In what order should one watch the SIX Star wars movies and get the best impact?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eddy Urquia
In what order should one watch the STAR WARS films in order to get the most out of the story revealations and plot twist?

the most effective way to demonstrate to a new Star Wars fan would have to be in the order George lucas created them. the movies should be view in their original order regardless of their numeric designations. One should watch EP IV,Ep V, Ep VI, Ep I, Ep II, Ep III. This seems the most effective way to view the movies to a virgin fan who never has witnessed SW in order not to spoil the greatest revalation, "Luke, I am your father" No............! Why is this the most effective way to demonstrate the six films is because that revalation is the most powerful in the entire story and it would undermine the most powerful moment in Empire Strikes Back! Althoug George Lucas states he desires for one to view these films as a WHOLE. I propose that it would weaken the impact of crucial moments throughout the entire saga. Just imagine already knowing Vader is luke's father in "A New Hope" dear god, no! Imagine, in 'Empire" how weak the impact of "I am your father" would be to someone who has seen Ep III, and understands everything about the twins and thier fathers fate. everthing in a "New Hope" would be ruined. Everthing that old Obiwan says to Luke about his father would sound as a lie rather than a revalation or giving information, this would be ruined. Scenes that if viewed in original order are all so sweet and misterious, all this would be negated by the sequence in which one demonstrates the films to a virgin audiance. So, I propose that the movies should be viewed in their ORIGINAL SEQUENCE FOR ANY FIRST TIME VIEWER! this would provide a more lushes experience.

DeVi| D0do
IV, V, IV, I, II, III is the way I'd watch it...

Batman316
1-6

mtryder
I agree with the original poster. The only advantage to be gained from watching 1-6 is that you'd be pretty much blindsided by Anakin's fall to the dark side. That, you have to admit, would be pretty f***ing shocking. Still, however, it's outweighed by the things that would be lost in the process.

Ken Kenobi
Since I am an old-school fan. I love the OT and everything, but I'm going to watch them the way GL intended. I-VI.

But...

If I were to have someone watch Star Wars for the first time, I will show them IV-VI first, then once they are used to the OT and love it, I will show them the PT.

DeVi| D0do
I don't believe Lucas ever intended them to be watched I-VI despite what ever he's said.

I know he says the story for the prequel trilogy was all worked out before he did the OT but I don't believe that for a second...

So much of the PT has just been written to fit in with the OT... and hence doesn't work as well if you watch the PT frist. The PT was designed to be just that... a prequel trilogy to the originals...

that's how I see it anyway...

Eddy Urquia
i believe that Lucas tuned up the old Trilogy in order to allow for them to be graphically compatible with each other. i would watch them in 4,5,6...1,2,3 order as to get the most out of the films story revalations! If viewed 1-6 everything is ruined, everything! I mean even when Ben's ghost shows on Hoth to luke and says" there you will seek Yoda" all this is dead because if you sen the prequels you not only know who Yoda is, you have seen that he is a "Great warrior" "wars do not make one great! all this is dead issues if viewed 1-6. When i first saw Empire and heard him say "there you will seek yoda, the jedi master who instructed me" I thought he was mysterious, a warrior jedi wow. Great warrior, Big guy? when yoda says"I will take you to him" all this loses its power puff moment! I am almost certain there is no question as to the chronological order of the films do dictate one's perception of the film.

Lazerlike42
lol it may actually make Yoda more funny in ESB to watch it 1-6

DeVi| D0do
haha true big grin

Fishy
OT first then Episode II then I and then III

Seriously OT and then PT like it was made... best way imo. At least when you see it for the first time, if you have already seen it then it doesn't really matter

Jedi Priestess
4,5,6,1,2,3 and Ken that is the funninest sig I have ever seen. laughing out loud

jango fatt
Oh, you're Lance Windu

tlbauerle

*Quagmire* Alright!

or maybe...

There are a million combinations...

Morridini
Originally posted by tlbauerle
There are a million combinations...

Um, no. Only 720 combinations, do your math.

hayden's minx
I have just watched them I II III IV V VI and I'm no stranger to Star Wars- watching them in that order is cool, but I agree that if you're new watch them IV V VI I II III
:P

Sesse
First one should see episode 3 to spoil it all. "You were the chosen one!"
Next one to see would be episode 5. ("I am your father"wink
Then one should watch episode 4. ("Vader killed your father"wink
Then episode 6 ("I am the emperor. I have force lightning, njah,njah!"wink
Then episode 2 ("I am anakin, I marry Padme, and becoma a jedi!"
Finally episode 1 ("Who is Darth Sidious, and what happens to Anakin?"wink

Guaranteed experience.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
4,5,6,1,2,3 and Ken that is the funninest sig I have ever seen. laughing out loud

Of course it is...

