Just A General Query

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syren
How popular do you think the poetry section is and is it a worthwhile addition to the forum as a whole?

Tassie
#1. Not everyone likes poetry, ofc, but, for those who do, this forum's been really worthwhile. It's obviously not as active as other forums, but it has its fair share of hits per day. smile I always thought having this forum was a wonderful idea^^

Syren
yes That's how I feel... poetry's a refined art, but I think every person has the ability to write. It's not about whether you can spell, be grammatically correct or whatever, more that you simply say what you feel, share those moments when you can't see how else to release the things affecting you inside and out.

Trickster
I do - but sometimes I regret that too many people only want criticism on their own work, and won't give it others'. They jus pos their poetry and leave, then expect comments. (Like me embarrasment)

But, yeah, I think it's a really good forum.

Syren
Constructive criticism is quite difficult to get right, I often find people will comment and sound extremely cruel when their true intention was for the poet to learn from the comments rather than be hurt by them erm

Trickster
No, I'm not criticising the critics - merely pointing out we don't have enough budding critics to criticise all the poems, nor ones that njoy every aspect of poetry.

OBLH comes to mind, with his disregard of anything sombre.

But, whilst we have too little critics, we have what seems an infinite amount of budding poets!

Syren
True that laughing out loud

OBLh is an irksome one, I do agree. But he does intrigue me roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ou Be Low hoo
I don't understand why so many people beg for honesty, but take offense when they get it! I find the empty platitudes that permeate this forum more offensive than concise criticism.

Coldfire
well I think this place is definitely worth it. You might think I'm so far from being a critic because I never critisize, but the truth is that I really haven't found many poems that I didn't like... So you can stop with the negative comments towards me in regards to that OBLH, thank you very much.....

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by Coldfire
You might think I'm so far from being a critic because I never critisize, but the truth is that I really haven't found many poems that I didn't like...

If this is the truth, then I suggest you go get yourself a copy of the Norton Anthology of Poetry. Then, come back when your opinion actually means something.

If the only thing you've ever eaten is sandpaper, how could you say whether it is good or not?

calvinNhobbes
And what makes your opinion more meaningful OBla Di Obla Do? Please enlighten this ignorant toadstool that can't see passed the smoke you blow in my face coming from your Hukka.

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by calvinNhobbes
And what makes your opinion more meaningful OBla Di Obla Do? Please enlighten this ignorant toadstool that can't see passed the smoke you blow in my face coming from your Hukka.

Well, let me see...My opinion is infinitely more meaningful as a result of my superior knowledge, exquisite wit and outrageous good-looks.

You have been enlightened, my fungus-affiliated, Y-front-sounding fop.

Trickster
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
Well, let me see...My opinion is infinitely more meaningful as a result of my superior knowledge, exquisite wit and outrageous good-looks.

You have been enlightened, my fungus-affiliated, Y-front-sounding fop.

None of which, unfortunately, can be proved online.

In fact, both your 'superior knowledge' and 'exquisite wit' only win out because people cannot be bothered to argue with you... stick out tongue

What I was saying that instead of crying out against the depression, just ignore it - best way to go.

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by Trickster
None of which, unfortunately, can be proved online.

In fact, both your 'superior knowledge' and 'exquisite wit' only win out because people cannot be bothered to argue with you...

Au contraire, mon petit enfant...Au contraire...I demonstrate my wit and knowledge on an almost daily basis. Plus, my fine, chiseled features are there for all the world to appreciate in the members pictures thread...

I'm trying to break those poor souls out of their self-absorbed reverie...Philanthropy is the nature of the game I play.

Too-da-loo...

calvinNhobbes

You have been enlightened, my fungus-affiliated, Y-front-sounding fop. Let me get this right. Your ego and vanity is what qualifies your opinion as worthwhile? Your answer reminds me of a tool and not the utilitarian type at that.

Fëanor
Originally posted by Syren
How popular do you think the poetry section is and is it a worthwhile addition to the forum as a whole? from the number of threads created - i would say it is quite popular

as for being worthwhile...that remains to be seen

i for one will not critique one's work unless asked - and even then with some trepidation..

Coldfire
Let me get this right. Your ego and vanity is what qualifies your opinion as worthwhile? Your answer reminds me of a tool and not the utilitarian type at that.

Exactly what I was thinking...

Ou Be Low hoo
Let me get this right. Your ego and vanity is what qualifies your opinion as worthwhile?

My ego is substantiated by my talent...Without it, my posts could be deemed arrogant. As for my perceived vanity, it is merely a sympton prescribed by those who are jealous of my blessings. Indeed,
your eyes are green and your food is mocked...eh, Monster?

