Hyperion versus Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jffxex1980
Who wins....No prep time and Superman ISN'T superman prime

Scoobless
regular Hyperion, Exiles Hyperion or Supreme Power Hyperion?

armandovalles
if its pre-crisis supes he beats any version of hyperion, if its post crisis supes he loses to exiles hyperion and normal hyperion, but still beats Supreme Power hyperion.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by armandovalles
if its pre-crisis supes he beats any version of hyperion, if its post crisis supes he loses to exiles hyperion and normal hyperion, but still beats Supreme Power hyperion.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Why would it be pre-crisis Superman? It doesn't say "Pre-crisis Superman vs Hyperion" in the title, does it?

Mider
So now Pre-crisis Supes could beat Galactus like Exiles Hyperion did?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Mider
So now Pre-crisis Supes could beat Galactus like Exiles Hyperion did?

Sure. Thing could own Thor as well. Ask armandovalles.

armandovalles
no, my bad, i didnt mean that. I meant to say exiles would beat Pre-crisis.

derrick24
if its exiles hyperion the only thing i have to say is "curbstomp". this fighti would end fast, he would just break superman kneck just like he did thor and hulk and quicksilver and all of the earth heros.

armandovalles
yea, Exiles Hyperion i'd say is more at the Superman Prime level, maybe even higher. So he takes pre-crisis or Post-crisis supes without breaking a sweat.

derrick24
Originally posted by armandovalles
yea, Exiles Hyperion i'd say is more at the Superman Prime level, maybe even higher. So he takes pre-crisis or Post-crisis supes without breaking a sweat.

armandovalles, you make a lot of since. Now watch how the superman fans come on this site talking about how superman could kill every hero on the planet like hyperion did and that he pooted a galaxy away. Hyperion dont have any weaknessess but to magic, which superman dont have and if magic mess him up he has a powerful rejuvinating ability. Happy Dance

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by derrick24
armandovalles, you make a lot of since. Now watch how the superman fans come on this site talking about how superman could kill every hero on the planet like hyperion did and that he pooted a galaxy away. Hyperion dont have any weaknessess but to magic, which superman dont have and if magic mess him up he has a powerful rejuvinating ability. Happy Dance

lmao laughing

whirlysplat
Only if you believe what Exiles Hyperion says big grin
and there is a lot of inconsistancy.

Keep the faith rock

jffxex1980
Fine, how about Exiles Hyperion versus Superman Prime?

DarkCrawler
Superman Prime easily.

whirlysplat
I have a problem though with all Superman threads Kal el is both Superman and Superman Prime. Superman is Superman prime. We are always supposed to take a character at there top level. Superman is Kal el, Superman Prime is the most powerful we have seen Kal el. Superman and Superman prime are the same character, Superman.

So Superman should almost always win big grin

armandovalles
In My opinion this is how it goes:

If its Exiles Hyperion versus Post-Crisis Supes, Supes get murdered in about 30 seconds.

If its Exiles Hyperion versus Pre-Crisis Supes, Supes gets murdered in about 4 or 5 minutes.

If its Exiles Hyperion versus Superman Prime, they stalemate for years and after 10 years of non-stop fighting they go home.

Mider
No one ever gave me a clear description of Hyperion's powers from Exiles some say NOTHING can hurt Him sept some sword dont know what sword there talking about others say He has a weakness to radiation someone give me a total clear description of this Guys powers please!

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I have a problem though with all Superman threads Kal el is both Superman and Superman Prime. Superman is Superman prime. We are Superman is Kal el, Superman Prime is the most powerful we have seen Kal el. Superman and Superman prime are the same character, Superman.

So Superman should almost always win big grin

Any reason why you're posting this everywhere? It doesn't coincide with the Forum Rules. We are not "always supposed to take a character at there top level."

derrick24
this is his powers, it dont say that he has a weakness-

Powers and Abilities:
metabolizes solar energy into his cells for superhuman strength, speed, endurance, reflexes, eyesight, and hearing, nigh-invulnerability, regeneration, x-ray vision, thermoscopic eye beams, flight

Affiliations:
Weapon X

Notes:
The Hyperion we know was revealed to be an Eternal in our dimension who had claimed American citizenship as a child. This Hyperion's personal history is unclear. He replaced Storm on the Weapon X team. Since he was removed during the Time Broker's membership cleansing, there was no replacement.

long pig
I seriously, and I mean seriously hate to agree with Whirley, but....
Hyperion didn't do jack shit, he lied.

