Magneto VS. Darthvader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hulk Power
I don't really know who would win, but I'm going for magneto because he is the strongest mutant in terms of power, but darthvader is also one powerful dude. I don't really know who would win and that would be some fight.starwars

WOLVERINEFAN
well, vaders suit is metal........vader would hafta choke magneto quickly if he wants to win

Creshosk
Magneto has this one, because as was pointed out. . . Vader is a large percent metal. . .

Hulk Power
Originally posted by Creshosk
Magneto has this one, because as was pointed out. . . Vader is a large percent metal. . . Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

mr.smiley
without a doubt

who?-kid
Hm, I am surprised that the Darth Vader fans aren't shouting DV can beat almost everybody...

Xplosive
Originally posted by Hulk Power
I don't really know who would win, but I'm going for magneto because he is the strongest mutant in terms of powe

No

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Xplosive
No

seconded.

Mags wins this though. Darth Vader is so dead.

Bialaska
Even Vader-fans will have to admit that Vader is not even anywhere near the power of the Magnetized One.

norrin radd
forget the metal suit, magneto wins, always

ZephroCarnelian
Magneto would crush Vader inside his metal suit. His level of power is such that he could do this far faster than Vader could choke him.

kanis
alien Yeah but would magneto's helmet block off vader's force manipulations with some mental control and remeber vader can also move non metal things which he can use to distract magneto but yeah magneto would just crush him.

Wickerman
Magneto would most definitely win, hands down. He'd make Yoda crap his pants laughing . Although i'm surprised the Spiderman fans wouldn't say "Spiderman comes in and beats both of them".

~wickerman~

Xplosive
Vader could be really powerful if he would reach his potential, supposedlly much more pwoerful than Yoda or Emperor, but it still wounld't be enough for Magneto, and Vader in suit, that would be joke for Magetno, since his suit is coveery by metal, not all, but a lot. For choke, if he would get Magneto, it could be trouble, but I just think Vader can't win this one.

Wickerman
Vader could be really powerful if he would reach his potential, supposedlly much more pwoerful than Yoda or Emperor, but it still wounld't be enough for Magneto, and Vader in suit, that would be joke for Magetno, since his suit is coveery by metal, not all, but a lot. For choke, if he would get Magneto, it could be trouble, but I just think Vader can't win this one.

Technically i'm not even sure if Force powers would work on Magneto. I read on the net somewhere (will have to google search to find the link) that The Force is supposedly tied a lot to Magnetism. if that's true, then it's absolutely useless.

~wickerman~

K3VIL
Vader hasn't showed feats of power that makes him a match for Magneto.
Magneto can levitate not metallic things with ease anyway, he can shoot various kind of attacks, from radiations to concussive force, he can even manipulate gravity on a limited extension (talking about Classic Magneto not the uber all black holes creator one), he can fly at great speeds, create force fields, jam brain impulses.
Vader is nothing to him.

Creshosk
Originally posted by kanis
alien Yeah but would magneto's helmet block off vader's force manipulations with some mental control and remeber vader can also move non metal things which he can use to distract magneto but yeah magneto would just crush him. Magneto is not weak minded, so the Jedi mind trick wouldn't work on him.

Think about how much of Vader is metal . . . Magneto can generate a magnetic shield that would bend the particles emitted from a Lightsaber around it. It works on Cyclop's eyebeam. Magneto can concentrate under pressure, including Force Chokes. and Magneto can rip every little piece of metal away from Vader's body.

whirlysplat
Having Traveller Blood in me I love to see Magneto win big grin

IRTMU-Dragon
Besides the fact Vader has robotic lower legs and robotic arms and stuff. Which is all metal.

Hulk Power
Come on guys don't you have anything to say about this? What about all the Star Wars fans out there? Is this all they think about this fight?

Creshosk
Originally posted by Hulk Power
Come on guys don't you have anything to say about this? What about all the Star Wars fans out there? Is this all they think about this fight?

Uh . . . I know what fights he can and cannot win. I'm a fan of star wars but I will not give more credit to a characters abilities than they have.

Bialaska
I'm a Star Wars fan. But really, this is like setting Jubilee alone up against the Beyonder. Maybe a non-Phoenix Jean Grey would be a much more suitable matchup with Darth Vader than Magneto.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Bialaska
I'm a Star Wars fan. But really, this is like setting Jubilee alone up against the Beyonder. Maybe a non-Phoenix Jean Grey would be a much more suitable matchup with Darth Vader than Magneto.

