Things you liked and didnt like about episode 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supercybergeek
the bad

How anikin turns to the dark side, it was incredibly easy how he turned. Palps never gave him any proof that he could save people from dying yet anikin beleived him so easily.

He was raised and taught by the jedi, doesn't he know that sith are evil? LOL

I didn't buy that Anikin loved Padme that much, I just didn't buy it

In the end she dies anyways, the whole audience saw it coming but Anikin didn't

They tried to cram too much much into one movie, just like they did in episode 2. Grevious is a character we never even heard of, I hate when they just thow people in out of no where, just like they did for dukoo in episode 2.

The good parts weren't long enough! Anikin being rebuilt as vadar could have been the best star wars part ever, but they made it about 5 seconds long.

Jedi aren't that tough, besides yoda, mace and obi wan the rest of the jedi's were pretty easily killed.

I hate Aninkin, his outfit, his hair, he looks like he belongs in a hell raiser movie

Constant spinning! Why the hell would you turn around for a spin so often in a light saber battle, it's just stupid turning your back on yoru opponent so often.

Too much CG, CG is great but lucas proved that too much is just stupid. Theres only like 10 real people in this whole movie.

The good

some of the light saber fighting was fantastic! the jumping around especially

constant cutting off of limbs

first dukoo gets his hands and head cut off

mace loses his arm

anikin loses his legs and burns, best part!

JKozzy
thumb up

Morgoths_Wrath
I thought the opening space battle scene was awesome. couldn't have had a better opener.

astrofan428
Originally posted by supercybergeek
I hate Aninkin, his outfit, his hair, he looks like he belongs in a hell raiser movie

laughing

Am I the only person that thought he looked like a badass?

Morgoths_Wrath
dislikes:

kashyyyk and the wookie/yoda bond. pointless? it gives yoda an excuse to not be on courascant but I think they could have made it much better

anakin gave in too quickly. I'm sure he had his reasons for giving in so quickly, I suppose his love for padme is what drove him to the extreme decisions he made. but really...

I thought it would have been alot better if they had leia be born first, and have padme die before luke was able to be born. it would explain the conversation between luk & leia in ROTJ

yoda vs sidious, I really didn't see that coming (although I really should have!)

obi-wan vs anakin and seeing anakin burn, just as I pictured it

I also thought that after seeing the movie you can appreicate episodes I and II so much more.

among other things...I'll add more as I think of them

DeVi| D0do
Disliked:

The wipes... just awful. Vertical blinds? WTF? Horrible!

Grievous. Pointless. Four sabers? Come on.

Palpatine's mask. Less is more Georgie.

Sidious's wheezing. WTF?

Meh:

Kashyyyk. It didn't need to be there... but it doesn't bother me.

Space Battle. No emotion. Boring. Very meh.

Liked:

Boga. Bitchin.

Grievous vs. Obi Wan. Not the saber fight... all the other stuff.

Order 66. Well done.

Death of Padme intercut with birth of Vader.

Palpatine. He rocks in this film.

Yoda. Ditto.

Mist
the biggest thing i disliked about episode 3:

how it somehow made people completely stupid. how many times to people have to ask the same questions over and over? did people not watch the movie or something? for crying out loud, this place sure went down the toilet.

EPIIIBITES
I can honestly say...if I may...that the part where Ani and Padme are looking across the Coruscant skyline, before Ani heads over to save Palps was well put together.

I was kinda surprised Lucas could do something so subtle, wordless, and simple yet still pull itoff and have it resonate.

Original and well executed.

See no caps!

supercybergeek
As far as acting goes

Mace and Obi wan were great. Palps overdid it. When he told anikin to leave obi-wan he should have known he was a bad person and that should have pissed him off.

The rest of the acting was meh,

and the rest where cg

DeVi| D0do
Samuel L Jackson and Mace was terrible. Ian as Palpatine was perfect I think.

Hayden and Natalie were very meh. Ewan was OK.

padmeamidala
The scene on Courascant where Anakin and Padme are gazing out across at each other

Obiwan telling Vader how he had loved him like he was his brother

The opening battle scene

Padme's outfits--I couldn't have imagined how they could make a pregnant Padme not look cheesy, but I must admit it was done very tastefully

Padme's funeral--so symbolic and sad.

Yoda whisking those guards aside like it was nothing.

Dislikes:
"Only a Sith thinks in absolutes." That's the one of the stupidist line in the whole movie, because it *is* and absolute; like saying "never say never" well you just contradicted yourself, duh.

Luke and Leia's birth: completely unrealistic and made no sense.

Padme's belly in her casket looked like she was still pregnant. I've had two kids, and I can tell you that while you don't go back to looking like your old self right after giving birth, you also don't have that hard, round belly anymore because the baby/ies making it stick out like that are gone. You may still have a belly, but it's all soft and mushy and wouldn't stick out like a beach ball anymore. It should have looked like more of a deflated beach ball.

How easily Anakin turned to the dark side. I mean, kneeling before Palpatine? Only moments after turning him in to be arrested? Come on, that's a little over the top.

Ladyluck
i liked how incredibly sexy anakin looked in this movie...well...before he burns and what not...there wasn't really much that i didn't like about this movie...if i think of something significant, i'll let you know

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by padmeamidala
Padme's belly in her casket looked like she was still pregnant. I've had two kids, and I can tell you that while you don't go back to looking like your old self right after giving birth, you also don't have that hard, round belly anymore because the baby/ies making it stick out like that are gone. You may still have a belly, but it's all soft and mushy and wouldn't stick out like a beach ball anymore. It should have looked like more of a deflated beach ball.
She was made to still look pregnant to keep the twins a secret... which kinda doesn't make sense because Luke kept his last name of Skywalker...

Lucas is stupid.

Morning_Glory
I loved how Ewan McGregor would take off his cloak every time he would start a battle.. sexy

koolruningz
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
She was made to still look pregnant to keep the twins a secret... which kinda doesn't make sense because Luke kept his last name of Skywalker...