I agree with your underlying sentiment, but not with your course of action. If people post poetry publicly, we are duty bound to pan and praise where plausible...If plebeian poets cannot accept this, then they should hide their precious poems in a poxy, private box.

Fëanor

I agree with your underlying sentiment, but not with your course of action. If people post poetry publicly, we are duty bound to pan and praise where plausible...If plebeian poets cannot accept this, then they should hide their precious poems in a poxy, private box.

while i cannot argue that point...unlike many, criticism whether constructive or not, is not always well received if that criticism is critical to their body of work...i for one prefer that if one were to critique my attempts at penning verbal reflections, that they truly be honest at whether they actually liked it or not

and not to continue on as to say: hey! it's awesome...

believe it or not, it's up to you to do so, but my skin is a lot thicker than one would think as i've had to endure far worse critiques at my artwork...

Ou Be Low hoo

DreamingWarrior
Firstly, please PLease PLEASE! keep this forum going. I dont have anywhere else to go to post my poetry,
Secondly, this is a great place to see new talent, old vets, and the unusual hodge-podge of unique ladies and gentlemen here.
Thirdly, as far as criticising goes, if done tactfully, it is not only constructive, but it shows others a better way to view poetry. If done rudely, it just becomes useless noise that is better ignored than argued over.
Lastly, Unfortunately, we do have every now and then a certain personality that pops up just to try to piss you off and make coming here a hassle. Brandino, OLBH, etc... the simplest way to stop this Holier-than-thou, my-S@#$-dont-stink, scheissekopffs is to utilize the wondrous ignore button. Once you have crossed the threshold from mildly amusing to eyebrow-raised nuisance, you should be ignored. This will save you all a great deal of irritation.

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by DreamingWarrior
Lastly, Unfortunately, we do have every now and then a certain personality that pops up just to try to piss you off and make coming here a hassle. Brandino, OLBH, etc... the simplest way to stop this Holier-than-thou, my-S@#$-dont-stink, scheissekopffs is to utilize the wondrous ignore button. Once you have crossed the threshold from mildly amusing to eyebrow-raised nuisance, you should be ignored. This will save you all a great deal of irritation.

Firstly, it is unfortunate that some people feel the need to mollycoddle others. This kind of personality is in desperate need of affection and goes around all the forums of the world being sychophantic in the inane belief that this is how the world works. When they are confronted with someone who doesn't conform to their puppy-love world view they cry foul and begin to flame the person. They fail to see the contradictory nature of their ways; Castigating someone as being 'holier-than-thou', whislt at the same time preaching a performance of pandering. Also, they see no contradiction in the act of complaining about someone's forthright view of a poem, whilst giving their own ignorant view on that person's self. These people are ignorant irritants that, while midly amusing at first, eventually become fleas that never leave the bed covers, eg. Bordom, DreamingWarrior, etc. I wouldn't recommend using the ignorant IGNORe button as these specimens must be observed, but never replicated. If we ignore the problem it doesn't go away, it simply festers like flies on shit.

calvinNhobbes
My ego is substantiated by my talent...Without it, my posts could be deemed arrogant. As for my perceived vanity, it is merely a sympton prescribed by those who are jealous of my blessings. Indeed,
your eyes are green and your food is mocked...eh, Monster?

Seriously, what makes you qualified? What is your talent? I have nothing to be green about, I have a very blessed life and have no need to compare lives.

Coldfire
Yeah I mean, what makes you so special that we are supposed to hang on to every word you say?? You may not have actually said that, but you suggest it in every post you make OBLH......

Ou Be Low hoo
Seriously, what makes you qualified? What is your talent? I have nothing to be green about, I have a very blessed life and have no need to compare lives.

Your actions belie the words of this post. If you were content you would not have turned this thread into a discussion about me. I find it quite flattering, but also a little embarassing. You can show your devotion to me in an appropriate thread, not one where we are discussing the nature of this forum.

Coldfire
Your actions belie the words of this post. If you were content you would not have turned this thread into a discussion about me. I find it quite flattering, but also a little embarassing. You can show your devotion to me in an appropriate thread, not one where we are discussing the nature of this forum.

You still didn't answer the question.....

Ou Be Low hoo
You still didn't answer the question.....

Play. Stop. Repeat. Play. Stop. Repeat. Play. Stop. Repeat.

I answered the question a few days ago. Thanks for coming out.

