The thread All Americans and Europeans should read

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlysplat
"Moore" Criticism

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so I'm surfing fox news right now, sue me...

Anyone know anything more about this?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,124168,00.html

Thoughts smile

§P0oONY
I believe a lot of what Moore says is very true, the American people on the whole have a worse education then a lot of European countries and their leader is hardly the smartest of the bunch. I am glad that some American's can admit this stuff

Moosooman
America aren't that bad... Just a handfull of the people who run it.

KharmaDog
I like how FOX criticise Michael Moore for trying to portray himself as a common man, and then have the nerve to call themselves fair and balanced.

Moore has made no secret of his opinion of "the collective wisdom of his fellow Americans" so why is this news?

He stated that the current American ethic is"every man for himself. Me me me me me." Yes, well that's the flipside to the American dream which is based on one's own hard work and their ability to rise above others as opposed to nations where unity is stressed.

He also states of his countrymen, "They are possibly the dumbest people on the planet... in thrall to conniving, thieving smug . We Americans suffer from an enforced ignorance. We don't know about anything that's happening outside our country. Our stupidity is embarrassing." Well, I'm guessing that that is frustration over the last election and that "seemingly" the masses accept Bush's behaviour and antics.

Like him or not Moore has always had the same agenda and been saying the same things, I ask again, how is this news?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Moosooman
America aren't that bad... Just a handfull of the people who run it.

The American public let them back in... erm

Moosooman

jaden101
i much prefered moore when he done his digging on big buisness...but im guessing he cant really criticise the rich of the world anymore given that he lives in a $2.5 million dollar apartment in New York and sends his kids to private school who then make friends with the children of rich buisnessmen

as for what he says in the link...

i'm not even American but i think any generalisation of that nature is ill informed nonsense

look at Robert Kilroy Silk....a former mp and a broadcaster and political commentator who was forced to resign after writing in an aritcle that arabs were all women oppressing, limb amputating, suicide bombing islamists

just as bullshit

yet one is praised for saying it and the other is denounced as a xenophobic racist

§P0oONY
>.< i know but it seems the expresion "New boss same as the old boss." Aplys meaning no matter if the oposition would have won nothing would drasitcally change *sigh.* Democracy doesn't work :'(

Democracy is the best kind of government we are going to see, it does work, and of course government will not all be the same, yes it will always be a two horse race in America; Republican or democratic because people believe voting for the 3rd independent party, is just a wasted vote. but both democratic and Republican stand for different things, although they often seem the same

WindDancer
Michael Moore is a big fat blimp full of hot air. Plus he is ugly...so whats new?

§P0oONY
He makes amusing films.... (speaking from a non-american POV.)

Moosooman

§P0oONY
It worked in greece smile But there is stil an element of coruption which i supose is true in most governments types. Ive always been green though so i am perhaps a little biased against this. All goverment types work in their own way, just some more than others. smile

That is why I find politics really interesting, I followed the US election basically night, as well as the British, which I found much more boring...

Moosooman

§P0oONY
I found it quite intresting in britain tbh. As liberal democrats won
a labour stronghold quite near to me and seem to be creeping nearer lol
It was just intresting seeing how much mp's labour lost.
sent a good message imo to tony blair saying we not happy." smile

lol, I found it kind of horrible how many votes the BNP got, great how the Lib dems gained about 17 seats and labuor lost like 47

Afro Cheese
He's right, but I wonder if he talks that way in America? If he does then I respect his opinion, but if he'll only say it while out of the country then I don't, he's probably just saying it to get Europeans to like him.

Fishy
He does in his books and movies, so I don't see why he wouldn't in public...

I absolutly love that Star Wars link that they have there btw... God fox news sucks ass

Afro Cheese
I haven't seen him attack the American general public in either of his documentaries.. he went after specific people most of the time. I never saw him say "Americans are just slow" or anything to that nature.

All I'm saying is that if he has a bone to pick with Americans that's fine as long as he's willing to say it to Americans, the people who actually need to hear it, and not just behind the safety of another country's boarder.

Fishy
He complains about a lot of America in his movies, and in the books. I can't give you specific sentences from the movies because I haven't seen them in a long time and not from the book because the book is Dutch, but i'm sure you could find some pretty easily. Of course he does kinda seem to stick with certain groups, but its pretty clear how he thinks about the general US populatoin

§P0oONY
I like it how he does use facts to back up his points though....

