Who do you think is the SMARTEST/WISEST Jedi/Sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth L. Dipsit
This is actually a pretty serious thread, to compensate for the $h1+ one I wrote before. Smartest Sith. Smartest Jedi. Then the smartest between them both. Before posting, though, consider this: though Sidious took over the Republic, Yoda and Ben were smart enough take him down (with Skywalker). Then again Revan did nothing but learn and Windu was a prodigy intellectually. But, it's really up to you. Who is the SMARTEST and who is the WISEST from both sides?

Darth Trinew
Smartest Sith Palpatine
Smartest Jedi Yoda

Bobafetty
same here

Darth_Janus
Smartest Jedi was obviously Mace Windu. He's a genius of sorts in Shatterpoint and is the first one to pick up on Sidious's treachery AND his fighting style.

Smartest Sith goes to Revan. Sorry, Sids, but you may have conquered the Republic, you never won the war. Revan forged the largest armies of dark Jedi warriors in SW history, masterminded the utter defeat of the Mandalorians, annihilated the Jedi through his acts that culminated in the Jedi Civil War, and then manipulated his own mentor into having the Exile defeat Nihilus. Also, while Sidious' knowledge of the dark side was considerable, he did not know how to contain it enough to preserve his body. Not the case with Rev.

Fishy
Smartest Jedi: I'm not quite sure, Either or Obi, Mace, or Yoda... I'm going with Yoda though i like him most smile

Smartest Sith: Like Janus said, Revan... Nobody else has done what that guy has done... He was brilliant

Darth_Nefarus
Smartest Jedi? Luke Skywalker. If he had turned to the darkside, all would have been lost.
Smartest Sith? Darth Sidious. Oh look, it's the being chosen by destiny to kill me and his lightsaber is drawn, I'll manipulate his punk ass and do my bidding.

Darth_Nefarus
okay wait, i take that back, those two were my choices for wisdom, intelligence goes to
Sith: Revan, Janus explained it enough
Jedi: Obi-Wan, he's got skills

Darth_Janus
Obi-Wan is damn smart, but the things Mace does are kinda insanely intuitive, which is why I elected him smartest Jedi. Wisest Jedi would no doubt be Yoda or Vandar, simply because of age.

As for wisest Sith, Kreia would get my vote.

Bobafetty
Again, Palpatine gets my vote for sith.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Obi-Wan is damn smart, but the things Mace does are kinda insanely intuitive, which is why I elected him smartest Jedi. Wisest Jedi would no doubt be Yoda or Vandar, simply because of age.

As for wisest Sith, Kreia would get my vote.

The Mace sidious thing is not really a factor in this you know, Mace did not discover that

Darth_Janus
I wasn't totally refering to that. Read Shatterpoint, man. Mace is one smart SOB. He figures stuff out all fast like through a really really simply logical process...

Fishy
Lol smile

Darth Revan33
Combining both smarts and wisdom, I would say Yoda for Jedi and Revan for Sith. Reasons have already been explained above.

Darth Mantis
Yoda and Mace...

Darth_Glentract
Yoda(Qui-gon is pretty freakin smart though, he rediscovered things that even Yoda didn't know)
Sidious(actually took over the galaxy)

Darth Mantis
Yeah Qui-gon... I miss him...

Wanderer259
Smartest Jedi: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Wisest Jedi: Yoda

Smartest Sith: Darth Revan
Wisest Sith: Kreia

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Yoda(Qui-gon is pretty freakin smart though, he rediscovered things that even Yoda didn't know)
Sidious(actually took over the galaxy)

Well Yoda couldn't have discovered that, still being alive and all

Naga Sadow
Smartest:
Jedi: Mace
Sith: Revan

Wisest
Jedi: Yoda
Sith: Ajunta Pall (Come on guys, havent any of u played kotor and talked to him? The guys is pretty much wiser then Yoda

Kun-ni Habeo
i agree witn wanderer259 100%

Darth Revan33
Originally posted by Naga Sadow
Smartest:
Jedi: Mace
Sith: Revan

Wisest
Jedi: Yoda
Sith: Ajunta Pall (Come on guys, havent any of u played kotor and talked to him? The guys is pretty much wiser then Yoda

Ajunta can barely remember his name. I think both Revan and Kreia beat him.

snehin
Originally posted by Darth Trinew
Smartest Sith Palpatine
Smartest Jedi Yoda
same here

Lord Slaughter
Revan- smartest and wisest Sith/Jedi

Darth_Glentract
Yoda is pretty smart.

Obi-wan2005
hahahaha...yoda/sid...they have been around longest....

Naga Sadow
Originally posted by Darth Revan33
Ajunta can barely remember his name. I think both Revan and Kreia beat him.

Id like to see you remeber how to breathe after 1000 years as a ghost...But he was the only sith lord to realise the mistakes of the sith.

Fishy
Id like to see you remeber how to breathe after 1000 years as a ghost...But he was the only sith lord to realise the mistakes of the sith.

And is that a strength or a weakness?

The sith are only wrong from a certain point of view his changed, his conviction to either side wasn't strong enough. He may have been really smart to realise that the Sith could never survive, but thats not what the Sith are about.

kotor12341@yaho
wisest sith revan
i have no idea who would be the wisest jedi

Bobafetty
Revan isn't the wisest, yet he is wise. Sidious is the wisest, the hole saga revolves around his huge plan.

Darth L. Dipsit
Good point.