derrick24
so the narriator of the book lied to when it stated that hyperion killed everyone in his universe. I guess the narriator lied it hulk book when it stated that hulk is the strongest 1 there is. Or the time when cannonball and gladiator was fighting and gladiator told cannonball that he was going to punch him to the sun and as soon as the punch connected the narriator said out of fear cannonball tapped into a new power and absorbed gladiator punch and sent it back to him. The narriator also lied when superman got the breaks beaten off of him and died and the narriator said superman has died saving the planet.
So you all know comics more than the writer, wow, when did you all start creating characters. Now if it was superman who took down galactus, everyone on here would be like "nobody cant beat superman because he took down galactus" but when its hyperion, i guess he didnt do it because he is a lier. In the exiles hyperion went on a killing spree killing every being in the universe, he landed on earth and tried to take control of all life and killed all of earth defenses. the human didnt have a way to fight back so they nuked hyperion killing themselves in the process. In the book it stated that hyperion dont want to complete the mission that timebroker set because he dont want to go back to his reality, he killed everyone in his universe. Then hyperion came back saying the same thing to colossus that he dont want to to back to nothing, he want to stay and rule over earth and vision heard him and hyperion ends up killing vision, a guy who stalemated silver surfer. During that time hulk and firestar came to try and talk sense into hyperion and hulk ends up getting beat to death and hyperion finish him off with a blast to the face and firestar commits suicide. Then came the avengers, x-men,fantastic 5, spiderman and others all at the same time trying to kill hyperion. he kills all of them, ending with him breaking thors neck. Before magneto and the brotherhood came, magneto tried to reason with hyperion asking him to work under him or he is going to kill him and hyperion says work under me or im going to kill you. Magneto ends up asking the brotherhood to take hyperion down starting with wolverine trying to attack hyperion. Hyperion grabs wolverine kneck and begin chocking him, wolverine being persistant tries clawing hyperion but it didnt have any affect, so hyperion end up burning the flesh off of wolverine then he kills the rest of the brotherhood leaving only iceman and rogue because they surrendored. He ends up grabbing magneto flying him to space to get him to stop the asteroid but magneto is seriously burnt up because hyperion was flying to fast thru the earth atmosphere (light speed). Hyperion asked him to stop the asteroid or he is going to kill him, magneto said no, he asked again and magneto said no so he ends up grabbing magneto by the face and blasting him full blast with his eyes, taking his head off. Hyperion flies down to rogue and asked rogue to absord a portion of his power to stop a asteriod the size of earth, she absorbs some saying "is this how you feel all the time, it feels like i could split the earth in half" then they fly toward the asteroid but they were unable to stop it, leading to rogue dying because the power wore off. So earth blew up and hyperion flew to asteroid m, killing everyone on the asteroid, ending with him catching a superspeed quicksilver by the neck, snapping it. Now in the last issue i read he has to fight 2 hyperions who havent completely tapped in there powers yet. The 2 just have the powers of superman, whereas hyperion learned all of his powers and cannot be killed. The guy got his necked twisted all the way around his body and he grabbed it and put it back and place and said that he will never forget who put that kink in his neck and he ends up frying her. The guy was blown to bits just leaving his head and should and the bottom part of his legs and he rejuvinated and entire body like new. He cant be killed by physical means, so what do you think superman is going to do.

long pig
God...Damn...
You seriously need to learn to write paragraphs.
Not knocking you, but shit son!

I can't read all that!

Oh, and no the narriator did lie, he was just saying what Hyperion said happend.

whirlysplat
big grin

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Any reason why you're posting this everywhere? It doesn't coincide with the Forum Rules. We are not "always supposed to take a character at there top level."

big grin

whirlysplat
Originally posted by long pig
I seriously, and I mean seriously hate to agree with Whirley, but....
Hyperion didn't do jack shit, he lied.

roll eyes (sarcastic) I wonder why big grin I hope its nothing personal big grin

I have nothing but nice things to say about you piggie. angel

Keep the faith zorro

DarkCrawler
Killed...everyone...in...his...universe? How long has he lived? You know what an universe is? Billions of galaxies with billions of stars who are orbited by billions of planets which have billions of intelligent lifeforms. Damn...if he has killed everyone in his universe...he must be immortal. And he must have been bored the hell out from his life.

DarkCrawler
so the narriator of the book lied to when it stated that hyperion killed everyone in his universe. I guess the narriator lied it hulk book when it stated that hulk is the strongest 1 there is. Or the time when cannonball and gladiator was fighting and gladiator told cannonball that he was going to punch him to the sun and as soon as the punch connected the narriator said out of fear cannonball tapped into a new power and absorbed gladiator punch and sent it back to him.

