Which DC characters could pick up Thor's hammer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mdbull73
I was wondering:

Which DC characters are worthy enough to wield Mjolnir, Thor's hammer?

markolin
Wonder Woman.She did in the marvel/dc crossovers,and I thought it was very logical.
Others dont come to mind.

armandovalles
These are just some of the people that i think could pick it up. If u disagree with any of them, please say why.

Kyle Rayner - he gave up ultimate power (ION) for the good of the world.

Hal Jordan - he has done it all, and in my opinion is the most honorable being in DC.

Superman - he has shown on numerous occasions to be as honorable as just about anyone in DC.

John Stewart - the guy sacrificed himself to save just one woman and child, and that sacrifice got him paralyzed from the waist down.

Batman - after coming back, even when partially handicapped, in Kingdom Come, i think he has enough honor and respect to lift it.

Darkseid - he put away his pride to actually go to Superman and ASK for help with Doomsday in Hunter/ Prey. That oughta count for something.

Captain Marvel (Shazam) - Just read the end of Kingdom Come.

manjaro
captain marvel
every Gl except Guy Gardner(not noble enuff)
and of course there is arguably no one more noble and boy scouty like superman

mdbull73
Batman is pretty suspect. Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm no DC expert guys), but I imagine that Batman has intentionally killed in the past.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

markolin
It is not only being noble.It is also the warrior spirit.Only WW has both.
Superman and Kyle do not have a warrior heart,they fight because they must,they are heroes,but it is not in their blood.

who?-kid
Originally posted by armandovalles
Darkseid - he put away his pride to actually go to Superman and ASK for help with Doomsday in Hunter/ Prey. That oughta count for something.
Darkseid lifting Mjolnir ? That'll be the day.

armandovalles
dude i didnt mean he could lift mjolnir, i just said he has a better chance of doing so than other evil characters.

manjaro
true you need to hve a warriors spirit but a noble heart is paramount to anything else

Scoobless
Originally posted by manjaro
and of course there is arguably no one more noble and boy scouty like superman

you need more than nobility... you need to be able to do whatever it takes to protect the innocent, completely honest (no secret Identities.... by choice anyway) selfless (which most heroes are)

very few Marvel or DC heroes completely fit the bill

i suppose the DC version of Thor should be able to lift Marvel Thor's hammer..... but you'll never know unless he tries

K3VIL
Originally posted by armandovalles
These are just some of the people that i think could pick it up. If u disagree with any of them, please say why.

Kyle Rayner - he gave up ultimate power (ION) for the good of the world.<---Yes

Hal Jordan - he has done it all, and in my opinion is the most honorable being in DC.<---No.He destroyed a universe to rebuild a city, it's not a honorable fact.

Superman - he has shown on numerous occasions to be as honorable as just about anyone in DC.<---He's not worthy of Mjolnir, he wasn't able to lift it at the end of AVENGERS/JLA, he did it cause Thor let him doing it, it's a special enchantment of the hammer.

John Stewart - the guy sacrificed himself to save just one woman and child, and that sacrifice got him paralyzed from the waist down.<---He also fought for justice as a GL and a DS risking his life for hundred occasions, being a hero is his life.

Batman - after coming back, even when partially handicapped, in Kingdom Come, i think he has enough honor and respect to lift it.<---He'll never lift it, a paranoid who don't trust in nothing except for himself, he has always doubts and suspects on everyone, he's at the limit between hero and anti-hero criminal like the Punisher.

Darkseid - he put away his pride to actually go to Superman and ASK for help with Doomsday in Hunter/ Prey. That oughta count for something.<---A tyrant that is a threat to the Universe and has fought majority of D.C. Heroes who DIDN'T ask help to Supes, Desak search for the help of Orion and other Earth heroes, and Desak after being healed from the Mother Box, told Supes Doomsday comes from Earth so it's a problem Supes must solve.

Captain Marvel (Shazam) - Just read the end of Kingdom Come. <---He can.

manjaro
ok lets put it this way, ppl who have already lifted it Odin, Wonder Woman, Beta ray Bill, Captain America, And superman in the JLa/Avengers cross over some guy named drago

whirlysplat
Originally posted by manjaro
ok lets put it this way, ppl who have already lifted it Odin, Wonder Woman, Beta ray Bill, Captain America, And superman in the JLa/Avengers cross over some guy named drago

Yup and bats definately

quote: (post)

Batman - after coming back, even when partially handicapped, in Kingdom Come, i think he has enough honor and respect to lift it.<---He'll never lift it, a paranoid who don't trust in nothing except for himself, he has always doubts and suspects on everyone, he's at the limit between hero and anti-hero criminal like the Punisher.

Captain Marvel without a doubt

Captain Marvel (Shazam) - Just read the end of Kingdom Come. <---He can.

Martian Manhunter could as well Jonn is a very noble being

Scoobless
Batman is too deceitful
Captain Marvel isn't willing to kill
MM....?.... don't know a huge amount about him.... but his fear may disqualify him

K3VIL
Which version of Captain Marvel?
The first one or his son, Genis Vell?
Cause Genis was mad for a part of his life, and so he's not certainly worth of Mjolnir.

whirlysplat
He is not adverse to trickery like when he tricked Graviton and stabbed him with a hypo.

