one lion v 42 midgets - best hoax EVER!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
all right. i'm not gonna get into the history of the whole thing. suffice to say a couple guys had a debate - could 1 lion beat 42 midgets. not the most politically correct debate of all time, admittedly, but the thing turned into this huge circus, everyone thinking the battle had taken place and the lion had killed most of them! craziest story ever!! if you ARE interested in the background, here's the links to check out:

Check out the results on the left .68% of almost 1500 people pick the lion.
http://lionvs40midgets.uk-directory.com/

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/permalink/lion_vs_midgets/

Original article.......
http://journals.aol.com/sportzassassin/SPORTZASSASSINSSPORTSJOURNAL/entries/1008

anyway, this thing has sparked a huge debate - COULD 1 lion beat 42 midgets? i say no way, the little people take it. anyone else feel like chiming in? what do YOU think?

bertran
Keep in mind that the midgets know that for them it is do or die. They are locked in the arena until the battle is over.
I personally think the midgets take this one. The lion can not take on all of the midgets at once, and the midgets knowing that this is a fight for their lives are pulling out all the stops. Imagine the lion swarmed with midgets who are clawing, biting, and scratching at the lion's skin, ears, EYES, and any other body part of the lion.
Not saying it's pretty, and not saying that a lot of midgets don't die, but I think that the lion will die while there are still some midgets left alive.

dark1365
Some people have no life.

Gregory
The midgets could take the lion down by sheer force of numbers, I think, if they made a concentrated attack. If the midgets panicked and just tried to get away from the lion, on the other hand, he might take it.

leonidas
<<Some people have no life.>>

true enough - but who do you think would win?

KidRock
Originally posted by Gregory
The midgets could take the lion down by sheer force of numbers, I think, if they made a concentrated attack. If the midgets panicked and just tried to get away from the lion, on the other hand, he might take it.

No way, I think a lion would destroy the midgets. The midgets would be just so scared to be able to coordinate a successful attack. Also one swipe from the lions paw would kill a midget easily.

lol I can't belive I am discussing this.

Gregory
Originally posted by KidRock
The midgets would be just so scared to be able to coordinate a successful attack.

Maybe, but the lion might not be doing much better. Lions are used to prey that doesn't fight back; in fact, if you ever find yourself face to face with a lion, one of your best chances is to run straight towards it waving your arms and screaming something--this will sometimes frighten the lion away. And here we're talking about 42 people running screaming at the lion. They're midgets, of course, so that's the equivilant of maybe 21 normal people, but it could still have a heck of an effect.

KidRock
Originally posted by Gregory
Maybe, but the lion might not be doing much better. Lions are used to prey that doesn't fight back; in fact, if you ever find yourself face to face with a lion, one of your best chances is to run straight towards it waving your arms and screaming something--this will sometimes frighten the lion away. And here we're talking about 42 people running screaming at the lion. They're midgets, of course, so that's the equivilant of maybe 21 normal people, but it could still have a heck of an effect.

Male lions in africa are used to fighting off packs of Hyenas, I still think just the muscle, speed and agression of the lion would be enough.

Deano
yeh but humans are smart

gough the lions eyes out and it wont be able to do much else

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.