Coldfire
*sigh* Whatever then..... can we get back to the real discussion then??

calvinNhobbes
I was being nice just trying to understand your point of view. Now you have just shown how delusional you are. So since you can't respond as well as you do other times I will just have to assume your just having fun at my expense so forget it. It's not that important. As for getting one's opinion on poetry I think that some people just post to release some feelings and share some thoughts. Not everyone is looking for criticism. Those that are should be ready to get some suggestions or opinions they may not have thought of or agreed with. I think this forum is great. Some people like to poke fun and others have some good suggestions. It is up to the individual to sift ththrough what is important them.

Coldfire
Exactly.

It's a way for people to vent, and they've decided to share it with the rest of us. I have seen so many good poets come here, and its just really interesting to see what styles and forms other people use. This forum really is great.

Ou Be Low hoo
As for getting one's opinion on poetry I think that some people just post to release some feelings and share some thoughts. Not everyone is looking for criticism. Those that are should be ready to get some suggestions or opinions they may not have thought of or agreed with. I think this forum is great. Some people like to poke fun and others have some good suggestions. It is up to the individual to sift ththrough what is important them.

People who post poetry in PUBLIC forums are looking for responses, otherwise they would just keep their work private. Therefore, they should accept that not everyone will like their work.

I agree with the rest of what you say.

Syren
Glad to see the OTF is the only place where threads go off topic roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyone else care to actually answer the poll? big grin

NunYahBidness
Glad to see the OTF is the only place where threads go off topic roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyone else care to actually answer the poll? big grin this place is somewhat good, but to have to sift through all the mundane and morose poetry to find that one shed of something bright and refreshing is a daunting task.

Elessea
The forum is nice and I enjoy both writing and reading here...

But in a way, I do wish people would "criticize more" the "your poems great. I love it" gets really old. I mean, the purpose of sharing poems with others is to get there TRUE opinion of thier work, and not incesent flattery. I mena, to truely improve, one needs to know WHY something is good, not just that it is good. I mean, its nice to hear good things about your work, but after 25 replies of "good poem" it becomes hollow and meaningless.

Fëanor
Originally posted by Elessea

But in a way, I do wish people would "criticize more" the "your poems great. I love it" gets really old. I mean, the purpose of sharing poems with others is to get there TRUE opinion of thier work, and not incesent flattery. I mena, to truely improve, one needs to know WHY something is good, not just that it is good. I mean, its nice to hear good things about your work, but after 25 replies of "good poem" it becomes hollow and meaningless. i seriously doubt anyone wants their work critique truthfully. but, be that as it may...this thread does serve a purpose, but to an extant.

Coldfire
Originally posted by Elessea

But in a way, I do wish people would "criticize more" the "your poems great. I love it" gets really old. I mean, the purpose of sharing poems with others is to get there TRUE opinion of thier work, and not incesent flattery. I mena, to truely improve, one needs to know WHY something is good, not just that it is good. I mean, its nice to hear good things about your work, but after 25 replies of "good poem" it becomes hollow and meaningless.
But then again, there are those people who truly do like the poem... but they have no other words to say it except for "good poem" or "I liked it"

Ya Krunk'd Floo
But then again, there are those people who truly do like the poem... but they have no other words to say it except for "good poem" or "I liked it"

In the real world, those kind of people are called 'brainless sycophants'.

intoxicatedpoet

Syren
I definitely think that constructive criticism is beneficial, I post my poetry to ascertain whether it's satisfactory to the general viewing public, not simply to get praise... obviously I feel greatly touched when someone compliments my work but if there's something not quite right with a piece I'd rather know yes

Ya Krunk'd Floo
'Constructive criticism' is bullshit most of the time. Sometimes there's no specific reason a poem is shit, other than it's just shit.

It's ridiculous the amount of ass-stroking that goes on around here. I mean, it's all well and good if you're telling me that my poems are amazing, but people like (insert name here)!?!?! Come on...

Coldfire
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
In the real world, those kind of people are called 'brainless sycophants'.
Just because someone doesn't have the words to explain themselves, that makes them 'brainless sycophants'??? Some people are not as glib with words as you would like them to be, but doesn't mean they fit into that category....

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Just because someone doesn't have the words to explain themselves, that makes them 'brainless sycophants'??? Some people are not as glib with words as you would like them to be, but doesn't mean they fit into that category....

Unfortuantely for you, you are incorrect. You don't need to paint a portrait of words worthy of a thesaurus, but you do need to explain yourself and describe a poem/prose/picture better than 'nice', 'good' or 'I like it'. I'd rather eat cardboard than read the words of a dullard.

Obviously, you are very young, but as you grow-up you will find that people with empty platitudes are easily ignored.

Syophants - and those who tolerate them - are the scourge of the world.

