Revenge Of The Sith Is Not For Real Sw Fans. I Don't Know Who It's For! - Read Here!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EPIIIBITES
FROM A HARDCORE FAN...

THIS SW MOVIE IS LOST BETWEEN TRYING TO PLEASE THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND SW FANS...BUT THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHICH MAKES SW COOL THAT'S IN THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!

LUCAS SPENT TOO MUCH TIME CREATING TONS OF STUFF FOR THIS FILM, BUT NOT ENOUGH TIME ON ONE SINGLE THING TO MAKE IT COOL!!!! THERE IS NOTHING HERE THAT DESERVES THE NAME STAR WARS, BECAUSE STAR WARS SHOULD = COOL STUFF!

EP II WAS GREAT! IT TOTALLY ABANDONED THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN TERMS OF CREATING A FOLLOWABLE PLOT, CHARACTERS TO CARE ABOUT, ETC...AND IT WAS A FLOP IN THAT SENSE...

BUT WE LOVE THE THING TO BITS!!! IT'S JUST COOL!!!

I WOULD CALL EP I 'NEAT' AT BEST...

BUT IT STILL HAD THAT SW MAGIC!!! AND IT WAS FULL OF WONDER AND ENERGY, AND IMAGINATIVE NEW CHARACTERS AND WORLDS THAT WE ACTUALLY GOT A CHANCE TO KNOW (UNLIKE IN THIS MOVIE)!!!

WE LOVE STAR WARS BECAUSE OF THE WORLD LUCAS HAS CREATED, BECAUSE IT'S FULL OF COOL STUFF! FOR IT'S BEAUTY, IT'S EXCITEMENT, IT'S IMAGINATION...NOT BECAUSE WE'RE GONNA GET A GREAT PLOT AND BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCES... BUT BECAUSE JEDIS WILL FLY THROUGH A PLANE OF GLASS TO GRAB ONTO AN AIRBORNE ASSASIN DROID! THAT'S COOL!

BUT...

Was there ONE really good COMPLETE action sequence in this whole movie ??? (ex. Geonosis arena scene, speeder chase through Coruscant in epII, podrace scene in epI).

Was there ANYTHING that was really cool that you couldn't wait to go back and see again the next day (ex. seismic charges, the royal starship blwoing up in epII)

Was there ONE really beautiful scene that was wonderous to look at (ex. the royal starship hovering over the clouds of couscant, making it's approach in ep II, the Gungan city in in ep I)?

This film was fairly well put together in terms of how Anakin slowly fell to the dark side, what Sidious' part was in all of it, and how exactly Anakin became Vader. BUT THAT STUFF HAD TO BE GOOD!

UNFORTUENATELY THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE THAT WAS DONE WITH AS MUCH CARE AS THAT STUFF! THERE IS NO REAL CLIMAX IN THIS MOVIE BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS, SO A GOOD FILMAKER WOULD MAKE SURE THE REST OF THE MOVIE HAS SOME REALLY KICK ASS STUFF IN IT...BUT IT DIDN'T!!!!!! JUST TALKING AND SHOOTING AND MORE TALKING AND MORE SHOOTING. THIS FILM MADE ME FEEL EMPTY!

This is why it sucked...

Point #1 - This film was badly directed.

ex) WHY WAS THE OBI-WAN/ GRIEVOUS CHASE SCENE JUST CUT IN HALF!!? IT TOTALLY LOST MOMENTUM RIGHT WHEN IT STARTED TO GET GOING?

WHY WASN'T THERE A GOOD BUILD UP TO THE KASHYYK BATTLE SCENE (ex. build up to hoth battle scene, or build up to the Geonosis arena scene...which is what increases the intensity). THERE WAS NO FORM TO IT, OR ANY OF THE BATTLE SCENES FOR THAT MATTER. WE JUST SEEMED TO BE THROWN INTO BATTLE SCENE AFTER BATTLE SCENE WITH NO EXPLANATION OR CLEARITY OF WHO'S INVLOVED, WHAT IS GOING ON, AND WHAT IS AT STAKE!!! (and remember, we are the minority of movie goers who already have a heads-up on all this stuff).

AND WHY WASN'T THERE ANYTHING EXCITING OR CLEVER IN ANY OF THE ACTION SCENES. IS BRUSHING SOME LEECHY DROIDS OFF ONE VEHICLE WITH THE WING OF ANOTHER VEHICLE ECXITING?????!!!!! THAT WAS ONE OF THE ONLY CAREFULLY THOUGHT OUT SCENES OF ACTION IN THE WHOLE FILM...LAME!

MOST EVERYTHING ELSE WAS JUST THINGS FLYING AROUND, SHOOTING EACHOTHER. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THESE VEHICLES ARE, WE DON'T GET A GOOD LOOK AT ANY OF THEM...FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, SOMETIMES I WAS LIKE "WHICH ONES ARE THE GOOD GUYS AND WHICH ONES ARE THE BAD GUYS!!!!!

HORRIBLE! INEXCUSABLE! UNBELIEVABLY BAD FILMAKING!

Point #2 - Wayyyyy too many different vehicles, species, locations for us to get any real appreciation of them.

ex).WHO ARE THE WOOKIES? I STILL DON'T KNOW. WHAT IS THEIR PLANET LIKE? HOW DO THEY LIVE? WHY EXACLTY HAVE THEY AGREED TO HELP OUT? (APART FROM THE YODA CONNECTION)

WE KNOW WAYYYY TOO MUCH ABOUT EWOKS BUT NOTHING ABOUT WOOKIES!!!!!WHAT DO THE WOOKIES FLY? WHAT WAS THAT?

Point #3 - Lucas, decide on who you're making this movie for. In most people's eyes, The Phantom Menace didn't deliver. It was a failure in the sense that it had to create a whole new genereation of Star Wars fans, and it didn't (Don't know if you're aware, but Star Wars was loved by EVERYBODY in the 80's). But it had to do the job of setting up the rest of the prequels so...

Attack of the Clones was great because it delivered for Star Wars fans...CORUSCANT SPEEDER CHASE, JANGO AND OBI WAN BATTLES ON KAMINO AND IN NEAR GEONOSIS, GEONOSIS ARENA SCENE, CLONTROOPERS VS. DROIDS, JEDIS VS DOOKU SCENES, AND LOTS OF OTHER COOL STUFF HEAR AND THEIR...REALLY WELL DONE AND JUST THE KIND OF COOL STUFF STAR WARS FANS WANNA SEE!!! I'VE SEEN THAT FILM A BILLION TIMES. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

IS ALL WE GET THAT WE REALLY WANNA SEE IN EPIII THE FINAL LUGHTASABER DUEL? (WHICH LOOKED CHEAP AS HECK...WHAT'S WITH THAT LAVA?) THE SPACE BATTLE WAS KIND OF A LET DOWN. JUST THINK OF HOW WELL PLANNED OUT THE SPACE BATTLE IN 'A NEW HOPE' WAS. NOW WHAT WAS SO WELL PLANNED OUT ABOUT THIS?

So who was this film made for? Lucas wanted to please everyone by having a descent story, descent visuals, and a descent ending to the saga. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? DESCENT SUCKS!

STAR WARS FANS DON'T WANT DESCENT, THEY WANNA BE AMAZED!!!

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 6 FILMS, LUCAS MANAGED TO MAKE SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT IN THE LEAST BIT AMAZING!

HE HASN'T DONE A GOOD JOB OF PLEASING THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN THE PREQUELS SO FAR...SO WHY START NOW???

THERE WAS MORE DIOLOGUE AND STORY MAKING IN THIS FILM THAN THE LAST TWO FILMS COMBINED...AND FOR WHAT? WHO CARES??? THE GENERAL PUBLIC DOESN'T...THE FANS DON'T...YOU SCREWED UP GEORGE!!!