Before she started manifesting phoenix again a year and a half back she was still extremely powerful she would be way too much for darth as well.

Mider
Vader would have to use upper level Force powers like super speed, lightning, cloning, force storm, or thought bomb, stripping of powers maybe or destroying a spirit, then He might have a chance. I mean come on guys Xavier has fought Magneto and has given Him trouble why wouldnt Vader give Him trouble using His Force powers even though His telepathic powers are probably not on part with Professor X. Vader does have a chance of defeating Magneto but its a very small one.

brainchild81
Very small. Both are still cool as hell though.

Nevermind
I'd be rooting for Vader all the way. But Magneto having controlive powers of metal, Vader loses.

Bialaska
Well, as is said among the Roleplayers that I have out with...

Everyone can roll a 20 and everyone can roll a 1...

For those not knowing what this means, it sorta means that everybody can have a good day and roll exactly what they need for a thing to go in and the other can be unfortunate enough to roll so badly to protect against it that they are out.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Mider
Vader would have to use upper level Force powers like super speed, lightning, cloning, force storm, or thought bomb, stripping of powers maybe or destroying a spirit, then He might have a chance. I mean come on guys Xavier has fought Magneto and has given Him trouble why wouldnt Vader give Him trouble using His Force powers even though His telepathic powers are probably not on part with Professor X. Vader does have a chance of defeating Magneto but its a very small one.

Magneto being without helmet, Xavier wouldn't give him only trouble, but defeat him and take him down.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Bialaska
Well, as is said among the Roleplayers that I have out with...

Everyone can roll a 20 and everyone can roll a 1...

For those not knowing what this means, it sorta means that everybody can have a good day and roll exactly what they need for a thing to go in and the other can be unfortunate enough to roll so badly to protect against it that they are out.

I can just see Vader going "OMG OMG CRITICAL HIT CRITICAL HIT!!!!!!!" and Magneto "NUH-HUH! ROLL TO CONFIRM HIT"

laughing

(nerdy DnD jokes)

~wickerman~

Hoshi
if you really want tthis to be a well discuted fight you should put this topic in the star wars forum .

black wolverine
vader has no chance i saw episode 3 dat movie is hella cool when he was fightin obiwan but anyway magneto could just slap him with a street light pole

Creshosk
Originally posted by black wolverine
vader has no chance i saw episode 3 dat movie is hella cool when he was fightin obiwan but anyway magneto could just slap him with a street light pole Or you know try something that would work. . . like attacking the metal that composes Vader's Body. . . he's a quadrepelegic technically. . . ALL of his limbs are made of metal, and so is his resperator. . .

legacy92
woo wins ? nuff said ...

Darth Sparhawk
If it is ESB Vader, he is metal, he would lose. If it is pre-suit Vader, he'll cut Magneto's head in a second.

King KAM
^agreed

jplatinum
Magneto would knock the lightsaber from his hands.
Then fly up high and place a forcefield around himself.
Then magneto would laugh at him before burying him under tons of metallic rumble or concrete with steel re-bar in it.

"Magnus. what are you..ahhhhhhhhhhh!"

"You dare oppose magneto, fool"

Hit_and_Miss
its all about whos power work quicker... If vader gets the force choke or magneto "chokes" him, enough metal in vader...

Wickerman
I used the search function, but couldn't find the other threads. I'm SURE there were a vader vs. magneto and a vader vs. spiderman thread.

Paola? help? sad

~wickerman~

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Wickerman
I used the search function, but couldn't find the other threads. I'm SURE there were a vader vs. magneto and a vader vs. spiderman thread.

Paola? help? sad

~wickerman~
I remember there being several of them.

Wickerman
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I remember there being several of them.

Yes, and several of them. I checked if they were moved to the SW vs. forum, but they weren't. They might have been lost during the comic book movies/comic books transition, but i don't see how huh

The Magneto vs. Vader one was an excellent thread. It's too bad it's not here anymore.

~wickerman~

Onikirimaru
Magnetic Tempest x3 can take out anyone.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
Magnetic Tempest x3 can take out anyone.
Not Jubilee Prime...

