If I jump?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sand person no. 10
If a lift is falling from the top floor of a building and is about to crash at the bottom of the lift shaft and I jump just before it lands do I survive. I think I do.

Would you survive?

Ushgarak
Well, if you tell me your survival trick I might, though I would be loathe to test it.

Captain REX
Maybe. Why, are you going to try it? It would be easy to jump, but you would sort of "fly" cause it's going down. If it were going up, then you would be pasted to the floor if you jumped.

TeCk-IcE
Looks like a crazy idea to me!

LanceWindu
Is this for something you want to try?

Or it is just incase it happens to you while riding an elevator/lift?

BAN-ONE MCGUINN
wasnt that a song by van halen? the downward momentum is greater than your force of accent when jumping so it is futile to do so-------youll only die stupid

Captain REX
Yes, because if you jump, you go weightless for a second and then you go plummeting down at the platform which has gone down farther.

LanceWindu
Even if only if you jump a foot before the elevator hits the ground? I would think you'd be ok. But I'm probably wrong.

Captain REX
It would still hurt even if you jumped a foot from the ground as it hit the ground.

finti
why dont you try it and tell us about it in your obituary

Ushgarak
You wouldn't be weightless at any point. The relative speed between you and the ground would still be very terminal.

Meanwhile, SP10's question does rather depend on whether he is in the lift or not...

mechmoggy
I think he's trying to think of ways to die now that Wolves have blown it this season.

If Blues get promoted SP#10, I'm gonna hold you personally responsible. mad wink

Texas
If you want to kill yourself Sand Person #10, drive into your garage, put it in park, close the garage door and hit the gas. You'll be gone in about 10 minutes, painless!

anyways....

Jumping right before the elevator hits the floor wont save your life. I saw this done on 'Bill Nye the Science Guy'. Except he used an egg to demonstrate.

BankOne is right, it's all about momentum!

Thomas H
It will probably kill him, so do not try !!

Gundark
Tex you idiot....its Ban-One, not BankOne.

stick out tongue

Lets try it with something bigger than an egg.

ToMacco
What a morbid discussion. sad sad sad

Gundark
Well I didn't start it. You'll have to take it up with the Raider.

mah
yerssots head?

Gundark
No, SP10....he's always hanging out with those other 9....

finti
lame ones

Gundark
Well the lift idea didn't work for the Emporer in that shaft. But then he didn't have a lift option did he ?

queeq
He didn't?

Gundark
Ya think he could have saved himself. I guess he was just taken so off guard.

queeq
I heard he was occupied with the electricity bill.

Gundark
I think you're right. I wonder where those guards went though......

queeq
They probably were the whistle blowers.

Gundark
Snitches.

queeq
But RED snitches.

finti
they went to queeqs bar of course roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

yerssot
the jump doesn't hurt, it's the landing

Gundark
I'm surprised the whole Death Star didn't blow when the Emporer landed.

yerssot
when the Emperor landed on it? well, he wanted something big to brag about...

Gundark
I bet he landed on a big pile of discarded tv's and refridgerators.

yerssot
where those loaded with food?

Captain REX
Yes, yes they were. And sodas...raspberry cream sodas! My fav!

Then that bastard Emperor fell on them and made them explode on him.

Did you know that a robber stole a 7up truck and when he made tight turns soda cans flew out, hit the pavement, and shot off like missiles?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.