It just did what it had to do and no more. I NEVER thought I'd see a Star Wars movie that I couldn't wait for to end. I NEVER thought I'd see a Star Wars movie that I didn't wanna go see again the very next day. I NEVER thought I'd see a Star Wars movie where I just had yell 'BOO!' at, at the end.

GET SERIOUS EVERYONE! THIS MOVIE'S JUNK! THE WORST ONE BY FAR!

*Worst Scene - Darth Vader- "Nooooooooooo!"

Are you kidding me?

bILLYgOAT
too much readin

bILLYgOAT
& ur registerd MAY 05
so ur scum

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by bILLYgOAT
too much readin
i second that lol

DeVi| D0do
I'm a real Star Wars fan and I liked it.

kremzike
I'm a real Star Wars fan and I LOVED it. Saw it 3 times so far. Going to see it more. Been on the local news twice because of it. I read some of your novel above, but I don't have time to read it all because i've gotta go buy more tickets.

Ok, that's not true. I just don't wanna read that much. stick out tongue

johnsolo
me too...I thought it was well done!!!

Captain REX
& ur registerd MAY 05
so ur scum

Hell, he registered today.

Please don't type in caps. Thank you.

EPIIIBITES
You guys don't get it, sorry.

all you're saying is "I liked it, I liked it."

Back it up! Prove me wrong!

Gimme 1 thing that was as cool or mesmerizing as some of things I mentioned about the other prequels.

Get serious.

Darth_Vader05
Thats just a bunch of shit im going again tonight for the 2nd time Revenge Of The Sith is the best Star Wars film ever!

SW3HP4IJ4
I loved it. It was gripping, it was epic, it answered so many questions, ugh. I can't wait to see that, movie again.

SW3HP4IJ4
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES

Gimme 1 thing that was as cool or mesmerizing as some of things I mentioned about the other prequels.

Get serious.

Why do we need to back up our opinions?? If we love it, we love it, if we hate, we hate it. You don't need to back up your own opinions.

DeVi| D0do
The Battle of Geonosis is the only good thing about Episode II. Yes the only thing.

This movie overall is great. So it may not have had as many amazing moments as the other movies (the prequels are a bad example... this film kills the previous two. It doesn't even come close to the OT) but overall this film is amazing.

Honestly I didn't even read most of your post... seriously, don't type in all caps.

To say that it is a crap movie because it doesn't have anything 'cool or mesmerising' is stupid.

Get serious.

DarkYoda
Order 66 was insanely cool (yet so tragic and sad).

DeVi| D0do
The music as Anakin marched to the Temple was terrible!

bILLYgOAT
just wait till
EPVII

SW3HP4IJ4
just wait till
EPVII

There is not going to be an episode VII

smoker4
Darth Firerock is my role, mickey promised me blink

bILLYgOAT
then don't wait for EP IX
in the next 11 years

SW3HP4IJ4
Ok, whatever confused

Captain REX
Originally posted by Darth_Vader05
Thats just a bunch of shit im going again tonight for the 2nd time Revenge Of The Sith is the best Star Wars film ever!

THAT I won't support.

Not a single Prequel can ever beat Empire.

SW3HP4IJ4
Originally posted by Captain REX
THAT I won't support.

Not a single Prequel can ever beat Empire.

Actually, I enjoyed Episode II more than Empire (despite the bad acting/romance scenes)

EPIIIBITES
That's exactly what Star Wars is DeVi| D0do. It was the coolest thing anyone had ever seen. It's supposed to blow people's minds. Lucas tried to do that in the first prequels, but people just didn't care anymore.

The fans cared. But, again, what STANDS OUT (sorry, caps) in this movie. ...

Nothing.

Kashyyk could've been so much cooler.

The Grievous scenes coukd've been so much cooler.

He focused too much on everything and not on ceratin things to make them memorable.and a Star Wars film that's not memorable (excpet for Anakin getting sliced up) isn't a Star Wars film in my book.

Read my original Post. I'm sure you'll agree with some stuff...and don't call me stupid (sniff!)

astrofan428

How bout we all make our own ****ing decisions on whether we liked it or not, most people here can handle doing that.

And just to mention, I ****ing loved it, lava and all.

EPIIIBITES
Yeah that music was horrible. A lot of the music just seemed to be inserted here and there.

Captain REX
EPIIIBITES, please shush. People have to learn someday that it is impossible for other humans to force their opinions on someone unless they live in the book 1984.

SW3HP4IJ4
Like one reviewer said: "...for anyone who hates this film...I think Yoda said it best: 'Go to hell, you can'"

DeVi| D0do
That's exactly what Star Wars is DeVi| D0do. It was the coolest thing anyone had ever seen. It's supposed to blow people's minds. Lucas tried to do that in the first prequels, but people just didn't care anymore.

The fans cared. But, again, what STANDS OUT (sorry, caps) in this movie. ...

Nothing.

He focused too much on everything and not on ceratin things to make them memorable.and a Star Wars film that's not memorable (excpet for Anakin getting sliced up) isn't a Star Wars film in my book.

Read my original Post. I'm sure you'll agree with some stuff...and don't call me stupid (sniff!)

wow... I completely disagree with you!

He focused too much on everything and not on a few things to make them memorable

this is exactly what makes this film so much better than the last two.

I think you and I have very different tastes...

sorry for saying stupid... everyone has thier opinions... I just don't agree with yours.

cool

EPIIIBITES
Chill man. I'm just a fan with an opinion.

I'm asking you to make up your own mind by taking my points into consideration.

And if you read my 1st post, I believe I have good points, and I want someone to prove ME wrong through discussion. This is a discussion forum isn't it...with a bit o' jarring here and there?

astrofan428
IS ALL WE GET THAT WE REALLY WANNA SEE IN EPIII THE FINAL LUGHTASABER DUEL? (WHICH LOOKED CHEAP AS HECK...WHAT'S WITH THAT LAVA?)

I thought that the duel and following scene with Anakin burning was the best scene out of any the 6 films.

And "real sw fans" have known about the lave for 20 years.

SW3HP4IJ4

And if you read my 1st post, I believe I have good points, and I want someone to prove ME wrong through discussion. This is a discussion forum isn't it...with a bit o' jarring here and there?

Were you talking to me, because I was just stating what the reviewer said.

And we need to prove you wrong why??? We all have opinions, and we can't force anyone to change their opinions.

Protector

Get serious.
Good point let me start by saying that you are scum be quite stop makeing threads and fall in a well.
Second a true SW fan knows everything that should (and did) happen in ep3 but some how GL still made it insanely awsome
Let me draw your attenion to the fight scene when Yoda and Obi were killing the clones and Yoda used his lightsaber as a spear stabbed a clone in the heart then in one motion pulled it out and threw it at another clone

Protector
Not good enough for you then think back to the Ani Dooku fight in one motion both of his hands gone Then he takes Dooku's lightsaber and uses it to cut of the Siths head "How embarassing"
Did you complain about lack of cool racing like the podrace did u miss the ship action in the beginning ships every where blowing up and little robot trying to destroy OB1.
And final thing I would just like to say R2D2 shooting oil everywhere and on the mega driods then lighting the on fire and killing the driods if that wasn't cool then just fall down and stay there

Protector
*Clears Throat* In your face

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by Captain REX
EPIIIBITES, please shush. People have to learn someday that it is impossible for other humans to force their opinions on someone unless they live in the book 1984.

Ken Kenobi

Because he focused on everything this time around is what made this film better than the first prequels. Focusing too much on one scene will make that one awesome and everything, but he would lose focus on other scenes, thus making the movie much less than what it could be.

Lucas did not drop the ball on this one, he might have started losing his grip on it, but he kept it in his hands the whole time.

Visually, this movie is amazing.
Story, it completely rocked.
The acting, great for the most part.

