If Jedi wear traditional outfits, then why does Ani/Luke wear Black!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eddy Urquia
Both Anakin and Luke Skywalker end up in dark uniforms once they are Jedi. In rotJ, Luke is in Black, and in Ep IIi , Anakin is too. Curious, only those two characters wear clothe not from traditinal Jedi.

jedi2187
Luke's outfit in ROTJ is an amalgam of both the traditional Jedi garb (tunic, vest, cloak) and the color black is a nod to his father.
Ani, unfortunately, washed his outfit one time and forgot that he left his favourite permanent black marker in his pocket. Happens to anyone, tho.

Obi-wan2005
because he's a padawan

Bardock42
Love your sig jedi2187

Yes well Luke is a NEW Jedi therefore not necessarily bound to the traditional cloth (if at all familiar with them)

Ani, well that is strange

Obi-wan2005
ani is a padawann or it symbolizes his future evil

astrofan428
Luke's ROTJ outfit looks like the jedi gear from the original KOTOR, which I know means nothing, just thought I would menion it.

Eddy Urquia
Originally posted by Bardock42
Love your sig jedi2187

Yes well Luke is a NEW Jedi therefore not necessarily bound to the traditional cloth (if at all familiar with them)

Ani, well that is strange

Luke is familiar with the traditional Jedi outfit, old Obiwan was wearing his.

POWJ
Jedi dont have a "uniform " but they where robes as part of tradition. If you notice many jedi wear unconventionl outfits. That luminare lady wears all Black and alya secure (however you spell it) wears that sexy leather out fit with cleavage and belly showing.

mysterio69
Originally posted by POWJ
Jedi dont have a "uniform " but they where robes as part of tradition. If you notice many jedi wear unconventionl outfits. That luminare lady wears all Black and alya secure (however you spell it) wears that sexy leather out fit with cleavage and belly showing.

ooohhhh yeah...does she ever! love
sorry...must compose myself...get grip on reality. embarrasment

ragesRemorse
seeing how Luke was the last jedi left. I think it was okay to throw tradition out the window.

Darth Macabre
or maybe the costume people ran out of brown?

mephistodesigns
or maybe because its not a strict rule, its just a tradition. Because Aayla doesn't where those same robes either. And some Jedi had green pants, some brown, some blue. Its a tradition, not a rule.

Lana
Jedi clothing is generally earth-tones, and tend to look similar (tunics, tabards, obi, cloak), but there's no rule saying that they MUST dress a certain way.

astrofan428
Luke has no connections to the old way so it doesnt matter, though as someone said it could be an ode(sp) to his father.

But Anakin always had to stand out, like modifying R2, or a custom starfighter in the clone wars.

EHmasterJedi
Anakins was dark brown, Lukes outfit was after the fact.

Dumb qestion, stupid thread moving on LOL

xeous
I can see why it's such a dumb question and stupid thread...You probably have soooooooooooooooooooo much to do.

How many times do you hit refresh in a minute to see if someone posted something new in a thread so you can reply?

mephistodesigns
laughing

seriously. its a valid question. surely there's some thematic reason (link to Ani in 3, or pre-PT: a link to his father) and there's also the thematic reason that the innocent ideals he once held are dead. Also, in some cultures, black is considered to be the color of knowledge, so it can also symbolise how much more wise and mature he has become, which is also along the lines of the death of this innocence.

astrofan428
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
laughing

seriously. its a valid question. surely there's some thematic reason (link to Ani in 3, or pre-PT: a link to his father) and there's also the thematic reason that the innocent ideals he once held are dead. Also, in some cultures, black is considered to be the color of knowledge, so it can also symbolise how much more wise and mature he has become, which is also along the lines of the death of this innocence.

Or it made him harder to see when he was hiding from Vader. stick out tongue

xeous
It's because he's a jerk.

Only jerks wear black and brown.

They don't match.

