Boga sound in ANH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SixOfTwelve
I just had a happy little geek moment rewatching ANH: If I'm not very much mistaken, the noise Obi-Wan makes to scare away the sandpeople is the same whoop/whistle Boga keeps making in ROTS.
Can anyone confirm this, or am I hearing things?

Lazerlike42
hmmm I'll check it out!

LightSaber_Part
In ANH Obi-Wan is mimicking a krayt dragon, so thats why the sand people runaway

cal31
Actually, I do remember hearing that they changed it to a Boga sound for the DVDs, before I even knew what a Boga was.

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by LightSaber_Part
In ANH Obi-Wan is mimicking a krayt dragon, so thats why the sand people runaway

I know that's how it is stated in the novelization, but it's never said in the movie. I wasn't a big fan of the change when I first got the DVDs, but now after ROTS, I think it's kinda neat...

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by SixOfTwelve
I know that's how it is stated in the novelization, but it's never said in the movie. I wasn't a big fan of the change when I first got the DVDs, but now after ROTS, I think it's kinda neat...

ohhh, so they changed it on the DVDs?? I never noticed it

The Biker Scout
Just checked it...Its BOGA

HateWork
wow, i didn't even notice that. very cool though!

koolruningz
I noticed it was different in the dvd's and didnt like it. I guess Lucas knew what he was doing after all. I just thought the original sound was more intimidating, but this is a nice link to the PT and OT.

jackstain
it's krayt dragon.

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by jackstain
it's krayt dragon.

read the posts....

jackstain
i did....

Lazerlike42
then you'd see that it's not the dragon...

jackstain
oh but it is.

Lazerlike42
you just like to argue don't you

bilb
All I know is that sound was damn annoying!! I was really looking forward to Boga & turns out she moves horribly and that squeal.. errrrrr

falcon

sith_darth_jay
i did like boga, but havn't notice the sound on ANH

Anakin_20
Well The boga sound is in the DVD version of ANH...so ur probably watching a different version of ANH. And I love BOGA. It was sad to see her fall with Obi wan when the clones fired on them. sad

Sans_Fi
The sound of the Slave I on the DVDs was changed too to fit with EP2

Anakin2Vader
Originally posted by bilb
All I know is that sound was damn annoying!! I was really looking forward to Boga & turns out she moves horribly and that squeal.. errrrrr

I really liked the Boga ang thought they did a great job with the CGI... but you are right that sound was terribly annoying.... and it just wouldnt shut up.. it was squealing the entire time it was on screen

JKozzy
Boga sound... I knew the ANH one changed, didn't actually think it was THE Boga. Good planning for continuality, I guess. Boga could've been improved I think in the movie... but eh, can't have your cake and eat it. Whatever that means.

EHmasterJedi
I also thought that Boga looked awsume but was quite annouying to listen to.

lucasfilm
i loved the sound that it made. and although both the boga, and the sound obi wan makes are both a kind of "whoooooop" sound... i dont think its the same "call" or same animal noise or whatever.... cause, why would that scare the sand people? do they know of utapau and how there are bogas? do they travel all over the galaxy? and why would they ybe scared anyway of that? if it was in fact a boga scream...

tlbauerle
Hmmm...this could be a good call. Congrats if it is!

Darth Jayno
Thank you

I noticed straight away in the cinema but then i remembered from the novals that the sound was that of a kryt dragon (the skeleton we see in the background on tatooine in ANH?)

I never noticed the change on the DVD at the time though! cool!

SixOfTwelve
Sorry, everyone...

I just did a direct comparison of the Boga sound from Episode 3 and the Kenobi call from Episode 4, and, at least to my ear, they don't sound similar enough to support my earlier theory.
Ah well, back to being annoyed about the DVD change... sad

But judge for yourself:
(you'll have to save the files and rename them to .mp3, since the hosting site doesn't allow mp3 files)

ROTS: Bonafide Boga
http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Host/Files/boga.txt

ANH: Bogus Boga
http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Host/Files/notboga.txt

DenKi
Wow, they are the same

SixOfTwelve
Well, similar, but not really the same. And not similar enough for my ears...
But I'm reserving final judgment until I hear an official statement by Lucas or Ben Burtt about it.

Jedi Priestess
Bogus Boga thats funny! laughing out loud

ApolloX
That thing was so annoying.

Jedi Priestess
Oh I loved Boga! cry

Darth Jayno
has anyone got an mp3 of the original kryt dragon call? he must of changed it for a reason..

SixOfTwelve
I'll try putting up the pre-Special Edition sound later tonight...

Obi-wan2005
boga was big, alive, and fast wat more do you want?

Darth Jayno
any luck with that mp3 yet twelveofsix?

SixOfTwelve
Sorry, almost forgot.

Anyway, here they all are again, no saving and renaming required this time.

2005 ROTS: Boga
http://home.ripway.com/2005-5/312463/boga.mp3

2004 ANH: The call formerly thought of as Boga
http://home.ripway.com/2005-5/312463/notboga.mp3

1977 ANH original Krayt Dragon call
http://home.ripway.com/2005-5/312463/anhkrayt.mp3

astrofan428
I still think it is boga, what other reason would they change it. Bur it is up for debate as is most crap in SW. stick out tongue

Darth Jayno
Nice one sixoftwelve. I never realised they had changed that part until now. Did the change take place on the original special edition or the DVD version? It has to be boga.

jango fatt
it's the sound of a Krayt dragon

Ritalbringer
Similar yeah...

Oh and damnit, I really LOVED the Boga, very nice idea Happy Dance

Darth Jayno
Would the sand people be scared of a boga? it seemed a bit too friendly.

lincoln86323
its sounds like a boga, i think someone posted that why else would they change it. its probably a variation of the ep3 boga

jerlark386
boga and the sand people are'nt even on the same planet. i dont see the relation

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Darth Jayno
Would the sand people be scared of a boga? it seemed a bit too friendly.

Yes. A little TOO friendly.

smoker4
Originally posted by jerlark386
boga and the sand people are'nt even on the same planet. i dont see the relation

Obi-wan perhaps laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.