Why Padme had no action sequences

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lazerlike42
Couldn't think where this would go if anywhere else sorry link it etc. etc. etc.

Portman's Pregnancy Made To Measure
19 May 2005 (WENN)
Screen siren Natalie Portman was sad to turn her back on action sequences in the final Star Wars movie Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith, because her character Padme Amidala is pregnant with Anakin Skywalker's twins. The Garden State beauty accepted the challenge of seeing out her sci-fi role by sporting a strap-on bump to simulate Padme's different stages of pregnancy. Despite her regret at having to take a more pedestrian role, Portman is aware action sequences featuring a pregnant woman would have upset lots of viewers. The 23-year-old tells Empire magazine, "There's definitely a lot less action for me. It would be kind of ridiculous to have a pregnant woman doing that. Not to mention unethical." On her prosthetic attachment, Portman adds, "There were a couple of different sizes. I think they made the bump to my measurements, but I didn't have to have, like, a cast made of my stomach. They made it for my proportions, because having a six-foot girl's bump would have looked kind of ridiculous on me."

Mist
and...? i wouldnt have expected her to do anyhting...she didnt need to anyway..

Lazerlike42
I know but a lot of people have complained that her role was ruined because she had all sorts of action in the other two films so she was an underused character and it was poor writing etc. etc.

snehin
i think the answer is obvious she's pregnant any action would kill the baby or babies in this case

Mist
i see...but how could you expect a pregnant chick to have action scenes anyway?

Lazerlike42
rationally? You can't.

I'll leave it for you to decide if fans are always rational....

snehin
my point thts why she had no action scene

Lazerlike42
you're right lol

snehin
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
rationally? You can't.

I'll leave it for you to decide if fans are always rational....
no i mean she's pregnent svsn if he fight it would be too unrealistic if the babies were 100% so tht's why she has no action its more belive able

Lazerlike42
You are correct. My point is that some fans rarely think things through and are more concerened with what's "cool" then what makes sense.

There are a lot of people who just complain that she has no action and don't take the time to think and understand she is pregnant.

snehin
exactly they dont watch the movie for the entire story they are only interested in the fights

ApolloX
But why no "action"scenes? lol j/k

snehin
she's pregnant she is havin babies u know healthy kids not mentally damaged kids

snehin
get it now??

ApolloX
I know im talking about "action" but its only pg-13.

Mist
it was rated M over heresmokin' i likes...i likes...big grin

Darth Bong
A lot of people seem to think that having a pregnant woman in action scenes is empowering and all that bull-shit. Bottom line is it would be completly out of place in the movie. smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.