You're point about him focusing on the whole movie, making it terrible is so utterly ridiculous it makes me laugh. laughing

DarkYoda
Originally posted by smoker4

laughing Subtle is a loser! laughing

Protector
So u are here now then read what i had to say

Captain REX

What?

Anyway, EPIII, I don't see the word 'Discussion' anywhere on the title of this area. confused

DeVi| D0do

It's all good man! big grin

We just have very different opinions and tastes. You say that what define's a good Star Wars movie are bursts on greatness. I completely disagree.

This movie is the best Prequel because it is consistently good.

I can't prove you wrong because we have different tastes. And you can't prove me wrong.

Protector
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

We just have very different opinions and tastes. You say that what define's a good Star Wars movie are bursts on greatness. I completely disagree.

I can't prove you wrong because we have different tastes. And you can't prove me wrong.
i agree

EPIIIBITES

Thanks.

See... this guy knows how converse!

Unlike alot of other people here who are probably foaming at the mouth as they're calling me 'SCUM'.

relax.

Darth MoonPIE
the music was terribly done, I don't mean john williams creating it, I mean george lucas putting it into the movie, I love all the music all 6 movies have put out, which is half the reason star wars is so great.

BUT. in epIII, the music was very terribly put and totally out of place, the only scene that was perfect with the music.... duel of the fates during the double fight scene, and the ending with lukes theme or whatever you wanna callit . the ending was perfect with that music. everything else was out of place, excluding duel of the fates.

SW3HP4IJ4
Originally posted by Darth MoonPIE
the music was terribly done, I don't mean john williams creating it, I mean george lucas putting it into the movie, I love all the music all 6 movies have put out, which is half the reason star wars is so great.

BUT. in epIII, the music was very terribly put and totally out of place, the only scene that was perfect with the music.... duel of the fates during the double fight scene, and the ending with lukes theme or whatever you wanna callit . the ending was perfect with that music. everything else was out of place, excluding duel of the fates.

Actually, I thought the music was very well done and worked its best at the most powerful scenes.

EPIIIBITES

But back to what you're saying.

I don't believe most filmakers would say this is consitently good storytelling and acting. It's average. It does the job.

Peter Jackson pulled that off.

Lucas can't...and it's because he can't, and CAN can do all the marvelous things he did in the other movies that makes me wanna say. "Stick to what you're good at. Don't give me something 'average' that you're usually bad at. I want something awesome that you're good at, and stuff makes Star Wars cool...and IT AINT HERE FELLAS!

SW3HP4IJ4

I don't believe most filmakers would say this is consitently good storytelling and acting. It's average. It does the job.

Lucas can't...and it's because he can't, and CAN can do all the marvelous things he did in the other movies that makes me wanna say. "Stick to what you're good at. Don't give me something 'average' that you're usually bad at. I want something awesome that you're good at, and stuff makes Star Wars cool...and IT AINT HERE FELLAS!

In your opinion. Like that guy said, you can't change others' opinions, and we can't change yours.

Captain REX
Unless you're from the book 1984 or Brave New World, of course. big grin

Darth MoonPIE
I saw the movie twice in a 6 hour period I think I know if the music is out of place, I didn't say every piece was, just a large number. Music for ani and obiwan duel was bad.... except duel of the fates. Anakins march to the temple was terrible also. We don't need 'battle of heros' playing when the sick quacker is walking down a ramp either.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by Protector
Not good enough for you then think back to the Ani Dooku fight in one motion both of his hands gone Then he takes Dooku's lightsaber and uses it to cut of the Siths head "How embarassing"
Did you complain about lack of cool racing like the podrace did u miss the ship action in the beginning ships every where blowing up and little robot trying to destroy OB1.
And final thing I would just like to say R2D2 shooting oil everywhere and on the mega driods then lighting the on fire and killing the driods if that wasn't cool then just fall down and stay there

Thank you for being someone with another (formulated) opinion.

...and I'm not scum (sniff!)

The R2 thing was definitely good...but how cool a thing can a droid do?
I want more, bigger Lucas!

The Buz Droids thing was, as I said in my original post, not that engaging! He managed to sweep them off Obi's wing using his vehicle's wing...OOOO what a spectacle.

And the equivalent of the Dooku stuff was in EpI and II with Maul and Ani...and if you want heads, NOTHING beats Jango's ...COME ON! No big deal here buddy...sorry.

I'M CHALLENGING YOU GUYS. IF YOU DON"T WANT THE CHALLENGE THEN JUST KEEP REPLYING WITH NAMECALLING...THAT"S REALLY FUN.

EHmasterJedi
He makes a FEW points BUT WOW, that is the most back-asswards oppinion overall i think ive ever read in my life LOL, E2 was the most unlike a SWs movie and E1 was fine, these guys are retards.

He says theres no climax, its really like the middle act in a 3 act play, THE HOLE DAM MOVIE IS THE CLIMAX LOL, its what changes everything.

WindDancer

Peter Jackson was under heavier pressure to keep Tolkien's work intact without alterations. Whereas Lucas could do whatever he pleased with the SW films. I give the edge to Peter Jackson over George Lucas.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by SW3HP4IJ4
In your opinion. Like that guy said, you can't change others' opinions, and we can't change yours.

I diagree. Opinions can change. Read my first post and I think you'll agree with MOST of what I'm saying...

Director_Joe
Those who think the movie sucks needs to stop their bitching and just enjoy the movie as its given. And for those who say "he's ruining our series..." that needs to stop... It is NOT your series...it's Lucas' and he can do what he wants with it. I like all of the Star Wars movies and I have not complaints... You bitches need to find something better to do then bash the series...

SW3HP4IJ4
I diagree. Opinions can change. Read my first post and I think you'll agree with MOST of what I'm saying...

Nope, not at all. You have not changed my opinion.

EHmasterJedi
as clint eastwood said- "oppinions are like a**holes, everybody has one" LOL

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by EHmasterJedi
He makes a FEW points BUT WOW, that is the most back-asswards oppinion overall i think ive ever read in my life LOL, E2 was the most unlike a SWs movie and E1 was fine, these guys are retards.

He says theres no climax, its really like the middle act in a 3 act play, THE HOLE DAM MOVIE IS THE CLIMAX LOL, its what changes everything.

Exactly. We know, everyone knows the climax...so it's not climactic...it doesn't surprise. That's why you have to have surprises in the rest of the film...and there were NONE, except order 66 whose name alone is "cool Star Wars"

EP2 wasn't like any other SW movie, you're absolutely right...which is partly why it's so darn tasty!!! None of the average stuff, lots of the good stuff.

Basically. I'd rather take Siesmic charges (or whtever they're called) and podraces over 'average' storytelling anyday when it comes to Star Wars...and the storytelling WAS average...but of course you guys won't agree with that because it seems you're the kind's of fans where Lucas can do no wrong.

SW3HP4IJ4
Exactly. We know, everyone knows the climax...so it's not climactic...it doesn't surprise. That's why you have to have surprises in the rest of the film...and there were NONE, except order 66 whose name alone is "cool Star Wars"

EP2 wasn't like any other SW movie, you're absolutely right...which is partly why it's so darn tasty!!! None of the average stuff, lots of the good stuff.

Basically. I'd rather take Siesmic charges (or whtever they're called) and podraces over 'average' storytelling anyday when it comes to Star Wars...and the storytelling WAS average...but of course you guys won't agree with that because it seems you're the kind's of fans where Lucas can do no wrong.

Or because maybe people just think the movie was better than you thought it was.

EPIIIBITES

IS THE SENATOR'S STARSHIP BLOWING UP AT THE BEGINNING OF EP II NOT THE TASTIEST EXPLOSION EVER MADE?

NOT EVEN A SMALL THING LIKE THAT WITH THAT MUCH QUALITY STOOD OUT IN EPIII...NOTHING. (sorry bout caps)

Darth MoonPIE
ok SW3 I think you're opinion is well known, let others state theirs. Don't shut down people who have a different one.