I don't believe he speaks about the whole of the general American public, because he would be included in that, I do think though that things about the mind set of a lot of Americans annoys him

Trickster
Originally posted by jaden101
i much prefered moore when he done his digging on big buisness...but im guessing he cant really criticise the rich of the world anymore given that he lives in a .5 million dollar apartment in New York and sends his kids to private school who then make friends with the children of rich buisnessmen

as for what he says in the link...

i'm not even American but i think any generalisation of that nature is ill informed nonsense

look at Robert Kilroy Silk....a former mp and a broadcaster and political commentator who was forced to resign after writing in an aritcle that arabs were all women oppressing, limb amputating, suicide bombing islamists

just as bullshit

yet one is praised for saying it and the other is denounced as a xenophobic racist

I think there's a difference between 'stupid' and 'woman-abusing suicide-bombing fanatic', don't you?

Afro Cheese
I'm not saying he doesn't say it, I'm saying I haven't ever heard him say it. I've only seen Bowling for Columbine and Farhenheit 911, so I have no idea what he has or hasn't said in his other work. If he does say it in America, good for him. If he doesn't, then I suspect the whole thing is just a way for him to kiss other countries asses.

And I'm not talking about just hinting to it.. if he can say it straight forward in Europe he can say it straight forward in America.

Fire
there's nothing new in this thread

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I'm not saying he doesn't say it, I'm saying I haven't ever heard him say it. I've only seen Bowling for Columbine and Farhenheit 911, so I have no idea what he has or hasn't said in his other work. If he does say it in America, good for him. If he doesn't, then I suspect the whole thing is just a way for him to kiss other countries asses.

And I'm not talking about just hinting to it.. if he can say it straight forward in Europe he can say it straight forward in America.

and these films are available to view in the USA....

Moosooman

§P0oONY
They are getting more and more popular as time goes by, i didn't realise how racist our country is, no BNP member was standing in my constituency. but it wouldn't have mattered, my constituency is always Conservative, although they did lose a bit of their majority to the Lib Dems (of course)

Moosooman
I Was shocked to find a couple of my friends were suporters. I told him to his face i'm glad my vote counted yours out. Stil shocked.

haven't seen him since.

moviejunkie23
there are idiots in every country, moore just manages to point ou the short comings of his own. what a dip.

§P0oONY
But there are a larger amount in the US then in many countries..

Because of America's large population.... had you going for a second stick out tongue

shaber
The UK's state education system is worse than that of all European countries except for three former Soviet Satellite states (including Hungary)

§P0oONY

moviejunkie23

moviejunkie23
lol

Deano
michael moore sucks
he never mentioned the real hardcore issues of 9/11

ALEX JONES IS THE REAL DEAL

Fire
Well what can you say about BNP. The right and maybe in some cases extreme-right wing parties are on the rise in Europe. Let's hope some other movement can call a halt to them, Just as long as it aint NeoLiberals

Afro Cheese

BackFire
Since when does anyone care what Micheal Moore has to say? It's no secret he's a two faced pig.

KidRock
Originally posted by BackFire
Since when does anyone care what Micheal Moore has to say? It's no secret he's a two faced pig.

Well said, well said indeed.

Big Evil
Despite disagreeing with Moore on ALOT of things I like him, he believes what he says and is passionate about those beliefs. I respect him.

Just like how I look up to O' Reilly despite thinking he's a xenophobic coocoo stuck in the 50s lol.

That's the problem with most people, they have no backbone. Thier spineless worms who lean towards a side. Thier like the me-too flame warriors, we need more big dogs..

However I can't say anything beyond that cause I've been called a ferraus cranus. XD

debbiejo
I always felt Moore was a jerk...Now I know for sure he is.

Tptmanno1
Two words:
Ann Coulter...
The Micheal Moore For Republicans except infinitely worse.

Darth Jello
Ok, let's go back to our SAT study guides

Fox News is to Journalism
as
Steak Sauce is to Fresh Vegetables

plus, moore has a point. the bestselling author of the last century in this country was a nutjob named Ayn Rand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.