Lucas is stupid.

laughing You would think that they would have changed Luke's last name if they really wanted to hide him from Vader. Yoda and Obi Wan must be going senile.

Morning_Glory
when she is in the casket ... of course she still had the belly... i mean when a woman has a baby she doesnt automatically become super slim again with no tummy... which some movies do that.... a woman's tummy is swollon for a few weeks after giving birth

Padme had just had the twins... of course she was going to still have a belly.. tsk

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by koolruningz
laughing You would think that they would have changed Luke's last name if they really wanted to hide him from Vader. Yoda and Obi Wan must be going senile. Indeed... and you'd think Owen and Beru wouldn't want Luke to have any ties with his family's past...

nice one Georgie.

thewall
i agree with cybergeek. they totally tried to cram in everything into one movie. and the scenes that were supposed to be really good were way too short. also i didnt like how at the end darth vader gets up and yells,"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" it was kinda cheesy what does everyone else think?

hiya
"Padme's belly in her casket looked like she was still pregnant. I've had two kids, and I can tell you that while you don't go back to looking like your old self right after giving birth, you also don't have that hard, round belly anymore because the baby/ies making it stick out like that are gone. You may still have a belly, but it's all soft and mushy and wouldn't stick out like a beach ball anymore. It should have looked like more of a deflated beach ball."

The reason why I think they made her look pregnant at the funeral was because they wanted the babies to be a secret so that Darth Vader or other bad guys would not come and try to find the kids and kill these potential jedi. They made her look pregnant so everyone at the funeral would think that the babie(s) were never born. smile

GCG
erm I was a bit confuzzled when first Palpatine tells Anakin the story of Plageus.

Anakin asks "Is it possible to learn this power"
Palps replies "Not from a Jedi"

This must have influenced Anakin greatly as he had no father and was born out of nothing but Shmi.

Then after Anakin butts in on Mace and Sidious, Anakin pledges allegiance as long as he learns the power. Sidious dubs him as Darth Vader, and then tells him that together they will discover the secret of creating life and stop people from dying.

I was like "Anakin WTF ? He doesnt even know himself and you become his apprentice ?? "

There was no guarantee about saving lives.

So my thoughts were that Anakin was really gullible.

rubber dickie
the turning of anakin was okay for me. the quickness just showed how naive a guy, or anybody, becomes when they are in love. the stories told by the chancellor were merely stories to sway anakin to the dark side. i also thought that he looked menacing especially with the jedi robe on. i couldn't really complain on ep3.

i was just dismayed to see jar-jar. ugh

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by thewall
i agree with cybergeek. they totally tried to cram in everything into one movie. and the scenes that were supposed to be really good were way too short. also i didnt like how at the end darth vader gets up and yells,"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" it was kinda cheesy what does everyone else think?

Yeah. you and cybergeek know what's up.

Feel free to read my Revenge Of The Sith Is Not For Real Sw Fans Post.

Lemme know if i'm crazy for thinking it stunk.

bib_fortuna
Originally posted by astrofan428
laughing

Am I the only person that thought he looked like a badass?

total badass. totally.

DeVi| D0do
The whole droid "uh oh" thing got old really fast... it came off as annoying.

rubber dickie

i thought about that, but no. i think it was justified. it signified the last ounce of goodness, the last of anakin, the full take over of darth vader. it was like no f*cking way she died... and i killed her.

Morning_Glory
I hated it when one of the Wookies did the Tarzan yell... erm

astrofan428
The whole droid "uh oh" thing got old really fast... it came off as annoying.

The droids have always been annoying, but I found them kinda funny this time.

rubber dickie
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I hated it when one of the Wookies did the Tarzan yell... erm

i was surprised about that one. i was waiting for a lion to come out. laughing

EPIIIBITES
Going the way the series has been going, would you guys be nervous if there was to be another Star Wars movie?

rubber dickie
six is enough.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
Going the way the series has been going, would you guys be nervous if there was to be another Star Wars movie? Star Wars is about Anakin. Anakin is dead. There should be no more films.

I am worried about the TV series though... I'm fairly certain it will suck.

rubber dickie
the clone wars series is very well recieved. i have no idea how the live action one is going to be. i mean there are no more jedis, technically, since yoda and ben are in hiding.

DeVi| D0do
I hate the editing of the beginning of the Palpatine/Mace duel... one frame his saber is at his side, the next it's up to his head.

Ben Burtt can't edit for shit. He totally screwed up the Jango fight too. Loser.

Morning_Glory
to much whinning in here.. meh!

bib_fortuna
Yeah. you and cybergeek know what's up.

Feel free to read my Revenge Of The Sith Is Not For Real Sw Fans Post.

Lemme know if i'm crazy for thinking it stunk.

the difference between these ppl commenting on what they didn't like and you is they just stated their opinions, not a f**k!ng novel of a b!tch-fest, yelling at all of us who did like the movie, regardless of what could have been made better (and we know, we are not blind fans ... we just still liked it). so, no they shouldn't read your other thread, or else they might be tempted to join your dark side and then we'd have a slew of b!tchers. not good. you aren't crazy for thinking "it stunk," but you are an entirely too opinionated person for any forum. you don't have an open mind and that is not nice. btw, "me like star wars. it good. me like snatch. it good. me like koolruningz. he nice. jacka$$.

Gryn Jabar
1) NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
2) Padme.
3) I found myself liking Anakin in this movie, so when Obi-Wan sliced him, I was like you mota ****er!

rubber dickie
my fave scene was when yoda walked into the chancellor's chamber and f*cked up the two guards by the door. i think everybody like that, because they started clapping. and after this movie, yoda became a bonafide bad @$$.

supercybergeek
I guess the first three were so good, the new episodes can't win, but there are alot of errors. I mean these guys are trying to hide, are you kidding me? Like others have said why not change lukes last name? And changing you name form obi wan to ben? come one be a little more creative, how many other guys in the galaxy named kenobi?

TheVapor
Disliked

Grevious: Darth Maul doesnt suck compared to this guy and he seemed such a coward and early in the battle with obi he lost two of his hands. Darth Maul could handle two jedi and never ran and did NOT need body gaurds Grevious......Lets his gaurds have their arses handed to them by the jedi and runs.

