we can see vaders face in ANH!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones
1 flaw. after han returns and vader spins away and hes looking around, look at his eyes, you can see through them and see a man with no facial scars or white head (ROTJ) its normal!

Jerico
Well surprisngly enough the actor behind the mask was infact not scarred and maimed big grin No doubt the scarring was thought up in the last 5 seconds before shooting by George anyhow

The Ones
but still

Ben-Kenobi
ahhh crap WHO CARES!

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by The Ones
1 flaw. after han returns and vader spins away and hes looking around, look at his eyes, you can see through them and see a man with no facial scars or white head (ROTJ) its normal!

back then i thought Darth Vader was a robot.

so did GL probably

DCLXVI
The man you saw was David Prowse, the actor who portrayed Darth Vader in the suit for all three of the OT movies. wink

Vader's makeup and effects were only somewhat realized in the dome-scene in ESB, and even then, Lucas hadn't fully developed what he would look like under the mask.

Plus, the movie was made quite cheaply, you have to remember, so the helmet's eyes were probably made of some flimsy, see-through material.

Plus, the suit was originally just supposed to protect Vader as he boarded the Rebel Blockade Runner.

BTW> Vader was never supposed to be a robot.

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by DCLXVI

BTW> Vader was never supposed to be a robot.

really?

I thought that GL kinda made the sh!t up as he went along.
I can point out numerous plot points to support this

Red Superfly
Yep. Vader was supposed to be the guy who killed Luke's daddy.

Vader's suit was just a space suit really, designed purely because the first scene with Vader in it would be a boarding ship-to-ship scene where the boarding party would need space suts of some sort.

It was only by ESB did they decide to make him into a robot dude who NEEDED the suit at all times, and actually turned him into Lukes father.

DCLXVI
Originally posted by bILLYgOAT
really?

I thought that GL kinda made the sh!t up as he went along.
I can point out numerous plot points to support this

He sort of did.

Superfly's comment is good. wink

Future Sith
I havnt noticed that, Ill check it out

Saberstylemasta
You are all wrong. The minor points (such as Vaders suit) might have been made as he went along, but GL had the main plot of the entire saga (Ot and PT) thought out before he made the movies.

palpy_666
GL deffinately planned Vader to be Luke's father. Watch Owen and Beru's scene in IV when Beru says "He has too much of his father in him." .. and then Owen says "That's what I'm afraid of."

Also, Vader wasn't supposed to be a robot... in IV, Obi-Wan says "He's more machine now than MAN."

gentmax
We can see Vader's face in ANH!!!

I remember being excited about that in 1982, I was 13 years old, and ANH finally came out on HBO.

Your Father
I watched it last night and noticed the same thing. How come his eyes sometimes look red i thought they were black devil

Master Fisto
From Saberstylemasta:
You are all wrong. The minor points (such as Vaders suit) might have been made as he went along, but GL had the main plot of the entire saga (Ot and PT) thought out before he made the movies.

This is true...we knew before rotj came out that darth vader had fallen into a burning mess, and that hegot totally screwed up...

dflood
Originally posted by Ben-Kenobi
ahhh crap WHO CARES!

big grin big grin

ZoSo
Originally posted by Saberstylemasta

No, you are wrong. Find one of the many sites with the original script on them, and read it.
GL is a good bullsh!tter, because his movies would have sucked the way he originally envisioned them....

Originally posted by palpy_666
GL deffinately planned Vader to be Luke's father. Watch Owen and Beru's scene in IV when Beru says "He has too much of his father in him." .. and then Owen says "That's what I'm afraid of."

Also, Vader wasn't supposed to be a robot... in IV, Obi-Wan says "He's more machine now than MAN."

When Owen said that, it was to back up Obi-Wan's statement of following Ben on a "damn fool-idealistic crusade like your father did". wink
And Ben said that in RotJ, the last film....

Originally posted by Master Fisto
From Saberstylemasta:

This is true...we knew before rotj came out that darth vader had fallen into a burning mess, and that hegot totally screwed up...

No. GL made that comment after RotJ, but he "always had it in his head". Originally, the final battle in RotJ was supposed to take place on a lava-world. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.