qui gon cut..why please leave source

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moviejunkie23
hey anyone know exactly why the qui gon scene was cut? post a source if you know why

Cheesiness
Because I don't like him.

mtryder
I have no idea, but I do know that it infuriates me. If that's not on the DVD, I might have to go on over to skywalker ranch and have wordswith this lucas character.

moviejunkie23
i agree mtyder, what in the world would call for cutting that scene??? i am ticked but a little curios as to why now as well

Lazerlike42
I've poked around on the internet there is a lot of contradiction on this question. Some places seem to say Liam Neeson liked TPM, but hated the script for AOTC and thought it was shallow, so he said he'd never do another Star Wars movie.

Others say that when asked if he was in Ep3 he said he couldn't comment, and that it was top secret Jedi business. This leads them to speculate he'll be on the DVD and it is a secret.

mtryder
The man discovered how to become a force ghost, and in the process proved his force capability to such a degree that YODA felt compelled to become his learner. He showed that the stoicism and detachment of the Jedi Order--the same traits that ultimately drove Anakin away--were a foolish mistake to begin with. He showed that love DOES have a place within the Jedi Order, yet George freaking Lucas decided that this wasn't important enough to be shown on screen. Since, you know, it's only possibly the most revealing moment in the entire trilogy.

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by mtryder
The man discovered how to become a force ghost, and in the process proved his force capability to such a degree that YODA felt compelled to become his learner. He showed that the stoicism and detachment of the Jedi Order--the same traits that ultimately drove Anakin away--were a foolish mistake to begin with. He showed that love DOES have a place within the Jedi Order, yet George freaking Lucas decided that this wasn't important enough to be shown on screen. Since, you know, it's only possibly the most revealing moment in the entire trilogy.

I KNOW!!!!
thats what pissed me off it wasn't in there
i hope its on the dvd

DeVi| D0do
I still think Neeson is just being a stubborn ass...

there's no other reason for the scene to have been cut, and for them to have to have used TPM dialogue in AOTC.

I doubt it'll be on the DVD...

isn't that why the called the kid Liam in AOTC... to show how childish he was being?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
hey anyone know exactly why the qui gon scene was cut? post a source if you know why

well. what would have been the reason to include qui gon?

moviejunkie23
because it was filmed roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.