Speech: At a couple of instances mostly in the very beginning the diologue is a little...bad in my own opinion.

Pacing:The beginning seemed to go by slowly and the scenes were quick. But half an hour into it i liked it a bit more

Space Battle: Good but still not great i thought

Jedi asacination: To me it was kinda sad seeing the Jedi be killed especially the little kid Jedi. Seeing Anikan walk into the room and the faces on the kids and you knew what was going to happen.

Fights: Excluding two fights all the fights were good in this one especially how the lightsaber ones were done. Is it me or is it a popular thing to get your hands cut off when you lose
big grin

Acting:IMO Much better than the other prequels by far and much more than in the other ones it is believable.

Story: Lots to cram in=Yes but i still think that it was done well and i liked it.

supercybergeek
I think these movies mad Yoda look really bad actually.

1. he couldn't sense that any of this was going on
2. he is the leader of the jedi, and he did a bad job
3. he could kill palps

DeVi| D0do
That's the point. Yoda failed. He was wrong. It was Qui Gon who was right. He should have listened to him.

mysterio69
there wasn't enough emotional attachment to the characters as there was in the OT. everything in ep I, II, III, was thrown together too quickly. the most emotional parts were obi-wan's lines on mustafar, and i guess padme realisng that the anakin she knew and loved was gone. but other than that, it was really sloppily handled. mace got thrown out a window, and i was like, meh. jedi were being killed by the truck-load, and again, meh. the younglings thing was cool though. but in the OT, if any character got killed, you'd feel bad. i'm probably gonna get yelled at now, oh well.

Darth_Vader05
Well i was going to leave KMC and never return but after reading what supercybergeek has said made me come back and i will restore peace and justice to KMC. supercybergeek you are not a real Star Wars fan at all you are an imposter to the Star Wars comunity to KMC and to all that George Lucas has done for us, the Star Wars fans. I like all of Episode III the saber fights, the outfits, the characters, and how Lucas finaly put himself in a Star Wars film. Episode III answered all of my questioned the only thing i didnt like about it was how there was no imperial march but it was in the video game. I have seen it three times in the theater already and i am going to see it again next weak end so that is what i think of Episode III i really enjoyed it and thought Lucas tide it in to the orignal trilogy.

LiL nAstY GirL
I liked:

The music during order 66
I thought Portman was really good, as well as everyone else
How it tied everything togther
Padme's funneral...it was so perfect. I didn't even mind seeing Jar jar...
Padme givimg birth while DV is recreated...

I disliked

Jar Jar
How the jedi went down so easily...

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by Darth_Vader05
Well i was going to leave KMC and never return but after reading what supercybergeek has said made me come back and i will restore peace and justice to KMC. supercybergeek you are not a real Star Wars fan at all you are an imposter to the Star Wars comunity to KMC and to all that George Lucas has done for us, the Star Wars fans. I like all of Episode III the saber fights, the outfits, the characters, and how Lucas finaly put himself in a Star Wars film. Episode III answered all of my questioned the only thing i didnt like about it was how there was no imperial march but it was in the video game. I have seen it three times in the theater already and i am going to see it again next weak end so that is what i think of Episode III i really enjoyed it and thought Lucas tide it in to the orignal trilogy.

Now you know what it's like, eh supercybergeek?...your typical KMC reaction to posting your opinion.

bib_fortuna
i definetly felt bad whenever anyone was killed in the OT, but the thing is, i felt bad throughout this film too ... for everyone. for the first time since the OT, the acting was good and the emotions were true. i think for some reason, GL has this weird reasoning that, in both Ts, the first one is visually neat and grapples you in, the second one, the story and the acting step up a bit and the visuals get better, then in the third one, you are blow away by a great combination of the three. but then, i am also the only person =) who thinks ROTJ is the best one of any SW.

EPIIIBITES
Darth_Vader05'''

I BEG you to go and read my "Revenge Of The Sith Is Not For Real Sw Fans" post.

Lemme know what you...you'll probably explode.

Cheers!

mysterio69
Originally posted by bib_fortuna
i definetly felt bad whenever anyone was killed in the OT, but the thing is, i felt bad throughout this film too ... for everyone. for the first time since the OT, the acting was good and the emotions were true. i think for some reason, GL has this weird reasoning that, in both Ts, the first one is visually neat and grapples you in, the second one, the story and the acting step up a bit and the visuals get better, then in the third one, you are blow away by a great combination of the three. but then, i am also the only person =) who thinks ROTJ is the best one of any SW.

i think we feel bad about someone dying in the OY because it's a story about a little group of rebels overthrowing the huge calactic empire, but in this PT, it's about a bunch of supposed heroes falling like dominoes. again, there's not enough of an attachment to everyone as there was in the OT. oh well. it's good for what it was. my lil' bro loves all three of 'em. smile

mysterio69
*OT. sorry.

supercybergeek
what did qui gon say that was right?

ab2421
Darth_Vader05'''

I BEG you to go and read my "Revenge Of The Sith Is Not For Real Sw Fans" post.

Lemme know what you...you'll probably explode.

Cheers!

I dont think its enough to beg everybody who liked the movie to go read that crappy essay you wrote....Why don't you just bump that topic up every ten minutes so the whole world can read it? confused

supercybergeek

I don't care if I'm not a real Star Wars fan, and I'm not an imposter. I didn't know you had to be a real star wars fan to post here.

supercybergeek
Will you guys shut up about being a real star wars fan already? Star wars is not a real religion, and George Lucas is not God.

BadKitty
i agree with cybergeek. they totally tried to cram in everything into one movie. and the scenes that were supposed to be really good were way too short. also i didnt like how at the end darth vader gets up and yells,"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" it was kinda cheesy what does everyone else think? I agree with you 100% on this..it reminded me of Frankenstein,he was strapped to a gurney and breaks out and stomps around like a baby,not the Vader I loved.

