Here's what I don't get.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
ok....anakin and padme were supposed to be deeply in love, right? well, when she asks him to run away with her, to raise their children in peace, why doesnt he do it? i know that if the love of my life (FJ) asked me to drop everything and run away with her, even though i was a power hungry sith apprentice, i would drop my lightsaber, run away with her, and live happily ever after.

Darth Plagueis
"You don't know the POWER of the darkside, I CANNOT resist my master..."

Batman316
would have made for a boring ending and non existant OT

Rogue Jedi
well, they say that love conquers all.

ShadowKing
"I have more power than any Jedi. I'm more powerful than the Emperor! I can defeat him and then you and I can rule the galaxy in peace..."

Darth Plagueis
Yeah, thats another point...he came up with an alternate 'happy ending' plan and she refused him.

Rogue Jedi
well, if FJ told me to do it, i would do it. what was more important to him? padme, or attaining power? he did it all for her, remember?

Lord S
I think he loved ultimate power as much as he loved her.

unno
That's exactly the point (and something critics usually fail to see.) The reason that everyone bashes Natalie and Hayden's "lack of chemistry" is that Padme and Anakin aren't really in love. They're caught up in some sort of stupid puppy-love, obsession with each other. He doesn't really care that much about her as a person; she just sort of represents this ideal to him, kind of like a surrogate mother. He doesn't want to be weak like he was with Shmi, so he tries to get greater power. That's much more important to him than Padme.

Unno

Darth Plagueis
Plus she's hot and he's the only Jedi "gettin some" stick out tongue

theshakl
I think you got it with the idea that he wants both equally...he wants Love...but HIS way..... where he is in control u know?

and YES HE DOES LOVE HER!

astrofan428
Okay I forget, how did he respond to the move to Naboo thing? Did he say no?

Because if he didnt he might have been thinking about, but that night he has the dream, thus making it his goal to prevent her from dying.

thatnugget
ok, please, someone tell me, the thing i dont get is how do they not know there are twins i mean c'mon theres gotta be some explanation for this somewhere, even if your pregnancy is secret you can find out if you have twins

Lazerlike42
it's plenty easy to know today if a woman will have twins or if it's a boy or a girl.... some people simply choose not to ask so they will be surprised in the traditional "it's a boy!" sense. Also, Padme probably didn't see any doctors because she was hiding it from everyone for her sake and Anakin's, so there was probably nobody to tell her that.

moonwalker741
Its probably because the nightmare he had set him off to think that she was going to die, which she was, but she dies because of his plan to try and prevent her from dieing...

Lazerlike42
ooooh paradox! wink

atila the great
here's the thing: you get a premonition of your wife diying, you love this lady more than anything and the last time you saw something in a dream your mother died.

you love her so much that to think of her death is unverable, but then somebody tells you that you can manipulate life to prevent that to happen. now your love turns into desperate need. you can't live without her. you would sell your soul to satan if you have to. and then your teachers want to kill this man before he tells you the secret??!! no f...... way, you want your girl first.

that's anakin's mind right there

astrofan428
Originally posted by atila the great
here's the thing: you get a premonition of your wife diying, you love this lady more than anything and the last time you saw something in a dream your mother died.

you love her so much that to think of her death is unverable, but then somebody tells you that you can manipulate life to prevent that to happen. now your love turns into desperate need. you can't live without her. you would sell your soul to satan if you have to. and then your teachers want to kill this man before he tells you the secret??!! no f...... way, you want your girl first.

that's anakin's mind right there

Perfectly said, and honestly, I would do what he did.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by unno
That's exactly the point (and something critics usually fail to see.) The reason that everyone bashes Natalie and Hayden's "lack of chemistry" is that Padme and Anakin aren't really in love. They're caught up in some sort of stupid puppy-love, obsession with each other. He doesn't really care that much about her as a person; she just sort of represents this ideal to him, kind of like a surrogate mother. He doesn't want to be weak like he was with Shmi, so he tries to get greater power. That's much more important to him than Padme.

