Yoda is more powerful then Mace, so why the hell did he get the beatdown from Sids...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Inkeeper
Whereas Mace had Sids beaten until anakin stepped in.

Anybody says sids was faking, attempting to get Anakin on his side, Sids was down before Anakin entered the room, and if he could 'sense him coming' why wasnt this addressed in the film?

Fishy
There are a thousand threads about this already, please just use the search function..

And to answer your question, Mace was a much better duelist thats why he won faster. Yoda still blocked Sidious his best and threw it back at him. the fight between Yoda and Sidious was more a power of the force however, when Mace and Sidious there fight was more a fight of lightsaber skills.

The Inkeeper
I did use the search funtion no expression

I asked for the answer to a question, not for attitude.

juggernaut74
Yoda did not get a beat down from Sidious.

What movie did you watch?

astrofan428
Yeah, they basically fought to a draw.

juggernaut74
While there was no conclusive winner Yoda clearly had the upperhand.

The Inkeeper
Well obviously i watched Episode Three no expression

And i wouldnt call Yoda getting platforms thrown at him and falling a few hundred feet onto the floor fighting to a draw.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by The Inkeeper
Well obviously i watched Episode Three no expression

And i wouldnt call Yoda getting platforms thrown at him and falling a few hundred feet onto the floor fighting to a draw. So lets say me and you get into a fight.

You start throwing chairs at me. Does that mean that you won the fight?

Did you see Yoda shove Sidious across his office into his chair.

Did you see Sidous try and run like a sally?

Did you see Yoda stop one of those pods in mid-air and fire it back at him.

Better yet did you see Yoda take his force lightning and shove it back at him. The look on Sidious' face tells you that he could not defeat Yoda.

astrofan428
The end came when they both force blasted each other, pretty much a draw.

With the exception of the pods which didnt do anything to him anyway, Yoda controlled the fight.

The Inkeeper
How is yoda stopping and throwing back a pod a winning feature when sids is literally throwing 1 every second at him?

Did you see Yoda get thrown across the room by a single blast of force lightning and then stay down

Fishy
Did you see Palps getting pushed away and trying to run??

Yoda may have stayed down but he still managed to kick palps away, and the mayor difference is that Yoda avoided every single one of those things with his lightsaber still on, he turned it off and made one spin so it would go faster and then threw it at Palps who barely avoided the thing.

Not to mention that Palps was obviously afraid of Yoda and did not want a fair fight he wanted to get the upper hand no matter what. He did not plan on fighting Yoda he was scared of Yoda really scared. Did you see the look on his face when Yoda landed on his pod? He would have shit his pants if he had any.

juggernaut74
Yoda was playing possum. Did yo see him open his eye when Sidious was walking up behind him.

I never said it was a winning attribute. You did.
Stopping one in mid-air is harder than throwing one.

astrofan428
How is yoda stopping and throwing back a pod a winning feature when sids is literally throwing 1 every second at him?

Did you see Yoda get thrown across the room by a single blast of force lightning and then stay down

Did you see Yoda basically do the same thing. Palpatine may have had the edge in force powers, but he know Yoda is the better swordsman, which is why he trys to leave.

As I said, with the exception of the pods Yoda controlled the fight.

Fishy
He didn't have the edge in force powers..

He threw everything he had at Yoda and Yoda blocked it and then threw it back at him..

The Inkeeper
Ok, Yoda was controlling the fight and winning, which is why he ran away?

Yoda and Palps degraded themselves from ultimate force uses to complete bitches.

Darth_Lucifer
if yoda was a human he would have been able to hold on and get back up show sidous who is the boss!

astrofan428
Originally posted by Fishy
He didn't have the edge in force powers..

He threw everything he had at Yoda and Yoda blocked it and then threw it back at him..

*whispers to fishy* Yeah I know, but I cant convince this guy about that, so I concede the point to him. Then focus on the more important part.

Bardock42
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yoda was playing possum. Did yo see him open his eye when Sidious was walking up behind him.

