Hey, where was the answer to......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omegaman
Who Sifo Dias was really?? I had heard a comment from someone associated with the making of the movie..that we would be told who Sifo was and who killed him? Did I miss it?? Anybody got any help on this?

I know there is alot of speculation out there on who he was, but I am looking for fact not speculation.

DarkYoda
It wasn't revealed in the film and I am slightly disappointed by that. But in the Labyrinth of Evil novel (Episode III prequel novel) it is revealed that Count Dooku erased the files from the Jedi archives and killed Sifo-Dias before leaving the Jedi Order. Sifo-Dias did infact place an order (sounds kind of wrong doesn't it) for the clones. Palpatine and Dooku simply stole it for themselves and let the Jedi discover it years later.

And feel free to correct me if I made a blunder somewhere. This was my understanding on it. smile

jimmy986
i believe the answer was in Ep II. it doesnt actually specify who initially started the clones but it definately says that Dooku is responsible. i re watched it and obi-wan asks jango something about who found him and he said a man named Tyranus so if Dooku found the person they would be cloned he obviously was in on it from very early on.

AzOkIdD
Here's the truth... (DarkYoda had it almost right...)

Count Dooku killed of Jedi Master Sifo Dyas... that was his in his journey to the dark side... then like DarkYoda said... he erased trhe files from the Jedi Archive...

BUT!!!! then Darth Sidious ordered Count Dooku to impersonate Jedi Master Sifo Dyas and to order the clone army... Count Dooku ordered the army under Sifo Dyas' name...

DarkYoda
Originally posted by AzOkIdD
Here's the truth... (DarkYoda had it almost right...)

Count Dooku killed of Jedi Master Sifo Dyas... that was his in his journey to the dark side... then like DarkYoda said... he erased trhe files from the Jedi Archive...

BUT!!!! then Darth Sidious ordered Count Dooku to impersonate Jedi Master Sifo Dyas and to order the clone army... Count Dooku ordered the army under Sifo Dyas' name...

I need to go read that book Labyrinth of Evil. All I remember is reading some highlights from it that were posted online. I think you may be right. I just can't remember. confused

bILLYgOAT
I'd recommend a thread titled unresolved plot threads....or some such....
to cover this and other plot points that peeps have questions about

Sans_Fi
and this happens before or after the battle of Naboo? because there must be just 2 siths...

If Dooku turned to the dark side when he killed Sifo Dyas after the battle of Naboo... why isnt Sifo Dyas on the Jedi Council?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.