...also that apparently no one uses anesthetics in the future really bothered me as well. they can make you a new leg but you'll feel every bit of pain whilst the apply it to you? pfft

droids feel pain as well in the future...all the droids cried out when they were shot. sad

DeVi| D0do
uhh... this happened 'a long time ago in a galaxy far far away' not in the future.

wink

BadKitty
uhh... this happened 'a long time ago in a galaxy far far away' not in the future.

wink still..future galaxy what ever laughing out loud still wasn't right to make poor vader suffer

EPIIIBITES
Will you guys shut up about being a real star wars fan already? Star wars is not a real religion, and George Lucas is not God.

Dude, you can't win with these guys. Join me...and we will rule the galaxy as father and son of good movie critics...

...that sucked.

supercybergeek
It made him more evil to feel pain, wouldn't you be more pissed after that. I bet thinking about it makes him snap every time! Not to mention he is the dumbest jedi ever.

BadKitty
It made him more evil to feel pain, wouldn't you be more pissed after that. I bet thinking about it makes him snap every time! Not to mention he is the dumbest jedi ever. laughing out loud to true..I would want to kick everyones ass after that too.

Echuu
I thought the NOOOOO was good; it showed Vader's emotion for the last time until he encounters Luke and finds out he is his son. It really shows why Vader turned in the first place(Padme') and also why he turned back.

supercybergeek
The ps2 game is better than the movie!

EPIIIBITES
The ps2 game is better than the movie!

the GBA game is probably better than the movie.

Bowlin4Mustafar
Personally my MAIN dislike for episode three is the fact that in Japan it isnt released until July 9th and hence i havnt seen it.

Man i wish i was in a priviliged enough position to be able to ***** and moan about it.

LOL

xeous
"Hold me like you held me before.

On Naboo.

When none of this existed."

Lucas should only be allowed to come up with the ideas and have someone else make the dialogue and direct the movies.

astrofan428
Originally posted by xeous
"Hold me like you held me before.

On Naboo.

When none of this existed."

Lucas should only be allowed to come up with the ideas and have someone else make the dialogue and direct the movies.

Id hold her. cool

xeous
Your sig is another thing that I hated about E III.

The most threatening thing that Vader succeeded in was killing all those kids.

He's a huge badass because he slaughtered children? Okay...

The only other things he(Darth Vader) does are:

1. Kill a few droids then slaughter the Federation Big Lipped Dudes.

2. Lose the "high ground" (which is the dumbest thing ever) to Obi-Wan and then get chopped up and burnt.

astrofan428
Originally posted by xeous
Your sig is another thing that I hated about E III.

The most threatening thing that Vader succeeded in was killing all those kids.

He's a huge badass because he slaughtered children? Okay...

The only other things he(Darth Vader) does are:

1. Kill a few droids then slaughter the Federation Big Lipped Dudes.

2. Lose the "high ground" (which is the dumbest thing ever) to Obi-Wan and then get chopped up and burnt.

Dont forget he choked his wife. stick out tongue

Mist
it wasnt just younglings he killed off...he butchered the whole temple...plus youve still got the 20yr gap between the movies for him to do stuffevil face

astrofan428
Not to mention he was a badass before becoming Vader, he breezed through Dooku.

Darth_Vader05
I just wanted to say i am sorry for the way i have been acting i just cant stand the critics, and it just pisses me off for people to say anything bad about this film you people dont understand that this is how Lucas wanted this movie to be made...

hana_skywalker

astrofan428
I just wanted to say i am sorry for the way i have been acting i just cant stand the critics, and it just pisses me off for people to say anything bad about this film you people dont understand that this is how Lucas wanted this movie to be made...

*uses force choke*

Apology accepted Darth_Vader05. stick out tongue

Just kidding, I dont even know what you did, but as far as critics go, I dont understand why people who didnt like it come here and try to make us hate it too. If I dont like a movie, I put it behind me and never think about it again, not go on a message board and ***** to people and try to make them no like it too.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by hana_skywalker
When Obi-wan gave Luke to Owen and Beru he didn't say a word! Didn't you know Owen and Beru ran the Jedi orphan drop-off centre?

LightSaber_Part
Don't know if some one has said this.....................................
I thought the voices for the Battle Droids/Super Battle Droids could have been better, like the droid voices from Republic Commandos

astrofan428
I actually liked the droids in this movie, they entertained me.

The elevator scene where the thing is full of droids is pretty funny.

ragesRemorse
you know i have been thinking. The worst part about the movie that i cannot forgive is the dialogue. Alot of the dialogue in the movie is just to cheesy. There were many times during the movie where i was taken out of the atmosphere due to hokey dialogue. I think though, that i expected to much from ROTS, and diddnt watch it for what it was. I was expecting a movie that would make up for my dissapointments from the previous two. I cant forgive lucas for not presenting the prequals in a better way, because at this point star wars belongs to the fans as much as it does to lucas, but it was his vision, and once i let my inhibitions go, i had a fairly entertaining time, with some memorable momments. There is some magic in the prequals, but nothing as mystifying and hypnotic as the orginals. Maybe i'm just growing up.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by koolruningz
laughing You would think that they would have changed Luke's last name if they really wanted to hide him from Vader. Yoda and Obi Wan must be going senile.

"If there is a bright center to the universe, you are on the planet that is farthest from"

ragesRemorse
no, that is actually a good point, giving luke to his only family isnt the most secretive of hiding places. A private investigator could have found luke.

jango fatt

bib_fortuna
*uses force choke*

Just kidding, I dont even know what you did, but as far as critics go, I dont understand why people who didnt like it come here and try to make us hate it too. If I dont like a movie, I put it behind me and never think about it again, not go on a message board and ***** to people and try to make them no like it too.

thank you very much.

astrofan428
Originally posted by bib_fortuna
thank you very much.

Sorry, but what am I being thanked for?

EPIIIBITES
*uses force choke*

Same reason you come here and talk about why you like it. I didn't know KMFs were only "I like all Star Wars movies" forums.

It's a forum!

And if you guys think someone can make you hate something if you already like it then you're pretty impressionable.

