no wonder these forums are dropping

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moviejunkie23
you know i first came in these posts and it was pretty much brimming with people. I noticed there are far less and i am begining to see why. Far too many people here are mean and insulting and when you show any sort of emotion back they try to ridicule you for it and then deny they hold and anger in return. Its like people trying to cover up their own stink and desperatley trying to find faults in someone else. I had one guy try to critisize me for using LOL while he at the same time used smiley laughing emodes. wtf.
I had a post i was trying to just get my message out that people should be aware that their can be negative results from smoking pot and i was called ignorant and a hypocrite and as soon as i was insulting back i was critisized for being insulting . wtf. I was like jeez just because you have a drug problem why do you have to attack me??
Anyway i am beginning to see allot of the more outspoken ones in these posts are nothing more than a annoyance when i could be doing more studying and less concern over people that have enough malice that they sit there are try to pick you apart because you disagree with them.
What a joke.
So maybe if people lighten up in here maybe you'll get a better population, but until then you don't have to wonder why more people are hitting these posts.
I am out cya

Bardock42
He didn't ridicule you...but the general use of lol since it obviously is in most cases not true.

And actually everything you say mostly applies to you, too.

BadKitty
ahh it happens,forget about it.

Kagome2005
you can't expect everyone to like you and agree with your opinions. Some will some won't deal with it.

Fire
I didn't read the thread in question, but I know from quite a couple years of experience that you will always disagree with certain people here. Just because some are harsh and mean is no reason to leave. I'm sorry you feel that way moviejunkie, but if you feel you must do that, then by all means feel free.

Dexx
noooo..don';t kill yourself ;p
just stay out of the otf....and places where drama queens usually lurk wink

Fire
I agree with Dexx his wise words

Lana
Or just get used to the fact that people aren't required to agree with you wink and don't take things so personally.

Moosooman
Its the same with any comunity as it gets larger. Elastic band effect leik.

Dexx
well thank you fire big grin

KharmaDog
In an open forum, you can't expect to post something and not get a reaction, be it positive or negative. Sometimes I think my post show a hint of intelligence, sometimes a hit of sarcasm and sometimes I call people on posting something that I disagree with.

In return I have been attacked, insulted and debated with. As much as I love a good debate I am not a huge fan of being insulted, however that was the risk I took when posting and I have to learn to deal with it or leave.

You have the same option MJ. However, I will say that continually airing your beefs or complaints about particular members and trying to mask them in a general complaint is not only going to incur the wrath of the members who are annoying you, but will also turn other members against you as it sounds rather whiny and childish.

As much as I'd like everyone to be respectful of one another, it isn't going to happen. Even I have posted kneejerk reactions (or even well thought out replies) directed to members who have annoyed me or my personal sensibilities. There are members here who's attitudes or posts annoy me, but I either ignore them or debate it, sometimes it may burst into a minor flame war, such is life.

I won't comment on my personal views on your posts be they negative or positive. What I will say is that if you can't deal with how people may react to what you say, than don't say anything.

Fire
Kharma had to show off with a big post again stick out tongue

WindDancer
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
you know i first came in these posts and it was pretty much brimming with people. I noticed there are far less and i am begining to see why. Far too many people here are mean and insulting and when you show any sort of emotion back they try to ridicule you for it and then deny they hold and anger in return. Its like people trying to cover up their own stink and desperatley trying to find faults in someone else. I had one guy try to critisize me for using LOL while he at the same time used smiley laughing emodes. wtf.
I had a post i was trying to just get my message out that people should be aware that their can be negative results from smoking pot and i was called ignorant and a hypocrite and as soon as i was insulting back i was critisized for being insulting . wtf. I was like jeez just because you have a drug problem why do you have to attack me??
Anyway i am beginning to see allot of the more outspoken ones in these posts are nothing more than a annoyance when i could be doing more studying and less concern over people that have enough malice that they sit there are try to pick you apart because you disagree with them.
What a joke.
So maybe if people lighten up in here maybe you'll get a better population, but until then you don't have to wonder why more people are hitting these posts.
I am out cya

Is very usual to receive criticism from others. And most of it is base on personal opinion. I giving criticism before and receive it at the same time. And I will admit I've come close to calling people names, but then again I restrict myself from doing such a dumb action. If you feel you're being offended make a report and the mods will look it up. Just be patient with other people's comments. Disagreements are bound to happen in a discussion.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Fire
Kharma had to show off with a big post again stick out tongue

Does the size of my post offend you Fire? eek!

