BLOOPERS in Revenge of the Sith pics and why Ben should've been FIRED

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HOBBE5
I couldnt remove the pics and post them here, so here's a link to the site that has pics of bloopers that were in. It also has how Obi chopped up Ani.

It looks like Ani jumped and did a twisted flip so he would land feet first behind Obi. In mid twist jump Ani, upside down, had his arm removed, and as he came down feet first, Obi swirled around and did a Babe Ruth baseball swing and cut him off above the knees.

http://flickr.com/photos/teach42/15118807/

Also concerning the actual blooper and parts of the movie.

Ben Burtt should be drawn and quartered for his hack edit job, though you could say the same for Lucas since he has ultimate control of the film, but one particular blooper probably wouldn't have come up if they didn't chop the shit out of the finale.

Speaking of the finale and the editing, which is the reason for the rant on Ben and Lucas, all that was talked about leading up to ROTS was THE DUEL. How it was 11-12 minutes long and that it wouldn't be cut or edited. That it would run completely through and be the longest fight in cinema history. Apparently not, and yet another disappointment.

I thought it was terrible that they intermixed both saber duels, leaving us with a half ass Obi-Ani duel. They should've played it as this:

Yoda meets with Sidious in the Senate, the battle ensues. Yoda flees with Bail Organa, as Sidious says they must go to Mustafar to help Ani.

Padme arrives on Mustafar and it plays out as it did, from start to finish with no breaks, ending with Obi chopping up Ani on a more dramatic background, than the one in the movie, which looked so ordinary. They should've gone with the background in the Making Of book.

That finale was my biggest issue with EP3 outside of several things that were never cleared up that were said to be. Outside of that, it was a good film, not great, but better than the other 2 prequels.

astrofan428
Cant beleive they never fixed the lightsaber problem, you could see that in the teaser.

LightSaber_Part
I know what you mean, I could even tell the first time I watched it

g0h4n
What lightsaber-problem?
The one where Obi-Wan is holding Anakin's lightsaber? :P

queeq
Errr.... what IS the lightsabre blooper?

g0h4n
I think it's the one where Obi-Wan is holding TWO different sabers while being choked by his former apprentice :P

HOBBE5
No, Obi didn't hold both sabers till the end on the slope. However, where Ani is forcing and bending Obi backwards on the table, while forcing his lightsaber upon him. You clearly see it's Obi's, then as they pan out, you see Obi holding Ani's lightsaber as it's being further forced down on him.

THAT'S THE THING THAT PISSED ME OFF ABOUT THE HACK EDITING JOB.

Is that half the time you wonder what was going, like during that scene, how come and why didn't Anakin have his saber. If it was knocked out of his hand show it.

Then how Palps is way up on the senate seats and Yoda flies to one, after just being on the main head senate seat.

thejeditraitor
how about, "who f'in cares!"

kremzike
Check this out. When they show the wide shot of Vader on the table and the helmet comes around in preparation to be lowered, the bottom half of the mask isn't there, but it is there when they show the close up of him looking up at the mask coming down. THEN the bottom of his mask is outside the shouderpiece when in the previous shot (and all others) it's inside. I've gotten over it all, but I did notice.

unno
Call me crazy, but I'm glad that Lucas and co. aren't stupid enough to let a scene play too long just because it would look cool. Wasting screen time with a fight (or any scene) that is way longer than necessary can totally destroy a film.

Unno

JediMasterRetro
WoW some people have way to much time

XX Emperor XX
The duel diffently wasn't 12 mins long...I like the intercut however with the yoda/sidious duel but at least don't claim that the obi-wan/anakin duel is gonna be 12 mins long without being intercut...

its clear that alot of scenes where cut from the duel like you guys stated about the scene where anakin chokes obi-wan you can tell they cut alot out of that duel that leads up to that part because what the hell happened to anakin's lightsaber

astrofan428
Most of this part was cut, escept for like the last move of the series.

And thta one blue screen scene we have seen a million times with the two of them coming out of a doorway.

darthmaul1
How do you guys enjoy the movie looking for errors and mess ups?
FYI EVERY starwars movie has had fight scenes intercut with other scenes, so shut up.
I swear they leave those MINOR mistakes in just so people have somthing to talk about. (It's a conversation piece.)
EPIII is on par with EPV I will have to see it a couple of more times to see if it surpasses EPV.

BadKitty
Originally posted by darthmaul1
How do you guys enjoy the movie looking for errors and mess ups?
FYI EVERY starwars movie has had fight scenes intercut with other scenes, so shut up.
I swear they leave those MINOR mistakes in just so people have somthing to talk about. (It's a conversation piece.)
EPIII is on par with EPV I will have to see it a couple of more times to see if it surpasses EPV. why should anyone shut up..they paid their money to see the movie the same as you,why can't they critique it?