Eleonora
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
IV, V, IV, I, II, III is the way I'd watch it...

Idem. smile It's more shocking and way more emotional this way.

moviejunkie23
1-6

ApolloX
IV-VI then I-III if youve never seen them.
I-VI if youve seen them already.

EMF universe

finti
feel more for his character?, man he has always been my fav SW character, the movie industry best bad ass ever.

"apology accepted Captain Needa " talk about being ice cold

ragesRemorse
I would watch 1,2,3 then 4,5,6. Because after watching three master pieces, who the hell would want to sit through 1,2,3?

DeVi| D0do
very true...

but I think I'd watch 4, 5, 6 one day and 1, 2, 3 the next...

ragesRemorse
I dont think i will even ever own episode 1 and 2. If i buy episode 3 i may spring for the other two just because im a collector. I think the only positive things to come from the prequals were the light saber scenes and darth maul. I believe these are the only two things worth mentioning of the prequals. Even the light saber battles were few and far between. For being the final star wars flick, i truly believe there should have been more jedi action. Aside from episode 3 and the end of 1 and 2 we were given very little saber action.

vader519
After youe see Episode 3, it makes 1 & 2 better to watch. Well eveyones talked about how the the big twist in ESb will be gone. GL said if you want the twist to still be a surprise, and you show these movies to your childre, watch them 4,5,6,1,2,3. When they get older and undertand that Vader is Luke's father and how Anakin became Vader, then you can watch them 1,2,3,4,5,6.

theshakl
1-6! SO MANY MORE SUPRISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am your father"
...pshh..
that doesn't compare to Anakin going all EVIL!!! WHAT A SHOCKER TO PEOPLE WATCHING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by theshakl

"I am your father"
...pshh..
that doesn't compare to Anakin going all EVIL!!! WHAT A SHOCKER TO PEOPLE WATCHING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!

You really think that would be more surprising than finding out that vadar was lukes father? I mean anakin going to the dark side really isnt a surprise, it is just the pace of the story. It isnt like one moment he is good and the enxt he is killing children. It was a gradual pace leading up to an obvious occurrence.

DeVi| D0do
the bottom line is, wether you've seen any of the films or not, everyone knows Anakin becomes Darth Vader, and everyone know Vader is Luke's father...

theshakl
"the bottom line is, wether you've seen any of the films or not, everyone knows Anakin becomes Darth Vader, and everyone know Vader is Luke's father..."

well that is just stupid...contrary to popular belief some people are completely clueless and second of all you aren't thinkin of the future.. u know..there is a future out there........

fini
1-6 for sure, well we could kinda skip 1.

and i agree with someone before, u'll have all the info now and come up with even more questions bout 4-6

Eddy Urquia
Originally posted by theshakl

"I am your father"
...pshh..

I belive the "I am your father" is a greater moment to cherishthan the notion that Anakin goes evil. Remaber, in Ep II, he does a few Jedi thinsg like killing sandbabies and their families, and gets married, and he even took off on young Owen's speeder bike without permission in order to seek out his mother, and Ep Ii already kida spoiled that one. Therefore the movies should be seen 4,5,6, 1,2,3 as to save the "I'm your father' suprise intact, with its full impact!

Obi-wan2005
ep 3...in 4, 5, and 6 you knever knew about darth vader and what he went through who he was before, and how he turned this gave you a new prospective know you feel sad whenever you see vader

moonwalker741
456123, when you watch 123 you could see alot of things connect and it makes it really interesting, and also, if you watch it as 123456, the surprises in 456 are ruined

bib_fortuna
i agree that the movies should be watched OT first, then PT if you are a SW noob, but i really liked watching it 1-6, just because, as i have said before, it gives me a whole new appreciation for Vader. and besides, when you already know everything, it's fun to watch them in order.

Darth Jayno
4,5,6,1,2,3 but it would be cool to be unaware that palps is sith and in control of the senet. It would be cool to have the films erased from your memory so we could try both ways wink

Robin Darkside
same order as theoretical release. same way most people began to love it

SixOfTwelve

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.