How deep does Palpatines plan go?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

koolruningz
We all know Palpatine initiated the Separatists invasion of Naboo, got him self elected Chancellor, ordered the clone army (or got someone to do it), started the clone wars, arranged for his kidnapping by Grievous and finally tuned Anakin to the darkside. What im wondering is what other more subtle plans did he instigate? One i have been wondering about was putting Padme and Anakin together in AOTC. He suggests that Obi Wan and Anakin be appointed Padmes guardians, but did he sense they could become involved therefore distancing Anakin from the Jedi and giving himself more leverage in the future especially in ROTS. I think Palpatines overall plan is a fantastic part of the PT but im wondering how deep it really goes. Thoughts?

juggernaut74
I think people give Palpatine way too many props.

DeVi| D0do
I don't think they give him enough...

The Emperor, ROTJ: "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design."

juggernaut74
Even the part where Luke turns him down and Vader throws him down the power shaft?

DeVi| D0do

Robin Darkside
I thought about that myself. He most likely goes as deep, more than you can imagine. When palpatine advised the council for Obiwan to protect senator padme, Yoda looked suspicious and could sense something. Palpatine knew they would form a relationship which obviously benefits him by helping anakin convert to the darkside. Dont forget, Everything always goes as planned and he can foresee it happening. Thats why he knew about Anakin and Padme being pregnant during the sceen when Anakin finally found out that Palpatine was the sith lord and pulled a lightsaber on him. So, he convinced him the only way to save Padme is to learn about the Darkside.

padmeamidala
Do you think the "dreams" Anakin was having were from Palpatine speaking to him? I've been wondering this because Padme didn't really die from childbirth but from a broken heart, which only happened after Anakin turned to the darkside. It took something as serious as a threat to Padme's life to turn Anakin to the dark side, but I don't really think her life was threatened until Anakin turned to the dark side....

So I'm thinking perhaps the "dreams" were Palpatine speaking to him. After all, we hear Palpatine's voice speaking to Anakin when he's nervously waiting in the Jedi temple. And, looking back, it would have been good manipulating (from Palpatine's standpoint) in Ep. II to get Anakin to kill those sandpeople (via the "dreams" of his mother), because it gave him a taste of revenge killing, so maybe it was Palpatine all along giving him these visions... I think his plan is possibly very deep indeed.

Robin Darkside
Cant be, because the dreams he had actually became real. Palpatine could have gave him the dreams but the fact is, it is going to happen. Palpatine isn;t actually making those things happen.

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Even the part where Luke turns him down and Vader throws him down the power shaft? Yes, even that. Datrth Vader even tells Luke in ESB that the emperor has foreseen being overthrown. Being a Sith lord is a two-edged sword...you KNOW that you will eventually be killed by your apprentice, but you desire for the Sith to continue, so you want a strong successor...

koolruningz
I guess Palpatine didnt foresee Vader redeeming himself with that act though. He probably thought Vader and maybe Luke would overthrow him and continue as Sith.
I know this is from the Clone Wars cartoon, but he also just seemed to get Dooku to recruit Ventress as a tool for Anakin to release the darkside on.

jimmy986
anakin also does not specify that padme dies from childbirth if i remember correctly. he says she dies during childbirth which she does. and even if he did say FROM it was just a misinterpretation of what he saw b/c he had no way of knowing that he would do the things he did

Y-chromo kid
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I don't think they give him enough...

The Emperor, ROTJ: "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design."

Twenty minutes later... "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.