Fishy
Bad point, that hardly makes him the wisest... That makes him a briliant politician... Nothing more, did he have the knowledge of the force Revan did? No he did not, he may have been a brilliant politician but thats all, his knowledge was lacking in other area's. I would hardly call him the wisest

Board Walker
Revan is by the far the wisest and most understanding of all starwars characters, he is the only character to have ever balance both the light and dark simultaneously.

Angelalex242
Sidious for the Sith, by a landslide.

For the Jedi, I'm torn between Yoda's conventional 900 years of wisdom, and GM Luke's more compassionate, forward thinking wisdom. Both are wise, but in different ways.

Q99
Sidious? The guy who thought torturing a dude's son to death in front of him was a good idea? He's *smart* but not necessarily *wise*.

Angelalex242
Well, nobody's perfect.

Still, even with that, Sidious was foresighted enough to have a contingency plan with a boatload of clones on Byss. Sometimes, even a guy like Sidious has to learn wisdom the extremely hard way.

Stigma
Wow, Revan wank back then was STRONG...

Originally posted by Angelalex242
Sidious for the Sith, by a landslide.

For the Jedi, I'm torn between Yoda's conventional 900 years of wisdom, and GM Luke's more compassionate, forward thinking wisdom. Both are wise, but in different ways.
thumb up

Also, OT Yoda FTW.

Revanchiste
Yhea Revan is Tzeench incarned.
Ajunta Pall is also an idiot, when you meet his ghost... Remember what Kreia say about him when you have one point of influence on her....

Revanchiste

Nope Traya too....

Angelalex242
Yoda's track record is very VERY good. His biggest error was trying to tell Anakin 'miss them do not, mourn them do not.' The textbook answer that might've been, but it was completely the wrong thing to tell Anakin. Then again, that's just Yoda rolling a 1 on his Sense Motive then a pattern of bad calls.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Smartest Jedi is obviously Kenobi... Wisest Yoda

carthage
Definitely not Vitiate.

What kind of retard goes for a peace treaty when you control half the galaxy, take over your opponents capital planet, and lets his minions run amok?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Angelalex242
His biggest error was trying to tell Anakin 'miss them do not, mourn them do not.'

Nah, telling him to Let Go was Great advice. It's not his fault Anakin was too selfish to listen.

Stigma
Originally posted by carthage
Definitely not Vitiate.

What kind of retard goes for a peace treaty when you control half the galaxy, take over your opponents capital planet, and lets his minions run amok?
Good point.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Smartest Jedi is obviously Kenobi...

How's that obvious?

Angelalex242
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Nah, telling him to Let Go was Great advice. It's not his fault Anakin was too selfish to listen.

He carried it too far. Every human in existence I've ever met grieves the loss of loved ones. Attachment is too human a thing for any of them to simply ignore.

Imagine your typical grief counselor or marriage counselor trying to repeat what Yoda said to a client and you begin to see the problem.

I believe in the same situation, GM Luke would actually have better, wiser advice...because he married and is a widower. Yoda never did. 900 years of life experience helps less when you've trained yourself not to feel certain things.

Ace Hambone
Yoda and Ben are both smart and wise, but if Luke followed their instructions, he would not have redeemed Vader and defeated Sidious. So Luke was definitely wiser, though I can't say smarter because he could be pretty dumb-ass sometimes.

I would place Qui Gonn equal to Luke for wisdom. He saved the day for the Jedi; He was right about Anakin and he figured out the force ghost thing. As for smarts, he didn't seem to have the scheming, political-maneuvering kind - or maybe he just wasn't interested (or too wise to get involved?) so we'll never know.

Smartest Jedi? idk

Smartest Sith. Didn't Plageius teach Sidious everything he knew, while he himself was self-taught? And wasn't the plan that put Sidious into power Plagueis'? And he revolutionized the scientific understanding of the Force. So I go with him for smartest. Sidious was more ruthless.

Wise Sith? No idea.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
How's that obvious?
Don't know if he is the smartest but the more civilised for sure XD.

Plagueis the wise. This is in the title. Traya Is also an honorable mention in a top 1...

I love Darth Revan..Revan have one master plan modfiedwith the needed and obstacle alway evolving with the time...

He is like tzeench ! (If you know who Tzeench is in warhammer 40 000....)

Originally posted by carthage
Definitely not Vitiate.

And he is mad.. Al the great genious and great tactical decision attribute to him was in fact suggestion from the commandement...

Actualy Revan take a point here... Imaging tricking hilter to not begin the world war 2?

Emperordmb
Luke is definitely wiser than Yoda IMO.

Revanchiste
In thise case Jedi Revan reborn is also wiser....
(According to the Revanittes..)

Q99
I do gotta go for Luke in wisdom too. Not only did he gain much experience, but he took in other points of view and learned from them.

Originally posted by Ace Hambone

Smartest Sith. Didn't Plageius teach Sidious everything he knew, while he himself was self-taught? And wasn't the plan that put Sidious into power Plagueis'? And he revolutionized the scientific understanding of the Force. So I go with him for smartest. Sidious was more ruthless.

His own teacher sounded pretty smart, but yea, Plageius had major science and force brains, very cerebral.

Aside from the minion troubles, there is the issue that the Sith were reaching the end of their logistics, and had some big long-term plans like Mehkis's superweapon project.

---

Frankly, though, being Sith implies a certain lack of wisdom. There's an innate hubris there.

Revanchiste
I do gotta go for Luke in wisdom too. Not only did he gain much experience, but he took in other points of view and learned from them.

Aren Kae if you count her as a Jedi and not an infiltrator, do the same.. And that's what she teach to Revan...

His own teacher sounded pretty smart, but yea, Plageius had major science and force brains, very cerebral.

Because he is a Muun !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.