new casting there. If Raimi went Vulture's route, it would be terrible, he's out. That leaves us with Chameleon, Electro, Kraven, Mysterio, Sandman, Scorpion, Shocker, and Venom....

NoFate007
Chameleon/Electro/Kraven/Mysterio/Sandman/Scorpion/Shocker/Venom

Nitty gritty here.

Chameleon - could be played by either of them successfully, but I could see Grace playing him more than Church.

Electro - I don't think either of them look enough like him to play him, although he could hold up a movie.

Kraven - I don't see the attraction with this guy, and neither of them look like him at all, so he's out.

Mysterio - definitely not Church, but Grace with glasses on has a definite shot. Mysterio can be used successfully to create controversy, as could Chameleon. Mysterio would require more eye-candy though, and it would be a better spectacle movie-wise, since we've seen shapeshifters all over the place in cinema already. Also, Mysterio could be upgraded to actually have some sort of offensive attacks, and perhaps he could put up a great fight against Spider-Man.

Sandman - Church has a shot to play him, Grace doesn't. Church somewhat resembles him...not exactly, he looks more like Hydro-Man (lol the irony) but he's got a great shot, also being the favorite of the lead actor and the director.

Scorpion - Grace could not play him, Church could POSSIBLY pull it off, but not as good as someone like Tom Sizemore would be casted for. I don't see this being very likely, but there's a slight possibility.

Shocker - I don't know what Shultz looks like, but I can see Church more in this role than Grace. This is a possibility, because Shocker requires virtually no backstory and he's a very straightforward, menacing, fight villain.

NoFate007
Venom - we all know that Venom has insane potential, is a great villain that affects both Spider-Man's use of powers and his personal life (better than any villain I'd argue). Venom, however, could not be played by Grace. Church, there is a slight chance, but I don't see it happening. Sadly, Venom is a slight chance that probably will not happen until 4 or later if they continue with the series.

That leaves us with this:

Mysterio, Shocker, and Sandman.

My theory is that Grace is Mysterio, and that Church is one of the S's. Now, I think that if Mysterio is given an upgrade in powers and can fight back, then Sandman is the villain. If he is not, however, Shocker has a good shot. Shocker and Sandman could both work very well on screen, but I think Shocker would be more believable and whatnot. Mysterio could definitely do a lot of damage, especially if he had offensive manuevers.

In conclusion, I can find out that Grace, if he plays any of the villains that logically should be on screen, he has no choice but to play Mysterio. If we see Absorbing Man or something, I doubt Raimi will receive much applause. Church is Shocker or Sandman, most likely Sandman due to its popularity from 2 big creative sources on the project.

My prediction:

Topher Grace - Mysterio / Thomas Haden Church - Sandman
The sand is in the fish bowl...Spider-Man 3

VeNoIIvII
Originally posted by The Ones
2 villains? harry could be a good guy and realise what spider-man did was for the best. and now hes helping spidey. goblin wars can be an option

Finnaly someone agrees with me that Harry may become good, and realize that his dad was infact a mass murderer.....In the 2nd movie Harry found out Peter was Spidey..Peter is his best freind..I highly dought he would have the guts to go after him....and i dotn think Sam would do another Goblin...the first Goblin sucked it would be suicide if he did do another one....just a thought...

doctorstrongbad
Yeah its really hard to picture Topher grace as a bad guy. I think he would of made a great spider-man if toby wants to stop at three films.

fruits
i definantly DO NOT see topher grace as mysterio, sorry buddy. and you said having the hobgoblin would be too repetitive?? so then what exactl do you suggest they do to tie off the whole, harry discovering his dad was the goblin and discovering the secret hiding spot of the costume and glider? i dunno, i could see topher as hobgoblin. maybe even chameleon. but, since its not certain hes a villain, he prolly wont be. but then who could he play???

Paola
Eeeeek Sorry guys I'm afraid I've made a mountain out of a mole hill here.

According to Sony's official Spider-Man 3 site Topher Grace's character is completed unconfirmed.

It is not official he is playing a villain after all.The Hollywood reporter made that up mad

Sorry guys my bad embarrasment

But I guess that gives hope that Harry may still be the Hobgoblin.

Paola you may close this thread.

Whenever you want me to close a thread, please, pm me or report it, otherwise it will be hard for me to notice... dunce

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.