GG fans got what they deserved

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
You know all of this complaining about "I was disapointed in Grevious", you guys got what you deserved.

1. He was not a important charcter

2. You guys have only scene pics of him (most of which were not from the movie) in last couple of months.

You guys seriously hyped about an inaminate character you knew nothing about except what he looked like.

Cinemaddiction
Eh, we was more of a "Clone Wars" to "ROTS" tie-in anyway. Kind of disposable and overrated, just like Durge who lasted all of 2 or 3 episodes.

WindDancer
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
You know all of this complaining about "I was disapointed in Grevious", you guys got what you deserved.

2. You guys have only scene pics of him (most of which were not from the movie) in last couple of months.

You guys seriously hyped about an inaminate character you knew nothing about except what he looked like.

Exactly! Well put...yes

Fishy
Of course they did, he wasn't a Jedi when I heard about all he had done I was really pissed... Obi showed him though smile

OB1-adobe
I qoute JP

"overated bucket of bolts"

snehin

well i guess u hav a point but they still could hav made the fight a bit more interestin like anakin vs obi-one

snehin
maybe not as good as tht but a little better anyway

The Last Son
What are you guys talking about? I was soo looking forward to General Grevious. Come one Sith vs Jedi gets a little old. But here was this cool looking droid who faught with a light saber and could do all kinds of acrobatic moves and kill jedi. He was an interesting character. Maybe not important but cool non-the-less. I was dissapointed in him and if you saw the fighting he did in clone wars, it beats any yoda/sidious lightsaber fight.

DeVi| D0do
Obi Wan vs. GG duel was pathetic. All it was was lightsabers flashing across the screen. It was so unbelievable.

GG was uneeded. He should've been cut completely.

Captain REX
I still haven't seen the movie, I can't say anything.

The Last Son
You're full of it. Grevious had a key role in bringing about the empire. He was the General of the Seperatests who kidnapped Palpatine and killed a bunch of Jedi. He helped set things in motion. A much needed character who should have kicked more butt.

DeVi| D0do
Yeah true... but he didn't kick butt. He sucked. He was a pussy. So he should've gone.

He needed more backstory in the film... it just felt random. I don't like to have to watch a cartoon or read a book in order fro a character to make sense in a movie.

Captain REX
If Grievous had been in the previous prequels, we would probably had enjoyed him more.

kremzike
I never, ever had any excitement for GG. I was bewildered by some people's excitement for him when he had yet to do ANYTHING but appear in still pictures. I am not mad about him being in Ep3, i enjoyed him as much as one could from the little bit he did in the film, but he could totally have not been in it (or anything) and it wouldn't even matter.

Captain REX
Eh, same.

He just needed more background, more things to make him more believable. Even though it is a galaxy far far away, he still needs to be somewhat realistic...

Plus, if you had watched Clone Wars, you were expecting him to be slaughtering Jedi by the handful, climbing walls, being the scariest possible thing ever. Instead, nope!

The Last Son
Kemzike you would have liked him more if you watched Clone Wars. He had the sickest moves and was almost invincable. True the movie didn't due him much justice. I don't know why. He is a much better character than portrayed.

Batman316
Originally posted by The Last Son
Kemzike you would have liked him more if you watched Clone Wars. He had the sickest moves and was almost invincable. True the movie didn't due him much justice. I don't know why. He is a much better character than portrayed.

hmm..... this is the same clone wars that has Yoda taking on armies of droids single handed? Mace basically able to fly?

IT'S A CARTOON!!!!!!!!

If you expected GG to be just like in the Clone Wars then the whole Order 66 would have failed and the Jedi would have annilated them.

let me just point this out again,

Clone Wars = CARTOON

kremzike
Originally posted by The Last Son

I did watch it. HA HAAA! Still don't like him. of course, I don't like Clone Wars all that much anyway. And, to be honest, the movie is the prime source for Star Wars fact, so his portrayal in the movie is "more accurate" than the cartoon.

Mist

i dont see why people are disappointed with him...he was awesome...i loved his little spinning sabers and everything...very coolcool

Lazerlike42
he was cool yeah people just wanted him to be some huge character with central importance to the story.... I don't see why it's necessary Boba Fett managed to become ridiculously popular given a total of about 10 minutes of screen time over two movies so if someone likes Grievous what's the problem?

snehin
i say this is a simple argument gen.grevious isn't important as a charecter but the fight could hav been made better anyways i think we can all agree tht the fight was pathetic.

Fishy
Originally posted by snehin
i say this is a simple argument gen.grevious isn't important as a charecter but the fight could hav been made better anyways i think we can all agree tht the fight was pathetic.

I like the fight the way it is, GG does not have Jedi powers, why the hell would he be able to stand a chance against a Jedi? I still hate it that he did in the EU... But in movies the guy just sucks he's a general and maybe a nice fighter but he stands no chance against a Jedi. The fight was good enouh

snehin
Originally posted by Fishy
I like the fight the way it is, GG does not have Jedi powers, why the hell would he be able to stand a chance against a Jedi? I still hate it that he did in the EU... But in movies the guy just sucks he's a general and maybe a nice fighter but he stands no chance against a Jedi. The fight was good enouh
not my point it should hav been a better fight and it should have am in a different surcumstance

jango fatt
The whole point of Grievous is having Obi away from Coruscant while ani is being seduced

snehin
yeh wat i said is the envirment should hav gon in gen.grevious favor and obi should hav had to really work for his win

chilled monkey
Grievous was an important character actually. The Separatists needed a powerful military leader to show why they were such a threat, especially as droids are inferior to clones. Dooku is a politico so he doesn't count.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.