Sifo Diyas = Plagueis? If the shoe fits...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CobraKaiDojo
We all know that a deceased Jedi Master named Sifo Diyas who was "killed" some time around the Episode I era had placed an order for the Clone Troopers on behalf of "The Republic."

A Sith masquerading as a Jedi is possible especially since we know they can hide themselves well.

If Plageuis had the power to create life and presumably created Anakin (speculation, I know), perhaps this was kept a secret until years later, when his apprentice, (Sidious) finds out and was threatened by this (I mean, he essentially created his replacement) so he kills Plageuis/Diyas in his sleep, and takes up an apprentice of his own (Maul) and carries on what may have originally been Plageuis' plan to take over the Republic.

Six months to a year later, the events of Episode I take place. Maul is dead, and Palpatine is surprised to find his old Master's creation was found and will be trained in the Jedi arts. (Plapatine clearly showed interest in Anakin very early on. Why would that be?) Perhaps he figures he could utilize this power for himself. So he befriends him, supports him, meanwhile biding his time and waits to set him down the path we all know he goes.

Jedi Priestess
no NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOO
read the book Labyrinth of Evil that leads into ROTS. You find out exactly who SD is. And for future reference, please make use of the search option.

Soda
^^oooooooo, u got told off

CobraKaiDojo
Interesting, what did it say? Did you even have any intention of elaborating?

Oh and the search engine did not yield another thread whose topic asks this question. If it did, I wouldn't have made it. Perhaps you saw one post that referred to it some time ago, that's fine. No user should have to look for it. And no moderator would reasonably expect someone to do that either.

There's a thread stikied at top about Backseat Moderating. Please make use of it.

Jedi Priestess
How about making use of your time do go back a few pages instead of expecting all of us to do the work for you. YOu are NOT a new person which is mainly the reason you got the answer you did from. And for the record, telling you to use the serach function, doesnt fall under the backseat moderating criteria. It falls under the use your brain criteria.

moviejunkie23
theres nothing wrong with this thread, and i am one of the people that are of the mind that the books, even the books made about the movies, are not cannon. Its the authors spin, it isn't 100 percent lucas, and i am only concerned about what Lucas INTENDED.
I think this is a very interesting post!!! You are the most convincing of any theory like this in a long time. I have a question though?? Why woudn't Plageius have the female that carries his force baby in his custody in close quarters?
Best argument for the anikin is really not spawned by the force idea i have heard though.
Good post smile

DARTH DADDY
Oh she's back alright. Sarcastic as ever. yes

CobraKaiDojo
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
How about making use of your time do go back a few pages instead of expecting all of us to do the work for you.At what point did this happen?Thank you?So you are telling me to use the search engine when I am posting MY theory on the subject of which there is no existing thread is brain criteria. Okay then...

Stop throwing the topic off track. If you have something to add to it, then by all means, please do so. This is a discussion thread.

moviejunkie23
oh who cares cobra, just get back on topic, i am interested. if someone doesn't like it they can not participate. This is far better than most posts smile

((The_Anomaly))
ummm, interesting theory, but palpatine would have to had killed Plagueis before he started to train darth maul. and since maul was presumably trained from a young age it would make sifo-dyas being Plagueis impossible, because of the sith rule of 2. and since it was stated that dyas was killed at around the ebents of TPM he could not have been Plagueis..

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
ummm, interesting theory, but palpatine would have to had killed Plagueis before he started to train darth maul. and since maul was presumably trained from a young age it would make sifo-dyas being Plagueis impossible, because of the sith rule of 2. and since it was stated that dyas was killed at around the ebents of TPM he could not have been Plagueis..

good point...theres a whole

Ushgarak
Oh man, no, won't the Sifo-Dyas thing die? Not even now?

The shoe doesn't fit! The army wasn't ordered until Dooku brought the template which was after Maul died and hence after Plagueis died- which was, rather obviously I thought, way too long ago anyway.

And a thousand thousand things wrong with this...

Lazerlike42
Plagiues is not Syfo-Dyas.. JP is correct, and it is possible to infer this information directly from the films

Anakin2Vader
JP is right..... the Syfo-Dyas NON mystery was solved a long time ago... there must have been a dozen different threads on this..... Syfo-Dyas was Syfo-Dyas.

Ken Kenobi
And for the record, telling you to use the serach function, doesnt fall under the backseat moderating criteria. It falls under the use your brain criteria.

Yes it does. It's the point of telling people off for making duplicate threads, un needed topics, etc.

This is backseat moderating if you keep it up.

Asking them nicely to use the search button next time would be much better than basically yelling at them.

Lord S
It doesn't fit...you must acquit.

neo313
I assumed that palpatine used the power he got from plagueis to create anakin, I mean, theres no real proof, but the whole idea is that Darth Vader is Palpatine's creation. This point is emphasized further by the whole frankenstein theme (the lightning, the tower, when anakin gets up he walks stiff like frankenstein)

Anakin Lost
smile

kremzike
Hey, I could just cut & paste my post from the OTHER thread with this topic in it, but let me try to say it differently this time...

GL approved the plot points from Labyrinth Of Evil, so it's explanation of who Sifo Dyas is is true. He was a Jedi and friend to Count Dooku. Sifo Dyas never left the Jedi order, though, and never joined the Sith. He did order the clones, and soon after he was killed by Dooku. BOOK SPOILERS!!!!

Lazerlike42
It doesn't matter even with the movies as the only source it's impossible to come to a logical conclusion that Plagiues is Syfo-Dyas

Delta 62
I hope to read Labryinth of Evil soon..but I do know that Sidious had Dooku kill Sifo to complete his turn to the Dark Side. No need to jump all over him though, it was indeed a clevery theory.

Delta 62
I hope to read Labryinth of Evil soon..but I do know that Sidious had Dooku kill Sifo to complete his turn to the Dark Side. No need to jump all over him though, it was indeed a clever theory.

Delta 62
Sorry for double post.

Darth Plagueis
As stated above, timing alone eliminates this as possible. The clone army order was placed by Sifo-Dyas (as explained in LOE) at about the time of episode 1, i.e. right around the time of Darth Mauls death and (ergo and therefore) sometime AFTER Plagueis death.
I have spoken.
It is so.
Thread may now be closed.
stick out tongue

Ripe
How about making use of your time do go back a few pages instead of expecting all of us to do the work for you. YOu are NOT a new person which is mainly the reason you got the answer you did from. And for the record, telling you to use the serach function, doesnt fall under the backseat moderating criteria. It falls under the use your brain criteria.

priestess.....you have serious issues.

You've been like this for as long as i've been on the forums and in no way are you in a position to lecture ppl on what they should create or post!

I for one am glad ppl constantly create new threads, even if they are old ones rehashed. It keeps kmc dynamic and exciting!

Grow up!

and no i don't care how old you are.

tlbauerle
KMC is anything but dynamic and exciting right now.

Thanks for taking the time to post a flame....

Batman316
hmm........

ok so Sifo Diyas was Sifo Diyas. That seem simple enough.

and he ordered the clones to be made why??

Lazerlike42
He never actually ordered them he was just in talks with the Kaminoins about it. Why was he in talks? I'm not 100% sure I believe it's because he forsaw trouble coming, or possibly because he just took a look around the galactic situation and realized the Jedi needed help and couldn't do everything.... someone who's actually READ LOE can provide a more thorough explanation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.