Horror Films on TV!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
I thought we could maybe use this thread to post info on Horror films that are to be shown on TV.

(i know this has passsed, but as an example)

eg The Howling / Channel 4 (UK) / Friday 20/05/05 @ 11.40pm.

papabeard
COPYCAT on BBC1 (UK) Tonight Monday 23/05/05 @ 11.15pm-1.05am

MetalHeart
i hate watching them on tv, they always cut out all the death scenes

papabeard
This week :

Well Jason goes to Hell was on Channel 5 on friday night , anyone see it?
and Freddy Vs Jason was on Saturday night on Sky Movies 2,Dracula on Sky Movies 3,Underworld on Sky Movies 4, Night of the Living Dead on Sky Movies 7, The Exorcist on Sky Cinema 1 and Psycho on Sky Cinema 2 , a good night for Horror TV.

!!!!Highlights of the Week :!!!!
Friday 3rd June : Sky Cinema 1 : The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 @ 11.40pm.
Sunday 29th May : Film Four : Peeping Tom @ 2am
Monday 30th May : Sky Movies 5 : Army of Darkness @ 1.35am
Thursday 2nd June : Sky Movies 2 : Dead End @ 10pm

Sunday 29th May :

Sky Movies 8 : Jeepers Creepers 2 @ 8pm
Sky Cinema : The Exorcist @ 11.30pm
Turner Classic Movies : Demon Seed (1977) @ 11.30pm
Film Four : Peeping Tom @ 2am

Monday 30th May :

Sky Movies 5 : Army of Darkness @ 1.35am
Sky Movies 8 : Interview with the Vampire @ 10pm
Sky Movies 9 : Red Dragon @ 10pm

Tuesday 31st May :

BBC 2 : Inseminoid (1981)(Sci-Fi Horror) @ 11.55pm
Sky Movies 6 : Dracula: Dead and Loving It @7pm
Sky Movies 8 : Freddy Vs Jason @ 10pm
SKy Movies 8 : Frailty @ 1.45am

Wednesday 1st June :

Sky Movies 5 : Rats @ 1.40am
Sky Movies 7 : 28 Days Later @ 3.10am
Sky Movies 9 : The Exorcist @ 10pm

Thursday 2nd June :

Sky Movies 2 : Dead End @ 10pm

Friday 3rd June :

Channel 5 : Bone Daddy @ 11.15pm
Sky Movies 1 : Cabin Fever @ 10.30pm
Sky Movies 1 : Swimfan @ 12.05am
Sky Cinema 1 : The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 @ 11.40pm.

Evil Dead
sky movies? what country are you in?.....Never heard of it.

eggmayo
ED, its in England. Sky is the biggest TV company here.
Problem is its incredibly pricey and cuts the best bits out to bypass ratings.

papabeard
Shaun of the Dead was on SKy Movies last night, and it'll be on about 20 more times this week.

And I know its crap but Cherry Falls is on Channel 4 (UK) at 10pm tonight, 12th of June

MildPossession
"i hate watching them on tv, they always cut out all the death scenes"

Usually here in England they don't do that, they just cut them to fit the films into certain time slots, and give warning before a film starts if it has violence in and so on.

I hardly watch films on television.

SlipknoT
I remember when they showed "Day of the Dead" on The Sci Fi Channel laughing

papabeard

papabeard

papabeard
There is a Stephen King season which starts on Channel 5 this friday night, starting with Pet Cemetary

also showing are :

Christine
Salems Lot
Carrie
It .......and others

PS : Stephen King is writing a new book about Zombies. It concerns mobile phones that destroy peoples brains and turns them into Zombies, its called Cell.

papabeard
3 horror films in a row on tv last night. big grin

it was Salems Lot ( not pet cemetary) on Channel 5 last night at about 11pm, followed by Fright Night at 1am and then House 2 at about 3am, good night for horror movies on TV

papabeard
Pet Cemetery is on this Friday Night 19th august on Channel 5 (UK)
followed by Fright Night 2.

Also Full Tilt Boogie is on Channel 4, on either Wednesday or Thrusday night at about 11pm, ill check these details and update later detective

papabeard
Last friday Channel 5 had Christine followed by Friday the 13th, Channel 5 are rocking the horror movies.

Also.........

Return of the Living Dead Sequels Head to SciFi

The Return of the Living Dead sequels both 4 and 5 have been scheduled to get a release on October 7th. Well now it appears that won't happen. It looks like the films will be getting the dreaded spot of a SciFi original movie.

If you head over to the SciFi movie schedule they will be playing on October 15th at 7pm and than 9pm est. This leads me to believe that they will no longer be getting a theatrical release. The official website for the films has not been updated but I am assuming they will very soon.

Also on the schedule that day are "All Souls Day", "Day of the Dead", and "Return of the Living Dead 3". In that order. It looks like I will be camped out in front of my television on October 15th.

beta-wolf_101
I know about European TV, I was stationed in Germany for 3 years and boy did I get a terrible suprise watching a movie. Turns out there was a full frontal of an Germany actor named Rutger Hower (might have misspelled that).

papabeard

papabeard
Night of the living dead was on BBC2 last night
Dawn of the Dead is on BBC1 tonight
Day of the Dead is on BBC2 on Wednesday Night.

also off topic, The Martin Scorsese Documentary about Bob Dylan " No Direction Home" is on Tonight (Monday) and Tuesday on BBC 2, should be excellent.

papabeard
HORROR MONTH ON ENCORE

Got cable? Need horror?