Fire
no your lack of intelligence does stick out tonguestick out tongue

KharmaDog
no your lack of intelligence does stick out tonguestick out tongue

Now that was just mean.

Fire
just kidding KD

KharmaDog
I figured wink

Afro Cheese
I think it's just cause summer is here for a lot of people.. a week or two more and I'm outta here too.

Alpha Centauri
Movie Junkie, I'll put this as polite as I can.

You come into threads ill-informed and pointlessly not accepting anything anyone else says unless they agree. You fail to contribute to any of the major debates, you just pop at people when you are out smarted or out debated, such as you did with PVS and I.

Then you turn it into blatant verbal abuse of which there is no need.

The reason this forum is going down the drain is because of people like you.

-AC

Big Evil
(I know how this is going to sound but bare with..)
*****! You don't know what unfriendly is! XD
http://www.thekidsarentalright.org/forum/
Look around there for a while and you'll realise just how lucky you are. I had to watch that place degenerate into total unrivaled shit for three years before I finnaly gaveup on those terrible individuals..

Just meation the name "Big Evil" while you're at it, I dare you..

Fire
okie, I think enough ppl had a say about this one, this will not solve much except turn into uglyness. Cause eventually someone will get offended

Storm
Debating is not just arguing. It is an exchange of ideas in which both sides try to make the case for their position. Debating is not about who can state their position the loudest.

In discussions our opinions often conflict with the opinions of others. The most of us are all adults (maybe) and should conduct ourselves as such. More and more, I notice a hostile attitude surfacing. Attack the argument rather than the person.

Fire
True, well maybe it will all get better when the mighty Raz returns

smoker4
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Movie Junkie, I'll put this as polite as I can.

You come into threads ill-informed and pointlessly not accepting anything anyone else says unless they agree. You fail to contribute to any of the major debates, you just pop at people when you are out smarted or out debated, such as you did with PVS and I.

Then you turn it into blatant verbal abuse of which there is no need.

The reason this forum is going down the drain is because of people like you.

-AC

Couldnt have made it more elequant myself, informed you must be to start a topic regarding drugs of any nature, you werent hence the backlash smokin'

PVS
OH NO!!! MJ IS LEAVING!!?!?!?!?!?

whats this pain in my chest??? it must be my heart breaking crybabyyou will be sorely missed
the second i get home tonight i will smoke a bong hit in your honor

Storm
Congratulations.

smoker4
laughing Dont bogart it PVS i might start on heroin

Big Evil
Originally posted by Storm
Debating is not just arguing. It is an exchange of ideas in which both sides try to make the case for their position. Debating is not about who can state their position the loudest.

In discussions our opinions often conflict with the opinions of others. The most of us are all adults (maybe) and should conduct ourselves as such. More and more, I notice a hostile attitude surfacing. Attack the argument rather than the person.
Isn't that the nature of ALL forums?

Fire
PVS smoker give it a rest will ya this ain't helping

Well BE KMC wasn't always like this

Big Evil
Well BE KMC wasn't always like this
No, but all forums inevitably "become this".

Give into the darkness. Inquire to it's void.
INQUIRE DAMNIT! mad laughing

PVS
sorry, im just sick of self-pity threads erm

do they not warrant such a reaction? especially since its indirectly dedicated to me.

Fire
well you should be above that

Storm
No they should not warrant such a reaction!

smoker4

True but it gets harder as it goes along

Fire
No excuse smoker

PVS

i'm not 'above that'

someone makes a habit of insulting and even now making bash threads on me,
and no effort is made to close them, then i am NOT above taking a jab back.
sorry to argue with you, since we've never had any problems, but thats how i am.

Fire
This is not what I would classify as a bash thread. But if you feel like that that's your god given right. Now I can understand you're upset I've been upset a few times myself (heck I reacted stronger they you did)

But you feel so strongly a reaction is warranted it is best, tho as hard as it might be, not to give it. If you want a mod to close down this thread you should report it and be patient.

I don't mind an arguement

I know I'm right anywayz stick out tongue

eggmayo
Originally posted by smoker4
Couldnt have made it more elequant myself, informed you must be to start a topic regarding drugs of any nature, you werent hence the backlash smokin'
Good Call. Weed has been proved less harmful than alcohol and tobacco.
Dont worry boys, we can sleep easy.

