Exar Kun vs. Naga Sadow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
Who is a better Sith. I to lazy to type anything more.

Fishy
Don't know they both sound powerful, they both were... According to Kreia Naga would own. But i'm not to sure about that, i'll just wait around for some other replies before I vote. This should be interesting to see.

Naga Sadow
Fishy, Naga WOULD win. Hiscontrol of the force, his physical strenght, his will...all of those things are better then Exars. Besides, Sadow was a pure Sith, giving him physical advantage over Kun(human). Yes, i know it took 100(0) jedi to stop Kun, it took the entire jedi order to take out Sadow, and even then, he didnt die by saber hit. His ship was destroyed together with him.

Kun-ni Habeo
naga wuld win

Darth Revan33
Originally posted by Naga Sadow
Fishy, Naga WOULD win. Hiscontrol of the force, his physical strenght, his will...all of those things are better then Exars. Besides, Sadow was a pure Sith, giving him physical advantage over Kun(human). Yes, i know it took 100(0) jedi to stop Kun, it took the entire jedi order to take out Sadow, and even then, he didnt die by saber hit. His ship was destroyed together with him.

Still, how many people did he fight in saber combat? and win? HIs powers seem more like a galactic scale like Bastila's battle meditation so I think Exar myself.

Darth L. Dipsit
Naga is one of the top two Sith Lords, with Ragnos, in my mind. He, I think, would win. All of the reasons here, though, are correct and worth considering, for both sides.

Darth_Janus
Well, a few things...

First off, Naga Sadow killed any enemies he had with a poisoned blade, not a lightsaber. None of the Korriban Sith other than Tulak lived in a time when the Sith had adopted the lightsaber. Still, Naga Sadow was the leader of a Sith priesthood, and the Sith themselves were strong enough in the Force to impress dark Jedi like Ajunta Pall. Notice the early dark Jedi didn't destroy the Sith but instead assimilated and interbred with them. Sith blood has, to use a modern era example, all the midi-chlorians of Anakin Skywalker and none of the fat.

Now, while Exar Kun was doubtless bursting with power and skill, he simply wasn't as experienced in the dark side or Sith magics as Sadow. His choice of weapon wouldn't be a tremendous advantage either since Ludo Kressh himself used a double bladed sword.

And lastly, no matter who wins, that planet is fekked up.

Darth L. Dipsit
Ya got that right.

Kun-ni Habeo
what does it have to doo with the ****in planet it is about fight who gives a **** what wuld happen to a planet?

Darth L. Dipsit
Calm down, man...
He was just being lighthearted, that's all. I think we're all agreed about the winner.

You're both my homeboys.

Kun-ni Habeo
ok,,if i dont calm down to the dark side fall i will,,but still i m stronger than that

Darth L. Dipsit
Amen to that, bro.

Kiu Dun
Please, no ghetto talk. And second, Naga would win cuz Exar wouldn't be able to use his weapon advantage cuz Naga would just use his control over Sith magic and kill him easily.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Naga Sadow

As far as I know, Naga didn't die on his ship, his apprentice, Gav Daragon did when he came back from the darkside. I thought that Naga died on Yavin IV. Remember, he was the one who created the Massassi. And I have never heard anything great about Naga's physical strength, it was all about Marka. Also, if Sith have an advantage over humans in regard to the force, why wasn't the chosen one a sith? I know they were all extinct(or were they), but the force could unextinct them if necessary.

Darth_Janus
The Chosen One is George's idea, not the creation of the EU comics crew. Note they really didn't embrace midi-chlorians either.

And besides, the Sith are more responsive towards an evil regime after all that time of being dominated by dark Sith. The CHosen One couldn't be a Sith because their empire is a representative of what evil brings.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
...Sith blood has, to use a modern era example, all the midi-chlorians of Anakin Skywalker and none of the fat.

I know your probably exagerating to a degree, but they can't have very much more than normal humans. Think of Anakin Skywalker with all of Revan's knowlege and experince. Although I don't think that Revan has TONS more experince than the other Jedi, I do think it is still really high up there. So we have Anakin, with all of Revan knolege, experince, and genius. We're taling kick a@@ mofo in the making.

SO they cant be that high up because the Republic defeated them. The Republic with lots of NON Sith force users. I don't think Sith are that much better.