Coldfire
Unfortuantely for you, you are incorrect. You don't need to paint a portrait of words worthy of a thesaurus, but you do need to explain yourself and describe a poem/prose/picture better than 'nice', 'good' or 'I like it'. I'd rather eat cardboard than read the words of a dullard.

Obviously, you are very young, but as you grow-up you will find that people with empty platitudes are easily ignored.

Syophants - and those who tolerate them - are the scourge of the world.
Yeah it's true anyone can put a string of words together, but on the tongues of many, these words sound false and practised...

How young do you think I am exactly??

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah it's true anyone can put a string of words together, but on the tongues of many, these words sound false and practised...

Huh?

How young do you think I am exactly??

Ooo, I don't know...Hmmm...Maybe 16 years, 77 days?...I don't know...It's a guess...

Coldfire
Huh?

Ooo, I don't know...Hmmm...Maybe 16 years, 77 days?...I don't know...It's a guess...
Nvm.....

Haha cheater! stick out tongue

Syren
Krunk, you really needn't put people down all the time, it's getting monotonous.

I agree that words such as 'it's nice' or 'I like it' leave a lot to be desired but is it really up to you to change the world?

Give it up honey, it's a total waste of effort and time... write some more poetry instead big grin

Coldfire
Krunk, you really needn't put people down all the time, it's getting monotonous.

I agree that words such as 'it's nice' or 'I like it' leave a lot to be desired but is it really up to you to change the world?

Give it up honey, it's a total waste of effort and time... write some more poetry instead big grin
I agree with you Syren big grin

NunYahBidness

Give it up honey, it's a total waste of effort and time... write some more poetry instead big grin it may be his goal to do so, however futile that attempt may be.

whether or not this forum serves any purpose, one can hope and that it not become some other place to come to in order to chat and talk about stuff not pertaining to poetry however bland the vast majority are(poetry).

Syren
I agree... when I asked Raz to create the poetry and prose forum I hoped that the result would be a good one big grin

Lana
I don't post my poetry very often, because I don't write very often -- I won't pretend that I'm that great at it, because it obviously isn't where my creative talents are the strongest (that would be visual arts). But I do like to occasionally post a poem that I've written. Everything I write is personal, though, and I write it for ME and frankly I don't care what anyone else thinks. If people like it, fine. If they don't, that's also fine. I don't expect everyone to like my poems.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Yo, it ain't like dat, m'lady. It's mo' of a case of tryin' to incite some riotin' in the current poetry going on around here. We need beautiful, mad, furious poetry, not dull, inspid, literary plodding.

If you write something like this:

Life? What? Who are you? Hello?
Death? When? Where are you? Goodbye?

or:

Why is life so cruel? I really hate my school!
Everyone thinks I'm such a fool,
Just because my mouth is full of drool.

...And then are told, "Wow! You're amazing! I think you should be published!", do you think that the person who receives such an accolade will feel the need to drastically get some originality, or will carry on plodding?

The floor is yours..

Syren
laughing out loud

You put forward an inspiring defense bluequeen

So I'm just going to nod, and smile, and be pretty. You may berate those who irk you, on the condition that you encourage those who earn it. This is my final word wink

Alpha Centauri
Not too bothered really.

If it wasn't here I wouldn't think "Man I wish I could share my work". It is, so I do and it's fun. Interesting too.

95% of what I post is made up as I'm replying, hardly any of it is my own pre-written work. That's a little too personal to share on here. Maybe one day.

-AC

Lana
Same here, and even the stuff I post here, which is pretty much all made up on the fly, is pretty damn personal.

But then again, everything artistic or creative that I make is something that's personal to me, I don't do something just for the sake of doing it.

DreamingWarrior
Hey, I gotta weigh in now... hahah sorry Lady Sy.

Krunk, or OLBH, as you are actin, get over yourself and off your high and f#@king mighty horse. You wanna talk sychophants?

How 'bout the folks that follow in the footsteps of others with the constant ridicule and warmongery, as you yourself have said:"a case of tryin' to incite some riotin' in the current poetry going on around here. We need beautiful, mad, furious poetry, not dull, inspid, literary plodding."

Guess what bub? That is your opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink. You don't like something? GOOD! That means you are forging your own path. Let others do the same. You don't have to let someone know that you think they are imbecilic pachydermical offal to let em know you didnt like their poem. You just gotta say "Hey, not that great man" and then without using lofty syntax let 'em know WHY. There is absolutely no need to be a dick. None. If you can talk as well as you type, and understand it, then you should have the mental faculty to express yourself reasonably, not as a raving p'tagh with no worries on someone else's heart. You have the right to expression, true, but so do the rest of us. Just try to be more human, less schweinhund, ok?

