american idiot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

camarossryder88
American Idiot is f\/(king gay. that was the worst song the ever played. I agree with the other guy, their old shit is way better.

drunk_nazgul
I like it. ha. stick out tongue They were brave to do that. I like the way everyone hates it. Makes me laugh.

Morning_Glory
yea i hate that American Idiot song.. I would never buy that CD.. even though I dont mind green day

tabby999
god, some people will hate anything just because its popular

MildPossession
I enjoy their album American Idiot, got some good stuff on it. Love the drums in the AI song.

Moosooman
Only ever like one song fromg reenday thats time of your life. smile

not all this cheesy new pops tuff though messed

Solo
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=310238

Alpha Centauri
It doesn't make you cool to go against popularity. It just makes you a fool if you follow it blindly.

-AC

mr.smiley
yeah.
Most green day fans hate the new album because,imo,they've come full circle.Everyone understands it now.

Solo
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It doesn't make you cool to go against popularity. It just makes you a fool if you follow it blindly.

Word.

eggmayo
I have to say the riff is pretty catchy, it does pop right into my head whenever anyone mentions the song. Maybe it will influence a new generation of people to learn guitar, which in my view, is never a bad thing.

Darth Revan
I like the album, though that song is definitely the weakest on the album... However, right now I prefer it to "Holiday" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" because of the painful amount of radio play those two got.

StinkFist462
i like a few songs off American Idiot ... Holiday , Blvd. , and AI ... arent the ones i like . in fact those 3 songs make me want to break the cd in 72 pieces.

tabby999
i never listen to the radio, so i can listen to them all without problem. something tells me that camarossryder88 and half the people who say they hate the song would be singing its praise and acting like snoby c*nts of the song hadn't taken off and re introduced Greenday to the public

alic88
i dont like the song1bit, there is nothing good about it. BOBD is a very good song though

Deathblow
I don't like the album for reasons I've expressed before, and it has nothing to do with it's popularity. The song is technically good, it's catchy and the drumming is very good, but it doesn't grab me.

Benjio
I find it jus plain boring to be perfectly honest.
And now people are like it rocks, but its still boring, how does it rock, its not even good.

Darth Revan
Might help if you give a reason why it doesn't rock. Clever, there, trying to make us think it sucks by saying "its not even good".

Elladora
I have to agree that anything by Green Day is gay. SOmething about them just screams at me that their aweful. . .like something's wrong and you don't know what. *shrugs* just my opinion.

Lana
I like their American Idiot album okay. Certainly not their best, they're older stuff IS much better, but AI doesn't suck. Just that a lot of the songs didn't catch me like most of their older music did, and they overplay it on the radio. Everytime I get in the car I hear Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Don't get me wrong, I DO love that song, but it's gotten very tiresome to hear it 3 times a day.

Benjio
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Might help if you give a reason why it doesn't rock. Clever, there, trying to make us think it sucks by saying "its not even good".
Might help if you weren't so gay. It doesn't rock because its BORING you f**k, read what the f**k I wrote first.

Lana
I think he meant, why do you find it boring. Simply saying that isn't a reason itself.

And cut the bashing.

Benjio
Well I would if people would cut their bashing.

Its boring cause the riff is boring and repetitive, the drums sound gay and the lyrics just aren't even shocking or rebellious like all these losers think they are.

Its just such a stereotype song, its nothing special

Lana
This thread is about the whole album, for one thing, not just the song....

And no one bashed you, yet you came back with insults.

eggmayo
Most riffs are repetitive, look at a random sample of ten rock songs, and see how many are just the same riff, maybe slightly changed, over and over again.

How can drums sound gay? Do they have a camp tone perhaps?

And also, what is shocking?
Just go there, what can be considering shocking, or taboo nowadays in the world of music. Some people say Marilyn Manson's music is shocking, I say its making a point. In this de-sensitized age, nothing is shocking.

tabby999
Originally posted by Benjio

Its boring cause the riff is boring and repetitive, the drums sound gay and the lyrics just aren't even shocking or rebellious like all these losers think they are.

well done, the drums are "gay." you should be a reveiwer or something with that kind of genius discription. and as said before, they wern't trying to be amazingly shocking with their lyrics, or all that rebelious. and how is it a "stereotype" (i'm sure you ment steretypical) song? nothing you say has a logical argument behind it.

moonwalker741
Originally posted by eggmayo
I have to say the riff is pretty catchy, it does pop right into my head whenever anyone mentions the song. Maybe it will influence a new generation of people to learn guitar, which in my view, is never a bad thing.

I agree, that is very true.

I'm a Green Day fan myself and i respect the people who said they didnt like Green Day but atleast was mature about what the said, and backed up there reason. But i still like the album, its a rock-opera which makes it really interesting. Its good to listen to the whole album through first before you judge the actual cd. But if you dont like the singles thats ok, cause sometimes it gets replayed over and over and over on the radio or MTV, which gets annoying and redundant.

Darth Revan

Ahahaha...

You said:
"I find it jus plain boring to be perfectly honest.
And now people are like it rocks, but its still boring, how does it rock, its not even good."