Darth L. Dipsit
Good point. You are completely right. However, I think the Sith lost mostly, not because of the Republic army, but due to their recklessness. Marka Ragnos knew better than to mess with the balance of the force, which down to what this comes. Naga Sadow was too power-hungry and was caught up in taking control. He forgot that the Force can never be completely dominated by good or evil, and thus was absolutely screwed. The whole thing with the Sith losing because of arrogance and/or recklessness seems to be a trend: Naga Sadow, Lord Kaan, Darth Sidious..
The same goes for the Republic losing due to lack of insight.

Darth_Glentract
Well, for a real world example of recklessness can be help ful I will once again go back to my fighting training.

When we a having a group fight with maybe 6 people on each side, my team has a strategy of sending one of us un a on a "sucide" strike to one side of the opposing team. They just go in swingin and can usually take out two before they are "killed". This leaves of with 5 on 4. We can usually win after this. Unfortunatly, this tactic only works against people who are not as good as some of us. This is kind've like how the Sith had fewer people, but they were better individualy than the Republic forces. On average though, the Republics power was more balanced throughout the Jedi and there were also more Jedi. This allowed them to win.

Basicly what I'm saying through all of this is that recklessness can be helpful.

Darth L. Dipsit
This is also true. It's really circumstantial, so it all depends on the applied situation.

Anyway, rock on, my man.

Darth_Janus
Well, the true Sith died out because their way of life was dominated by dark Jedi teachings, which we now associate with "being Sith" or "Of the Sith". Hence, Sith have no love for anyone save themselves. No society or empire could prosper on that. The main moral of the story in SW overall is good preserves while evil dissentegrates because of petty ambition.

The true Sith didn't die out because of Republic might, really. They died out because they could not be united. Separate, they were more powerful than any Jedi or Republic citizen. But divided, they fell.

takgino
Well, there is no record of naga sadow EVER dieing, so therefore he never did, i have read over 75 histories on this subject and all of them say naga won the fight, then took a fleet against the republic his fleet was destroyed and retreated into a trap on yavin 4, it says nothing else about that encounter until it says he came back to train Freedon Nadd this information came from very reliable sources, and i have studied this since before the first knights game came out.

IKC
Thread necromancy...

Dark Aristokrat
Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
Well, a few things...

First off, Naga Sadow killed any enemies he had with a poisoned blade, not a lightsaber. None of the Korriban Sith other than Tulak lived in a time when the Sith had adopted the lightsaber. Still, Naga Sadow was the leader of a Sith priesthood, and the Sith themselves were strong enough in the Force to impress dark Jedi like Ajunta Pall. Notice the early dark Jedi didn't destroy the Sith but instead assimilated and interbred with them. Sith blood has, to use a modern era example, all the midi-chlorians of Anakin Skywalker and none of the fat.

Now, while Exar Kun was doubtless bursting with power and skill, he simply wasn't as experienced in the dark side or Sith magics as Sadow. His choice of weapon wouldn't be a tremendous advantage either since Ludo Kressh himself used a double bladed sword.

And lastly, no matter who wins, that planet is fekked up.

OMG... who is this noob? Arguing KOTOR items like they're canon?

IKC
Indeed. I'd argue the thread should be reevaluated in light of recent evidence...

Dark Aristokrat
While I concede the point about Kun being exceptionally powerful and deadly with a lightsaber, Sadow did have a lot of time to sit around and practice Sith magics and force mastery. Not to mention he's probably got more trinkets and toys than anyone in the series. I'd actually be surprised if Nadd really did kill him, since it would be an interesting plot element to see him come back and raise hell before the thousand year darkness or whatever.

IKC
True, but then there's the prodigy vs. experience theme in Star Wars. But besides, I was speaking more along the lines of the arguments used in the thread rather than the outcome, which I believe to be up in the air.

But I think Sadow was gone for good after Nadd left, whether he was killed by him is up for speculation.

Dark Aristokrat
Agreed. I don't think Nadd was tuff enuff to pwn Sadow, who at that point had to be damn near ancient and with nothing better to do but practice Sith alchemy and magic. Perhaps the old bastard died of natural causes and Nadd took over.

That does bring up a powerful point though- Naga Sadow, after living all that time and- perhaps- honing his skills and mastery, didn't make the galaxy-wide tremor in the force when he died as Marka Ragnos did.

Assuming what I've said above is accurate (Which, to the best of my knowledge it is), that's a large power discrepancy.