BackFire
They're just words on your computer screen, get over it.

yerssot
wait... THIS is the reason why there is inactivity? blink
I didn't notice that yet though

KidRock
What a joke.
I am out cya

Welcome to the internet.

§P0oONY
What a joke.
I am out cya

In all fairness you probably wouldn't have been called a hypocrite or ignorant unless you did something to make someone feel that way, people on these forums don't say things like that to other members without a reason... erm

and there is a difference between calling someone a hypocrite or ignorant then insulting someone...

debbiejo
I don't know any other way of life.... blink People are people they are the same where ever you go...I think the more out spoken you are, the more your gonna attract outspoken people...wish you wouldn't go MJ...Did you know MJ is another word for Mary Jane, which is another word for Marijuana....Sorry...I shouldn't of done that. sad

phinney6
What a joke.
I am out cya

Being a vet of these board, I COMPLETELY agree. Why do you think you rarely see me outside of the bar? Because you cannot have an opinion outside of the mainstream without being insulted and things like that. I agree with you, and dont take shit from anyone. smile

phinney6
being a vet, you want me to tell you why this is? because the select few have a different opinion and continually get ganged up on. Through insults, and sarcasim, it gets sickening, and really childish. I mean too many people attack others while they should be defending their point instead of trying to get "one up" on the other guy. Screw this board, the bar is all thats left,

phinney6
Also, moviejunkie was doing no more to pot than you guys do to political figures all the time. In fact moviejunkie I believe was the first to get insulted "dumbest idiots on the board". hmmmmmmmm thts not an insult now is it? jeez............

IceWithin
is there a point in the thread??

this forum is a comunity, this is not a place for people to love each other, specially this forum (GDF)
MJ, u dont want ppl to call u that, then as simple as this, DONT COME TO THE GDF, starting this "poor me, everyone is mean" thread wont do anything...
and well if u wanna leave... leave.

GCG
there are other reasons for less contribution on the forums:

1) Summer approaches, and the weather is nice outside. Humans got fed up of sitting inside in bad weather and watching TV and posting on the internet

2) The approach of summer also means exams, and since this kmc popolus is made up of a lot of students, they must be studying.

3) Summer also brings with it new jobs.

There are other reasons why there are less people. Some of your reasons dont necessarily mean that they are shared by others.

botankus
I believe moviejunkie has started a thread about this before - about 2 months ago.
Somebody did...about the harrassment when new ideas are presented.

Bottom Line is,
If you can't handle thought-out and negative criticism then don't post.

If you can't handle personal attacks from those who have nothing constructive to say but just want to insult you with names, then don't worry because they're simple trolls and don't think that every member doesn't realize that, too.

Fire
Originally posted by phinney6
Also, moviejunkie was doing no more to pot than you guys do to political figures all the time. In fact moviejunkie I believe was the first to get insulted "dumbest idiots on the board". hmmmmmmmm thts not an insult now is it? jeez............

IF Phinney is right about this then ppl in here should learn to debate.

Keep it cool Ice, MJ has the right to be upset if he gets insulted, that's never necessairy. I've had debates on this board with tons of ppl with whom I seriously disagree on many cases yet I never called ppl "the dumbest idiot on the board"

That's not a way to debate. That's low

whobdamandog
This is a little bit off topic..but I always thought moviejunkie was a girl..

PVS
oh ffs quit supporting this guy's self pity and crying.
dont make me copy and paste every insult he posted against me,
even sinking low enough to insult my mother. not that i care about that,
but if your going to personally attack someone, then dont cry like a 6 year old girl with a skinned knee when someone hits back. really, this is some corny shit.

remember the old saying about glass houses and throwing stones?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by PVS

Is that the one where they say, "use a brick instead, it causes more damage"?

PVS
...something like that stick out tongue

ok, then how about the pot and the kettle?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by PVS

I know it big grin...

People Who Live In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones!

KharmaDog
Originally posted by PVS
ok, then how about the pot and the kettle?

Is that the one that states, "you can brew tea in a pot, but good luck trying to cook stew in a kettle!"?

PVS
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Is that the one that states, "you can brew tea in a pot, but good luck trying to cook stew in a kettle!"?

no no no

"you can smoke pot...but you cant smoke a kettle"

yeah...thats it stick out tongue

KharmaDog
Originally posted by PVS
no no no

"you can smoke pot...but you cant smoke a kettle"

yeah...thats it stick out tongue

But you could make that Kettle into one mean-ass bong!

PVS
droolio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.