I never said it was a winning attribute. You did.
Stopping one in mid-air is harder than throwing one.

How would you know? It doesn't depend on the size...listen to yoda.....but basically you are right

Originally posted by astrofan428
Did you see Yoda basically do the same thing. Palpatine may have had the edge in force powers, but he know Yoda is the better swordsman, which is why he trys to leave.

As I said, with the exception of the pods Yoda controlled the fight.
He controlled the pods too.

He would have won if it wasn't for some serious luck on Palps side

Fishy
Ok, Yoda was controlling the fight and winning, which is why he ran away?

Yoda and Palps degraded themselves from ultimate force uses to complete bitches.

Okay Yoda lost his lightsaber, it was destroyed because Palps managed to get him at an unlucky time. Palps constantly tried to get away from Yoda, using cheap tricks to defeat him and he didn't.

Yoda ran away becuase he didn't have a lightsaber and he knew it couldn't be long before troops showed up? He didn't have a choice, not if he wanted to live at least.

Besides Palps tried to run away at the beginning when he still had his lightsaber...

The Inkeeper
So the people who say Yoda has the edge on force powers, also believe they arent strong enough to fight with alone messed?

astrofan428
Dont forget that during the pod scene, Palpatine had the all important "high ground".

Fishy
Yoda stopped using his force powers against Dooku too now didn't he?

Force powers alone don't win a battle, at least not fast and its hard to block attacks from clone troopers without a lightsaber

Bardock42
So the people who say Yoda has the edge on force powers, also believe they arent strong enough to fight with alone messed?

He indeed is more powerful than palps but think aboot it...Palps with Stron Force Powers and Light Sabre plus Clone troopers versus Yoda without Sabre..hurt and on the low ground....bad chances....still possible but not likely

The Inkeeper
Vader manages to stop blaster fire with his hand, why not Yoda?

If Yoda knew he could beat Sids, why not go back later? Why admit his own failings to Bail.

astrofan428
Vader's hand is fake.

The Inkeeper
yes, but i do believe if it got hit with a blaster some damage would be dealt

Fishy
Apparantly not..

Besides there would be a lot of blaster fire, not to mention that Palps has the high ground again. Yoda will have to fight with the force only know and thats going to be hard enough when Palp has no advantages. But palps has the high ground and he has a lightsaber

astrofan428
The book says Anakin's hand doesnt feel pain.

juggernaut74

If Yoda knew he could beat Sids, why not go back later? Why admit his own failings to Bail. Vader only had to block shots from one guy.

Who knows how many clonetroopers would have been there.

I think Yoda meant that he failed on everything.

Bardock42

If Yoda knew he could beat Sids, why not go back later? Why admit his own failings to Bail.

To many Troopers...some maybe but .... he still would have to deal with Palps...look at Ki Adi Mundi he couldn't stop 5 Troopers with light sabre and he is strong yes

Oh and he failed cause he couldn't beat him fast when he had the chance...it was his only chance...since he probably was going to get weaker from there on...and palpatine would be much better protected

Fishy
Originally posted by Bardock42
To many Troopers...some maybe but .... he still would have to deal with Palps...look at Ki Adi Mundi he couldn't stop 5 Troopers with light sabre and he is strong yes

Oh and he failed cause he couldn't beat him fast when he had the chance...it was his only chance...since he probably was going to get weaker from there on...and palpatine would be much better protected

Yeah, Palp would have a lot more protection you try going threw an army of stormtroopers and then kill Palpatine. He also lost his lightsaber and never created a new one, he probably could have but he didn't. And then there is that part where diplomacy comes in. If Yoda would have killed him then Palpatine his plan would have been completed. Anakin would have power and nobody would object to it anymore, you saw how much he was loved after the attempt on his life, imagine what would have happend if he was actually killed. The Jedi that left the order to protect him would have been the hero of the republic.

