KID KILLING & redemption

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bILLYgOAT
why did Anakin feel the need to kill the younglings ?

as a father,
he should have had a hell of a lot more compassion for human life, especially the life of children.

I just don't buy his sudden unreasonable hatred to justify the murder of infants by his own hands.
Did he think his actions would make Padme proud of him?

tbh
after watching the scene, it makes his redemption scene at the end of ROTJ look cheap, nasty & insincere.

whats your thoughts?

Morning_Glory
I think it just showed how dark he could be.. going to the darkside...

mysterio69
well, palpy said all jedi are enemies of the republic, so he offed the lil' bastards. he was just consumed by the dark side, and plus he had to make palpy happy if he wanted to learn the way to keep padme alive. you could see the tear on his face at mustafar. he's obviously not really enjoying what he did, he just feels he has to do it.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by bILLYgOAT
why did Anakin feel the need to kill the younglings ?

as a father,
he should have had a hell of a lot more compassion for human life, especially the life of children.

I just don't buy his sudden unreasonable hatred to justify the murder of infants by his own hands.
Did he think his actions would make Padme proud of him?

tbh
after watching the scene, it makes his redemption scene at the end of ROTJ look cheap, nasty & insincere.

whats your thoughts?

because his "master" told him to "Do this" so that they could pursue that so called "secret life-giving ability" that only the dark side was supposedly able to provide... he was doing whatever was asked of him so that he may find out how to save padme, not realising how drastic his actions were <- did that in case noone wanted to know hehe

bILLYgOAT
ok
so we agree that his motive was to save Padme, whatever the cost.

I wonder if Padme would enjoy the death of children
ultimately on her hands ?

mysterio69
well, he knew how drastic his actions were. the dark side and his fear of losing padme turns him into a crazy mofo, i guess. remember: fear leads to anger, etc....

mysterio69
ok
so we agree that his motive was to save Padme, whatever the cost.

I wonder if Padme would enjoy the death of children
ultimately on her hands ?
ummm...i'm gonna go out on a limb here, but i'm guessing....no. but that's just my opinion. smile

bILLYgOAT
unfortunately,
there is little or no consequence from Anakins terrible actions in the film,

a better writer would have had more moral dilemmas for Anakin, instead of a happy descent into hell, with only a tacky tear-drop on Mustafar as a cheap trade-off for guilt.

SaTsuJiN
there was no need for moral dilemma.. after agreeing to do whatever sith lord wanted.. anakin no longer had a sense of right and wrong.. there was .. "padme lives" or "padme dies" and nothing else

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by mysterio69
....no.
expand please

sith_darth_jay
wasn't he crying before killing them?

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
there was no need for moral dilemma.. after agreeing to do whatever sith lord wanted.. anakin no longer had a sense of right and wrong.. there was .. "padme lives" or "padme dies" and nothing else

Anakin was a Jedi for 13 years.
How can you accept that he could murder defenseless children that trusted him.

Anakin deliberated over the destruction of Windu and showed real regret over his killing of a man who genuinely didn't trust him and who was armed and ready
btw
the SITH LORD was screaming for him to kill Mace, and still Anakin deliberated.

ragesRemorse
People are blowing fu*kin gasgets over a one second scene that was not nearly as ruthless as other scenes from star war movies.

Rogue Jedi
he killed the younglings because they were jedi prospects, capable of one day becoming full fledged jedi.

theshakl
the darkside is addicting and confuses you
"Once U start down the darkside forever will it dominate your destiny"

its additcing and when you are drugged up..you are not clear headed

mysterio69
expand please
not much to expand on, really. padme would be devastated if she found out that his murder of the younglings had anything to do with her. not sure what you're asking me to expand on with that one. and as for consequences, well, he gets sliced into chop-liver, then spends the next bunch of years as palpy's lacky errand-boy, instead of ruling the empire...and he lost padme. so, there's plenty of consequences.

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
People are blowing fu*kin gasgets over a one second scene that was not nearly as ruthless as other scenes from star war movies.

what other scenes where more ruthless?

bILLYgOAT
Think of a Junior School in your hometown

A Cheap crack addicted punk & his gang walk into that school in your hometown and opens fire.
the gang he is with are wiping out the seniors , while he, the CHEAP CRACK PUNK LEADER, wants to murder to children in the junior section by himself.
Every child they see is murdered, or later tracked down and killed

20 years later & Mr Crack is on death row & he has decided to come over to the light side of religion.
Do you Think that Mr Crack should go free, or fry?

The Ones
fry

masterwindu
and noone will attend his funeral

mysterio69
remember that in these movies, the force is what matters. the jedi and sith seem to be above everyone else. and if he has to kill the jedi, including younglings on his path to bring balance to the force, than so be it. in the end, balance is brought to the force, and that is why he is redeemed.

tpaquin
See, the younglings' death was necessary to connect the Prequels to Statler's killing of the Muppet babies.

http://www.kermitage.com/graphics/collectibles/Rare%20Items/cells/Muppet%20Babies%20Cel%20with%20Waldorf.jpg

You will notice that Beaker is decidedly absent.

Because he is Jedi Master Sifo Dyas.

mysterio69
good lord...it all makes sense now!!! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.