I came back with:
"Might help if you give a reason why it doesn't rock. Clever, there, trying to make us think it sucks by saying 'its not even good'."

And you responded:
"Might help if you weren't so gay. It doesn't rock because its BORING you f**k, read what the f**k I wrote first." (you rebel you)

Now, hmm, what's more insulting, a slightly sarcastic, yet justified comment, or "your gay you dumb ****"? I wonder. Me, bashing? Never.

In any case, all I meant was that saying something is gay, or even boring, doesn't count as giving reasoning for why you don't like it. It might help if you said WHY it's boring (you ****). And no, "the drums are gay" doesn't count as reasoning for it being boring, either.

Ou Be Low hoo
I'm so down with American Idiot that I'm pratically lying on my back looking at the birds swooping in and out of the clouds...

Libertine
This thread has just bored the f*ck out of me. How many times can people ***** about the same thing over and over again!?

Benjio
Why do I even bother with KMC its full of twats

The guy who posted the first post, who told him to specify shit, no-one, now I come and your all having a ****ing go, **** off.

Benjio
Originally posted by camarossryder88
American Idiot is f\/(king gay. that was the worst song the ever played. I agree with the other guy, their old shit is way better. Heres my proof, who's complained about that
I'm a Green Day fan anyways, I've seen them live twice first time was good, second time sucked completely (probably coz I've seen them before) WHy don't you all go out and play your guitars instead of come on this shit and rip the piss, **** off. I'm goin on my bass, goodbye forever

MildPossession
Bye.

tabby999
thank god, one less **** who talks shit

Benjio
Originally posted by tabby999
thank god, one less **** who talks shit
And thats not bashing

What do you think of American Idiot Darth Revan, coz you never even gave your opinion?

Myth
laughing

Makes me laugh when people claim they are leaving but come back less than 24 hours later.

SnakeEyes
I have been a fan of Green Day for a while now (before American Idiot came out) and I know that American Idiot is not their best album, but I would not say it sucks. I mean, just because something is not the "best" does that automatically make it horrible? Of course not. I do agree with many of the members here who are getting really tired of hearing certain songs on MTV and the radio over and over again. I just listen to the ones that they don't play on the radio instead of judging the entire album by one song that gets overplayed...

tabby999
Originally posted by Myth
laughing

Makes me laugh when people claim they are leaving but come back less than 24 hours later.

yeah, they are a special lot arn't they. if they didn't come back to see if their little semi literate hissy fit got any attention they wouldn't see people who are happy to see them gone

Tptmanno1
Frankly, I don't like this album.
Half of it is the concept, All of a sudden Green Day's Politicly active! OMFG!!!!1111one!
They were jumping on the "We hate Bush" bandwagon. Make no mistake, I'm no Bush-lover, and I AM a big fan of political music, but I like it to be more reasoned and subtle.
I'm also not into "Catchy" Power chords and what I call Blink 182 bass beats (8th notes on the Chord roots) don't do it for me. I like complexity, in the lyrics and in the music.

The music of rebellion
Makes you wanna rage
But it's made by millionaires
Who are nearly twice your age

Darth Revan
And thats not bashing

What do you think of American Idiot Darth Revan, coz you never even gave your opinion?

There's this thing, called reading the whole thread... yes

Tpt> I partially agree, though I think Green Day do a much better job with politics than some other groups. Honestly I don't know why people think AI isn't subtle, it's much more subtle, than say, Rage. Rage are more intellectual in their approach, but pretty much all their lyrics are a direct assault on something. AI, on the other hand, is a story about a number of characters that hardly even mentions (directly at least) current political events. It's more about the effect of government on society than about the government itself. And, through all the bandwagon-jumping, I do somehow get the impression that Green Day are one of the few bands that actually care.

Benjio
yeah, they are a special lot arn't they. if they didn't come back to see if their little semi literate hissy fit got any attention they wouldn't see people who are happy to see them gone
No-one is telling this son of a ***** about bashing

I really jus wanted to see how much of twats you'd be about it to be honest, the answer is pretty big twats.

I don't see why sad sad people who come on forums hate everyone that is new. I just made a ****ing opinion like every other ****er, but I get the piss ripped out of my by some twats who hasnt even said what he thinks yet. What I want to know is why? Why do you all have to be such wankers? Is it because you have nothing better to do? Post an opinion, share opnions, dont be a complete and utter wankshaft and tell people "you cant use the ****ing forum right you noob" just because you come on 24:7 and wank over star wars.

eggmayo
This isnt bashing.
Bashing is when it applies to one person, perhaps if he had named you above then it would be bashing. This is purely a view of some people.

Darth Revan
No-one is telling this son of a ***** about bashing

I really jus wanted to see how much of twats you'd be about it to be honest, the answer is pretty big twats.

I don't see why sad sad people who come on forums hate everyone that is new. I just made a ****ing opinion like every other ****er, but I get the piss ripped out of my by some twats who hasnt even said what he thinks yet. What I want to know is why? Why do you all have to be such wankers? Is it because you have nothing better to do? Post an opinion, share opnions, dont be a complete and utter wankshaft and tell people "you cant use the ****ing forum right you noob" just because you come on 24:7 and wank over star wars.

