Is "Sith" Oscar worthy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sparks
I see alot of you saying that Episode III is the best yet. Remember that the first Star Wars movie (ANH) was nominated for best picture, so if this one is better, who knows. Before "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" got that honor, I believed the Acadamy to be unwilling to recognize fantasy as being worthy. What do you think?

Captain REX
We shall see. I do suppose it warrants some sort of award.

Most Awards tend to award them to the entire Trilogy, much as they did with Return of the King. As good as Fellowship and Towers were, they didn't award all the awards till Return of the King was released.

DeVi| D0do
Best Picture?!?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

no.

The only thing this film has a chance at winning is VFX. And there will be stiff competition for that.

It will be nominated only for technical awards. I gaurantee that.

Morning_Glory
no

Lord of the Rings was way better than Star Wars.. but ROTS was definetly way better than the first 2 prequels.. to bad the first 2 prequels couldnt have bee this good

Sparks
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Best Picture?!?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

no.

The only thing this film has a chance at winning is VFX. And there will be stiff competition for that.

It will be nominated for only technical awards. I gaurantee that.

I don't know...They've chosen crap for best picture before. Not that I think "Sith" is crap by any stretch. But do you remember "Titanic"?

Morning_Glory
Titanic.. is completely differen than a Star Wars movie... erm

there is really no comparing

bILLYgOAT
those of us who have followed this film for so long don't care for awards
we just want the circle to be complete

DeVi| D0do
The academy doesn't like Star Wars...

A New Hope was a good film. And not only that it was a good film film... if that makes any sense. That's why it was nominated.

I think it'll be a cold day in hell when ROTS is nominated for Best Picture.

Captain REX
Not really. no expression

Should have read more carefully...

No, ROTS wouldn't get Best Picture. Not THAT great. Best Picture movies usually are some of the greatest things ever, or make you very emotional, or want to kill yourself... stick out tongue

Sparks
Originally posted by bILLYgOAT
those of us who have followed this film for so long don't care for awards
we just want the circle to be complete

I was seven years old in 1977 when I first saw SW.

"Only Sith deal in absolutes."

Sparks
Originally posted by Sparks
I don't know...They've chosen crap for best picture before. Not that I think "Sith" is crap by any stretch. But do you remember "Titanic"?

My point was that Titanic was crap and it won.

Captain REX
Heh...

Sparks
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
Titanic.. is completely differen than a Star Wars movie... erm

there is really no comparing
meant to quote this one...oh well

obi_wans_beard
Visual effects it is definately in with a shout, although Sin City was hugely impressive the whole film was pretty much cgi! To be honest I think so far Sin City would be my vote for film of the year!

Whoops repeating words in the same sentence, well to be fair Star Wars marathons are pretty exhausting roll eyes (sarcastic)

Morning_Glory
Titanic wasnt really crap... it was a huge movie

DeVi| D0do
That movie makes me physically sick.

Morning_Glory
erm

StaR_WarS_4LiFE
i don't care about the awards it wins, ROTS was more a movie for star wars fans, others that watch just think it's ok, but that's it!!!

finti
oscar for special effects maybe, but thats all

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.