Unno
thats insane. he fell in love with her as a child, dreamed of her for years, then she fell in love with him in episode 2. they arent in love? how in the hell did you get that?

Reborn Again
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
ok....anakin and padme were supposed to be deeply in love, right? well, when she asks him to run away with her, to raise their children in peace, why doesnt he do it? i know that if the love of my life (FJ) asked me to drop everything and run away with her, even though i was a power hungry sith apprentice, i would drop my lightsaber, run away with her, and live happily ever after.

He's torn between his life and that of a Jedi. On one hand he loves and adores Padme and on the other he has his duty to the restore peace to the galaxy. And the Dark Side was the stronger of the two.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
well, they say that love conquers all.

yeah, thats obviously a load of crap

Rogue Jedi
no it isnt. you have obviously never been in love.

ragesRemorse
i was speaking in the fantasical aspect of star wars episode 3. The only thing anakin was in love with was himself. He cared more about what the councel thought of him than padme. So in that sense...yes, love conquering all is a load of crap. In reality and in fiction. Love is nothing more than a chemical imbalance in the brain. That is the blunt honest truth of things. makes life kind of empty when you know the truth

Rogue Jedi
man, i feel sorry for you. why do you think this? has you been hurt before? love is most spectacular feeling in the world. now, i admit, there have been times where i thought i was in love, but i wasnt. i never believed in soul mates until i met FJ. she and i are meant to be together. we have all the same interests and enjoy doing the same things. i used to feel the same as you do, that love was something you can control, but now i see that trying to control love is impossible. when you meet the one, there is no way you can keep from falling in love, it is just fate.

DeVi| D0do
Hate is more powerful than love.

Rogue Jedi
no, hate is the dark side of love, just like the dark side of the force. it is easier to hate rather than love, just as it is easier to destroy rather than create, just as it is easier to attain dark powers rather than light.

RogueGambitdare
i don't think so, cause anakin's love for his son what got the emperor killed.

southtownbluz
Originally posted by Reborn Again
And the Dark Side was the stronger of the two.

No.

Quicker. Easier. More seductive.

Rogue Jedi
my point exactly. love is more powerful, because annie couldnt bear to see luke killed. love made annie hurl the emperor to his death.

DeVi| D0do
yes indeed... in the context of these films love is ultimately more powerful... I was just being an ass.

Think about this though: doesn't Obi Wan form a love for Anakin? Is he too not disobeying the Jedi order? He says "I will not kill Anakin... he's like my brother" and "I loved you!". And in the end is it not his love for Anakin that causes him to walk away not able to watch his 'brother' being burnt alive?

also, it may be because of his love for his Master, Qui Gon, that he destroys Darth Maul instead of just capturing him.

Rogue Jedi
as someone stated earlier, obi wan felt the will of the force would decide annie's fate.

DeVi| D0do
hmm... I like my idea better. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
wink

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Hate is more powerful than love.

I agree with you in the sense that hate provokes devastating actions. I think they are equally as powerfull to the human mind. They are the polar opposites of each other. Both can drive a person to devoting there entire lives to the emotion.

I do believe that love in most all instances is merely a chemical inbalance in the brain, or the need for compainionship. I also think that there are times when a spiratual connection can be made, but i doubt that it would be realized.

Darkside_lover
i dont think obi1 loves and treats anikin like his brother...if he did,then why did he let anikin die slowly?he should hav juz killed anikin while he was on the ground...

Obi-wan2005
HOW DO U GUYS GET PICS ON UR POSTS????

Obi-wan2005
oh yeah but he couldnt stand too watch him die

DeVi| D0do
Even though Obi Wan may have feelings for Anakin, they are not even close to how Anakin feels for Padme or his mother... or anyone for that matter...

as is shown when Anakin wants to go and help the clonetroopers but Obi Wan says "No, they're doing their job so that we can do ours."

Rogue Jedi
whats that got to do with annies love for padme?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.