Favouite Lame Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlysplat
Favorite 'lame' power

What's your favorite 'lame' power? They're the tiny, quirky little abilities that won't overwhelmingly win battles or win you a spot as an X-man, but with a bit of creativity...

Mine would be empathy, both receiving and sending. Everyone goes on and on about telepaths that can control your every thought and memory, but really, why bother with mix-and-matching someone else's brain (and risk seeing all those icky thoughts) when you can nudge them into liking you, or create/manipulate their emotions to your own ends?

Then there's plant control. It doesn't even have to be 'make a giant sequoia appear in ten seconds' strong, just enough to help along... certain plants... medicinal plants...

Note: The power you pick doesn't have to be used for good, money making and evil are also perfectly acceptable.

Keep the faith angel

nigel45
Super Ventriloquism

Scoobless
the Spot is a whiney loser but has a cool power

lame powers..... hmmmm........ having two extra arms is pretty lame.... but you could become an excellent Boxer or the Ultimate Fighting Champion

Mainstream
thier was a new mutant he had the ability to learn other langauges at a super human rate...that won't exactly strike fear in the hearts of evil doers

FieryBalrog
super-breath cool

Mainstream
tongue12 super long tougue

Swanky-Tuna
Luck.

In every Longshot vs fight I like to say something like "soandso gets hit by a leer jet full of nuns and dynamite. Longshot wins!"

DigiMark007
The Tick has his "nigh invulnerability" which is another way of saying "we don't know how tough he is."

I once took a "Which super hero are you" quiz and one of the choices for which power I'd want was "Inflict emotional pain." The thought of me making someone feel emotionally distraught as my power was too hilarious to imagine.

-DM

whirlysplat
big grin

Originally posted by Mainstream
tongue12 super long tougue

Keep the faith devil

Quick Freeze
wolverine

Wickerman
Actually Angel has a pretty lame power. Basically having your entire body adapted to flight doesn't exactly sound that threatening, but it is incredibly cool IMO. Not to mention looking like an angel love

As for villain powers, Riptide comes to mind. Spinning at an incredibly fast speed may sound silly, but when you then release shuriken (or anything pointy for that matter) can be interesting. From what i know, he was one of the few that managed to severely injure Colossus thumb up

~wickerman~

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Luck.

In every Longshot vs fight I like to say something like "soandso gets hit by a leer jet full of nuns and dynamite. Longshot wins!"

yea, thats another power I really hate.

Oh, and Lifeguards power. She detects danger and gets whatever power needed to stop it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mainstream
Forge...the ability to make and understand any machine

Wickerman

that is by NO means a lame power.

~wickerman~

Mainstream
okay...but did doesn't seem as cool you know...It doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of your enemies...."oh no...he's gonna ...he's gonna..build something...oh god have mercy on us"

Bishop X
Underwater breathing. Scary! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mainstream
what about the ability to see possible futures but not know which future is gonna happen.

DarkCrawler
Taskmaster's power.

Mainstream
that's the dude that can copy none powered moves like fights skills, flips, and stuff..that a cool power.

Wickerman
okay...but did doesn't seem as cool you know...It doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of your enemies...."oh no...he's gonna ...he's gonna..build something...oh god have mercy on us"

You should have a little discussion with a guy called "The Adversary" and a horde of demons about that. Oh...and Storm too big grin

~wickerman~

Mainstream
The Adversary...I heard of him..but didn't Forge use magic to beat him?

LordFear
The ability to control every hair strand on your body from head to toe.
OHHHHHHHHHHHH NO.
"LOOK it's Hairdude. Damn how can we defeat such a powerhouse?"

manjaro
the absolute lamest power of all time has to be that kid in the X2 movie who couldnt sleep.....ooohhhh.......... look at meee, i dont need sleep and i can change tv channels by blinking my eyes....run ...run away as fast as you can for "no sleepy eye blinky guy" is on the loose. hide the women and children

Mainstream
and don't forget Toads super leaping ability.

manjaro
no dude thats actually kind of cool, even the super adhesive tongue, but its the I'm gonna throw up on you and block your breathing thing thats lame

Mainstream
okay what about super sense of taste.

grey fox
amplification of noise (can turn a small noise into a large one just by wanting it too) no more volume dial for me !

Wickerman
okay what about super sense of taste.

that could backfire very easily. What if your sister's doing the cooking????

~wickerman~

Swanky-Tuna
He can understand them now? Last time I checked he could build anything but he didn't necessarily know how it works.

Scoobless
what about Jack Hawksmoor's ability to talk to buildings?.... the rest of his abilities are cool.... but that one suxx ballzz

Next Venom_girl
I was given a gift: I shovel well-- The Shoveler, Mystery Men. big grin

Darth-Todd
I made a movie about a guy who gets SuperMan Level Powers, the only catch is when he uses them he becomes a hot chick, and it's ntop what you think. for the powers to work you have to be pure of heart, that means no feeling your self up or any pervetedness, or they will horribly scar you.... I thought it was funny, check out the movie at my link in my signature

magic_hate_ball
the lamest power ive seen is the tattoo man(GL). i mean how lame is it that you can have your tattoos come to life and attack someone?

Scoobless
depends what your tattoos are of...... what if you had a Godzilla and a Galactus tattoo?

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Scoobless
depends what your tattoos are of...... what if you had a Godzilla and a Galactus tattoo?

then you would have the power of Godzilla... multiplied by the power of Galactus!! pirate

Wickerman
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
then you would have the power of Godzilla... multiplied by the power of Galactus!! pirate

godzilla x galactus = pirate smiley face What the f**k? What the f**k?

~wickerman~

Blair Wind
Originally posted by grey fox
amplification of noise (can turn a small noise into a large one just by wanting it too) no more volume dial for me !

used right that could be pretty cool....have you ever seen Batman Beyond? they had a guy named Shriek who made sound devises.....he can cause major destruction......i mean amplify all the sound in New York everyone's eardrums blow and you rob a bank....easy as that wink

grey fox
yeah i have seen batman of the future (thats what they call it over here in the uk) shreik was the most kickass character they ever had although that hippy guy with the vest who screamed 'BLOW IT ALL UP' was a close second

ragesRemorse
my top three are

a giant tongue...that is about as dumb ass as you can get.

being really really fat. that is about the second most dumb ass ability

invisibility. yeah it's cool, but it is more of a party trick when compared to abilities that result in devastation. "hey, hey look at me i can turn translucant."

BENITO
8 feet of extra skin.

Myth
The powers to cry at any time. Scary.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.