Except the music part... im 100% right... muahahah

EPIIIBITES
IS THE SENATOR'S STARSHIP BLOWING UP AT THE BEGINNING OF EP II NOT THE TASTIEST EXPLOSION EVER MADE?

NOT EVEN A SMALL THING LIKE THAT WITH THAT MUCH QUALITY STOOD OUT IN EPIII...NOTHING. (sorry bout caps)

Whatever this is old. I hope you guys appreciate my honesty.

I'm outa here...

"May the blah bla blah..

SW3HP4IJ4

Your loss, not mine, I thought the final duel was much better than the explosion. BTW, quoting yourself is really dumb.

SW3HP4IJ4
Originally posted by Darth MoonPIE
ok SW3 I think you're opinion is well known, let others state theirs. Don't shut down people who have a different one.

Except the music part... im 100% right... muahahah

Sorry, Im just a huge Star wars fan...I'll stop now...

EHmasterJedi
Well what i didnt like about E2 was the serious lack of anything going on, all the movie was basically was Anakin and Padime sitting around wile Anakin begs for pu**y the hole movie, In E3 theres action always somthing going on, like Ebert said in his review, "a return to space opera and action", the good parts of the OT and that was what all of them should of been, as i said E1 wasnt to bad, but E2 was like a soap opera.

Jedi_KnightAlly
Originally posted by smoker4

He said i can be Darth Secretus big grin

SW3HP4IJ4
Originally posted by EHmasterJedi
Well what i didnt like about E2 was the serious lack of anything going on, all the movie was basically was Anakin and Padime sitting around wile Anakin begs for pu**y the hole movie, In E3 theres action always somthing going on, like Ebert said in his review, "a return to space opera and action", the good parts of the OT and that was what all of them should of been, as i said E1 wasnt to bad, but E2 was like a soap opera.

Yeah, the middle of the movie was slow. And I agree, in Ep. 3 the Anakin/Padme sceens were streamlined and shorter, and the back-to-back action make sense because they are in the middle of a war.

Batman316
There was lots to marvel at in this movie, and the Duel was AWESOME but did it deliver on it's promises? did it connect PT with OT?

the simple answer is NO

EHmasterJedi
I think overall ALL the duels where to short and abit of a let down, the last 2 werent bad but, ehh you know, the best part of the last two duels was probably when they played Duel of Fates.

mysterio69
Originally posted by Batman316
There was lots to marvel at in this movie, and the Duel was AWESOME but did it deliver on it's promises? did it connect PT with OT?

the simple answer is NO

i hear ya. but oh well. wasn't mon mthma supposed to be in this one, discussing an alliance with bail? that should've been in there. and qui-gon's scene, too.

geet
i like the fact that we now know the maker of anakin. Darth Plagus, created life out of medichlorians smile Also, that scene of Bail and the brave youngin who slices like 4 troopers then gets shot I find was the most hilarious part of the movie lol It was just so random yet sad sad

geet
I think what most of you don't like is that there was too much moving around and not enough sitting down and explaining things. Saying so, the movie should have been longer to soak it all in... lotr:ROTK managed it...

EHmasterJedi
Lucas's Kid did a great job i though jezz, he did a better job than some of the other council members lol, As far as knowing who Anakins father was i think you assume to much, his father was the force not some evel force, he WAS the chosen not the evel one.

tlbauerle
I didn't read it...can someone paraphrase?

Lazerlike42
I read it.... and you know what I noticed? From a "real Star Wars fan," the fellow NEVER ONCE cites anything from OT in his arguements. Everything he cites is "this was cool in Ep1," and mostly, "this was cool in ep2." If he were a real Star Wars fan, whouldn't he be comparing ROTS to OT to make a judgement on if it lives up to "true Star Wars?"

Furthermore, I just read an article in Entertainment weekly, which says, through quotes from GL himself, that out of his prequel story, 60% was in Ep3, and 20% each were in Ep1 and Ep2. Lucas himself went on to say that MOST OF WHAT HE PUT INTO TPM and AOTC was FILLER to stretch the movies out to 2 hours lol....

Does that make them more truly Star Wars than Ep3???

chucktaylor
Im a LOTR fan and dont like SW very much but I thought Episode III was AMAZING!

Xam
sorry but the "nooooooo'' scene just didnt do it for me

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
I read it.... and you know what I noticed? From a "real Star Wars fan," the fellow NEVER ONCE cites anything from OT in his arguements. Everything he cites is "this was cool in Ep1," and mostly, "this was cool in ep2." If he were a real Star Wars fan, whouldn't he be comparing ROTS to OT to make a judgement on if it lives up to "true Star Wars?"

Furthermore, I just read an article in Entertainment weekly, which says, through quotes from GL himself, that out of his prequel story, 60% was in Ep3, and 20% each were in Ep1 and Ep2. Lucas himself went on to say that MOST OF WHAT HE PUT INTO TPM and AOTC was FILLER to stretch the movies out to 2 hours lol....

Does that make them more truly Star Wars than Ep3???

well said.

atila the great
bravo lazer

atila the great
who are the wookies? the planet? wha????

ok lucas put kashyyyk to please the fans that have been bitchin' about not having some wookie love in the last two films.

it's like bitchin' about who is the wampa? are there more wampas? do they all eat taun tauns?, there's a big freaking story going on pal!!! pay attention

Camo Di Mass
If I compare the cool stuff in Ep II and Ep III ...Ep III would sooo kick Ep II ass ...

Lazerlike42
maybe it's SuperShadow lol

atila the great
the lack of beautiful scenes? what about when obi wan's battle ships leave the dock after saying goobye to anakin? that was 10 time better put that lando's "would you get going you pirate" and then dissapearing into a shadow

The Ones
im a HUGE STAR WARS FAN and im going to see it this evening for the first time (i know but stupid school kept me from going the last 2 days and stupid parents are watching football today so it kept me from going earlier). but ive read every spoiler, seen every pic, every clip and every review. i dont think ill be let down. and i cant beleive i read everything that penis wrote. what a waste of seconds

finti
well SW fans are divided into two camps. Those who get all who are merchandise freaks into all the EU books and all then there are those who are canon only (Just consider the movies as the true SW). I am the latter and I am old enough to have seen and experienced the pure magic the premiere of ANH created back in 1977 . In my opinion none of the prequels are anything close to the the OT. The OT was pure magic the PT is not..but then again they are aimed at an age group far younger than me...........I just watched the PT films cause I really am a huge Star Wars fan. Phantom Menace was really really bad, Attack was a bit better but also bad, Revenge of the Siths well great effects but overall I gave the film a 3 out of 10. Things you were waiting for because of events in TPM and AOTC where left out or they were just added as "oh we almost forgott this" kind of scene.
Im glad that people enjoyed ROTS, I wasnt one of them though even so I have seen it 3 times and going for the 4th later on today........its just a Star Wars thing

Ripe
im a RIDICULOUSLY HARDCORE starwars fan and i thought it was AMAZING!!! seen it 3 times already

amity75
Originally posted by Ripe
im a RIDICULOUSLY HARDCORE starwars fan So am I and I don't care what kind of person EPIII was made for. What I DO know is that I'll still be watching and enjoying this movie in 50 years time.

tkitna
I was a tad underwhelmed with this movie, but then again, I thought ep2 was the best flick of the entire 6. I think I was going into it waiting to be blown away, but nothing grabbed me and made me say 'Holy Crap'. What answers did the movie give that you didnt already know going in?

It was good. Just not great.

Eleonora
FROM A HARDCORE FAN...

THIS SW MOVIE IS LOST BETWEEN TRYING TO PLEASE THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND SW FANS...BUT THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHICH MAKES SW COOL THAT'S IN THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!