Supes is not one to kill but he has lifted Mjolinir

MM overcomes his fears this is a sign of even greater nobility like when he accepted the sentient virus into his body. He has overcome his fear of fire recently. big grin

Originally posted by Scoobless
Batman is too deceitful
Captain Marvel isn't willing to kill
MM....?.... don't know a huge amount about him.... but his fear may disqualify him smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by K3VIL
Which version of Captain Marvel?
The first one or his son, Genis Vell?
Cause Genis was mad for a part of his life, and so he's not certainly worth of Mjolnir.

i think we were talking about the DC Billy Batson (SHAZAM) version

whirlysplat
He gains the wisdom of solomon for a startOriginally posted by Scoobless
i think we were talking about the DC Billy Batson (SHAZAM) version

JWangSDC
I think he meant Shazam Cap marvel

whirlysplat
big grinOriginally posted by JWangSDC
I think he meant Shazam Cap marvel

attkin0689
Who in DC would be "worthy" to pick up Thor's hammer?

Superman - no way!
Batman - probably not.
Captain Marvel - not a chance!
Darkseid - that's a joke, right?
Wonderwoman - yes!

I know the superman is going to throw some for a loop but it all has to do with what would be considered worthy. Worthy would be based on the values and ethics that the Asgardian gods held - which would probably be best represented by the Vikings who worshipped them.

Those values would be strength, honour, courage and conviction. It would also include a committment to destroy evil. Not just arrest them, or stop them from hurting themseles but smite them! Obeying or enforcing societal laws wouldn't likely play any part at all.

I mean the Asgardian Gods are pre-destined to face their destruction without even a glimmer of hope of suceeding. How many of the DC heroes would be willing to make a hopeless, pointless stand? Superman who ran away before Kingdom Come because he couldn't take the changes in society? Captain Marvel - who was so ashamed of himself that he hid his powers from society. Batman who hides in a dungeon trying to scare people into behaving and occassionally getting mad enought to kill a villain who doesn't behave. (besides that guys coming damn close to dying a straw death in Kingdom Come - unacceptable to a Viking!)

With Thor it isn't much of a question. If you're an evil Frost giant - put the hammer through his head. If you're a petty criminal, well you're not fully evil enought to matter so leave him alone. That's why Thor's no boyscout. The changing rules of man are beneath his godly notice. There's no question of conviction; its either hammer or no hammer. And there's no question of 'can I make a difference'? If its evil, stand until it, or Thor himself, is destroyed.

That's why I'm ok with Wonderwoman picking up the hammer. Rightly or wrongly those tough-as-nails Amazons imprisoned or executed their evil male oppressors. Of those characters mentioned, she's most likely to smite her ennemy and feel good about it. Not like the Batman's "I'm torn but I have to kill you so you don't kill another", or Superman's " I must restrain you" garbage.

That's why Thor Rocks!

PS: Ok, ok I'm no expert on DC and I'll admit that my views on Thor is partly Marvel comic portrayal, and partly hard-core 1,000 year old religious stories.

B dot Rob
Orion

nvrbeenwthagirl
Orion, Barda, Wonder Woman That is pretty much it. Black Adam Might be able to pick it up to considering he Would probably be a hero to the Asgardians.

K3VIL
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Orion, Barda, Wonder Woman That is pretty much it. Black Adam Might be able to pick it up to considering he Would probably be a hero to the Asgardians.
No, BA is no hero.He is like Namor but more ruthless and cruel, plus more powerful.BA always cared for his own business, and recently begin acting amongside heroes and then as a hero, but he's still not worth of the hammer.

ExtraMision5555
bane cuz he has tha big muscls.

Superherovandal
captain marvel currently might. he'd override odin enchantment. he's the new wizard shazam. so he's very high skyfather at least.

B dot Rob
Lightray might be able to do it too.
Kilowog.
Nightwing
Walter West?

juggernaut66666
Mr Mxyz

Wally West
Nightwing rock

Soljer
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Mr Mxyz

Cheater.

Tron
Moving...

Disappear
batman's being written out as being "too deceitful," yet the guy currently wielding thor's hammer just came out of nowhere and lightning-smacked the shit out of those who'd considered him a trusted ally for years... double standard, methinks.

badabing
Originally posted by mdbull73
I was wondering:

Which DC characters are worthy enough to wield Mjolnir, Thor's hammer?
Captain Marvel and Superman.

Scorpiom
Captain America could, he is too much of a goody 2 shoes!!!

NoFate007
Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Kyle Rayner, and Captain Marvel. That's it, in my opinion.

jumpmann
Originally posted by Wally West
Nightwing rock
Seconded. He's definitely up there among the most noble superheroes in the DC universe.

Good call.

Scorpiom
Originally posted by Scorpiom
Captain America could, he is too much of a goody 2 shoes!!!

What a dumb a$$ I am , sry didnt read the whole title. Anyway, my vote would be Martian or maybe even Blue Beetle 2.