Spelljammer
You know, there's a SW battle section for a reason, the rules that apply to comic books outweigh those of SW. Just as Dragonball Z outweighs EVERYTHING..

Magneto would win even IF we were talking Anakin Vader, and do you know why? Because no matter how quickly he pursues The Force, his bloodstream has iron in it, making Magneto able to vibrate his molecules and make him go splodey' with but a wave of his hand. Also Vader couldn't use telepathy related powers as Magneto has that stupid helmet. So it's down to Force Choke or Force Lightning. Force Lightning has electroMAGNETIC energy, so Magneto could easily turn it against him, and from what Episode One told us, The Force permeates exsistance as an invisible entity, I'm not going to get all quantamn mechanics on you, but let's just say this fight go's to Magneto..

Wickerman
Originally posted by Spelljammer
You know, there's a SW battle section for a reason, the rules that apply to comic books outweigh those of SW. Just as Dragonball Z outweighs EVERYTHING..

Magneto would win even IF we were talking Anakin Vader, and do you know why? Because no matter how quickly he pursues The Force, his bloodstream has iron in it, making Magneto able to vibrate his molecules and make him go splodey' with but a wave of his hand. Also Vader couldn't use telepathy related powers as Magneto has that stupid helmet. So it's down to Force Choke or Force Lightning. Force Lightning has electroMAGNETIC energy, so Magneto could easily turn it against him, and from what Episode One told us, The Force permeates exsistance as an invisible entity, I'm not going to get all quantamn mechanics on you, but let's just say this fight go's to Magneto..

That was the general consensus reached last time as well. however, that wasn't movie Vader being used, that was comicbook Vader being used. The one that force chokes people a galaxy away and bla bla bla roll eyes (sarcastic) . It was a long debate, but quite a good one. I wish we had that thread back sad

~wickerman~

Spelljammer
My appalogies, I had no idea SW had a running comic book line and that they made thier character t3h /33t. stick out tongue

Wickerman
Originally posted by Spelljammer
My appalogies, I had no idea SW had a running comic book line and that they made thier character t3h /33t. stick out tongue

yes....Plo Koon shoots force lightning through his hands....a "good" version of force lightning *sigh*

~wickerman~

Scoobless
in the books a Jedi/Sith master can control the minds of thousands of people at once as well as telekinetically move stuff..... and you can't be sure that Magneto's helmet can block force mind control.... as you stated it permeates everything

so there's really no way to be sure either way

Scoobless
that's what i thought

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=343270&from=thread&pagenumber=2#post4879109

merge up please

Scoobless
thread in need of merging

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=362988&from=thread&pagenumber=1#post4879101

joesha28
Magneto being without helmet, Xavier wouldn't give him only trouble, but defeat him and take him down.

That telepathy thing. It will cripple Magneto. Abt the vader force choke Magneto. Well if he does fast he will force choke Mag but i think Mag got the power to push the force away. It's like a average guy trying to choke a big guy. Big guy pushes the hand away and start hammering away.

DigiMark007
Merged with recent identical thread...SW characters don't really make great crossover material for forums battles. You're usually all the way with the Jedi or against them...it's very polarized, and doesn't make for great (or conclusive) debates.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Merged with recent identical thread...SW characters don't really make great crossover material for forums battles. You're usually all the way with the Jedi or against them...it's very polarized, and doesn't make for great (or conclusive) debates.

yeah....... plus even Jar Jar could beat the likes of Midnighter

stick out tongue

K3VIL
Magneto controls the EM Spectrum.
Magneto has various options, more than Vader.
He can:
Send him short circuit, killing him.
Melt his armor.
Jam his brain synapses.
Shoot him with sufficient electricity to destroy him.
Shoot him with concussive force shattering his armor.
Throw at him 1000 metal spikes at 200 mph.
And the list continues.
Magneto has faced guys like Apocalypse, the X-Men, he has punked the Avengers.
Vader isn't in his league.

Phoenix_Avatar9
GO LENSHERR! Happy Dance

Scoobless
the ability to stick to a fridge is insignificant compared to the power of the force

K3VIL
Originally posted by Scoobless
the ability to stick to a fridge is insignificant compared to the power of the force
The ability to breath throug a mask is insignificant compared to someone who has beat down the Avengers.

steverules
Vader is basically made of metal. Magneto is the master of magnetism. I'll let you guess the rest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.