LUCAS SPENT TOO MUCH TIME CREATING TONS OF STUFF FOR THIS FILM, BUT NOT ENOUGH TIME ON ONE SINGLE THING TO MAKE IT COOL!!!! THERE IS NOTHING HERE THAT DESERVES THE NAME STAR WARS, BECAUSE STAR WARS SHOULD = COOL STUFF!

EP II WAS GREAT! IT TOTALLY ABANDONED THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN TERMS OF CREATING A FOLLOWABLE PLOT, CHARACTERS TO CARE ABOUT, ETC...AND IT WAS A FLOP IN THAT SENSE...

BUT IT STILL HAD THAT SW MAGIC!!! AND IT WAS FULL OF WONDER AND ENERGY, AND IMAGINATIVE NEW CHARACTERS AND WORLDS THAT WE ACTUALLY GOT A CHANCE TO KNOW (UNLIKE IN THIS MOVIE)!!!

WE LOVE STAR WARS BECAUSE OF THE WORLD LUCAS HAS CREATED, BECAUSE IT'S FULL OF COOL STUFF! FOR IT'S BEAUTY, IT'S EXCITEMENT, IT'S IMAGINATION...NOT BECAUSE WE'RE GONNA GET A GREAT PLOT AND BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCES... BUT BECAUSE JEDIS WILL FLY THROUGH A PLANE OF GLASS TO GRAB ONTO AN AIRBORNE ASSASIN DROID! THAT'S COOL!

BUT...

Was there ONE really good COMPLETE action sequence in this whole movie ??? (ex. Geonosis arena scene, speeder chase through Coruscant in epII, podrace scene in epI).

Was there ANYTHING that was really cool that you couldn't wait to go back and see again the next day (ex. seismic charges, the royal starship blwoing up in epII)

Was there ONE really beautiful scene that was wonderous to look at (ex. the royal starship hovering over the clouds of couscant, making it's approach in ep II, the Gungan city in in ep I)?

This film was fairly well put together in terms of how Anakin slowly fell to the dark side, what Sidious' part was in all of it, and how exactly Anakin became Vader. BUT THAT STUFF HAD TO BE GOOD!

UNFORTUENATELY THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE THAT WAS DONE WITH AS MUCH CARE AS THAT STUFF! THERE IS NO REAL CLIMAX IN THIS MOVIE BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS, SO A GOOD FILMAKER WOULD MAKE SURE THE REST OF THE MOVIE HAS SOME REALLY KICK ASS STUFF IN IT...BUT IT DIDN'T!!!!!! JUST TALKING AND SHOOTING AND MORE TALKING AND MORE SHOOTING. THIS FILM MADE ME FEEL EMPTY!

This is why it sucked...

ex) WHY WAS THE OBI-WAN/ GRIEVOUS CHASE SCENE JUST CUT IN HALF!!? IT TOTALLY LOST MOMENTUM RIGHT WHEN IT STARTED TO GET GOING?

WHY WASN'T THERE A GOOD BUILD UP TO THE KASHYYK BATTLE SCENE (ex. build up to hoth battle scene, or build up to the Geonosis arena scene...which is what increases the intensity). THERE WAS NO FORM TO IT, OR ANY OF THE BATTLE SCENES FOR THAT MATTER. WE JUST SEEMED TO BE THROWN INTO BATTLE SCENE AFTER BATTLE SCENE WITH NO EXPLANATION OR CLEARITY OF WHO'S INVLOVED, WHAT IS GOING ON, AND WHAT IS AT STAKE!!! (and remember, we are the minority of movie goers who already have a heads-up on all this stuff).

AND WHY WASN'T THERE ANYTHING EXCITING OR CLEVER IN ANY OF THE ACTION SCENES. IS BRUSHING SOME LEECHY DROIDS OFF ONE VEHICLE WITH THE WING OF ANOTHER VEHICLE ECXITING?????!!!!! THAT WAS ONE OF THE ONLY CAREFULLY THOUGHT OUT SCENES OF ACTION IN THE WHOLE FILM...LAME!

MOST EVERYTHING ELSE WAS JUST THINGS FLYING AROUND, SHOOTING EACHOTHER. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THESE VEHICLES ARE, WE DON'T GET A GOOD LOOK AT ANY OF THEM...FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, SOMETIMES I WAS LIKE "WHICH ONES ARE THE GOOD GUYS AND WHICH ONES ARE THE BAD GUYS!!!!!

Point #2 - Wayyyyy too many different vehicles, species, locations for us to get any real appreciation of them.

ex).WHO ARE THE WOOKIES? I STILL DON'T KNOW. WHAT IS THEIR PLANET LIKE? HOW DO THEY LIVE? WHY EXACLTY HAVE THEY AGREED TO HELP OUT? (APART FROM THE YODA CONNECTION)

WE KNOW WAYYYY TOO MUCH ABOUT EWOKS BUT NOTHING ABOUT WOOKIES!!!!!WHAT DO THE WOOKIES FLY? WHAT WAS THAT?

Point #3 - Lucas, decide on who you're making this movie for. In most people's eyes, The Phantom Menace didn't deliver. It was a failure in the sense that it had to create a whole new genereation of Star Wars fans, and it didn't (Don't know if you're aware, but Star Wars was loved by EVERYBODY in the 80's). But it had to do the job of setting up the rest of the prequels so...

Attack of the Clones was great because it delivered for Star Wars fans...CORUSCANT SPEEDER CHASE, JANGO AND OBI WAN BATTLES ON KAMINO AND IN NEAR GEONOSIS, GEONOSIS ARENA SCENE, CLONTROOPERS VS. DROIDS, JEDIS VS DOOKU SCENES, AND LOTS OF OTHER COOL STUFF HEAR AND THEIR...REALLY WELL DONE AND JUST THE KIND OF COOL STUFF STAR WARS FANS WANNA SEE!!! I'VE SEEN THAT FILM A BILLION TIMES. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

IS ALL WE GET THAT WE REALLY WANNA SEE IN EPIII THE FINAL LUGHTASABER DUEL? (WHICH LOOKED CHEAP AS HECK...WHAT'S WITH THAT LAVA?) THE SPACE BATTLE WAS KIND OF A LET DOWN. JUST THINK OF HOW WELL PLANNED OUT THE SPACE BATTLE IN 'A NEW HOPE' WAS. NOW WHAT WAS SO WELL PLANNED OUT ABOUT THIS?

So who was this film made for? Lucas wanted to please everyone by having a descent story, descent visuals, and a descent ending to the saga. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? DESCENT SUCKS!

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 6 FILMS, LUCAS MANAGED TO MAKE SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT IN THE LEAST BIT AMAZING!

HE HASN'T DONE A GOOD JOB OF PLEASING THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN THE PREQUELS SO FAR...SO WHY START NOW???

THERE WAS MORE DIOLOGUE AND STORY MAKING IN THIS FILM THAN THE LAST TWO FILMS COMBINED...AND FOR WHAT? WHO CARES??? THE GENERAL PUBLIC DOESN'T...THE FANS DON'T...YOU SCREWED UP GEORGE!!!

It just did what it had to do and no more. I NEVER thought I'd see a Star Wars movie that I couldn't wait for to end. I NEVER thought I'd see a Star Wars movie that I didn't wanna go see again the very next day. I NEVER thought I'd see a Star Wars movie where I just had yell 'BOO!' at, at the end.

Are you kidding me?