Bardock42
Which under that circumstances of course wouldn't have mattered because Anakin would have been dead but in theory that is right

Fishy
Unless he wasn't there of course...

And if he wasn't there when Yoda returned to Palp which had to be at least some time later and after Anakin became suit vader he would have been abled to tripple his protection get the strongest people around him and walk around unchallanged with so much protection that even an army of Jedi would have a lot of trouble reaching him

Obi-wan2005
ok, ok...he felt anakin coming with the force but he didnt know when...so he was facking losing the whole time so if anakin came in, in the begining it would be the same...how did we get off the subject...vaders hand is robotic plus he probally used the force...yoda failed on beating sid and ending the war right then...sid didnt have any help at all from and troopers during the fight it was fair sid won get over it...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Obi-wan2005
ok, ok...he felt anakin coming with the force but he didnt know when...so he was facking losing the whole time so if anakin came in, in the begining it would be the same...how did we get off the subject...vaders hand is robotic plus he probally used the force...yoda failed on beating sid and ending the war right then...sid didnt have any help at all from and troopers during the fight it was fair sid won get over it...

We seem to have seen different movies...for me almost 50% of the Jedi on Sith battles were quite open ended.

DeVi| D0do
Sid owned Yoda. Otherwise he wouldn't have ran.

Fishy
Yoda ran because his lightsaber was gone... Sids tried to run at the beginning of the fight.

Sids threw out the entire fight tried to keep Yoda away from him, he looked scared when Yoda jumped on his pod, then victorious when Yoda lost his lightsaber and incredibly scared when Yoda was blocking his lightning attack. Sidious his best attack he threw everything he had at Yoda and Yoda blocked it and then threw it back at Sidious.

Yoda however had no more chance of winning because his lightsaber was destroyed thats why he ran away. But he defeated Sidious his best.

Obi-wan2005
he never ran..he was just getting to the right spot to throw all those chairs....he wasscared duh..yoda is powerfull and yoda blew him to hell right there but that was only a small fight of the whole battle...sid won get over it

DeVi| D0do
Yoda did run... away from the fight.

If Yoda thought he was strong enough to beat Sidious he would have confronted him again. But he didn't. "Failed, I have" he says. I doubt that fall would have broken his saber. It was just lost and Yoda had no more energy to go and find it and confront Sidous again.

Yoda ran away. Sidious won.

astrofan428
Dont hate on Yoda.

When 800 years old you are, fight good you will not.

DeVi| D0do
I don't hate Yoda. He fought well.

He failed. But he redeems himself in ESB by training Luke.

Lord_Windu
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Sid owned Yoda. Otherwise he wouldn't have ran.

Nonsense. Yoda could counter everything Sidious threw at him, including the pods and the lightning. Doesn't matter who won, Yoda pushed Sidious to his limit.

The Inkeeper
Thank you to the people who actually watched the scene and saw that Sids won.

Lord_Windu
I'm not trying to say Yoda won, but you people make it seem like Sidious totally whitewashed Yoda when that clearly isn't the case.

DeVi| D0do
That's true... Yoda held his own for most of the fight.

He just wasn't strong enough to beat him.

Obi-wan2005
yoda and sids did great but sid won

Bardock42
This is just not true...there was no clear winner..but it was obvious that Yoda was stronger....he lost the position and knew that Troopers would come soon.....on an even terraine he would have beat Palpy easily

XX Emperor XX
MY GOD!!! Sids did not win....first off Sidious tryed to escape after Yoda force pushed him and Yoda told him "If so powerful you are then why run away?" Plus Yoda was only avoiding the pods b/c Sidious was throwing like two pods at Yoda at the same time, it was only when Yoda put his lightsaber away and Sidious threw one at Yoda that he caught and threw it back at Sidious..Now if you actually paid attention didnt you notice when Yoda threw the pod back at Sidious, that he jumped off too and when he tried force lightning at him Yoda blocked it and formed a ball of lightning with the force as Sidious was getting overpowered and both went flying...