RANT=OFF

Syren
clapping

As pissed as I am at you for being unable to restrain yourself Warrior, I have to commend your intelligent approach there...

Now stop, guys, or I'll get very bratty mad

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by DreamingWarrior
Hey, I gotta weigh in now... hahah sorry Lady Sy.

Krunk, or OLBH, as you are actin, get over yourself and off your high and f#@king mighty horse. You wanna talk sychophants?

How 'bout the folks that follow in the footsteps of others with the constant ridicule and warmongery, as you yourself have said:"a case of tryin' to incite some riotin' in the current poetry going on around here. We need beautiful, mad, furious poetry, not dull, inspid, literary plodding."

Guess what bub? That is your opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink. You don't like something? GOOD! That means you are forging your own path. Let others do the same. You don't have to let someone know that you think they are imbecilic pachydermical offal to let em know you didnt like their poem. You just gotta say "Hey, not that great man" and then without using lofty syntax let 'em know WHY. There is absolutely no need to be a dick. None. If you can talk as well as you type, and understand it, then you should have the mental faculty to express yourself reasonably, not as a raving p'tagh with no worries on someone else's heart. You have the right to expression, true, but so do the rest of us. Just try to be more human, less schweinhund, ok?

RANT=OFF

My dear daydreamingworrier, you seem to fail to feel the folly of your floundering. Telling me to state my opinion in a way that is in acquiescence with your own limited view of 'correctness' is as repungent to me as my own must be to yourself. Therefore, remove the rake from your rectum and return to your rabble of refuse reciters.

As you weren't.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
AC, Lana...Wow, you make it up as you go along? That's great, so do I and, I presume, most of the people who post here...

Lana
Stuff that I pre-write, that's written down somewhere, is stuff that will never see the light of day. I'm surprised I post anything, really.

NunYahBidness
For the life of me, I cannot understand the animosity prevalent on this forum. Even to where I am a member of another site, this much hostility is not seen in THAT poetry forum. Hence the way I've reviewed a few on here.

As I've always believed, this forum does serve its purpose in allowing members to post their works. And I am a firm believer in that whatever work you post is and always be the inner part of you that you've revealed for others to see. And although this forum is rife with proses on love, angst, and some suicidal tendencies. It is, a revelation to their inner selves.

It is however in the way it is painted that some have come to sounding close to being cookie-cutter pieces. And yes, it can be bland at times, for I've come to realise that many on here have yet tasted life and to fully mature in themselves to express what they wish to express in a way that is...how shall I put it...not trite?

But one cannot learn to walk without first learning how to crawl. But in crawling, one must show the way to walking. If all one ever do is say: you're doing great at crawling, look at you you'll be speeding along in no time. Then when the time comes to walk and fail at its first attempt, should you say: hey you did great! would you help that person to attempt at walking again? or keep saying: hey you did great? and not teach?

Okay...odd metaphor. But the gist of it is. If all you say is: awesome stuff! Then they'll think their piece is awesome if rife with blunders and/or errors.

And while there is no right or wrong way to poetry as it is in art. There is such a thing as maturing IN your art beyond sophomoric efforts.

I hope to God this made sense.

Lana
Made perfect sense.

People learn by trying. No one's great at first. It's just like everything -- it takes a lot of work and practice to first find a style you enjoy, and then more to learn techniques and perfect it.

It's the same with art. When I look at stuff I did a few years ago compared to now....there is no comparison, I've improved that much. I've found my style, and I work at it every chance I get.

Everything's like this.

NunYahBidness
Originally posted by Lana
Made perfect sense.

People learn by trying. No one's great at first. It's just like everything -- it takes a lot of work and practice to first find a style you enjoy, and then more to learn techniques and perfect it.

It's the same with art. When I look at stuff I did a few years ago compared to now....there is no comparison, I've improved that much. I've found my style, and I work at it every chance I get.

Everything's like this. Fortune favours you young lady to have seen the shed of light within that rambling to be honest. But you do speak truly.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
That's nice, Nun...But I said it a little more concisely a page or so before.

...And then are told, "Wow! You're amazing! I think you should be published!", do you think that the person who receives such an accolade will feel the need to drastically get some originality, or will carry on plodding?

Trumpet blown.

NunYahBidness
That's nice, Nun...But I said it a little more concisely a page or so before.

Trumpet blown. Yes...but the more ambiguous I am, the more they (the poets) will begin to see that shaft of light that beams down upon them like thundah from down undah...metaphorically speaking that is.