*sigh* I DID, as a I JUST said, post my opinion already.

tabby999
while i think they were referring to me, your right. some people are just to stupid to read back in the thread and find what they want;

i never listen to the radio, so i can listen to them all without problem. something tells me that camarossryder88 and half the people who say they hate the song would be singing its praise and acting like snoby c*nts of the song hadn't taken off and re introduced Greenday to the public

Elanor
i dont like when ppl say that "oh i dont like the song AI so i wont listen to the album either", coz they will miss songs like for example jesus of suburbia, homecoming and letterbomb that are much more original and mature and actually better than AI.

so, i agree that AI isnt their best song, though i still like it, its catchy as some of you said above, its energetic and its good in its own way but if one hears only this one song of theirs (and maybe BOBD) they can mislead themselves easily about what GD really is about. but of course, this is just an opinion, too, one can agree, one can disagree wink

Myth
I'm seeing a lot of bashing by one person in particular. *awaits somebody with authority on this board*

Benjio
while i think they were referring to me, your right. some people are just to stupid to read back in the thread and find what they want;
No I was refering to Revan actually. He jus came in and his first post was a bash at me, nice one mate

Benjio
Originally posted by Elanor
i dont like when ppl say that "oh i dont like the song AI so i wont listen to the album either", coz they will miss songs like for example jesus of suburbia, homecoming and letterbomb that are much more original and mature and actually better than AI.

so, i agree that AI isnt their best song, though i still like it, its catchy as some of you said above, its energetic and its good in its own way but if one hears only this one song of theirs (and maybe BOBD) they can mislead themselves easily about what GD really is about. but of course, this is just an opinion, too, one can agree, one can disagree wink

..........I have the album, I like Letterbomb, and I like Holiday

Lana
No I was refering to Revan actually. He jus came in and his first post was a bash at me, nice one mate

Revan's post that was directed at you, which read "Might help if you give a reason why it doesn't rock. Clever, there, trying to make us think it sucks by saying "its not even good"." is NOT in any way bashing. Your response, however, WAS bashing him. Get over it.

Darth Revan
I <3 Lana. big grin

Lana
I <3 you too, Nivek big grin

Elanor
..........I have the album, I like Letterbomb, and I like Holiday

thats cool wink

i didnt refer to you anyway, or anybody else in particular, i referred to the ppl who say they wont listen to the album coz they dont like AI in general

Benjio
Originally posted by Lana
Revan's post that was directed at you, which read "Might help if you give a reason why it doesn't rock. Clever, there, trying to make us think it sucks by saying "its not even good"." is NOT in any way bashing. Your response, however, WAS bashing him. Get over it.

Well, I thought this was jus a community where people can give their opinions without some guy come on after you and tell you your opinion is a piece of shit, and you cant use a forum properly. I don't think thats cool. He coulda jus given what he thought of the song like everyone else.

What I object to most is, why me? Loads of other people have given reasons that aren't unjustified. and 'Its not even good' is an opinion also, where I'm from it is anyway, its a phrase.

eggmayo
I think everyone is going for 'why isnt it good?'

Benjio
Yeah, and I said I THOUGHT (my opinion) it was boring, and the drums sound too happy go lucky to be serious, and it just gets old, similar to what everyone else said, yet I still got the piss ripped

Lana
Well, I thought this was jus a community where people can give their opinions without some guy come on after you and tell you your opinion is a piece of shit, and you cant use a forum properly. I don't think thats cool. He coulda jus given what he thought of the song like everyone else.

What I object to most is, why me? Loads of other people have given reasons that aren't unjustified. and 'Its not even good' is an opinion also, where I'm from it is anyway, its a phrase.

If you read the entire thread, you'd have noticed that before you posted he had already given his opinion. And he was in no way saying that your opinion was shit, only that you should put a little more thought into it and explain WHY you thought it was boring.

periera
Good lord, this thread is like being back in high school again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

With that said...I personally like the new Green Day cd. I know concept albums have been done before, but I think it's cool that Green Day was the band that did one most recently. While I can't explain in great depth why I like it or dislike it, I can offer up this one reason that's good enough for me: it sounds good. Sure, songs like the title track, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams have been played out to death, but there are gems on the cd that far surpass those in their quality, IMO.

And at the risk of sounding like everyone else on this board, their older stuff *is* better (and by older I mean waaayy older, like "39 Smooth" or "Kerplunk!" those are always gonna be my favs) but AI makes for a nice change. I think it's great.

Benjio
I am in ****ing high school messed

tabby999
well i'd never have guessed

Myth
High School was fun. But then again we didn't argue about stupid things like this. Hell, my group was always bitching at each other for political things. big grin

periera
I am in ****ing high school messed

Wow, that sucks for you.

Tptmanno1
I dunno DR, I just have to say, I enjoy Rage's approach alot more. I mean even though I've heard it 100 times, I still manage to go, "Holy shit, THATS what they mean..." after a certian line (can't think of an example) And Still have trouble meaning if Calm like a bomb is supposed to be ironic, or that they get pused to a certian point then explode, calm before, then explosive and cause alot of damage.
I feel you just can't get that with Green Day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.