Stand by your opinion..That's all you have.

EPIIIBITES
...and in my opinion Sidious was freaky as heck...imagine how bad his breath must be!

Crusher
Ok, this Episode had its ups..MOSTLY UPS...and downs.

Downs:

Not enough or there wasnt a MAMMOTH explosion like in the others, like planets blowing up, or like in Ep. II which is one of my favorite parts.. ((SIZMECK CHARGES!)) blowing up a big astroid. I dunno what they could of took and really make a nuke style blow up, maybe the Jedi Temple. Then again, there was no real collosial explosions in Ep. V.

Yes, Padme' could of at least on the way out fought off some battle droids, or when under the controll of Ani, Clone Troopers.

Ups:

Alot of creativity, at the beginning yes, alot of humorous creativty like the Lucas we're used to seeing...kinna like the Pod Race and the Ewok Ground War combined. But all the humor as I knew, was to all be in front and out of the way for the real emotoinal drama at the end. This is somthing that Episode V. should of been taken in consideration as well.

ayjay
pros....R2 D2 was da BOMB!...omg...so0o kool...cheeky lil bastard...loved it....the duels btw anakin and obi and yoda and sid.....the scene with ani suffering and being burnt alive..that was awesome..very emotional......

cons....greivous was a bit of a disspointmnet...he seemed very fake...and...he wasnt that great.....windu/palp fight....sid took out those other jedi WAY too easily...one of them literally just stood there and let himsefl get smashed.....other than that...the rest was GREAT

supercybergeek
I also remember I hate Obi Wans green pet he rides on

WindDancer
Things I like about the film:

Chewie
Palpatine
Anakin getting his ass kick by Obi
Yoda gettting his ass kick by Palpatine
Jar-Jar keeping his mouth quiet
Darth Vader
Young Aunt Beru (Hot and cute babe!)

Things I didn't like:

General Grevious
Darth Vader "NOOOOO..."
No scenes of a young Han Solo
R2 comedy relief in the begining of the film
Hayden performance as Anakin
Padme dying
No Qui-Gon ghost
No dialogue between Obi and Uncle Owen

Whisper
I was hoping that in this movie we'd get to see just how powerful a jedi Anakin was. I had visions of him using the force to make spaceships crash etc but we never got to see this. In fact it was Obi Wan who showed the strongest use of the force by making the roof fall in on the grievous henchmen.

Red Superfly
He loosened a hook or fastener. Not that hard.

padmeamidala
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
when she is in the casket ... of course she still had the belly... i mean when a woman has a baby she doesnt automatically become super slim again with no tummy... which some movies do that.... a woman's tummy is swollon for a few weeks after giving birth

Padme had just had the twins... of course she was going to still have a belly.. tsk

Uh, maybe you didn't read what I said--I never said superslim right after giving birth. As the mother of two, trust me, *yes* you still have a belly, but *no* it no longer looks like a perfectly round beach ball--more like a deflated beach ball.

Making her look pregnant to avoid people realizing the twins were alive makes sense; I never thought of that. But as others have said, I don't see how "hiding" Luke with Anakin's stepbrother is really that secretive, unless the idea is that it would be *too* obvious. He did have Obi-wan looking over him, though...

Anyway, I thought of a few other things I liked:

Palpatine's skin-crawling eeriness when talking to Anakin about the possibility of saving someone's life, and again when Anakin finally started realizing who Palpatine really was. (I'm just surprised none of the Jedi could figure that out--geez, I knew that since ep. I).

Palpatine hoisting those seats around in the senate room. Now *that* was cool!

Vader and Palpatine gazing at the beginnings of the death star.

Overall I loved the movie, but now I feel like I'm in mourning, because it's just so sad.. It makes me want to whip out the original trilogy and watch it so that I can remember that there's a happy ending...eventually.

Oswald Kenobi
I severly disliked the dream scenes. Lucas has never done them and they just didn't fit. The movie seemed rushed. It definitely didn't seem like two hours. I hate the fact that Leia's connection with her mother is left hanging. It was always suspected that Leia was born first, but with Luke being the oldest, her statement just doesn't make sense. My favorite scene in the movie is when Obi-Wan and Anakin both use a force push at the same time. I really think it showed Obi-Wan's power.

Janolikesgirls
it was so awesome!!!!

sexyking
My favorite scene in the movie is when Obi-Wan and Anakin both use a force push at the same time. I really think it showed Obi-Wan's power.

Thats something i dont get if anakin can kill dooku when obi and him were locked he should have slammed obi into a wall instead of it going both ways.

GABRIEL05
i don't like that Anakin didn't actually fall into lava. I was hoping to see Ani fall into the lava and then see some bad ass epic display of force powerage when he crawls out all burnt up and half alive. But the other way was OK.

Red Superfly
You fall in lava, you die. Come on.

It's sci-fi fantasy, not Dragonball Z.

interpol
Bad parts :
* The beginning of the movie as several comic parts, is funny, but the film lost a lot.
* Too much CG, i hate the part where cody speaks with obi, and we clearly see, that is head is real, but the body don't.
* Who edit the movie? The movie, simply don't stop, i got lost in the middle, really...I think we deserve more slow parts, and more background stuff.
* Grievous vs Obi. Grievous jedi killer?? i think obi-wan win too easily.

Good Parts :

* Boga, so cute the sounds we does.
* The final duels.
* The emotive parts(order66, ani choking padme, crispy ani)

Thanks

b-dan
i didnt like when griveous pulled out all for of his lighsabers and everyone was loocking forward to that and really they were hardly in it and most of the characters were hardly in it and yoda hehe got all sad when he lost against palpatine but hell i knew whta happend since january

stingray005
Cool Stuff

All the lightsaber fights
The entire opening space battle
Grevious
Any scene that had Yoda in it (cause he kicked @ss)
the PG-13 rating (stuff like Anakin burning)
hardly any Jar Jar binks

Stuff I didn't like

The infamous "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
The wookie battle was way too short
Why the hell did Gl decide to kill Mace (he was so cool)

padmeamidala
Originally posted by Oswald Kenobi
I hate the fact that Leia's connection with her mother is left hanging. It was always suspected that Leia was born first, but with Luke being the oldest, her statement just doesn't make sense. .