Syren
NunYah, I seriously hope our 'poets' read what you've written and take it in, you're right... we learn from our mistakes, we cannot make judgements on ourselves and others without experience and encouragement. I completely agree that although a 'Wow! Awesome!' is all very nice and ego boosting, it's not exactly 'constructive' and in no way beneficial to those who wish to enhance their ability.

Please, poets, heed these words, learn from those who have slightly more experience and don't take things so damn seriously when a comment is perhaps not so positive. Sensitivity is a wonderful trait, but used appropriately.

NunYahBidness
NunYah, I seriously hope our 'poets' read what you've written and take it in, you're right... we learn from our mistakes, we cannot make judgements on ourselves and others without experience and encouragement. I completely agree that although a 'Wow! Awesome!' is all very nice and ego boosting, it's not exactly 'constructive' and in no way beneficial to those who wish to enhance their ability.

Please, poets, heed these words, learn from those who have slightly more experience and don't take things so damn seriously when a comment is perhaps not so positive. Sensitivity is a wonderful trait, but used appropriately. You do me honour Oh-She.....oh, nvm. I'm at a loss for words. And while I would love nothing more than to review, it does take an enormous amount of your day. As I do the same at another site. So I'll keep to those I've posted in. And see their progress.

Who knows, if I can help but one poet on the road to ambiguity, then I've done my job well.

Y'gotta love poetry!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by NunYahBidness
Yes...but the more ambiguous I am, the more they (the poets) will begin to see that shaft of light that beams down upon them like thundah from down undah...metaphorically speaking that is.

Aha! I see the salvation in your ways, but I feel your patience will be severely tested. Good luck.

NunYahBidness
Aha! I see the salvation in your ways, but I feel your patience will be severely tested. Good luck. HA! An understatement to be sure. But I am willing to sacrifice for the good cause, because because because...of the wonderful things he does.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You're too nice. Obviously, you have little value for your own sanity...

NunYahBidness
You're too nice. Obviously, you have little value for your own sanity... My sanity abandoned me years ago for a two bit street walker named Ohmeeso Hawny in Honolulu.

Coldfire
Aha! I see the salvation in your ways, but I feel your patience will be severely tested. Good luck.
Yes cuz we are all the worst poets in the history of the world roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please, poets, heed these words, learn from those who have slightly more experience and don't take things so damn seriously when a comment is perhaps not so positive. Sensitivity is a wonderful trait, but used appropriately.
I don't mind getting critisism, in fact I'd love to hear it... except when someone says "I would rather have eaten sandpaper and stuck my fingers in a blender" that doesn't help a person get better at writing poetry; it only pisses them off... so if it's CONSTRUCTIVE, and tells how to improve, then I have no problem with it smile

NunYahBidness
Please be advised, that I will no longer review any more pieces in this lovely forum but for one. Ya Krunk'd...tis true and sad, an undertaking that not even God would deem worthy. Having said that, I feel most of you that do post your work are not unlike mouldy bread. If you take the pieces out that you do not wish to eat, what have you left?

The metaphor stands for those that can glean from it the hidden meaning. I only did what I did not out of spite for those that felt the sting of NunYah, but that is my way...albeit abrasive, but not spiteful. My sense of humour is my own and so it is that I must share with you poor unfortunate hapless souls. Life's too short for anyting else really.

But of late, it appears my replies are unwelcome and is likened to having salt rubbed on an open festering wound. But I must say this: For those that have said to me that poetry is not a career to be considered, so be it. But the pride for any artist either with words or paint is the ability to see what they lack and improve on it. He who travels on the road to mediocrity finds himself forever a repugnant site when facing the mirror. Art, for its sake is an extension of your life and/or a part of it. If you cannot improve on that, how then can you improve yourself. For art is you, and you are an art created by He.

So against my better judgement or lack thereof, I will not harangue those who do not wish to hear the truth, but rather prefer the glossy lie.

I would also like to make an apology. First to my mom, for having to carry me all those months, then spending four hours trying to get me out, much to my dismay. And to my dad, for not seeing what he was and is...the cheeky git. And mostly to me. For thinking I made a difference, but all this time she wanted it done doggy style. Love yah...peace out, and let's get jiggy widdit.

Be aware though, if I see you in the OTF...it's open season, and I'm DeNiro talking to myself in the mirror.

Lana
Truer words have never been spoken. I know this, because art is my life, my soul, and probably the one thing I could never live without. And I constantly strive to improve upon it.

If people get pissy about critiques, then don't critique that person's work anymore. There are plenty of other people here who would like honest critiques on their work, because that's how you improve.

NunYahBidness
True enough, but why waste time when the beer is chilled and the telly is on?