IKC
Well, remember that Sadow was in stasis. He didn't spend all his time honing his powers.

Dark Aristokrat
That's true. But you think -someone- would have noticed.

IKC
Well, we don't know if they did. As far as I know, no material has been written specifically about the event.

Dark Aristokrat
Just hints from the Freedan Nadd Uprising, of which I've read only parts.

Illustrious
The hints point to no trembling of the force for Naga Sadow's passing. Really, I would have liked to see Naga use his sword more often, but it really seems like the comics try to portray him as an individual who rarely ever bothers with dirtying himself with fighting others on a personal level. All of his moves usually involve schemes that use underlings.

Dark Aristokrat
Most he's done is fight Ludo and shoot Simus, on panel.

tdtd
I'm going to rank the greatest force users right now so I don't have to explain myself.. This is just sith since this is a sith vs. sith thread..

1. Marka Ragnos
2. Simus
3. Naga Sadow
4. Ludo Kressh
5. Freedon Nadd
6. Exar Kun/Revan..

Naga Sadow has no equal after him, this wouldn't be a fair fight.

IKC
Your arbitrary rankings don't really enter in if you can't support them. I'm of a mind that puts Exar at either 2nd or 3rd, with Marka Ragnos taking 1st.

The fight between these two would determine the 2nd and 3rd spots, in my mind.

tdtd
You've just virtually sucked off Exar Kun in the past 3 threads.. My rankings make logical sense if you ask anybody.. The first 4 are of the ancient sith Empire so that's already no contest, then you have Freedon Nadd who controlled Kun as a spirit.. Imagine what he would do to him as a body.

IKC
Ad hominem, logical fallacy.

Appeal to majority, logical fallacy.

Unsupported. You have to prove it, not just state your conclusion. If I were a movie fanboy I could easily reply with "zOMG PT JEDI ARE FROM TEH GOLDEN AGE OF THE JEDI! PT > ALL!!!111!"

Then you have Freedon Nadd who controlled Exar Kun as a Jedi knight before he had ever embraced the Dark Side and was instantly destroyed by Kun moments after he turned. Good one.

By that logic Kun would lord over baby Ragnos. And it proves nothing.

tdtd
how does that logic prove that kun would own Ragnos? Have you also forgotten that it took Sadow's amulet to destroy the spirit of Nadd?

IKC
What I was doing was a parody of your logic. You cite Nadd's ability to lord over Kun (disregarding the fact that Kun was nowhere near the peak of his power and that he hadn't yet embraced the Dark Side) and so I replied with your logic applied to a different case.

This shows the absurdity of your logic.

Actually, you can't prove that it took Sadow's amulet to take him down. While it is true that the amulet was used to destroy him, there's no proof that Kun required it.

tdtd
Ok so lets say by some miracle Kun might be more powerful than Nadd. Next you're going to say he was more powerful than some of the most powerful sith lords during the golden age which is ludicrous. I'm not a fan boy it's just common sense that the Ancient Sith are unrivaled.

IKC
Where's the evidence that Nadd is more powerful than Kun, hm? You're stating conclusions without building up to them.

You're doing appeal to majority yet again, for one.

And, once again, you're stating conclusions without building up to them.

Out of all the Force users that came after the Golden Age of the Sith, I'd say Exar Kun comes closest to them. In life, he acquired a trove of Force knowledge from both the Jedi and Sith described, by the narrator, as "more wealth and knowledge than he can ever use." He displays comparable (sometimes greater) on-panel feats to the Ancients. It is shown that he is able to create artifacts like they did (as evidenced by the second amulet that he has on his right hand during the Sith War).

While their narrative description may be greater, it can be argued that the most convincing part of it doesn't even apply to him. The quote in question is that the Ancient's power was "titanic in comparison to later Jedi."

True, it definitely was. But Kun was no longer a Jedi when he reached anywhere near the peak of his power. Ergo, I'm of mind to believe that Kun is able to contest the likes of Kressh or Sadow. I'm very hesitant to say he'd even come close to Ragnos, who is apparently leagues above even those two.

<edit> In fact, the three of them (Kun, Sadow, Kressh) versus Ragnos would be quite a fight. </edit>

tdtd
Fine so put him ahead of Nadd, I don't have any real argument for Nadd except that he was described as a very powerful jedi and caused Kun to give in to the dark side. In regards to Ragnos, Simus, Sadow and Kressh, I don't think he stands a chance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.