IT WAS A DRAW!!!..THE FIGHT WENT BACK AND FORTH YODA PROBABLY SENSE TROOPERS COMING THATS WHY HE LEFT

Obi-wan2005
no...jedi are selfless he would of carned more about trying to kill sid then being killed himself to end the war...plus yoda could of taken the clone troopers remember how he easly took out those red guards

Obi-wan2005
cared* more about killing sid

DeVi| D0do
I agree.

Y-chromo kid
I went expecting to see Sids wipe the floor with Yoda. The little, green guy matched him without breaking into a sweat. Sids got lucky with a sucker punch. Let's not forget, first and foremost Yoda was fighting against destiny not Sids; the Will of the Force decided the outcome, giving Sids the equivalent of a horse shoe in his glove. On even ground and in straighter circumstances the Dark Lord would have been treated to a sound thrashing

Obi-wan2005
i think the reson sid won is because o the area he ran off to and got a head start at throwing those pods

XX Emperor XX
Originally posted by Obi-wan2005
i think the reson sid won is because o the area he ran off to and got a head start at throwing those pods

Again with Sid won business..he did not win, all because Yoda left does not mean he lost...Sid tried to run in the beginning and Yoda ran away at the end when he lost his lightsaber I mean how long could have he survived with just using the force, he would have to fight Sidious and defend himself against the troopers remember Sidious is evil he would cheat any chance he get to win and he would just had the troopers to shot Yoda ass down

Obi-wan2005
Yoda even said he failed

XX Emperor XX
Yeah he said he failed b/c that was mission to destroy the Sith, but after a *STAND STILL BATTLE* Yoda decided to flee b/c he knew w/o his lightsaber, which by the way is the weapon of the Jedi's life, he would eventually be killed, so why not flee and live another day and figure out another way to destroy the Sith...and they do Luke SKywalker

POWJ
How you judge who won and who failed depends greatly on your defintion. I dont know what film you where watching but the duel between Yoda and Sid was nothing more than a draw. The reason Yoda left after falling is because his lightsaber was damaged by Sids lightning and it fell to the ground. When yoda reflects sids lightning and they both fall over yoda hits the ground you can see his saber burnt.
The awnser is simple if u have a brain , Yoda had no saber to fight with. He cant kill him w/o a saber no time to go get another he knows at anytime clones could pour in and fire at him. As Obi wan said "this weapon is your life".

DeVi| D0do
Then, if he really thought he could defeat Sidious, he should have returned with another saber to confront him again.

Sidious won.

POWJ
Yea right yoda should run back to the jedi temple w/o a saber and fight laser fire with what? By now the clones are all over the palce looking for him.Maybe if he asked sidous nicely he would let him borrow one LOL. DONT BE A MORON WHERE DO U THINK HE HAD TIME TO GO LOOKING FOR A SABER ON A PLANET WITH MILLIONS OF CLONETROOPERS LOOKING FOR HIM?

DeVi| D0do
If he really believed he could defeat Sidious he could have gone innto exile for a short time to create another saber and returned with Obi Wan to confront both Sidious and Vader together.

Yoda says himself "Failed, I have." Not "Crud. Lost my saber, I did. Whoopsidaisies. If broken my saber was not, dead Sidious would be."

No matter how you look at it, he FAILED.

He realises he can't defeat Sidious. Therefore Sidious won.

POWJ
You seem to forget that sith dont fight fair if Yoda went to get another saber do you thin Sidous would be waiting for him w/o a plan.Sidious commands millions of clones. It was too dangrous to risk.
Yoda knew he had only 1 chance to kill Sidious, loosing his saber meant he failed to destroy him.There was no time for anything else ... Time is a factor.

DeVi| D0do
mm, ok I see what you're saying... and I agree

but the fact is Sidious did destroy Yoda's saber and Yoda had to run... so Sidious won.

And I think that's cheap... Sidious should have handed Yoda his ass.

ah well...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.