does andyone know how anakin survived being cut in half and burning up?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Obi-wan2005
does andyone know how anakin survived being cut in half and burning up? Because i know he's tough but damn! get back to me soon

Tulak Hord
Because, his hate made him live in. Like Maw in Dark Forces 2. The Dark Side can fill you with such power that, when you twist it, it will allow you to survive the most harsh abuse.

astrofan428
Some say his hatred kept him alive, but I think it was because he had yet to fullfil the prophecy.

Obi-wan2005
huh... so the dark side also helps you live longer cause i heard that sid has been alive for thousands of years

ragesRemorse
I can understand why having his limbs severed diddnt kill him. He obviously wouldnt bleed to death. The heat of the saber would seal the wound. Any body not connected to the force would probably die from shock, but strong with the force anakin was. Did lava even touch anakin? I thought he just burned up from the sheer heat. If lava did infact touch him, he would be dead, no jedi bound in organic flech would be able to survive a bath in lava.

JKozzy
He wasn't cut in half.

Morning_Glory
he was cut in half?? when????

Torik_Shai
His two legs and remaining arm were cut off. That's hardly enough to kill someone, especially when bleeding to death is an impossibility due to cauterization. As for the burning, lots of people survive severe burns. Besides, he didn't have to live forever afterwards. He only had to live long enough until he was transferred to the suit.

woman_beater69
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Because, his hate made him live in. Like Maw in Dark Forces 2. The Dark Side can fill you with such power that, when you twist it, it will allow you to survive the most harsh abuse.

Like Darth Maul.

Ken Kenobi
It looked to me that he did die, right before Palpy got there. Then the way Palpy put his hands over him it looked like he was bringing him back to life.

Gryn Jabar
No, he lived. In addition, for evidence of living while under horrific woulnds, look at Darth Sion. He has several THOUSAND fractures to EACH bone, and still managed to live, and whoop serious ass.

DeVi| D0do
Who the hell is Darth Sion? EU? Bullshit then...

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
It looked to me that he did die, right before Palpy got there. Then the way Palpy put his hands over him it looked like he was bringing him back to life. I was wondering if Palpatine actually has the power he boasted or was lying just to get Anakin to turn to the dark side.

Darth Bong
After seeing the movie I also was wondering if Sidious really had the power to bring people back to life or make them keep living. It kind of looked like it when he puts his hand on Anakin's head. smokin'

astrofan428
Originally posted by Darth Bong
After seeing the movie I also was wondering if Sidious really had the power to bring people back to life or make them keep living. It kind of looked like it when he puts his hand on Anakin's head. smokin'

I hadnt thought of that, but Palpatine isnt the sensitive caring type that would just rub someons forehead to sooth them.

So maybe that is why he touched him.

ArthasKnight
My theory is that Palpatine was just assessing the damage done to Vader and possibly checking how long he had to live.

ragesRemorse
Jesus christ, If Palpitine had the ability of reanimating the dead, then there is no way in hell he would have been opposed. anyone who can bring back the dead and weild the force to your liking is a God

Delta51VE
Obi-Wan touched Padme the same way, and in AOTC he touched a fallen Jedi that way, so I'm thinking it's a touch to see if they're still alive.

astrofan428
When Palpatine goes down there it is the only time where he is silent and moving.

ArthasKnight
Sidious already knew Vader was alive, because he said so.

"He's still alive. Bring a medical capsule." ~Sidious

astrofan428
That was when he was stil crawling away from the river.

ArthasKnight
Yes, what's your point? confused

astrofan428
By the time Palps gets down there he is lying still and no longer making noise.

ArthasKnight
Maybe I don't recall correctly but I thought I saw Vader moving somewhat and breathing loudly. Maybe I need to see it a third time to make sure...

Darth Bong
He woulden't be doing it out of the goodness of his heart, more like making sure your brand new apprentice whom you worked really hard to get can survive being set on fire and losing his limbs. Anyway, just a theory. smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.