There's only one word to describe this guy..... ******* sick

Alaric45
This post is what we like to call a troll. Also anyone who posts in all CAPS is not right

ArynCrinn
This guy obviously has no idea what star wars is about...
I've loved star wars almost all my life...I have loved all the films...
This guy is just plain stupid.

mike_oxbig
the guy who posted that sucks off horses

SithKiller
As a little tike I was there for the original ANH ....the 7 o clock was sold out I remember.....so the ONLY thing I agree on with the creator of this thread is bout the space battle....(thought bout hoth battle and kashyyk battle but significance in the two battles were different so I dismissed that idea of his)I did wish to see a better space battle in Lucas' final movie.....the rest rocked...but still I wasnt disappointed really.....just would have liked to see...i dont know Lucas cant make everyone 100% happy though Im sure he made many that happy.....Lucas did okay I think the movie rocks rock Enough was left up to EU to have some fun and the rest we all got what we really needed to know and see sept for Gui-Gon gettin cut...lol

c00lio
You have to go back to the beginning to see the mistake here....Lucas decided in the 70's to follow Luke's Journey not Annikan's....he started in the middle of the journey and made a series of fun movies.....he told us the ultimate ending in ROTJ....

Episodes 1-3 all fail because we know the story....4-6 have been on TV and all who walk in the movie know the future....prequals dont work well.

If Lucas followed order we would have witnessed the growth of both Skywalkers....IN ORDER!!!!! Lucas decided the big moments would be Luke discovering Vader is his father and Vader killing the emperor.....not Annikan turning dark.....

What is really lost is how Obi One changed the fate of the universe.....he trained both Annikan and Luke....with help from Yoda....AND LET ANNIKAN LIVE!!!!!!! If you follow the story Obi is not a supporting role.....

THE MAIN BODY OF STAR WARS 1-6 is ANNIKAN FULFILLING HIS DESTINY!!!!! HE BALANCES THE FORCE>>>>NOT LUKE!!!!

I found myself rewriting the script while I was watching the movie....

Lucas also fails by completely revamping special effects in 1-3....R2D2 now hops around jumping in and out of ships....used to be hauled out by cranes in 4-6.....ships in 4-6 are boxy....1-3 are sleak and stealthy....

No character development...no real one liners.....

It is obvious that Lucas is trying to compete with Lord of the Rings but wants to try and keep the Harry Potter kids happy too.

If you look at the overall Star Wars....1-6...it is a magnificant story....it is too bad that Lucas opened the book and started reading it to us in the middle.....

Lazerlike42
There's plenty of good reason he started with 4... the most important of which being that "episode 1," 2, and 3 were just that.... "episode 1" in 1977. When he wrote the story in the 70s it was a thorough telling of episodes 4-6, that was all he had come up with. After he did this he came up with a very, very vague idea of a backstory to these events, then developed that idea into an actual story in the 90s.

tpaquin
Star Wars has sort of abandoned the "Art" part of movies over the years. Between ESB, and now, Lucas'(or what's-his-face's) shots have been stationary with people talking around them. For the first timesince empire, I felt that I was watching a really well-filmed movie. In that way, I guess it was more for the general public, but it has many, many beautiful scenes using simplicity of shot ratehr than churning aour a huge budget. Lucas has reclaimed his former glory and built on his integrity as a filmmaker in this movie.

The fans have been the biggest hardasses about the saga, and just to stuff it to us, he filmed this oe beautifully, and stuck Jar Jar in twice. His presence reminds us that this is George's movie, not ours.

Pogel
Ritalin is pretty good these days.

thechosenone738
Im a true true star wars fan and I think that all the movies were good in their own way because each followed a different path on the same story line. Episode I was there to show us the glory days of the republic and the jedi, Episode II brought about the threat of the dark side growing more and more as well as presenting certain things that would gradually lead to Anakin turning to the dark side and Episode III differed so much because it was the darkest of all the PT it showed how he was tempted and how the fall of the jedi as well as the republic came about all in all the PT movies work together in a sence to make Episode III just that good. I agree with everyone else this movie was schweet!

amity75
I've just watched TPM and, having yesterday seen ROTS, it is a much better film now the saga is complete. In fact TPM is a GREAT movie and I now think that AOTC is the weakest link in the saga.

ali236
The begining, and the flight into battle......

The freaking battle between Sidious, and Yoda?? Come on...Going back and forth from that battle and to Anakin and Obi-Wan...classic to me.

I wish Mance's battle with Siduous would have been a little more involved....Alot of the "more" powerful and skillful Jedi couldn't put up a fight, and I kind of wish Lucas would have at least had them put up more of a fight when Order 66 was passed.....

Overall I loved the movie, at the same time I feel there is alot cut, and hopefully the DVD will make up for it....To me, it's there with "Empire Strikes Back".

ANH was the first Movie I ever saw at 5, in theaters, and to see were it has come is amazing to me........I've seen it twice and will see it many, many more times! You can belive that! smile

Grand Moff Gav
the film is beyond you capacity EPIIIBITES

ali236
And Vader/Anakin does bring balance back into the force when he kills Sidious in EpVI......Your right on point.

darthvinss
Whatever this is old. I hope you guys appreciate my honesty.

I'm outa here...

"May the blah bla blah..

I enjoyed the whole movie at 1st sight but I must admit I share your opinions about Kashyyk and Grievous parts. Also at the end of the movie I was waiting a lot of "qui gon" scene and found that what Yoda said to Obi was too much troubling, not very explicite.
My very regret is also about the creation of Alliance, nothing about that !! Where is Mon Mothma ?? mad
I have lot of regrets but I'm gonna see tomorrow for the 2nd time and think I'll enjoy it more and more but I keep this details in mind and hope for a DVD edition with theses cutted scenes...

ArynCrinn
Sure some of the stuff could have been better... I could say the same for the original trilogy films. All movies have problems...
I think there was plenty of "cool stuff" and memorable moments in the movie, and the music was excellent.
The space battle... the jedi purge/order 66... THE DUEL... birth of vader... and grievous (and remember that grievous wasn't really in his best condition after the confrontation with mace in clone wars chapter 25).

ragesRemorse
FROM A HARDCORE FAN...

BUT...

This is why it sucked...

Are you kidding me?

Jesus christ, i forgot what i was going to say, my mind is lost in jibberish

GCG

True

What Greivous lacked was an in-depth of his character ; he didnt really live up to the 'Jedi Hunter' reputation.....it was more like an over rated charcter. I dont understand why he orders his henchmen to kill General Kenobi when it was said he craved for the killing of Jedi and taking their lightsabres as tokens besides it taking Obi-Wan a rather short time to dispose of his extremities confused

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by GCG
True

What Greivous lacked was an in-depth of his character ; he didnt really live up to the 'Jedi Hunter' reputation.....it was more like an over rated charcter. I dont understand why he orders his henchmen to kill General Kenobi when it was said he craved for the killing of Jedi and taking their lightsabres as tokens besides it taking Obi-Wan a rather short time to dispose of his extremities confused

dude, you read that?

was it interesting?

Torik_Shai
You mention that there's no one thing that you're dying to see again next time you see it. I don't know about everyone else, but that's because I was dying to see EVERYTHING again. The duels were amazing, especially the senate duel and the Mustafar duel. The backgrounds were breathtaking (including Kashyyyk, Utapau, Mustafar, and all the planets shown in the Order 66 montage. They were all fantastic). The space battle was fantastic as was the Grievous chase scene. Not to mention the epic scale of the film and the immense amount of emotion it carries. That's what Star Wars has always been about to me, so in my book this film fits right in.

jango fatt
This is the best SW after ROTJ

jerlark386
I dont think I agree with the original post. First off, anyone who types in all caps is a moron or an *******. EPIIIBITES leaves the burden of proof on other posters rather than really stating any concrete reasoning in his post. The film I think achieves its main goal and that is to show the transition of Anakin to Vader. As for lack of beautiful or breathtaking scenes. ??? Are you serious? The action sequences could easily be the best of year. Few duels outmatch the one between Anikin and Obi Wan. If theres a single movie out there right now that puts these fights to shame please point me to it. As for the wookies, they dont really determine which the force is going do they? The space battle was meant to be chaotic. The movies does begin in the middle of it doesnt it? Do you really want to see just one vehicle type during the whole movie or something? Maybe all the bad guys should have neon lights on them that say "Dark Side". Cleverness can be seen by clever people, which apparently EPIIIBITES is not. Who can miss the irony and lesson taught in this movie? Dont let people like EPIIIBITES turn you over the darkside. Hatred blinds reason. Think about it. Does any reasonable person type in all caps. No. Therefore EPIIIBITES is a snake and not to be listened to.