Seriously though, I wish to say to Syren. Your pic is indicative of the last work I reviewed and you've recently revised: Beautiful.

To HeavenAblaze666 (?) You're a work in progress to something that has yet to flower and bloom for the world to wonder and gape in awe. Raw talent will not remain so as long as you strive to be better than the best....Ya Krunk'd, the hour approaches nigh.

So then with much ado...I leave this poem (not mine) to those that think they know what a love poem is. It is a poem by John Clare, and the words are BEE-yootiful.

First Love

I ne'er was struck before that hour
With love so sudden and so sweet.
Her face it bloomed like a sweet flower
And stole my heart away complete.

My face turned pale, a deadly pale.
My legs refused to walk away,
And when she looked what could I ail
My life and all seemed turned to clay.

And then my blood rushed to my face
And took my eyesight quite away.
The trees and bushes round the place
Seemed midnight at noonday.

I could not see a single thing,
Words from my eyes did start.
They spoke as chords do from the string,
And blood burnt round my heart.

Are flowers the winter's choice
Is love's bed always snow
She seemed to hear my silent voice
Not love appeals to know.

I never saw so sweet a face
As that I stood before.
My heart has left its dwelling place
And can return no more.

Strive for this, and you may have hope yet.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Nun, yours was a quixotic quest with even less end result in sight, but I for one admired your dare and doo-doo. The futility of your foil was made evident in the end, so now you sweep a different path.

I shall leave you with this - I'm sure you - and perhaps, Syren - know what it is, but the others will need to copy and paste. It is poetry, but not as we know it.

riverrun,past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend if bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs. Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr' over the short sea,had passencore rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war: nor had topsawyer's rocks by the stream Oconee exaggerated themselse to Laurens Country's gorgios while they went doublin their mumper all the time: nor avoice from afire bellowsed mishe mishe to tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after, had a kidscad buttended a bland old isaac: not yet, though all's fair in vanessy, were sosie sesthers wroth with twone nathandjoe.

DreamingWarrior

hah sorry. will try to be more adult about it. And, Lady Sy, I did apologize for flaming these two. *Sighs* I can agree with the critiscm most of the time, especially when it is posted with helpful advise. It is just the reckless injuring type that I dislike, because I remember my days as a budding poet, and I remember more the hurtful comments than the helpful ones. A good bit of advise is well-needed and hopefully well-heeded. Being cruel with intent to harm is just... well just not right. We should support each other as people and as poets, not bring each other down. But, in the end all of our actions are our own, and I nor any of you are responsible for anyone else's.

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic)

You'd think, wouldn't you, that with the obvious abundance of free reign intelligence in this forum we would be able to work together to create a haven of words, but alas, it is not to be... for shame, these 'poets' of the forum nono

NunYahBidness
roll eyes (sarcastic)

You'd think, wouldn't you, that with the obvious abundance of free reign intelligence in this forum we would be able to work together to create a haven of words, but alas, it is not to be... for shame, these 'poets' of the forum nono Once a man of great humility posed these tormented words.

"Father, forgive them. For they know not what they do."Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Nun, yours was a quixotic quest with even less end result in sight, but I for one admired your dare and doo-doo. The futility of your foil was made evident in the end, so now you sweep a different path.

I shall leave you with this - I'm sure you - and perhaps, Syren - know what it is, but the others will need to copy and paste. It is poetry, but not as we know it.

riverrun,past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend if bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs. Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr' over the short sea,had passencore rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war: nor had topsawyer's rocks by the stream Oconee exaggerated themselse to Laurens Country's gorgios while they went doublin their mumper all the time: nor avoice from afire bellowsed mishe mishe to tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after, had a kidscad buttended a bland old isaac: not yet, though all's fair in vanessy, were sosie sesthers wroth with twone nathandjoe. And I, lacking my comical sidekick can do naught, else aught is for naught...

Odd, that I should know these things you've writ.

Syren
Once a man of great humility posed these tormented words.

"Father, forgive them. For they know not what they do."

And now a man of astounding intellectualism poses them once again, are we still to accommodate ignorance? Or rather, shall we encourage knowledge?

NunYahBidness
And now a man of astounding intellectualism poses them once again, are we still to accommodate ignorance? Or rather, shall we encourage knowledge? I've opted for the latter. But only to those that I've not offended by my off-colour remarks, e.g. some new posters.

And, I shall keep it short, sweet, simple and dabbled with a pinch of salt for taste, but not too much so as to not ruin the flavour.

But this doesn't mean I'm throwing by the wayside my lovely banter neither....HAHAHA!!!