EHmasterJedi
LOL OOOOK the REASON why this is foolish is becasue its common sense, all you have to do is not be color blind, and think about it for like 3 mintues, sorry maybe my above post was alittle rough im not trying to be to agressive, but jezz THINK i mean dang anakins clothes arent even black.

i mean of course theres a reason why they where darker clothes, Anakin is dark, and luke, was going to be tempted by the dark side, it wouldnt of looked quite as powerful if luke had been wearing tan

astrofan428
Originally posted by EHmasterJedi
LOL OOOOK the REASON why this is foolish id becasue its common sense, all you have to do is not be color blind

I am offended by that. sad

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by astrofan428
Or it made him harder to see when he was hiding from Vader. stick out tongue

laughing

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by EHmasterJedi
LOL OOOOK the REASON why this is foolish id becasue its common sense, all you have to do is not be color blind, and think about it for like 3 mintues, sorry maybe my above post was alittle rough im not trying to be to agressive, but jezz THINK i mean dang anakins clothes arent even black.

i mean of course theres a reason why they where darker clothes, Anakin is dark and luke, was going to be tempted by the dark side, it would of look quite as powerful if luke had been wearing tan

actually, his leather part is black, as is the layer under that. His inner most shirt and robe just outside of that are dark brown, as is his hooded robe.

see:
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=191714

or better yet:
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808406061&cf=pg&photoid=570833&intl=us

EHmasterJedi
Originally posted by astrofan428
I am offended by that. sad

Sorry its really not an issue of that, its that everyone was saying it black and its not its brown, dark yes.

Those are just the tunic things on the outside though the actual costume is brown

xeous
If Anakins clothes aren't black, are you sure you aren't color blind?

First of all, color blindness is simply for brighter colors: yellows, reds, bright blues, pinks, etc.

Second of all, in the time it took you to type out how dumb this thread is and then your second post retracting your comments, you could have made one coherant post that said:

"Anakin's clothes aren't even black."

Then we would have said,

"What movie are you watching."

THEN you would have gotten defensive.

You must see that there is a process with all things; posting included.

EHmasterJedi
Alright Alright i didnt mean to offend anyone im sorry if i did anyways back to the actual debate, wile it very very close i think that the cloth is dark dark brown:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/EHmasterJedi/bb.jpg

palpy_666
This is rediculous. Barris Offee wears an all black robe/undergarment and a dark colored hooded cape. Many Jedi wear different colors. The colors mean nothing. I mean hell... Palpatine wore a brown cloak when he fought Yoda-- does that mean Palpatine has some hints of goodness within him? Dooku wears a brown cape. Colors mean nothing.

BTW, for the record... Anakin's undershirt in Ep. II is brown. In Ep. III it's black. Just look at some promo pics from both movies and compare. Case closed.

astrofan428
I am not much for colors but Anakin's jedi gear looks black to me, except for his hood, I can tell it is brown from the sith eye scene.

xeous
That's a pretty hostile post for a wardrobe discussion.

EHmasterJedi
Well just dont know i mean i think its all in the light, it looks black in some ways and looks dark brown in other ways but it favors brown to me, its just a play on the eyes (which is probably intentional) , i think this shot in the light shows its true color:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/EHmasterJedi/b.jpg

Red Superfly
It's both brown and black.

As far as the material goes, it's brown. But, the brown material is specially designed so that it it looks black in certain lighting, and it looks brown in others.

Anakins Jedi Robes were designed to be a half-way point between Vader and a Jedi. It worked.

Luke's however, is black. I honestly don't care, because I'm so glad Luke decided to redo the Jedi getup. He's the last of the Jedi, so he thought he'd be a trend setter lol.

Anyway, it's a great contrast between the extinct Jedi and the new Jedi starting with Luke. The black, as someone said, demonstrates maturity and knowledge, and comes into line with the whole idea that Jedi post-Luke would be the new breed of super Jedi, that are taught after the Jedi learned from their mistakes and put it all right.

Besides, Luke looks bad ass in black. It was also to do with the fact he was gonna walk the line of the dark side. Drawing up similarities between his wardrobe and Vaders was gonna be a good start.

Jedi Priestess
Who CARES cause he looks seriously fine in that costume! laughing out loud

Altho what has always bugged me is the fact that since the release of the OT DVD's he didnt have Hayden in the black for the end of ROTJ. He looks silly in the brown getup.

Red Superfly
Oh yeah. That is odd.

Jedi Priestess
Yeah chalk it up to another oversight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.