Darth Nazgul
Im I star Wars fan i thought it rocked....Im a hardcore fan... what do mean was there was no awesome action scene? I thought Order 66 was pretty damn awesome

jango fatt
Yeah dramatic, sad and above all cool!

GCG
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
dude, you read that?

yep

Originally posted by ragesRemorse

was it interesting?

uhhhh ; In a nutshell :
What the movie turned out to be for EPIIIBITES was far less as he had expected. He seems a bit pessimistic.

ArynCrinn
People need to realise that grievous was still in bad shape from chapter 25 of the clone wars. If you got crushed in the chest would you want to fight people? I don't think so. No matter how much you enjoyed it.

finti
people are entitled to their opinion on the matter of EP III being good or bad, calling people stupid cause they actually disliked the film is the only stupid act here though.

Robin Darkside
thats democracy for you

JediMasterRetro
The film was awesome and yes there are some things that the movie when watching it you thought would turn up but thye didnt but overall it was fantastic I really loved the light sabre battles and Order 66 was the most amazing scene to date

DeadStar
his caps lock button seems to be stuck

starmovie-jaina
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge fan, saw it Thursday morning

The first time i saw it i was with a couple of friends i drgged them along they had not seen any of the others and but thought this was cool... i was like... what was that - it was crap! the only thing i liked was the music and that was inevitable John Williams is great

Saw it again with my family on Sat, removedmyself from it, decided to just sit there and i was really taken away... i thought that it became an artistic impression of the suffering we all endure through love. It was space ballet, not like the origional StarWars but nothing is.

Watch it as a piece of art, not as the greatest film ever... then its beautiful

EPIIIBITES
THE KING OF CAPS IS BACK!!!

Ok I'm a newbie and I thought all caps would be kinda funny. Didn't know I'd get nailed to the wall for it...or for just being honest and speaking my mind.

Listen up, friends. Here's the long and the short of it.

I'm not a Star Wars fan, because Star Wars fans are the kinda people who would love it if George Lucas blew his nose and sold the tissue as a comic book.

I'm a fan of good films, and especially Star Wars films.

You know what? After the Matrix III came out, all the Matrix fans were like, THAT'S THE BEST MOVIE EVERRRRRR!!!! on their little Matrix fan site....and we all know how unbelievably abismal a film that was...if you don't agree, then stop reading.

So I'm afraid that I'm not talking to fans of good filmaking, or even of good Star Wars films, just fans of Star Wars, who, just like the Matrix fans, will like anything Star Wars because it's Star Wars.

So, sorry, maybe I should be in a filmakers forum and not in a "STAR WARS RULES, AND EVERYBODY WHO THINKS OTHERWISE IS A MORON" forum.

And as for the guy who said I didn't refernce the OT...dude get serious, that'd be like missing the point. The OT is golden, and there's no comparison to be made. The only thing I can compare this piece of crap too is the other two, "cooler" pieces of crap.

BRING IT...

DeVi| D0do
Dude, I seriously have no idea where you're coming from.

I too am a fan of good films... I agree that the Matrix sequels are beyond crap.

I do not love anything Star Wars. In fact, I hope the TV series fails miserably it's such a bad idea.

Episode III is miles (kilometers, whatever) better than Episodes I and II.

Those films suck serious arse compared to this one. And, in my opinion, this film sucks serious arse compare to the OT.

I can honestly not see how you think this film is worse than the previous prequels...

confused

Obiwalker08
ive seen it twice in theaters and both times i started to cry when mundi was betrayed...i dont know any 'general public' person that would do that. during the rest on the movie i was fighting back tears knowing what was actually going on...it takes me back to the theaters in '77

EPIIIBITES
To reiterate a couple points...

In Ep. 1 and 2 we got to get a good feel for new characters, new planets, new vehicles.

The way Star Wars captured people's imagination is by introducing a new, wonderous world and making it make a wierd kinda sense.

We met the Kaminoans, the Geonosians, Podracers, the creatures in the Geonosis colisseum scene...just to name a few. All introduced with care and elaborated on. We got to go in a Corusnat dinner for crying out loud. A world was created!

WHAT THE HECK DID THE AUDIENCE GET A FEEL FOR IN THIS FILM! NOTHING. 'CAUSE IT WAS THERE AND GONE IN A FLASH! JUST A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT SETTINGS, DIFFERENT CREATURES, DIFFERENT THINGS FLYING AROUND AND BLOWING UP BEFORE YOU CAN SAY...WHAT THE HECK WAS I JUST LOOKING AT!

THE ONLY REASON YOU GUYS LIKE IT IS BECAUSE YOU KNEW WHAT IT WAS 3 MONTHS BEFORE THE FILM CAME OUT... BECUASE YOU'RE "STAR WARS FANS."

HORRIBLE FILMAKING!

But I understand you guys like Star Wars, you don't care about good moviemaking and that's what this thread is about...this is a bad film.

LandoSpeeder2
as JP would say "b!tching about it ain't gonna make it better"

DeVi| D0do
I completely and utterly disagree.

The reason I feel this is a better film is that it is NOT just about "introducing a new, wonderous world and making it make a wierd kinda sense."

That's not what Star Wars is to me. And that's NOT what makes the OT the masterpiece it is.

In my opinion your idea of great filmmaking is horrible!

This film doesn't rely on new locations and characters like the others do. This one has emotion.

EPIIIBITES
...as are Epsodes I and II (bad movies), but at least I got to play in GL's world for acouple hours.

I didn't have a chance to even explore the playground in this one.

too much junk!

LandoSpeeder2
how old are you btw?

DeVi| D0do
As I've said before, you and I have very different opinions on what good films are.

There's no point trying to argue with you I know I can't change your mind.

I still completely disagree with you though.

mike_kenobi
i am a die hard star wars fan. i waited in line for 12 hours to see rots and it was sooo worth it. i do agree that the wookies should havfe been in there more but i still loved evey detail about that movie

EPIIIBITES
I completely and utterly disagree.

The reason I feel this is a better film is that it is NOT just about "introducing a new, wonderous world and making it make a wierd kinda sense."

That's not what Star Wars is to me. And that's NOT what makes the OT the masterpiece it is.

In my opinion your idea of great filmmaking is horrible!

This film doesn't rely on new locations and characters like the others do. This one has emotion.

OK There's emotion, and there's EMOTION.

Armageddon had emotion, but then so did Return of the King. Can you really compare the two?

Creating emotion in these kinds of movies is hard to do...and I don't think any serious filmaker out there is convinced George Lucas can do it anymore.

SO HE SHOULD STICK TO WHAT HE DOES BEST...TAKING US THROUGH A HIGH SPEED CHASE AROUND CORUSCANT AT NIGHT!!!

DeVi| D0do
I disagree.

But like I said I'm not going to argue on this with you. There's no point.

Bye.

jerlark386
We all have our biases, ofcourse. It is certainly possible that every star wars fan is a huge idiot and that EPIIIBITES is ofcourse the only smart person in this forum. Im not even that huge a star wars fan, myself. I dont go out buy action figures, book, or other star wars junk. But if anyone whos come to a stars war III forum and rips on star wars expects anything but to get nailed to a wail is a moron. It would be like if I entered a Linux forum and said "Linux sux, windows rock". What do you expect? As for the film, yes there are areas it could use improvement. The story/concept is'nt terrible, but the plot and the way the film conveys characters does'nt do it much justice. Plot holes yes. Unexplained motives yes. Terrible movie, no. Best movie in the world, certainly not. EPIIIBITES idiot, yes. And yes 70% of my judgement of you is based on the fact that you use caps. You remind me too much of a spammer, which I hate with passion. In fact if I could throttle you...

