Why is Exar Kun's Sith lightsaber blue?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth L. Dipsit
Just Curious. Any other non-red Sith blades, by the way?

Kiu Dun
I think it's Red.....

Youp your right its blue.

Darth L. Dipsit
Yeah. By the way, I read your new story, Kiu Dun, and it rocks - first time I've talked to you is now though. Rox00r. But seriously, can anyone answer the original question? Why the HELL is this blade blue? I mean, this could not have been a weapon that he had in his possession as a Jedi. The technical name is SITH lightsaber. What is the deal here?

Kiu Dun
I'm also a pimp with stories. cool

I think he had it carried over from his Jedi days and never bothered to get a new one.

Darth L. Dipsit
All right, but I don't think the Jedi Order would be cool with Kun having forbidden Sith weapons. Unless he simply took two regular sabers and attached them. But I don't think it's that simple. Plus that sounds too haphazard for a badass like Kun. Why wasn't this ever addressed, though, by Lucas or anything? When you think about it, there's gotta be a story behind that lightsaber. Thanks for tapping in, Kiu Dun. Keep me posted if anything new about this comes up. Also, I would like to hear the point of view of guys like Fishy, Nefarus, Janus, and Jackstain. Any chance of some opinions from you guys? Is this interesting to consider?

Kiu Dun
lol they're probably asleep. Well, Kun was the one who invented the Double Bladed Lightsaber, so it was not considered a forbidden Sith weapon. But after his time, the Jedi Order actually used them.(Apparent with the Brutes who protect the Jedi Temple). So he probably did have that weapons as a Jedi or he had no way of making a synthetic crystal and settled with using his blue one from his first lightsaber.

Darth L. Dipsit
You are totally 100% correct. I just checked it out. Thank you for enlightening me with that seamless logic. Kiu Dun U ROCK. However I also want to see if this interests the others - I don't know if anyone's really thought about it before, and I want to see what everyone's got to say.

SnakeEyes
Somebody has a crush on Kiu Dun...

Darth L. Dipsit
Hahaha! SnakeEyes rox too! I almost fell off my chair. But seriously, SnakeEyes, what do you think about Exar's Sith blade being blue? Get back to me.

Darth L. Dipsit
Janus - what do you think?

Darth_Janus
Me? I knew you'd ask. I'm guessing it was his preference. The ideaof red standing for Sith is something that actually should have developed after the Battle of Ruusan, when Bane came to power. Red lightsabers are made by Ruusan crystals, which the Sith had in abundance. I think if this is the case, as I had believed, only post-Ruusan Sith should use red blades. KOTOR breaks the continuity by having Revan with a red blade and Malak, unless there is some other reason. Ruusan crystals in game mechanics give bonuses to wisdom and charisma, two traits for Force power usage. Perhaps such crystals radiate the death of planet Ruusan and give the Sith darker powers. Who knows? But yes, Kun uses blue. Why? Who's gonna tell him not to. That's why!

Wanderer259
Exar was formerly of the Jedi Order, right? Well, then it was probably a blue lightsaber he used while in the Order. Why bother to change it just because he embraced the Dark Side? In Ep III, Anakin didn't bother to change his lightsaber's crystal; such a thing probably takes time. I realize Exar probably invented the double-bladed lightsaber before he left the Order, but there's also the fact that Bastila and other Jedi used the double-bladed, so it's possible he invented it while in the Order. And if not... well, why bother to change something you're used to or something you like?

Darth Revan33
In the star wars universe I don't have an answer. In our universe, because EU is not limited by the color stereotype of blue or green for light side and red for dark side (with the exception of General Grievous and Mace of course.) In EU, it is not too uncommon for dark Jedi to have non-red lightsabers or good jedi to have red lightsabers, in both books and games, though mostly books. I personally hate the lack of variety in the movies.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
...Also, I would like to hear the point of view of guys like Fishy, Nefarus, Janus, and Jackstain....

Awww. What about me?

Anyway, he probably didn't have the time to change it. And since Jedi are praticlay married to their lightsabers, he liked the one he had and didn't feel like a divorce.

Jedi Master DJC
Mace Windu's was purple because Sam Jackson wanted a different color for his saber. Was the purple saber ever addressed in the books? Anyone?

Fishy
He just didn't feel like replacing a crystal... Exar was lazy

Naga Sadow
LOL, nah, he wasnt lazy.

Well, exar modified his lightsaber after leaving the order. Before, he had a single blade, and when he turned to the dark side, he felt like he wants more power to his saber, and made the hilt only slightly longer, so it was longer then normal saber, yet shorter then other double bladed sabers. Now considering the color. Like Janus said Kotor kinda destroys this theory, but i think its the more valid one: Well, at that time, lightsabers werent made out of the usual crystals, they used some kinda shell or something like that, so basicly they just didnt have red blades.

Kun-ni Habeo
well anakin becomes a sith and still carries his blue saber

Darth Revan33
That's true. Don't worry Glentract, I feel left out too.

Darth L. Dipsit
Don't think I respect you less. You know better than that, Revan and Glentract. I've seen how good your posts are. My reasons for saying that seemingly offensive comment were:
1. I have not spoken to Jackstain yet.
2. Fishy and the others hadn't posted for a while - I made another post about this.

So, I don't respect you any less than Fishy, for example, at all - I just wanted these guys to wake up. If you hadn't posted for a while you would have been among them. See?

Apology forgiven?

Sodo
Originally posted by Fishy
He just didn't feel like replacing a crystal... Exar was lazy

laughing

For real, though. Exar probably did carry it over from the Jedi days. OK, think of it this way:

Have a lightsaber that you have used forever and ever and it has been so faithful to you.

or

Get some new lightsaber that you have never used before made by your underlings.

Board Walker
The color of a saber does not equate to one being a sith or jedi, it is preference. Why is it blue? maybe Kun liked the color blue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.