Help Me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Elladora
I've been going through the forums and contemplating about the stereotypes people call themselves like Goth, Prep, ****, and so on, even Punk. I found a problem. I don't fit into any. crybaby I mean, I'm not a goth. I do tend to do gothic things, but I blade, I'm not too athletic, but I love to play sports, and I love pukish things, but I don't know which I really belong to. Am i just some stupid geek? Could someone please help me figure it out.

Storm
I don' t see the problem at all.

davishl
i think you should not worry about putting yourself in 1 category....be yourself!!!! big grin

shellie
I agree with Storm...and why would you want to put your self into a stereotype?...be who you are and dont worry with it.

pinsleepe
I guess you can tell me what's a prep? Sorry, problems with English smile

PinkDi@monds
your unique! we all are. if you want to be somebody else, i pity you

Elladora
Yes, trust me no matter what I'm myself, but I mean it's hard to explain. anyways, as for Prep, it's hard to explain, but I know I sure as hell ain't one.

davishl
i like the peeps in this room!!! strong independant!!! my kinda people!

pinsleepe
Originally posted by Elladora
Yes, trust me no matter what I'm myself, but I mean it's hard to explain. anyways, as for Prep, it's hard to explain, but I know I sure as hell ain't one.

cry Who's gonna tell me then?

Elladora
Uh, Prep, um very stuck on their looks and popularity. I guess.

Elladora
Originally posted by PinkDi@monds
your unique! we all are. if you want to be somebody else, i pity you

No, but see, everyone has a label! I mean everyone labels everyone and I don't want to claim to be something and someone think I'm a poser.

Storm
Imo, stereotypes can be damaging. When they are accepted as truth, they lead to sweeping assumptions about people and about individuals you don' t know personally. While it' s human nature to categorize people based on our experiences, stereotyping have far greater and more negative consequences than making judgments about individuals.

Moosooman
your not a steryotype i supose your, your own person. Thats what most peopel strive for.

a1hsauce
just be yourself... i like you that way Ella

Elladora
But I suck stick out tongue er. . .I mean, ya know what I mean nevermind.

Anna85
confused

a1hsauce
lol ohhh yeaaaaahhhh i know lol

Anna85
huh

Elladora
It's hard when you can't define yourself, ya know?

Anna85
i know
but i can smile

Elladora
shut up stick out tongue

Anna85
stick out tongue
sorry, i was just MAD!!!! eek!

Lana
Why do you need to be stuck with a label to define yourself? That's silly. You define yourself by who you are, to hell with labels and stereotypes.

Elladora
That's the problem. No one knows how to define me. I sure don't. I'm like all stereotypes (except prep) rolled up into one like I don't even know what I am, besides female stick out tongue

Anna85
u should be U!!!!

Lana
I'm the same way, I could fit under a lot of different labels. But I couldn't care less what I could be labelled as, personally I get rather mad when people try to label me. I am ME, Alana, a 19 year old girl that has very varied interests. I couldn't care less if others can't define who I am, that's not important to me. All that matters is that I'm happy with who I am.

Elladora
Oh others do define me, as a dyke, psycho, goth, skater (although I suck), brain, transvestite, lesbian, I could keep going, But I'm not goth, I don't think, I'm not lesbian, have no reason to be, and same for dyke and transvestite.

Lana
So don't listen to them.

Elladora
Yeah, well it still hurt cry not, I don't.

Anna85
go, Alana!!! stick out tongue

Elladora
Yeah, i'm sorry I made this thread now. roll eyes (sarcastic) confused

Lana
I've been called any number of things, and I've learned to not listen to what others think, because in the end the only opinion that matters is your own wink so don't worry about not fitting into one specific group, because anyway, as you will find if you really study people, NO one neatly fits under just one label.

Elladora
hehe, I know this one girl and she fits into two categories *coughs* anyways yeah

dave123
Originally posted by PinkDi@monds
your unique! we all are. contradiction zorro

Elladora
Dude, love the cosmo avatar

Lana
I'm watching Fairly Oddparents right now eek!

Elladora
Hmmm, anyways, I think this thread failed it's purpose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.