See to me, it still makes sense because couldn't Leia have thought her foster mom was her real mom and maybe her "mom" dies when Leia is still young but old enough to remember her image? Whereas Luke knew all along that he was being raised by his aunt and uncle, not "mother" and "father." I mean really, even if Leia were born first, it would have only been by a matter of moments, plus, you can't expect to have any lasting memory of your mother if she died the day you were born; does anyone really remember anything from the day they were born? So it still wouldn't have totally made sense even if she had been born first.

GABRIEL05
Originally posted by Red Superfly
You fall in lava, you die. Come on.

It's sci-fi fantasy, not Dragonball Z.

Well they explicitly said in the OT that that fool somehow finds himself in a vat of lava.

Tormentor_2004
the stupid thing is that Yoda loses Sidious and Mace beats Sidious. Also, the Obi slicing Anakin part was unclear and hard to see

Ou Be Low hoo
If Anakin is this all powerful 'chosen one', why doesn't he jump a little higher so his legs don't get chopped-off?

GABRIEL05
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
If Anakin is this all powerful 'chosen one', why doesn't he jump a little higher so his legs don't get chopped-off?

Because he wasn't trusting in the force...

Jard_Dooku
yeah, but he managed to jump from the falling bridge, that seemed like a long way

redux
I thought the execution of Order 66 was VERY GOOD. Kind of the end of an era. For thousands of years the Jedi have tried to keep the peace and in a matter of minutes they died. However I did think Yoda's reaction should have been a little stronger. Considering how greatly Obi-Wan reacted in IV when a planet without Jedis on it was destroyed, I would think that something like this would have just about incapacitated Yoda.

I thought the lightsaber duels were SWEET - the best part was when Darth Vader was walking out of the room and blocked blaster fire over his back without even looking and killed the guy with the ricochet. BAD-@$$!!!

I thought Obi-Wan was awesome.

I didn't like the fact that Vader killed the children. I think Sidious should have killed them, or they could have been killed my some big explosion. It seemed out of place - maybe I just think it's weird how it was done. I thought the whole point was to help Vader embrace his anger, but it seemed to me that he was doing it more out of duty than hatred. He didn't seem angry with the younglings like he was angry with the sand people on Tatooine. I thought the whole idea was this struggle that Anakin/Vader had his whole life. Somehow we are supposed to empathise with this guy now?

BlackC@t
He didn't see any reason to jump higher. He was big-headed and was sure he would make it.

I didn't like it how he joined the dark side so easily when Palpatine asked him. He should have put up a fight with his emotions.

It was very sad to see Obi-Wan telling Anakin he loved him and Anakin yelling back "I hate you!!!!"

redux
Oh yes I forgot. How come Senator Organa had 3po's mind wiped? So he wouldn't remember? In that case why didn't have have r2's mind wiped too? Better keep him away from any droids that know how to translate...

Jango_Fett_A
I saw the movie yesterday, it was awesome, i want to see it again. There were a few things that i didn't like though:
1) How the battle droids talked (they sounded like mice)
2) The battle on Kashyyyk was too short
3) Anakin joins the dark side to save Padme' but she dies because he does
4)General Grevious coughed before every line

Everything else i enjoyed though big grin

DeVi| D0do
I've probably said this before... but I really hated the droids' "Uh oh"s.

DeVi| D0do
One scene I don't really like is where Obi Wan watches the security recordings... I think it had so much potential to be emotional, but instead was just very bland.

Also, something that doesn't make sense... in that scene Obi Wan and Yoda both refer to Palpatine as 'The Emperor'. How could they have known Palpatine had declared himself the Emperor just moments ago?

Also, should Obi Wan and Yoda not be at least a tad surprised to see Anakin in the holograms? and maybe even, gosh-darn-it, upset? The scene makes little sense to me...

ohh wait, nevermind... Jedi aren't allowed to have feelings are they? roll eyes (sarcastic)

nazgūl-lord
i think yoda allready knew of sidious and anakin because he warned obi-wan not to see the security records

Dark hoser
my favorite scenes in the movie are when anakin officially becomes darth vadar and the lightsabar fight between anakin and obi and when obi cuts off anakins arm and legs. and when anakin gets the awsome vadar suit

Darth Nebulia
Another screw up is in the old episode when obi - wan says to Luke that their Mother (Padme) Hid them from their father . If Padme dies right away how does she do that Plus the conversation between Luke and Lara a real Plot Hole!!

orient_celts
Maybe it was a ploy to let Palpatine and Vader (esp Vader) to think the twins had died too so they won't be hunted down.

Anakin's turn to the dark side was quick for me too. I was expecting some more internal struggle, realizing that Palpatine had lured him into a trap, using his weakness - Padme.

Originally posted by padmeamidala

Luke and Leia's birth: completely unrealistic and made no sense.

How easily Anakin turned to the dark side. I mean, kneeling before Palpatine? Only moments after turning him in to be arrested? Come on, that's a little over the top.

SithKiller
Yes all a ploy....I almost missed the part during the funeral service when they had stuffed padmes shirt to make her still appear pregnant.....anyways i liked everything just about in the movie sept no Qui-Gon

supercybergeek
I have it on DvD and I fast forwarded thru many of the parts after I saw it in the theatre

DeVi| D0do
congratulations

DeVi| D0do
PLOT HOLE: Yoda drops his walking stick in Palpatine's office when he's hit by lightning, yet he still has it during the twins' birth scene!

PLOT HOLE: We still don't know why the Wookie has no pants!

Darth MoonPIE
LOL at the wookie has no pants comment...

