Revenge of the Sith new box office king!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XX Emperor XX
$158.5 MILLION!!!!! Thats what Revenge of Sith has done so far from thursday thru sunday in U.S. alone, shatterning the 3 day and 4 day record, and not to mention ROTS now also holds the record for opening day $50 million.....

So I just want to say thanks to everyone who has scene this movie, even to those like me who has scene this movie more than once, twice, three times however many, and making ROTS the new box office king for opening day, and 3 and 4 day totals.......BUT...........

One thing remains TITANTIC ($600 million)...lets go for the jugular people and make ROTS the ultimate king at the box office

BAILY
ROTS is well on the way to Box Office Supremacy!! Where it belongs... #1 Movie of ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!! Go and see it a million times if you have to.... make sure it beats that shitass **** movie Titanic!!!

Texansfan05
It also has already set the 5 day record as well. Because it made more money in 4 day's then any movie's made in 5. I have already seen it 3 times I hope it sink's that stupid boat.

astrofan428
I have already put in 3 tickets, and I took my little sister saturday so 4 tickets for me.

DarkYoda
Now that's a plan... let's make Lucas so rich that he can't turn down the idea of making more films. We must appeal to his greed!! evil face

Darth MoonPIE
I've watched the movie personally 3 times and took 7 people so I've put in 10 tickets. I might go see it again during the week but who knows. KEEP IT UP GUYS!

Echuu
Yes! Wonderful idea! Everyone who views this thread see The Revenge of the Sith as many times as possible!!!!!!
Titanic sucks.

BAILY
Star Wars Fans Unite!!! Make ROTS the highest grossing movie of all time!!!!! See it as many times as you can!! I dont care if you got a "copy" of the movie or not.... see it in the theatre... and see it often!!

SW3HP4IJ4
Yep. I'm so glad the movie's doing so good.

XX Emperor XX
We can do it!!!! if little teenage girls can make Titantic the highest grossing movie of all-time why not us Star Wars fan make ROTS the highest grossing movie

astrofan428
At and end Titanic's reign is, and not short enough it was.

BAILY
Originally posted by XX Emperor XX
We can do it!!!! if little teenage girls can make Titantic the highest grossing movie of all-time why not us Star Wars fan make ROTS the highest grossing movie

ROFLMAO!! teenage girls... lol..... good one.....

DarkYoda
Happy Dance

Heh... unfortunately, this thread has reminded me of that crappy fan film Tie-tanic where a bunch of star wars fighters (tie fighters I believe) swarm in and attack Titanic causing it to sink. They basically took the movie Titanic and animated all kind of ships to shoot at the people and stuff. Interesting idea, but the execution was sort of bad.

Anyway.

Go see Revenge Of The Sith !!!! wink Happy Dance

Texansfan05
I've put in 8 ticket's if I include the ticket's I bought for my Brother and Sister's.

smeep
hey I live in belgium and the premiere was 18 mai 2005
I had ONe tiket in UGC whit 7 friends at 14embarrasmento
And another ticket in Metropolis whit 3 friends at 20embarrasmento

The Biker Scout
The pot grows as we near another weekend romp in the takings...

Kingdom of What?

Darth Bong
First showing 2 tickets
Second showing 2 tickets
Third showing 3 tickets

Im trying to do my part. Im sure I will go to another showing also. smokin'

Yuxa
star wars owns!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stunrun
Im still waiting for it to hit the top of the UK box office. Dont forget, that in a months time Japan will see it in cinemas, but thats not to say we dont do our part. Luckily enough, i gotta job the same day as RotS opened, so ill have to ignore my crappy bootleg version and head out to the bigscreen oncemore.

Lets sink that big bastard with Liverpool typed on its ass!laughing out loud

DarthAJ
I've got 5 tickets in for ROTS' box office. So if I do the math... i gave GL 43 bucks!

Stunrun
Originally posted by DarthAJ
I've got 5 tickets in for ROTS' box office. So if I do the math... i gave GL 43 bucks!

i think we ought to open a thread, where every poster can type how much money they've given Lucas - through ticket sales, and merchandise, then work out his estimated fortunelaughing out loud i must of given that guy over 2000 bucks alreadystick out tongue

The Ones
1st showing 2 tickets

2nd showing 2 tickets

Stunrun
it already ranks as the 26th highest grossing movie of all time. So come on people! lets boost it to the top

Ken Kenobi
1st showing...5 tickets.

2nd showing...2 tickets.

Stunrun
1st showing - 5 tickets

2nd showing............soon i hope!

ragesRemorse
to bad it wont take the #1 rank. I was truly hoping that a star wars flick would be number one in each generation. That would be kind of storybook, jesus i'm such a fruit.

