A very disheartening revelation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
Well, i wasnt really sure where to go with this. I needed some kind of outlet to vent. I found out a few days ago that my older brother who is 29 is infact not my brother. It appears the father of my brother is a man that MY father forced my mother to sleep with.

My brother is in the Army, he recently got married to a woman in the army. My mother was speaking with my brother's wife and i guess the topic of blood types came up because my brothers wife had just gotten results from her blood work back. The results came out o negative. She always thought her blood type was A positive. She thought it was interesting because she now had the same blood type as my brother. My mother contested that my brothers blood type was A negative. After speaking to my brother my mother found out that my brothers blood type is infact o negative. My mothers blood type is ab positive, my fathers blood was b positive.

After the 21 years of my life, he is still my brother of course, but i feel kind of lost, dont know why though. Any out there ever go through somthing like this?

finti
he is your half brother though, and .............I really dont know what else to say..............

Kosta
Wow... thats really deep. But I guess as Finti said, he still is your half brother, and you still love him as a brother.

PVS
dont let the sins of your father and his father tarnish your relationship with your brother. if he was adopted, i doubt you love him any less, so why let this change things?

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by PVS
dont let the sins of your father and his father tarnish your relationship with your brother. if he was adopted, i doubt you love him any less, so why let this change things?

exactly, just stay busy and focus on doing the right things and the shock will wear off. hang in there bud

Capt_Fantastic
Why did you father make your mother sleep with another man?

BadKitty
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Why did you father make your mother sleep with another man? ...and is your mother still with your father?

I'm sure this won't change your relationship with your brother,but your father on the other hand you might have a huge problem with.

Fire
I had the same reaction as BK(dropped a K a while back I assume)

Your brother is still your brother man, blood aint everything.

I would certainly want a serious talk with my dad after hearing that tho

ragesRemorse
thats cool of you all for caring. I was just really pissed off at the time and needed to get it out. Learning that news diddnt change the emotion i had towards my brother at all. It was probably the biggest shock i ever had, and i Diddnt know what to think. It is a strange feeling when you first learn that your brother isnt of your same father. My dads dead now, so i guess it has all balanced out in the end.

Jackie Malfoy
That is a very confusing but still pretty interesting.JM

botankus
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Why did you father make your mother sleep with another man?

He could have been a big-shot producer in the film industry. wink

debbiejo
You can look at it as "We are all related anyway"... That would be quite a jolt though..

G.P
Fraternity isn't just about sharing the same blood. All the things you've done with him during the 21 years you lived won't fade: to a certain extent, he's fully your brother.
Yet it's a confusing situation. I sympathize.

okoky
hA!

okoky
HO

shaber
Right. And I'm the Empress of China! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.