Kratos vs Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Avalonofthewind
Who wins?

RoyMC
dante

zachrivard
kratos wins w/ esaily

Wanderer259
I say tie. This is a half-demon vs a half-god.

If this is Kratos after the game's end, however, I'd have to go with Kratos.

CorderaMitchell
How was god of war I haven't played it yet.

Dizzle
It's pretty sweet. And giving Kratos Pandora's Box is kinda cheating. But giving Dante his Sparda powers would be too...

MightyEInherjar
bump.

I was talking about this with my roommate yesterday.

So, how's it go?

Burning thought
Kratos God> Dante

Kratos=Dante i think either could win in their normal forms although quicksilver is a bit of a cheat as well since Kratos cant fight if hes slowed down to a crawl, hes slow enough already

Charlotte DeBel
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=448614&highlight=title%3A%28Dante+vs+Kratos%29

God Kratos is prtty much unkillable (just as Dante in his Super Sparda form, so it's pretty hard to judge and most probably Kratos wins by boring Dante).
Dante has a power of flight on his disposal and is faster than Kratos. Knocking flying Dante with lightning would be most probably difficult or even unreal since he gets the ability to fly (I'm talking about regular demonic form, not Sparda/Super Sparda high demonic forms which are high invulnerable) by channeling the lightning from lightning-related Devil Arms into his body. There's even an opinion that extra lightning would just power Dante up.

Dante is faster, can fly, has better range attacks.

Rascaduanok

lightness
dante

Sado22
Kratos.
next to everything he fights is atleast 3 times his size and he STILL overpowers them. this is not even a contest in terms of power. I'm talking about impaling a hydra on a mast using brute strength, headbutting a minotaur down and pwning it, picking up a person and tearing him in half, folding a person backwards, riping off the wings of a damn griffin and throwing it down like a stone, pulling apart Atlas's crushing grip (a titan who is holding up the WORLD)

this fight will be terribly shortlived if Kratos manages to get his hands on this showoff (cringes cuz he remembers the DMC3 cutscenes). and he definitely will.

and what is this stuff about Kratos being slow? anyone checked out his agility in the in-games during the boss fights? the guy is as nimble as a cat and as powerful as sabretooth.

as far as weaponry goes:
-blades of chaos/blades of athena are long ranged and he has two of them which he weilds with exceptional power and speed.
as for side arms:
GOW2:
-typons bane: a magical bowandarrow that he can shoot at all sides within seconds
-cronos rage: a localized lightning bolt that can pwn the crap out of anyone
-atlas rage: smacks the ground like Terry's powerwave only here he isn't talking powerwave as he is talking a freaking earthquake.
-medusa's gaze/gorgon's head: petrifies the opponent. lets see Dante run when he sees this ugly mother.

from GOW1
-zeus's fury: same as cronos's rage only he chucks them at the opponent
-poseiden's rage: same as cronos rage
-army of hades: name speaks for itself.

and then there is rage of the gods/rage of titans whcih gives him near invulnerability, speed and power. as it is Kratos is insanely power.

Kratos rapes Dante. 9/10.

*ties his arms with burning chains and blades, shaves his head, tattoos his face and tries to impale a hydra on a mast of a ship*

~The Hydra Impaling Sado-sama

Longinus
Yea ok Dante wins, stronger, smarter and faster. An impalement killed Kratos, when Dante was impaled he survived and mastered what impaled him(Alastor). Just because Kratos was a half god didn't stop him from getting his ass beat by that barbarian, which was the event that basically catapulted Kratos to who he is now. How can you stop someone who is stronger than you, more durable, using more versatile weapons, hella faster, can stop time, create dopplegangers, teleport and block and reflect virtually any attack thrown at him? If a mortal, ie Kratos could kill Ares then Dante can do the same to Kratos.

shin_gear
*Sigh* this topic is kind of...redundant..

Dante > Kratos by a long shot.

I've always though Kratos as the God of War > Super Sparda Dante but again I'm not so sure.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Longinus
Yea ok Dante wins, stronger, smarter and faster. An impalement killed Kratos, when Dante was impaled he survived and mastered what impaled him(Alastor). Just because Kratos was a half god didn't stop him from getting his ass beat by that barbarian, which was the event that basically catapulted Kratos to who he is now. How can you stop someone who is stronger than you, more durable, using more versatile weapons, hella faster, can stop time, create dopplegangers, teleport and block and reflect virtually any attack thrown at him? If a mortal, ie Kratos could kill Ares then Dante can do the same to Kratos.

I already gave my opinion on those lightning bolts. Dante uses more versalite weapons.

Also the thing is...Doppleganger looks almost exactly like Dante, but he's INVULNERABLE to any attcks. That decoy can be used as sort of living shiled, placed instead of real Dante in front of Kratos' attacks.

