Lucas really screwed up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gambit420

Ness
ya that piss me off to

gambit420
Oh, and for some reason the battle droid voices are changed (?)

LandoSpeeder2
but the rest was completely bad @$$! rock I didn't have much of a problem at all with III really. completely lived up to my expectations.

mephistodesigns

adamrubin
you are right

randi_jedi
Natalie Portman is such a great actress, I just felt that he scenes fell flat and short. Don't get me wrong I loved the movie, but this is a nit picking thread. Another 20 minutes of exposition would not have hurt this film at all.

mephistodesigns
i totally agree. Its almost like we have to wait till DVD to REALLY see ROTS. Thats kinda lame. I know the edits had to do with the theatres and gettiing it on more screens, same with LOTR, but its really just silly to do that to a movie like this that could have been 4 hours and still made its money. Anyway, at least they'll be a lot of excitment when the DVD comes out I guess.

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
i totally agree. Its almost like we have to wait till DVD to REALLY see ROTS. Thats kinda lame. I know the edits had to do with the theatres and gettiing it on more screens, same with LOTR, but its really just silly to do that to a movie like this that could have been 4 hours and still made its money. Anyway, at least they'll be a lot of excitment when the DVD comes out I guess. yeah, that does suck. I want him to just take the PT and just put everything he wants in it without worying about the time.

mephistodesigns
Serously. How much better would AOTC have been with showing Padme's family? That was where all the character development was!! It really would have given it a softer feel. And it would have been a great parallel to showing Ani's childhood home in TPM. Who knows, maybe when all 6 get boxed up together he'll re-edit stuff back in to all of 'em. We can only hope...

LandoSpeeder2
Serously. How much better would AOTC have been with showing Padme's family? That was where all the character development was!! It really would have given it a softer feel. And it would have been a great parallel to showing Ani's childhood home in TPM. Who knows, maybe when all 6 get boxed up together he'll re-edit stuff back in to all of 'em. We can only hope... yeah, I couldn't believe he cut it. timing wouldn't have been a problem considering it was only 2 freakin minutes long!

Darth Halo
hey I feel the same way about this movie it is indeed very good and I have been waitng for a very long time to see it. But a lot of things were left out that could have been explained and I think some scenes needed to be left out. I really don't understand why kashyyk was filmed for so long. Also can anyone notice that in ANH anakins saber is not blue.

mephistodesigns
oh christ...not this s**t again. Yes it was, ANH just has crappy effects, and the color correction team oversaturated the green in that seen on the DVD. And that's all we vets want to hear about that convo!

Ic3man
Did any one notice that Threepio..having been made by Anakin on Tatooine..and having lived with the Lars family...has no idea he landed on his home planet in the beginning of ANH??? i mean.. that was the weirdest part i found about the transition from ROTS to ANH.....he might have had a memory modification...but still..how does he remember all the battles but not know his own planet....strange isnt it

mephistodesigns
Yeah strange....unless of course you were listening when bail gave the droids to captain antilles and said "..And have the protocol droids memory erased".

Ic3man
Oh yea...i forgot that..he did say that didn't he....hehe...oops...my bad..oh well....i guess everything fits...now...i feel better

Ic3man
one thing i liked about ROTS..was the character build up of Anakin....from "I Will follow the Jedi Order"...to..."Are the Jedi hungry for Power"...to..."The Jedi are traitors to the Republic"...all thanks to the infamous...Palp..

mephistodesigns
there were a lot of little details easy to miss when everything was happening soooo fast.

gambit420
He didn't run from Yoda, he knocked him down hard. And he was faking his defeat.
I was referring to when Palpatine tries to run away in his office and yoda asks why he's leaving if he's soo powerful. Good points tho

alexanderluthor
you all guys are right!!! right after the movie ends.... iwas like walking on thin air, i just couldn't believe such greatness, and the final scene...... it was like saying A NEW HOPE is coming or something like that, then i went home, and started to think how many things this movie lacks of, i didn't like that for example, most of the things were rushed, i know it's only a 2 hour movie but... still, lucas should have thought about this before, anyone knows what am talking about?

ali236

ragesRemorse

These scenes will be edited in on DVD.