Clone-pilot
Things you liked and didnt like about episode 3 :

The pace contrast at times is a little frustrating .
For example one minute the film would be in the midst of a jaw-dropping high octane battle sequence , then all of a sudden barely two minutes later we're seeing the much slower conversation scenes between Anakin and Palpatine or Anakin and Padme . Don't get me wrong , these scenes were just as important to the plot and well acted (especially in comparison to the last two prequels) , but instead of switching relentlessly between battle and slow conversation , Lucas should have seen the battle scene through to the end , and then moved on to the slower scenes . Or maybe he could even have edited the conversations down a little , I mean we got the point of what Palpatine was up to ; was there really any need for him to ramble on for so long and with that annoyingly slow voice of his .

Other than that though the film was fantastic , I enjoyed nearly every detail of it , and think Lucas connected the prequels to the original trilogy perfectly .

Another couple of gripes though (just to get it all off my chest so to put it behind me once and for all) :
1.>General Greivous' death could have been a little more ..... classy . I feel it was a little unimaginative , and it would have been better if he'd have took on a load of clones first to show his jedi-esque skills . He was a great character though .

2.> The space battle at the beggining could have had more actual footage of starfighters blowing each other away .You know like in ANH and ROTJ were we get a sense of comradeship between the pilots as they save each other just in the nick of time blowing up a TIE fighter at a crucial moment .... there was so much potential for that kind of malarkey , and as EP1 lacked a decent space fight too , I thought George would have leapt at the chance to get a few old-school elements in there .

3.> And finally , this ones a bit personal , but I was praying for Yoda to encounter some Imperial Gaurds to do battle with before his showdown with the Emperor , and while we did see him slam two of the red-headed mothers into the wall with a few hundred tonnes of force power , it wasn't quite the epic scrap I would have hoped for (to tell you the truth I really think the Imperial Gaurds have been left out of the mainframe of the Star Wars movies despite having so much mystique about them and potential for stylish combat .
mad

Oh well we can but dream ....wounded1

Clone-pilot
Originally posted by GCG
erm I was a bit confuzzled when first Palpatine tells Anakin the story of Plageus.

Anakin asks "Is it possible to learn this power"
Palps replies "Not from a Jedi"

This must have influenced Anakin greatly as he had no father and was born out of nothing but Shmi.

Then after Anakin butts in on Mace and Sidious, Anakin pledges allegiance as long as he learns the power. Sidious dubs him as Darth Vader, and then tells him that together they will discover the secret of creating life and stop people from dying.

I was like "Anakin WTF ? He doesnt even know himself and you become his apprentice ?? "

There was no guarantee about saving lives.

So my thoughts were that Anakin was really gullible.

A lot of posters o here have mentioned this , but I have my own theory as to why .

We know that Jedis can influence peoples minds and thoughts with their force powers . Well if Jedis can the Sith are bound to have simular skills , but by using the dark side have more overpowering brainwashing techniques . Perhaps Palpatines hold over Anakin was due to Anakins uncertainty about his future allowing the dark side to penetrate his mind and influence his thoughts . This had been going on for years , not just in this one movie , and in ROTS I think maybe Sidious was in the final stages of converting Anakin with his dark brainwashing using his powerful emotions towards Padme as an effective weapon .

borg Howzat???

Red Superfly
I was hoping that the Imperial Guards were going to be the henchmen that Obi-Wan was fighting with the staffs, way back when all we saw of Episode III was blue screen set footage.

They obviously turned out to be the highly interesting Magna guards, but a part of me still wishes that scene turned out to be Obi-Wan vs 3 Imperial Red Guards.

Stunrun
Best Parts:

The minute the Chancellor was arrested was where it all trully kicked off. At the point where Palpatine spins towards the Jedi, i was literatly shaking - furthermore with the sound that he makes. I never thought i would be frightened at any point in a Star Wars movie. Mace's duel was great, and i enjoyed seeing the Emperor's face transform (the 12A scene imo)

The saddest part of the movie started the minute Palpatine executes Order 66. when Obi-Wan and Boga fall down the sinkhole, i really felt the pain that was to follow with all the Jedi across the galaxy being wiped out - which was all down to track 4: Anakin's Betrayal - that played throughout.

Then to cut a long story short, every scene Mustafar left my eyes glued to the screen. Its at this point where Hayden really delivers, and i was practically in tears when Anakin was burning.

supercybergeek
Originally posted by Clone-pilot
A lot of posters o here have mentioned this , but I have my own theory as to why .

We know that Jedis can influence peoples minds and thoughts with their force powers . Well if Jedis can the Sith are bound to have simular skills , but by using the dark side have more overpowering brainwashing techniques . Perhaps Palpatines hold over Anakin was due to Anakins uncertainty about his future allowing the dark side to penetrate his mind and influence his thoughts . This had been going on for years , not just in this one movie , and in ROTS I think maybe Sidious was in the final stages of converting Anakin with his dark brainwashing using his powerful emotions towards Padme as an effective weapon .

borg Howzat???

thats a great idea but they did not show any solid evidence of that in the movies. Anakin folds faster than a wallet.

macgeek2005
This is what I liked about Episode III:

00:00:00 to 02:20:00

What I didn't like:

Waiting for it.

supercybergeek
thats a great idea but they did not show any solid evidence of that in the movies. Anakin folds faster than a wallet. Or even if he was posioned, that would have been more logical. Of if Padme was really sick throughout the movie, and coughed up blood a few times. Then I would beleive that anakin had real reason to turn bad. His reasons for turning to the dark side are based purely on weak hypothesis. He is not to smart, especially for a jedi.

Clone-pilot

I hear you , but like they say everyone has their own interpretation of a noveleveryone has their own interpretation of a novel , and it should be the same with films. Rather than my favourite films appearing to have holes in their story I'd rather fill those holes with my own rationale .

DeVi| D0do
I love how when Bail interupts Yoda he says "Obi Wan Kenobi has made contact", as is Yoda knows thousands of Obi Wan's...

The voice of the medical droids are horrible...

also, why the hell does does the one delivering the twins keep saying "Ooobah"? That made me laugh.

astrofan428
Yeah that nurse droid was annoying, I know in the SW universe everybody lets their droids do the work, but come on.

What woman would want that droid and its giant spoon hand coming towards their "you know"?