HOBBE5
How bout, it matters when this is the PIVOTAL POINT OF THE ENTIRE SERIES, and it was hacked up. It had nothing to do with staying on a scene because it would look cool, it was about staying in the moment and maintaining focus, because LUCAS AND CO were constantly amping this as the biggest fight in history. THEY SAID it was going to be the longest fight caught on cinema, and he didn't mean Yoda and Sidious AND Ani and Obi. It was JUST THE FIGHT OF ANI AND OBI. The fight was for good and evil, to try in someway to say the soul of one that had fallen. I wish it was played all the way through.

Morridini
Some (14) bloopers: http://www.moviemistakes.com/film4924

astrofan428
Originally posted by Morridini
Some (14) bloopers: http://www.moviemistakes.com/film4924

Revealing: When Obi-Wan and Yoda return to the temple and find the bodies of the younglings, Obi-Wan bends to look at the dead child the one on the left and he flinches a little - it looks like his nose itches.

Poor dead youn...wait a minute, what the hell? stick out tongue

Sesse
How else do you think they would be able to sell another special edition?

ShadowKing
To know the mind of Lucas...forever confused will you be...

If you read the Making of ROTS, Lucas jokes with one of the animators:

"...who needs continuity..."

and this morning on the Today show, there was a segment regarding the animation of GG showing how Lucas pulled a shot of Obi Wan cut from the duel and created a shot with Obi and GG. This is how he makes films people, cut and paste and the script be damned.... to him it's all about how it plays out, how it feels...he says in the book how the fun of movie making is cutting scenes together to see what works...cutting out what doesn't... and how the story changed from (I imagine) the initial script treatments to a focus on Anakin's fall.

this is why scenes of Jedi, the Senate, etc were cut away

darthmaul1
If they had done the whole fight scene people would of still complained it was too long or too much of one fight. as it is with BOTH fights it is 14 1/2 minutes from the time when Anakin and Obi-wan are sizing eachother up till after Obi-wan leaves Anakin.
It was very well done and edited, and only a yutz that purposley looks for errors will find them Get a life.

jerlark386
I have the explantion for all of your problems, people. Whenever there's a flaw in the movie its actually the dark side of the force working its corruption in your minds. smile

Torik_Shai
Hopefully, they'll include the parts cut from the duel as deleted scenes on the DVD. Or, even better, the complete uncut duel from start to finish would be a great special feature in its own right.

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by kremzike
Check this out. When they show the wide shot of Vader on the table and the helmet comes around in preparation to be lowered, the bottom half of the mask isn't there, but it is there when they show the close up of him looking up at the mask coming down. THEN the bottom of his mask is outside the shouderpiece when in the previous shot (and all others) it's inside. I've gotten over it all, but I did notice.

I'm glad someone else finally noticed this. I was surprised when I saw that onscreen, i was like, how are they gonna put his mask on without the neckpiece? and then it cuts to a close up of the neck piece already on him. I'm like ooooookay. I guess they'll get it on through cheesy editing.

Tormentor_2004
wait what's wrong with the lightsaber?

GABRIEL05
Originally posted by darthmaul1
If they had done the whole fight scene people would of still complained it was too long or too much of one fight. as it is with BOTH fights it is 14 1/2 minutes from the time when Anakin and Obi-wan are sizing eachother up till after Obi-wan leaves Anakin.
It was very well done and edited, and only a yutz that purposley looks for errors will find them Get a life.

People would complain about the mess after an hour long orgasm. No matter what Lucas does some square bear Star Wars nerd is gonna go ape shit over the slightest detail.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by GABRIEL05
People would complain about the mess after an hour long orgasm. No matter what Lucas does some square bear Star Wars nerd is gonna go ape shit over the slightest detail.

I totally agree, they must not enjoy the movie if they are constantly looking for errors.
Do they have to show everything to you dumb asses?
Hey wait a sec how come no one goes to the washroom in movies, and who cares.

The Biker Scout
Yeah the saber thing irks me now...

Master Yida
Well people, I must say that I loved every movie. It is not about the action only, there has to be story. And obviously that is missed by many. So what if Anikin had Obi One Kenobi's light saber, then his own?

If you have read any book, the writter always leaves you with some dead ends, or some certain ideas that you have to conclude with...

Now, seriously... All the movies are great, but the last movie was the best... but yet they all seem the best... It is a story, not a mere battle.

Yida

darthmaul1
Look at it this way it gives you something to talk about, and only a complete dork would notice it the first time around.

jerlark386
There actually is a plausible on why the saber might have switched hands. It is possible that during a part of the fight we did not see, the sabers were dropped and got mixed up. ofcourse this explanation doesn't work well unless the two parallel fight scenes are show sequentially. Which ofcourse raises another question?

lincoln86323
actually didn't they drop thier sabers during the fight?

jerlark386
yes, i think so. I dont remember if its before or after the switch, though.

DeVi| D0do
Ben Burtt can't edit for shit.

During the Yoda/Sidious duel one frame Sidious has his saber pointing down blocking Yoda's, the next frame it's up next to his head!

He totally screwed up the Jango fight in Episode II as well.

And only he could have been stupid enough to use those awful wipes throughout Episode III.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.