PLEASE , stop whinning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Camo Di Mass
...about no Qui Gon Jinn in the movie ...

I'm sure there wasn't supposed to be any scene with him but all the fans around the world started imagining how cool it would be and there were talking about it for so long that they were almost sure it's gonna be there...

And I'm sure there is not going to be any cut scene on the dvd ..

Why ?

First of all , there were no set photos with Liam Neeson , Qui Gon Jinn was never supposed to be coming back as a ghost , it's what we imagined after hearing his voice in Ep II which I'm sure was just his voice from Ep I when Darth Maul is attacking him and Anakin on Tatooine , it was just added so that the scene had a bigger impact ...

Liam Neeson didn't really like prequels , when he was asked about being in Ep III , he had to say that it's some kind of secret because if he said "Yes" or "No" , he would break the contract about keeping the secrets of next movies ...

And for the love of God ..do you really think scene with actor like Liam Neeson (Rob Roy , Kingdom Of Heaven , Kinsey ) would be cut out ? That would be like a slap in the face for any actor as great as he is and George wouldn't do it because he has enough enemies in film industry. What I'm trying to say is that he is not some stupid Bai Ling or something and the scene we were waiting for was too important for the Star Wars saga to be missed .

Lucas explained it to us the only way he could , that you can connect with Qui Gon who became a living force by meditation and you can learn to do the same ...

Of course he could have again used some overdubs like another Qui Gon line from Ep I but it could only be like "Yodaaaaaa" or "Obi Waaaaan" with a lot of reverb and wouldn't it suck even more than what we have now ?

So get over it . No Qui Gon . There never will be . There was never supposed to be . Just calm down and enjoy the movie the way it is because it's so cool ...Amen..

Reborn Again
Sounds like someone needs a nap.

DeVi| D0do
Well said Camo Di Mass. I agree completely.

Lana
I have to say one thing in reply to this thread.....

The screenplay said otherwise stick out tongue

DarthLithic
read the book. it's in there. and the scene was in there where Yoda spoke with Qui Gon. He didn't apear, it was just voice.

DeVi| D0do
That scene in the screenplay was horrible anyway... it's better this way.

Lana
Yeah, the scene was scripted badly. But Yoda's random reference probably confused people. It should have been rewritten, not cut altogether.

Morning_Glory
I was waiting to see Liam Neeson

amane
no, there wasn't any Gui-Gon, yet he was mentioned.

i'm more upset that he was mentioned, that he had achieved a Force Ghost, and is never seen or heard from in episodes 4, 5, and 6...

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by Camo Di Mass
...about no Qui Gon Jinn in the movie ...

I'm sure there wasn't supposed to be any scene with him but all the fans around the world started imagining how cool it would be and there were talking about it for so long that they were almost sure it's gonna be there...

And I'm sure there is not going to be any cut scene on the dvd ..

Why ?

First of all , there were no set photos with Liam Neeson , Qui Gon Jinn was never supposed to be coming back as a ghost , it's what we imagined after hearing his voice in Ep II which I'm sure was just his voice from Ep I when Darth Maul is attacking him and Anakin on Tatooine , it was just added so that the scene had a bigger impact ...

Liam Neeson didn't really like prequels , when he was asked about being in Ep III , he had to say that it's some kind of secret because if he said "Yes" or "No" , he would break the contract about keeping the secrets of next movies ...

And for the love of God ..do you really think scene with actor like Liam Neeson (Rob Roy , Kingdom Of Heaven , Kinsey ) would be cut out ? That would be like a slap in the face for any actor as great as he is and George wouldn't do it because he has enough enemies in film industry. What I'm trying to say is that he is not some stupid Bai Ling or something and the scene we were waiting for was too important for the Star Wars saga to be missed .

Lucas explained it to us the only way he could , that you can connect with Qui Gon who became a living force by meditation and you can learn to do the same ...

Of course he could have again used some overdubs like another Qui Gon line from Ep I but it could only be like "Yodaaaaaa" or "Obi Waaaaan" with a lot of reverb and wouldn't it suck even more than what we have now ?

So get over it . No Qui Gon . There never will be . There was never supposed to be . Just calm down and enjoy the movie the way it is because it's so cool ...Amen..

cut & paste by Camo Di Mass

Delta51VE
Dude . . .

Whining is spelled with one "n" not two. I thought you might want to know that.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Lana
Yeah, the scene was scripted badly. But Yoda's random reference probably confused people. It should have been rewritten, not cut altogether.

That was just sloppy film making.

bib_fortuna
there is a lot of "whining" done on this website from a lot of ppl who have different opinions .. frankly, i wanted Qui Gon and i won't just "get over it" just like you won't with one aspect or another with the movie that you think should be changed or added, so plz out of respect, don't just post a three paragraph long *****-fest. obviously lots of ppl feel this way about Qui-Gon, mainly bc he is a great actor and we want more of him.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Lana

yeah, I agree... but I'm still of belief that Neeson wouldn't do the voice parts anyway so it doesn't really matter how it was written...

vader519
Enjoy the movie for what it is. The movie is great, and lets just leave it at that. I am sure the scene will be on thedvd. Liam Nesson did film his cameo earlier this year. He confirmed it in January in a USA Today article.

DeVi| D0do
I do remember reading that a while ago... but I'd very much like to see this article...

vader519
Let me try to find it and I will post it.

DeVi| D0do

Obi-wan2005
l

vader519
I still think he did shoot the scene.

PadmeAmidala15
Originally posted by DarthLithic
read the book. it's in there. and the scene was in there where Yoda spoke with Qui Gon. He didn't apear, it was just voice.
Well maybe that scene was in the book, but they can't copy everything from it... it is just a movie after all. It was still a good movie. I don't think that scene would've been necessary. (SP?)

PadmeAmidala15
Actually, forget that. I read on, and frankly, I don't want to get involved. It sounds like it could get leathal. Good movie. No Qui Gon. It stinks. But it is a mystery of life. (I never posted before...)

jediwilldaddy
there is no qui-gon scene.. he was not to be in the movie or at least not to be seen in the movie.. the script however called for an extended scene just before bail tell yoda that obi wan has made contact after his duel with anakin.. if you remember yoda was meditatin when bail interrupted him.. qui-gon had a voice over explaining the whole deal about preserving ones essence and becoming one with the force.. yoda mentions that qui-gon is a great jedi master and that he will now be his student.. then enter bail as yoda opens his eyes.... so that is why there were never any screenshots of qui-gon or liam neeson for that matter because he was never on set but just in the studio.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.