DreamingWarrior
heh. just know thy limits, and life is grand. that is all. some folks can deal with pushing the envelope farther than others. 'till we stop bleedin red, we are still human, and thereby flawed and at times callous. *sigh* we all need to pull together, work as a team, and become the mighty force we should have been centuries ago.

Coldfire
I've opted for the latter. But only to those that I've not offended by my off-colour remarks, e.g. some new posters.

And, I shall keep it short, sweet, simple and dabbled with a pinch of salt for taste, but not too much so as to not ruin the flavour.

But this doesn't mean I'm throwing by the wayside my lovely banter neither....HAHAHA!!!
We couldn't really expect you to stick out tongue

intoxicatedpoet
Please be advised, that I will no longer review any more pieces in this lovely forum but for one. Ya Krunk'd...tis true and sad, an undertaking that not even God would deem worthy. Having said that, I feel most of you that do post your work are not unlike mouldy bread. If you take the pieces out that you do not wish to eat, what have you left?

The metaphor stands for those that can glean from it the hidden meaning. I only did what I did not out of spite for those that felt the sting of NunYah, but that is my way...albeit abrasive, but not spiteful. My sense of humour is my own and so it is that I must share with you poor unfortunate hapless souls. Life's too short for anyting else really.

But of late, it appears my replies are unwelcome and is likened to having salt rubbed on an open festering wound. But I must say this: For those that have said to me that poetry is not a career to be considered, so be it. But the pride for any artist either with words or paint is the ability to see what they lack and improve on it. He who travels on the road to mediocrity finds himself forever a repugnant site when facing the mirror. Art, for its sake is an extension of your life and/or a part of it. If you cannot improve on that, how then can you improve yourself. For art is you, and you are an art created by He.

So against my better judgement or lack thereof, I will not harangue those who do not wish to hear the truth, but rather prefer the glossy lie.

I would also like to make an apology. First to my mom, for having to carry me all those months, then spending four hours trying to get me out, much to my dismay. And to my dad, for not seeing what he was and is...the cheeky git. And mostly to me. For thinking I made a difference, but all this time she wanted it done doggy style. Love yah...peace out, and let's get jiggy widdit.

Be aware though, if I see you in the OTF...it's open season, and I'm DeNiro talking to myself in the mirror.

I hope my ignoring your reviews of my poetry has not contributed to your isolation, I just don't want to sound pompous. I really value your opinion, and wether it's blunt or encouraging I'm glad to hear it.

NunYahBidness
You're ignoring my reviews was not the cause. And one cannot sound pomous if they never were to start with. But in truth, I do admire your words, good sir.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
This is a warning to any new member who comes in here with the idea that they can be honest and blunt with their opinion:

FOR THE LOVE OF BABY JESUS, WALK AWAY! WALK AWAY NOW! YOU WILL BE BANNED, BANNED, BANNED! YOU ARE BAD! WALK AWAY! DON'T COME HERE WITH YOUR "OH, I DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL CRAP!'! IT'S NOT WANTED! ALL WE WANT TO HEAR ARE EMPTY PLATITUDES! EMPTY! EMPTY! EMPTY! YEAH! WOOO! ETC...

Public service announcement over.

Tassie
....'Cuz that's all we hear from your negativity. wink

Coldfire
Originally posted by Tassie
....'Cuz that's all we hear from your negativity. wink
Got that right yes

Ya Krunk'd Floo
It's a crying shame that neither of you seem to be able to understand your native language.

Syren
Krunk, come and sit on my lap and allow me to sweeten the mess between your ears... I have a story to tell eyes

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I hope you're not implying I have shit for brains...If you're not, then...I'm there! Lick me, baybee! Lick me!

Syren
Would I imply such a thing? *affronted*

Never, I simply meant... shall I soothe the frustration, ease the anger and lessen the irritance? I hate ignorance, also wink

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You're talking about sex, aren't you?

Syren
No.

Maybe...

Pervert schmoll

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, I'm in! "Let's get perverted here...Let's get perverted in here...Loose your clothes, mind, body and soul...."

Syren
*gets perverted*

*in a poetical way, of course*

I wouldn't want to be accused of 'talking' to my fellow posters.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
We're not 'talking'...We're grunting and growling. It's gone all animal in here...

Syren
In your head, darling, not in here...

aristotle
Well, to get back to the point and not some persons sexual frustrations. I enjoy this site and think it's a breeding ground for future poets.

Syren
Back on that point, then.. excuse me for getting so obviously distracted roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
messed this is like...almost a year old.

Coldfire
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
wow you're right messed

Syren
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Really? Well, it's a constant point I think, peoples' opinions on the forum big grin

Wow, that means the poetry forum's ancient cry I'm so proud...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.