**"Anakin's final move in the duel - What? that's it?? We've waiting 30 years for that??"**

What is anakins final move supposed to be?

Spectr4L
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I was wondering the same thing...

jango fatt
It was so cool
Ani's final move
It was a very cool surprise
i liked it

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by jango fatt
It was so cool
Ani's final move
It was a very cool surprise
i liked it

What the hell are you talking about? anakins final move? do you mean screaming in pain?

Hayden'sgurl
i don't know how many people mentioned this, but they did not handle the Qui-gon thing well at all. my family was all confused on that note. that's basiclly the only thing that really bugged me. and how the emporer was like drunk. and yoda's fingernail on a chalkboard like thing.

DeVi| D0do
They handled Qui Gon badly because Liam Neeson refused to do the voice work...

or so my understanding is...

ragesRemorse
how did they handle the qui gon scene badly? It wasnt even necassary. What about it confused you hayden?

Darth Elmo
Originally posted by gambit420
Oh, and for some reason the battle droid voices are changed (?)

Yeah, I was use to having threepo as the comic relief!

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

that's a typo. I didn't mean move, I meant the final battle at the end of the movie and was typing faster than I could think.

I meant the duel was too short and I know they filmed more because they were boasting it would be the longest duel ever at 13 mins. But it was like 5 tops. So hopefull all the other footage from the duel is put back in.

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by Darth Elmo
Yeah, I was use to having threepo as the comic relief!

i think he meant the battle droids, whose actual voices were new voices. probably to show they were newer droids.

astrofan428
I think they got away with something mephisto, if you time the duel from the start and dont stop during the yoda segments it runs around 12-13 minutes. Maybe that is what they boasted.

Although I remember a couple specific shots they didnt show.

mephistodesigns
no. they specifically said in countless magazine interviews and in the Return of Darth Vader doc on the OT DVD special disc, that it would be 13 mins. WITHOUT cuts. All just the two of them fighting. Then they added the Yoda/Sids fight (which is one of the segments Speilburg had imput on). I remember it was in the very early coverage, Nick and Hayden kept pumping it up "the longest duel ever on film without cuts". And how they put so much work into it. And then BAM its cut up.

astrofan428
I know, it sucks.

I was just trying to be an ass. big grin

unno
Just a comment on the fact that Obi-Wan doesn't talk to the Lars family at all. He can't, because it's the end of the movie. The end of every Star Wars movie plays like a silent film, with only music and visuals. Still, it makes sense. There's no reason to think the Obi-Wan didn't contact them while he was on his way there. It is possible to tell people things without talking to them face-to-face.

Unno

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by astrofan428
I know, it sucks.

I was just trying to be an ass. big grin

laughing good job! i hate how its impossible to tell sarcasm in forums sometimes...

EHmasterJedi
Your right about the Imperial march they SO F*CKED UP! on that i mean DAYUM what better place in the hole dam saga to play than when Anakin was marching to the temple, you have to wonder if he purposly wanted to dissapoint there LOL, i mean they played it in the tv spot and everything HELLO! LOL

xeous
The movie disappointed me.

Although it shouldn't have.

I knew that a ton of speaking had to be crammed into it and Lucas is TERRIBLE at dialogue.

I'll give him credit though, it had me wondering if I was cheering for the right side with as convincing as the Emperor was.

astrofan428
laughing good job! i hate how its impossible to tell sarcasm in forums sometimes...

Only way to do it is to put a smilie on there, other wise people think your flaming them. It is hard, I am a very sarcastic person.

mephistodesigns
me too. i've had to be really careful to remember the smilies, when i first started on here a few years back, everyone was also thinking I was just a dick who wanted to flame them. Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.