If you have Encore, you're in luck -- they're showing a different horror flick every single night for the whole month of October during their 'Fear Fest'. Granted, not every one's a winner (most of us probably don't need to see An American Werewolf in Paris or Gus Van Sant's version of Psycho again, and if I could go back in time and erase Van Helsing from ever being filmed, I'd leap at the opportunity).

But there's plenty of quality stuff, including Christine, The Thing, From Dusk Til Dawn, Night of the Creeps, and closing out the month with the remake of Dawn of the Dead. Flip those digits to Encore every night at 8pm EST and dig in. Check out the full schedule right here.

papabeard
Has anyone been watching the Channel 4 (UK) Horror Season.
Every night at 11pm there is a horror film related documentary followed by a horror film, so far this week :

Monday : The Real Ammityville /
Tuesday : The Real Vampire Chronicles / Nadja ( David Lych Vampire Noir, only saw the first 10 mins then fell asleep looks good though, I was just tired, apparently its really gory, did anyone see it?

Wednesday : The Curse of the Omen / Lost Souls (cack!)
Thusday : The Real Silence of the Lambs / Ed Gein
Saturday : ( this should be particularly interesting)

9.05pm THE PERFECT SCARY MOVIE :What devilish concoction of secret ingredients makes up The Perfect Scary Movie ? All is revealed just in time for Hallowe'en in this ambitious feature-length documentary that exposes the closely guarded tricks and psychological ploys that scary movies have used to make billions of film-goers around the world jump with fright. From Dracula and the original movie monsters that started it all, to the serial killer thrillers like The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and the sci-fi inspired terror of Alien , The Perfect Scary Movie uses expert analysis from the biggest names in the business to chronicle the bloody development of the horror industry. The film also examines the deep-rooted fears of their time, be it the atom bomb anxieties that plagued the 1950s or the godless 1970s that spawned the satanic The Exorcist . Featuring the scariest films of the last century - from Psycho to The Blair Witch Project - along with never previously broadcast scenes deemed too shocking for the fragile audiences of their time, The Perfect Scary Movie reveals exactly what it is we've been so afraid of all these years. Horror may never be the same again... Contributors include horror directors John Carpenter, Wes Craven, John Landis, Tobe Hooper, Edgar Wright and Joe Dante, stars Linda Blair, Robert Englund, Jenny Agutter, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Bruce Campbell, writer James Herbert and fan Alice Cooper. The Perfect Scary Movie is accompanied by a season of scary films introduced by Bill Bailey, including Halloween H20 later tonight. Prod: Toby Dye; Dir: Simon George; Exec Prod: Tony Moss; Prod Co: Visual Voodoo

Followed at 11.15pm, by Halloween h20

Sunday 30/10 : at 00.05am Audtion
at 2.10am Earth vs Spider (remake)

Monday 31/10 at 11pm The 100 greatest Scary Moments ( part 1 )
Tuesday 01/11 at 10pm The 100 greatest Scary Moments ( part 2 )
12.05am The Real Exorcist
01.05am She Creature

Wednesday 11.10pm The Exorcist 3
Thursday : Misery
Friday : Midnight The Hitcher

www.channel4.com/film/filmontv/microsites/H/horror-week/listings.html

DarkC
Watched House on Haunted Hill last Saturday.

papabeard
The Howling on ITV1 (UK) Saturday 05/11 (Tonight) 10.55pm

The Gift followed by The Ninth Gate on Channel 4 from 9pm

ladygrim
kewl ...

MetalHeart
on halloween they were on every channel...funny thing is, i owned every single movie they showed

eggmayo
Originally posted by papabeard
The Howling on ITV1 (UK) Saturday 05/11 (Tonight) 10.55pm

The Gift followed by The Ninth Gate on Channel 4 from 9pm
I wanted to see the Ninth Gate but I was on a park getting drunk and watching fireworks sad

papabeard
I watched The Howling, dont remember it being very good, but i enjoyed it this time. Except the make up at the end.

Lady_Wonka
things that you guys missed on british television:

the exorsist 3
the perfect scary movie (documentary)
100 greatest scary movies/moments
halloween h20
the ninth gate
silence of the lambs

and i think that was it!

papabeard
Sadly I saw all of these big grin

papabeard
HAMMER HORROR PRESENTS :

There is an excellent series on UK Cable and Freeview, I think its on ITV3 on a friday or saturday night .Its a Hammer Horror Presents series, from the late 70's and early 80's I think. Its a bit like the Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits but more horror oriented. Each episode is an hour long and its a different story each week.

It's ace, last weeks was about an antique dealer who buys a mirror and bad sh@t starts happening.

papabeard
Did anyone see Vampire Hunters on ITV4 last night, it was pretty good, i think its japanese , its about zombies who when they consume human flesh turn into vampires, and these 4 guys who have to fight them to save the world and its set in the 17th century, if a human is bitten by a zombie they can still be saved but if they turn into a vampire or are bitten by a vampire they become vampires and cannot become human again. Good comic book action, with weird floating zombies and some decent gore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.