Solidus Snake
no human should be able to lift mjolnir. the hammer in itself prolly weights close to a ton.

Juntai
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
no human should be able to lift mjolnir. the hammer in itself prolly weights close to a ton. Luckily magic explains everything

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Disappear
batman's being written out as being "too deceitful," yet the guy currently wielding thor's hammer just came out of nowhere and lightning-smacked the shit out of those who'd considered him a trusted ally for years... double standard, methinks.

I disagree. We dont know who this Thor is and he didnt hit anybody when he showed up, it stopped the fight momentarily.

I really cant think of anybody in DC, I used to think Wonder Woman could but after killing Max Lord I dont know if she can anymore. Hal Jordan im pretty sure cant specially after he killed alll those people, granted it was under the parasites control but nontheless it was his hand. Batman, Im not even sure he'll want the hammer anyways and he is too deceitful. He dont need the hammer. Superman is just a heroe like it was said before, he is not a warrior. I think maybe Nightwing could lift it, he is a warrior, being training/fighting his whole life and maybe IMO Barbara Gordon, she is a noble person, a fighter, im sure she probably could lift it.

willRules
Originally posted by attkin0689
Superman - no way!
Batman - probably not.
Captain Marvel - not a chance!
Darkseid - that's a joke, right?
Wonderwoman - yes!

yes I agree

Originally posted by Wally West
Nightwing rock

I think you might be onto something there yes in infinite Crisis didn't Superman and superboy prime think Nightwing was the only good one left in that DC earth?

hulkrulz
I think Hulk was the first one to lift it i think, supes could, anyone good and honorable and wouldn't intentionally kill people, idk how mangog does because he's a bad guy

D-Block
Captain Marvel, Superman, Wonder Woman, and most GLs

Avalonofthewind
Superman
Wonderwoman
Kyle
Darkseid
Zauriel
Captain Marvel

Accel
Darkseid's worthy?

badabing
Captain Marvel and Wonderwoman may have the best chance to be deemed worthy because they are powered by the gods. Superman is my third choice for obvious reasons of worthiness.

darthgoober
The only people I'd say have a chance to lift it are Orion and Wonder Woman. Superman did for a bit in JLA/Avengers, but wasn't able to at the end. Since that was cannon in at least DC(and arguably Marvel), I don't think he would be able to again. WW and Orion seem to fit the description of 'worthy' by Marvel's Asgardian standerds, but I can't think of anyone else who does.

Darth Vegas
Superman
Captain Marvel
Wonder Woman

Broly92
Nice sig

Grimm22
Anyone have a link to the who is worthy enough to pick up Thor's hammer arc? confused erm

If one exists that is?

Sub_Mariner
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8413/avgrsjla0438mt2.th.jpg shifty

Face
Hawkgirl or Green lantern

The-Judge
robin?? likes to fight and is noblebig grin

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Accel
Darkseid's worthy?

He doesn't have to be...he's above the hammer's enchantment. I'd say Galactus could pick it up as well.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
He doesn't have to be...he's above the hammer's enchantment. I'd say Galactus could pick it up as well. Has anyone above odin ever try to pick up the hammer.

Grimm22
If you think about it, it seems nowadays that nobody can pick up Mjolner other than Thor himself.

I mean in, the Thing couldnt pick it up. Not to be a fanboy or anything, but Ben has proven himself worthy to be able to lift the hammer.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8413/avgrsjla0438mt2.th.jpg shifty
Yes, but at the end of the issue, Supes couln't lift it anymore.

WrathfulDwarf
I'll bet these characters could pick it up and even yield the hammer's power:

Etrigan
Doomsday
Black Adam
Lobo

Doomsday and Lobo could do it out pure strengh and willpower. Black Adam and Etrigan have magical powers.

Grimm22
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'll bet these characters could pick it up and even yield the hammer's power:

Etrigan
Doomsday
Black Adam
Lobo

Doomsday and Lobo could do it out pure strengh and willpower. Black Adam and Etrigan have magical powers.

No one can do it out of strength or willpower no expression

Adam, might be worthy erm

WrathfulDwarf
I wouldn't doubt Doomsday's and Lobo's strength. Both Have battle Superman before and had been suscessful. Etrigan is a demon...Adam? Very worthty. yes

Grimm22
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I wouldn't doubt Doomsday's and Lobo's strength. Both Have battle Superman before and had been suscessful. Etrigan is a demon...Adam? Very worthty. yes

Sure, but even Supes and people stronger than him cannot pick up the hammer because of strength.

Current Adam, probobly worthy.

Pre-IC Adam erm, maybe not

Inhuman
I wasnt surprised wonder woman was able to pick it up. Made perfect sense.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Inhuman
I wasnt surprised wonder woman was able to pick it up. Made perfect sense.

Yeah she has definitly proven herself yes

Avalonofthewind
How could I forget Zauriel?

He should have no problem picking it up.

batdude123
What about Orion? DUH!!! doh

And Highfather of course.

bigbran
In the eyes of nvrbeenwithagirl, every DC character could pick up the hammer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.