As for Kratos' ranged weaponry, it's not as good compared to Dante's. The whole stuff was discussed before in the thread featuring Dante vs mortal Kratos.
People agreed that Dante wins that like 7/10.

HonkyTonkMan
Dante has Ebony and Ivory which are the difference makers. He has far too much range for Kratos, however if Kratos got close he could give Dante a huge beatdown. (However Dante can take huge beatings, like the one from Nero)

Sado22
Kratos was killed by an impalement because that was the specialty of the sword.....it was anti-titan anti-god type of a blade. it wasn't a regular impalement by an ordinary weapon. in one of the in-games Kratos gets impaled and doesn't even flinch.
*the part where he is flying on pegasus and the griffins attack him*
heck he didn't even have a mark to show for it. play GOW2 again people! mad

oh and exactly how is Dante stronger than Kratos? confused

Nero is a f@g. don't even compare that lameo to Kratos. Kratos would literally tear Dante in half. no exaggeration. no matter how much Dante runs.........Kratos WILL catch him.

as for the dopplegangers....Kratos can counter with Rage of the Gods/Rage of the Titans. invulnerable, faster, burning and hellova lot stronger.

Dante. May. Die.

~Sado

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Sado22
Kratos was killed by an impalement because that was the specialty of the sword.....it was anti-titan anti-god type of a blade. it wasn't a regular impalement by an ordinary weapon. in one of the in-games Kratos gets impaled and doesn't even flinch.
*the part where he is flying on pegasus and the griffins attack him*
heck he didn't even have a mark to show for it. play GOW2 again people! mad

oh and exactly how is Dante stronger than Kratos? confused

Nero is a f@g. don't even compare that lameo to Kratos. Kratos would literally tear Dante in half. no exaggeration. no matter how much Dante runs.........Kratos WILL catch him.

as for the dopplegangers....Kratos can counter with Rage of the Gods/Rage of the Titans. invulnerable, faster, burning and hellova lot stronger.

Dante. May. Die.

~Sado

Nero is a damn f@g and a crappy character.
The point with doppleganger was tricking Kratos into attacking a decoy character.
And Dante (at least in human form) isn't as strong as Kratos. His strong points are speed, agility and skill, he may match Kratos in terms of force of hits but not in terms of brute strength.
Denomic form (devil trigger) and high demonic form (Saprda and especially Super Sparda) is entirely different stuff.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=463424&pagenumber=8#post9503035
There some of the Dante's trump cards were discussed.

Charlotte DeBel
I'm going to hate Nero as much as I hate Ash Crimson soon. Lame designs for main characters seem to come into fashion.

Sado22
btw....when did Nero beat up Dante? I can't seem to remember. confused

as for DMC3....if Beowulf (light beast) is supposed to be the toughest boss of DMC unniverse then there is really not much to say. Dante was simply using his speed to AVOID him. Kratos took on the Hydra and overpowered it. then he overpowered Atlas too..the guy who is holding up the world. If this Light beast fought Kratos he would have raped it over in a few seconds.

and once again....KRATOS IS NOT SLOW PEOPLE. he is agile and fast and insanely powerful.

~Sado
P.S. trickster video was pretty cool though.

Sado22
does this look slow to anyone?

shin_gear
No Ganryu22

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Sado22
btw....when did Nero beat up Dante? I can't seem to remember. confused

as for DMC3....if Beowulf (light beast) is supposed to be the toughest boss of DMC unniverse then there is really not much to say. Dante was simply using his speed to AVOID him. Kratos took on the Hydra and overpowered it. then he overpowered Atlas too..the guy who is holding up the world. If this Light beast fought Kratos he would have raped it over in a few seconds.

and once again....KRATOS IS NOT SLOW PEOPLE. he is agile and fast and insanely powerful.

~Sado
P.S. trickster video was pretty cool though.

Not the toughsted, darlingsmile Not the toughstest at all. Difficult gameplaywise and beating of him is a poster showing for "How Royalguard works". But I'll never call him the toughest onesmile

One of the trailers for upcomig DMC4, though I won't call that a "proper beating".
Dante's major advantage is aerial movement, the ability to fly in particular.

grey fox
The fight is mostly determined on the game incarnation and their equipment.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by grey fox
The fight is mostly determined on the game incarnation and their equipment.
yes

Sado22
oh okay. my bad sweetheart love

Kratos is bald. Beat that! mad

~Sado

shin_gear
Bah, no one beats Sado's girly hair.

*Resists to post pic of Homo22 in the thread*

legacy92
Kratos is BALD, Dante will fall for Kratos' "Solar Flare"
hahaha

jks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.