? about ESB

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
I watched ESB today and noticed when they were gonna put Han Solo in carbonite Chewbaca when nuts and started attacking some Stormtroopers. Bobba Fett was gonna shoot Chewie but Vader stopped him. I wonder if Vader stopped Bobba from shooting Chewie cause threepio was in pieces on his back?

I am thinking that Vader remembers Threepio.

Morgoths_Wrath
good point, I don't think that's what Lucas intended it to mean but it certainly worked out that way.

juggernaut74
I think that its just wierd that Vader stopped Bobba from shooting Chewbacca.

It certainly makes sense.

Morning_Glory
was Boba Fett in Ep III.. was thinking he would have a bigger part embarrasment

Ushgarak
Gah, no, this old thing... absolutely not. Vader was just satisfied with watching things pan out. Besides, Boba might have caused more trouble than he stopped.

mossman
Vader did not want any of his prisoners dead, it's as simple as that.
They were his bait to lure Luke to Bespin - that is all he was really after.
They were as much use to him dead as Solo was to Fett dead.

Mr Parker
Yeah I always wondered myself why Vader stopped him and that explanation definetely makes sense.

yerssot
nothing about wanting to save 3PO. He let him have it, if he would attack Vader, he would just slay him in cold blood

Red Superfly
Vader wanted Chewie alive. Simple as that. He didn't want a big mess and he wanted Luke to comeand try to free them.

It's just a coincidence about C3PO being there, now it seems as though the circumstances have changed.

Mr Parker
Chewie never had any intention of attacking Vader though,just the storm troopers.I think Vader knew Solo would calm him down and order would be restored soon like it was so there wasnt any need to shoot him is what I am thinking.

SixOfTwelve
On a related note: Gotta love this windows wallpaper from the guys at Dark Horse comics.
http://darkhorse.com/zones/starwars/downloads.php?did=146

mossman
In an early draft of ESB, Vader took out 3PO's robotic heart and crushed it after he was dismantled by the troops on Bespin.
I kid you not.

Nothing to do with Lucas referencing the fact that Vader created 3PO at that juncture though.
(Considering it was an idea Lucas would not have for a further 15 years at least.)
It was merely to show how ruthless Vader was.

Ruthless or not, as I said before, he needed his prisoners alive, as they were the bait in his trap for Luke...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.