About the hobbit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElvesRule24/7
If the "Hobbit" is made, would Saurman be in it??? and would he be a good guy??? that would be sweet to see.

mors823
Don't think so. If he was, he'd probaly be good, but still have a small desire for the ring. If they did put Saurman in, they'll needa new actor. Chris Lee loks too evil. Hard to see him as good.

shadowy_blue
We could see him, yes..even though it wasn't in the book. But if the filmmakers really want to show Saruman in "The Hobbit", I suppose they can. We could have the first glimpse of the White Council with Saruman, Gandalf, Elrond, Galadriel, and Celeborn deciding what to do about Sauron who is trying to regroup in Dol Guldur. We could see Saruman as a good guy to some extent, but we could also see the beginning of his treachery.
Then Gandalf's reasoning to help the Dwarves get their treasures back is that so they could defeat Smaug as early as possible before Sauron even solicits his help (just like the Balrog in Moria as hinted in the appendices)

Smodden
oooohh.....never even considered the idea of saruman being in the movie...if they show the white council that would be good but dosn't it get away from the overall story of the hobbit?...i would still like to see it..and maybee they could expand on it like they did with arwen's character...*shrugs*

shadowy_blue
I don't think it will be too far from the events in "The Hobbit". The gathering of the White Council during "The Hobbit" took place "behind the scenes" per se. It happened after Gandalf takes his leave of the group just before they enter the forest. I don't think it will be too far-fetched.

ElvesRule24/7
cool thanks all

Smodden
can't wait for hobit movie...thanx for info s-b...
now that i think of it ...it dosn't seem to far fetched...maybee we can see saurons lair in mirkwood..!

Fëanor
and, and mebbe we'll even see good ol' Legolas in a cameo role...where he glares at Gimli's father...

shadowy_blue
Yeah..if they really want to make a lot of references to LOTR, they could insert Legolas in there even though it's not in the book..but it wouldn't be too far-fetched too since they are in Mirkwood and the one who held them captive is his father. We could see him even just for 5 seconds or something. It could also explain the bitterness between Gimli and Legolas in the Council. Not that I'm asking though. Just a possibility.

They could also insert Aragorn and Arwen since they will be going to Imladris. There are lots of possibilities if they just really want to.

Or...or...Bilbo's cousin in-law, Primula Brandybuck, will give birth to a boy..and then a Hobbit will say.."You know? Frodo is a nice name."..yeah..kinda stretched and far-fetched..and then again...Frodo should be born when Bilbo is already 78..and we all know that "The Hobbit" events happened when he was 50..so..nevermind...it will be cool though. stick out tongue

Kitoky
Maybe they won't do the council with the Hobbit since the council was so difficult to do in FotR, maybe they'll just make reference and flashbacks to it...so Saruman wouldn't need to be in it.

shadowy_blue
I'm kinda thinking too. If ever they wanted to put Saruman in it, would Christopher Lee want to? I mean, I thought he had some grudge when his scenes in ROTK were cut out. I want Chris Lee to be Saruman. No one else should play him. sad

Smodden
NOONE else but saruman can play saruman!!!

same for gandalf...

*wants to see counsil*sad

adz23
PETER JACKSON (THE DIRECTOR OF LOTR) SHOULD ALREADY BE MAKING THE HOBBIT BUT HE DOES NOT HAVE RITES TO THE BOOK.

J.R.R TOLKIENS GREAT GRANDSON HAS THE RITES BUT WILLNOT LET PETER JACKSON MAKE IT A FILM.

doomed1991
u are so right adz23 but peter jackson is a very very fat evil face

doomed1991
only jokin angel

shadowy_blue
ummm..no. Chris Tolkien doesn't have anything to do with why they can't film The Hobbit yet. It has some legal problems between New Line and MGM..New Line has the rights to make the film, but MGM has the rights to distribute it.

Smodden
arghhh...pj should have got the rights to all 4 movies a long time ago before LOTR was so popular...mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.