Influence of the Terminator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Leader
When Anakin has burned on the lava bed, we see his mechanical hand dragging himself up, and later, when the mask is lowered, we see the eyes closely resemble that of the Terminator's.

To me, this was a superb way of portraying Vader as the machine he will soon become. Also, the use of machines as evil is reminicent of the Terminator.

DenKi
Yeah, i was looking closly into that Helmets eye part to see what Vader would see, its very wierd

Red Leader
The use of visuals used by the Terminator really helped sum up the fact that Vader, like the Terminator, was nothing more than a monsterous machine. That is until he finally redeems himself.

DenKi
I can get a pic if anyone likes of What Vader sees through his Mask, taken from the Movie

adamrubin
i would

adamrubin

moviejunkie23
interesting red leader

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Red Leader
The use of visuals used by the Terminator really helped sum up the fact that Vader, like the Terminator, was nothing more than a monsterous machine. That is until he finally redeems himself.

Dude these two movies have absolutely NOTHING to do with one another. No inspiration was taken from the terminator and incoorperated into star wars.

moviejunkie23
i agree its probably not influenced but i like his conclusion that vader becomes basically just a maurading souless terminator, thats pretty much what he is until Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.