Reverand89
I didnt like how anakin was beatin. i mean come on we waited so long for that moment and it turns off he just gets his limbs cut off while jumping sad i thought they could have made it more dramatic.

astrofan428
Originally posted by Reverand89
I didnt like how anakin was beatin. i mean come on we waited so long for that moment and it turns off he just gets his limbs cut off while jumping sad i thought they could have made it more dramatic.

They had to make it clear that Anakin made a mistake, they couldnt show Obi flat out whoop Anakin's ass.

DeVi| D0do
I thought it was done well.

Stunrun
I love how when Bail interupts Yoda he says "Obi Wan Kenobi has made contact", as is Yoda knows thousands of Obi Wan's...

The voice of the medical droids are horrible...

also, why the hell does does the one delivering the twins keep saying "Ooobah"? That made me laugh.

work it out lolstick out tongue "Ooba">Breath

DeVi| D0do
Heh... It just sounded so stupid... "Ooooba. Oooooooba, ooooba" yeah, okay we get it, ooba.

And I doubt Padme knew what the hell she was on about...

SnakeEyes
I understood how necessary the end of the duel was between Anakin and Obi-wan, but it was a little less dramatic...

darth dubious
palpatine has clouded anakins thoughts.

Jerico
What an unbelievably terrible design that cockpit of Grevious starship is when a hand held weapon can explode the glass sucking everything out into space.

No doubt as they headed into battle he was thinking 'By god, i hope they don't shoot at this fragile glass bubble'

queeq
I think "Ooba" is the SW equivalent of "Coochie coochie coo".

keYa
the coolest scene is when anakin cry alone in the jedi council ( with the beautiful "Padme's Ruminations" track) just before the mace/palp duel ...
This scene makes me sad , good job George , it's the first time you've made a well-done scene (without any speechs)
I hope that you're next movie will win some oscars...

Reverand89
They had to make it clear that Anakin made a mistake, they couldnt show Obi flat out whoop Anakin's ass.

yeha i guess you are right but still even if it was the right way to do it still dissipointed me sad

Heather 29
I liked Anikin & Padame's Closenes in the beginning of the Film.
I did not like it when Anikin KIlled the younglings, and then a while after that Hurt his own wife Padame. It wasn't her fault, she was right. anikin was going down a path she could not & would not follow.
and that he just had to follow Palpitine,

UberJediMaster9
I hated how fast Grievous went down. He was renowned for killing many jedi yet suddenly bang bang bang and he has no arms.

Darth_Nihilus
no what sucked a$$ about it that all the jedi with the power of the force dies so fast whats up with that u see aarua sakura die and after she is dead the clone soldiers keep fireing even tho she is died whats up with that and plo koon u see him 4 like 5 sec. he should have a fight secne even with his jedi fighter but noooo the two fighters in back of him slow down and blast him down atle

Darth_Nihilus
st the teenage boy died in blazing glory

Ahhhnakin
First a comment to complete Star Wars bashers:
It's pathetic that we have to endure a few posters who only come here to annoy others and express their venom with a movie series that they obvious don't appreciate. I agree with the person who said that when you don't like a movie, you just stop talking about it and move on. When you DO like one, you may even search message boards and discuss it, so it's odd that they would be here in the first place imho. So please, if you can't discuss a movie of this callibur with any class, then go away. It's one thing to disagree and talk about a few things you didn't like, and another entirely to act like whiny children who are just trying to tick people off, especially on a board like this one where people come to talk about something they enjoy, good or bad. A little respect goes a long way in life.... try it. Okay, vent over.

That being said:
Dislikes.... not many for me:
1. Watching Anakin fall so quickly... some more inner turmoil would have been better.... and some glimpse of the life-saving technique would have been nice.
2. Padme. She wasn't herself in this one.
3. The transformation into the Vader suit... I agree that it would have been nice to see more of this part.

Likes.... pretty much everything else, but especially:
1. Anakin.... I thought he was very believable this time around... likable, but a tormented soul. I found myself wanting to see more of his inner turmoil, because it's really helped shape who Vader became for me. Also, he looked fantastic and loved that he was a total badass, so no compliants there. wink
2. The way the scene was done when Anakin and Padme were looking out across each other and he made the choice not to save her.... or so we thought.
3. The opening fighting scene was fantastic. Obi and Anakin were fabulous here.
4. The ending fighting scene with Obi was awesome too.... sad, emotional, traumatic. Loved it.
5. Finally, I loved how it came full circle with Ep IV.

astrofan428
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well said about the bashers.

I agree you dont like the movie, fine. You come here post your thoughts in a review thread, fine. You come in here and respond to every positive post with crap like yeah but that part sucked or worse crap like "Sith Sux @$$" and "Lucas is gay" then you are just being an *******. Why dont you just go find a "Monster In-Law" forum and talk about how much you loved it.

Lazerlike42
yeah he kept his name skywalker.... remember the whole point of Star Wars is that it is supposed to be a cheesey space opera serial a la the 1940s..... that's also why everybody is so connected, because it's not supposed to be completely realistic, it's meant to be sortof cheesy

gentmax
I liked Anakin's character in the beginning, before he cuts of Dooku's head. It was like complete opposite of Anakin in EP II.
When Yoda does the big Force thing on the guards!!
The scene with Anakin and Padme across the city was probably the most tasteful scene in all Star Wars movies.
Minimal C-3PO was very good.
The Padewan trying to escape was cool.
The killing of the Younglings was an important step in Vader's step towards the Dark Side.

Dislikes
I would have liked to see more of the Wookie battle.
The Tarzan yell.
I thought they overdid the sentence structuring of Yoda. Watch Empire Strikes Back. He didn't reverse every thing he says.
Not much else.

BTW, I was saying something to my wife at the time, so I missed it, but what did Bail tell Capt. Antilles about C-3PO when he gave him the 'droids. Was it something about clearing his memory????
Thanks.

astrofan428
Yeah he simply says have the protocol droid's mind wiped.

gentmax
OK, cool, that's what I thought. I looked up and saw C-3PO with that WTF look, and had been wondering since. Thanks alot astrofan428. big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>