My Professor Told My Class to Toss Salad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I can't believe what my professor did. He is a 60 year old Poly Sci teacher that talks very monotone with a lisp and has thick glasses that sit low on his nose even though he stares at the wall behind us as he talks. Thats a quick rundown on what he is like. Anyway, on Wednesday he asked everybody to describe racial divisions in our home communities. After hearing all of our responses, he said, "It sounds like none of you come from a melting pot community, you guys sound like you come from tossed salad communities!" For those of you who don't know, those are Sociological terms. Everybody started giggling for about 1 minute. After that minute it was time for him to excuse us and he realized that he must have said something funny so he excused us by saying, "So... GO TOSS SALAD!" It was obvious he didn't know what it meant too. The whole class laughed so hard as we left. My friend told me, "Somebody's got to tell him," so we decided that would be us. My friend said, "You might not want to say that phrase anymore." When he asked why we told him that it was now a sexual slang term. He was shocked and asked what it meant. My friend signaled for me to tell him and I said, "Well... its sort of where you... orally (points at mouth)... go down on somebodies backside (points at butt)". He was even more shocked: "REALLY!?!" After joking about it for a couple minutes, we started leaving the room and thats when he yelled "Well then... MAYBE YOU ALL DO!" I was in tears with laughter.

Today was the first day back in that class and he started out by saying, "Last time after class I was informed that the phrase that I was using had an alternative meaning. I Googled it and sure enough, they were right. You may 'truely' know the alternative meaning if you have either... served time in the state pen... or lived in Urban America. Neither of which I want to go to."

Damn that was so funny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.