ArynCrinn
Keep supporting the film
Buy tickets
Even if you don't use them

putin
new box office king my ass laughing

i think it was really cool but thats it cool
TITANIC its a better movie by far, a REAL good movie not a mediocre action-adventure movie with a lot of special effects wink

ROTS is not that good stick out tongue
sorry

DeVi| D0do
Box Office numbers have absolutely nothing to do with how good a film is. Titanic sucks arse in my opinion...

putin
"Box Office numbers have absolutely nothing to do with how good a film is"
this part i agree wink

DeVi| D0do
big grin

But yeah... the new box office king, ROTS is not. Not even close.

I can't believe people are actually just buying tickets to raise the Box Office numbers of this film. That's quite sad, really.

putin
200% agree with you man wink

Darth Zhin
Originally posted by putin
new box office king my ass laughing

i think it was really cool but thats it cool
TITANIC its a better movie by far, a REAL good movie not a mediocre action-adventure movie with a lot of special effects wink

ROTS is not that good stick out tongue
sorry

Titanic better than ROTS!!!!?????.

Titanic sucks sick

You are crazy my dear putin

matreid
Originally posted by DarthAJ

Lol! I have bought that many too! Happy Dance

NinthSith
Will Smith in Independece Day/ID4 or whatever you call it made a crapload of money and is one of the sleeziest/cheesiest movies ever made.

jimmy986
yea i agree that titanic sucked. i dont understand how it did so well. i saw it twice and am ashamed of it b/c looking back on it i understand that it was horrible and i have many friends who feel the same way. we were young and got cought up in the hype or whatever. i have seen ROTS 5 times but not to raise sales just to see the movie again b/c it is that awesome and i would say most people on here are doing the same.

The Biker Scout
Originally posted by jimmy986
yea i agree that titanic sucked. i dont understand how it did so well. i saw it twice and am ashamed of it b/c looking back on it i understand that it was horrible and i have many friends who feel the same way. we were young and got cought up in the hype or whatever. i have seen ROTS 5 times but not to raise sales just to see the movie again b/c it is that awesome and i would say most people on here are doing the same.

I AGREE

putin
Originally posted by Darth Zhin
Titanic better than ROTS!!!!?????.

Titanic sucks sick

You are crazy my dear putin

Damn rigth i am
but still ROTS its a joke next to a movie like TITANIC

but titanic is not that good to be the king of box office either
so what a hell

Falacerjedi
Titanic had an incredible run in its 2nd & 3rd months in the theaters which helped surge it to the insane amount of $$$ it made. While I dont see any other HUGE box office smashes coming out later this year there are quite a few that will grab people interest, I hope RotS can keep some steam and keep rolling along but eventually its gonna end its run. The record for quickest to $400million was set last year by Shrek2 (43 days) but its after that point that Titanic kept chugging along bringing in the money.

RotS should beat Shrek2's record for quickest to $400million and I hope can reach the $500million mark by the end of its run in theaters.

DenKi
It wont even get close, Its all worm off now, people have already seen the Film since its been out.

DoctorRocktopus
One thing to consider is that there is a good chance that ROTS, aside from all the usual special effects and cinematography awards that Star Wars movies receive, will be nominated for several of the important Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Bester Director, and Best Supporting Actor (Ian Mcdiarmid). There is a real momentum in Hollywood to give some recognition to George Lucas for his life's work and, given that this is most likely his final movie (and critically acclaimed at that), this will be their last chance to honor him.

Whenever a movie is nominated for Oscars, it gets another push in the theaters. Also, when a movie wins one of the big awards such as Best Picture or Best Director, there is another push in the weeks after the awards ceremony. So, if ROTS is in the neighborhood of Titanic leading up to that period, the Oscar push that the movie receives in the theaters may be enough to push it over the top. I suppose by then the movie may be out on DVD (authorized DVD that is) so this effect may be muted somewhat.

maboy

The Biker Scout
sweet

vader476
ONLY THE STRONGEST WILL SURVIVE!!!!!!!!

Darth Halo
I cannot believe that sorry ass movie titanic made 600 million at the box office. ROTS has to crush this sorry ass boat. So what if it was a real boat that story about Rose was not real. The only thing that made that movie sell Kate Winslet's boobie shot. Other than that it sucked major ass. If I can afford it I will buy ten more tickets if I have to but I am at a disgust right now. Now my night has been ruined by coming to this thread.

spencerspider
i have gotten lets count,ive seen it 16 time thats me,mom seen it 8 times dad saw it once ,2 little brothers saw it 10 times.so 20 16 8 145 tickets
lol im absessed

ickeris2003
I dont think ROTS will kick out titanic. because of all the girls who like leo it was the only reason the movie made a lot of money. But hopefully since this is the last SW movie that will be shown on the big screen it will kick that boats a$$.... hopefully

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.