EPIIIBITES
Cya.

But really. This is what it comes down to...

The very first shot in Empire Strikes Back where you see a lone Star Destroyer just sitting there, has more gravity and carries more filmaking magic than a SINGLE shot in Ep. III.

If you can't tell the difference between a well crafted shot like that, and rushed special effects thrown into a movie just to carry the story along, then I would hate to say that you don't know what makes Star Wars the quality franchise that it is.

thanks for the jousting!

DeVi| D0do
ok, now, I completely agree with what you just said.

The smartest thing you've said in this whole thread.

big grin

EPIIIBITES
Wow this Caps thing is like a big deal to you guys...kinda freaky!

EPIIIBITES
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MEAN SOMETHING!

I'M NOT A TOTAL MORON!

I HAVE ACHIEVED...RECOGNITION!!!!!!

smoker4
sleep

jerlark386
Yes. CAPS is a big deal.Its the computer equivalent of yelling. Maybe if everyone STARTING TYPING ALL CAPS YOU UNDERSTAND THE ANNOYANCE. Its callous people like you that are responsible for sypware and various other computer annoyances. Like I really want to burdened with your crap. Why can't you just typed properly like a civilized person. Do you hate us all? Is that it? In the long run the only thing your post did was provoke. Was'nt that your original intention? Dont be surprised if it works.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by jerlark386
Yes. CAPS is a big deal.Its the computer equivalent of yelling. Maybe if everyone STARTING TYPING ALL CAPS YOU UNDERSTAND THE ANNOYANCE. Its callous people like you that are responsible for sypware and various other computer annoyances. Like I really want to burdened with your crap. Why can't you just typed properly like a civilized person. Do you hate us all? Is that it? In the long run the only thing your post did was provoke. Was'nt that your original intention? Dont be surprised if it works.

What. Now I'm a hacker?

IT'S A CAPS BUTTON! I'M NOT MAD! I'M HAVING A BLAST! I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING OFFENSIVE OR BLASPHEMED ANYONE IN THIS WHOLE, ENTIRE THREAD...WHICH EVERYONE HAS WITH ME!

Sorry if caps mean so much to you...I won't use them if they bother you...this is seriously the first time I've been in a forum.

EPIIIBITES
...but Ep III still does bite!

jerlark386
"I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING OFFENSIVE OR BLASPHEMED ANYONE IN THIS WHOLE" -- EPIIIBITES

I'm sorry friend, but that just is'nt true. First off, you used caps. Second, yes you did piss people off, but you obviously dont pay any attention to replies. Thirdly, you clearly dont care about solutions , you just wanna *****, *****, *****, moan, moan, moan.
If anyone disagrees with this, I am welcome to argument.

bib_fortuna
i really just wanna start a new thread where we all just talk about what a jerk this guy is ... he saw the movie like today and then purposely went searching for a forum to join just to put the movie down and piss us all off, that's low. he's probably a jealous Star Trek fan ... anyway, the movie is great and that is all i'm going to say. if you don't like it, don't see it anymore and certainly don't buy it so that there's enough for us REAL fans. AND DON'T START ANYMORE THREADS!!! (and don't type in all caps ... =) thank you.)

bib_fortuna
OK There's emotion, and there's EMOTION.

Armageddon had emotion, but then so did Return of the King. Can you really compare the two?

Creating emotion in these kinds of movies is hard to do...and I don't think any serious filmaker out there is convinced George Lucas can do it anymore.

SO HE SHOULD STICK TO WHAT HE DOES BEST...TAKING US THROUGH A HIGH SPEED CHASE AROUND CORUSCANT AT NIGHT!!!

The fine Mr. Lucas has been making me feel emotion since the first time you hear Binary Sunset (Luke's Theme) on Tatooine in EP iv, and this movie was no different. hell, if he can get Hayden Christiansen to do some good acting and make me cry, then the man has done nothing wrong. i may be female, but i don't cry easy and i cried most of the way through this one. You are a not nice person who needs to join another forum.

Robin Darkside
Originally posted by bib_fortuna
i really just wanna start a new thread where we all just talk about what a jerk this guy is ... he saw the movie like today and then purposely went searching for a forum to join just to put the movie down and piss us all off, that's low. he's probably a jealous Star Trek fan ... anyway, the movie is great and that is all i'm going to say. if you don't like it, don't see it anymore and certainly don't buy it so that there's enough for us REAL fans. AND DON'T START ANYMORE THREADS!!! (and don't type in all caps ... =) thank you.)

I agree, he's probably a trekky who should beam himself out of here.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by jerlark386
"I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING OFFENSIVE OR BLASPHEMED ANYONE IN THIS WHOLE" -- EPIIIBITES

I'm sorry friend, but that just is'nt true. First off, you used caps. Second, yes you did piss people off, but you obviously dont pay any attention to replies. Thirdly, you clearly dont care about solutions , you just wanna *****, *****, *****, moan, moan, moan.
If anyone disagrees with this, I am welcome to argument.

Are the words "this is the first time I've been in a forum" something hard to understand?

I honestly didn't know using caps was as bad as giving the Queen the finger. I thought it was funny.

And I reiterate. I haven't "said" anything rude during this whole thread.

You guys are sooooo rude...but I just think it's funny. I don't care.

It's amazing that you say there are people who I've pissed off because I didn't like a movie.

Man, I'm never not gonna like a movie again!! Maybe then people won't call me every name in the book!

...it still sucks.

adele2k5
i myself enjoyed all the starwars movies and cannot pick faults with any of them they are different to each other and they all tell a unique story that paints the whole story of anakin skywalkers fall from grace abd his redepmention. however i feel that esp 3, 5 6 were my faves. but i think people want the new ones to be like the olds one however times have chnaged and they have to live up to movies such as lord of the rings. personally i believe if both trilories were done in the same time space they would of all or most been smash hits.

Robin Darkside
thats right

EPIIIBITES
Ok. I said I wouldn't use caps because now I know they bother some people

...but someone just said "I'm not a nice person" because I thout EpIII didn't have emotion!!!!

Wow!

It's pretty clear to see the kind of company I'm surrounded with...people who form opinions on someone because they used caps!...wow, what's this world coming too?

Anyway, I won't bother you fine people any longer. It was fun!

...Seacrest out!

koolruningz
Man, I'm never not gonna like a movie again!! Maybe then people won't call me every name in the book!

What book have you got? cause i can think of loads more. wink Seriously though everyone knows how you feel about the movie and in turn you must have a fair idea about the general consensus here. That said after so many pages of repeating the same thing peoples patience starts to wear a little thin, especially as jerlark386 rightly said if you are on a Star Wars fan site and ripping a movie that is already hailed as a masterpiece by most. You have made your arguments but that is just your opinion, you must let others have theirs to.

EPIIIBITES
I repeat...

Ok. I said I wouldn't use caps because now I know they bother some people

...but someone just said "I'm not a nice person" because I thout EpIII didn't have emotion!!!!

Wow!

It's pretty clear to see the kind of company I'm surrounded with...people who form opinions on someone because they used caps!...wow, what's this world coming too?

Anyway, I won't bother you fine people any longer. It was fun!

...Seacrest out!

koolruningz
Ok, bye then.

Darth_Nefarus
He's right guys, there wasn't any emotion in Episode 3. No despair or heatbreak when Obi-Wan saw that Anakin had killed the younglings, or when he left Anakin for dead. Or when Anakin screamed I hate you at Obi-Wan.

There was no pain in Yoda when he felt the death of all the younglings, and fellow Jedi.

And Sidious, he was just unconvincing.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>