The narriator also lied when superman got the breaks beaten off of him and died and the narriator said superman has died saving the planet. So you all know comics more than the writer, wow, when did you all start creating characters. Now if it was superman who took down galactus, everyone on here would be like "nobody cant beat superman because he took down galactus" but when its hyperion, i guess he didnt do it because he is a lier.

In the exiles hyperion went on a killing spree killing every being in the universe, he landed on earth and tried to take control of all life and killed all of earth defenses. the human didnt have a way to fight back so they nuked hyperion killing themselves in the process. In the book it stated that hyperion dont want to complete the mission that timebroker set because he dont want to go back to his reality, he killed everyone in his universe.

Then hyperion came back saying the same thing to colossus that he dont want to to back to nothing, he want to stay and rule over earth and vision heard him and hyperion ends up killing vision, a guy who stalemated silver surfer. During that time hulk and firestar came to try and talk sense into hyperion and hulk ends up getting beat to death and hyperion finish him off with a blast to the face and firestar commits suicide.

Then came the avengers, x-men,fantastic 5, spiderman and others all at the same time trying to kill hyperion. he kills all of them, ending with him breaking thors neck. Before magneto and the brotherhood came, magneto tried to reason with hyperion asking him to work under him or he is going to kill him and hyperion says work under me or im going to kill you. Magneto ends up asking the brotherhood to take hyperion down starting with wolverine trying to attack hyperion.

Hyperion grabs wolverine kneck and begin chocking him, wolverine being persistant tries clawing hyperion but it didnt have any affect, so hyperion end up burning the flesh off of wolverine then he kills the rest of the brotherhood leaving only iceman and rogue because they surrendored. He ends up grabbing magneto flying him to space to get him to stop the asteroid but magneto is seriously burnt up because hyperion was flying to fast thru the earth atmosphere (light speed).

Hyperion asked him to stop the asteroid or he is going to kill him, magneto said no, he asked again and magneto said no so he ends up grabbing magneto by the face and blasting him full blast with his eyes, taking his head off. Hyperion flies down to rogue and asked rogue to absord a portion of his power to stop a asteriod the size of earth, she absorbs some saying "is this how you feel all the time, it feels like i could split the earth in half" then they fly toward the asteroid but they were unable to stop it, leading to rogue dying because the power wore off.

So earth blew up and hyperion flew to asteroid m, killing everyone on the asteroid, ending with him catching a superspeed quicksilver by the neck, snapping it. Now in the last issue i read he has to fight 2 hyperions who havent completely tapped in there powers yet. The 2 just have the powers of superman, whereas hyperion learned all of his powers and cannot be killed.

The guy got his necked twisted all the way around his body and he grabbed it and put it back and place and said that he will never forget who put that kink in his neck and he ends up frying her. The guy was blown to bits just leaving his head and should and the bottom part of his legs and he rejuvinated and entire body like new. He cant be killed by physical means, so what do you think superman is going to do.

derrick24
thanks darkclaw, i didnt have time to make it into paragraphs because of what all i had to type. Yes; hyperion is immortal; he cant be killed and it aint no telling how old this hyperion is, since he did learn how to completely use the max of his powers.
In the fantastic 4 vs gladiator issue; the narriator stated, not gladiator, when he lifted the baxter building he was using some kind of telekenis to keep the building from crumbling under its own weight. Was that a lie to, no it wasn't your argument dont make sense.

long pig
He killed even the kittens and baby seals?
What about the micro-organisms?

Why did he kill everything in the first place? I didn't understand that.

long pig
Originally posted by whirlysplat
roll eyes (sarcastic) I wonder why big grin I hope its nothing personal big grin

I have nothing but nice things to say about you piggie. angel

Keep the faith zorro
Nothing personal jro.....whirly.
you're just annoying.
big grinbig grinbig grin

Dizzle
Wait... So this guy has the power to kill Galactus... But he can't stop an asteroid from hitting Earth... And make sure everyone knows its Gambit that blew Hyperion to bits (regeneration or no) I'm not saying normal Supes could kill him, but he is no match for pre crisis or prime...

long pig
Originally posted by Dizzle
Wait... So this guy has the power to kill Galactus... But he can't stop an asteroid from hitting Earth... And make sure everyone knows its Gambit that blew Hyperion to bits (regeneration or no) I'm not saying normal Supes could kill him, but he is no match for pre crisis or prime...
Don't forget Gladiator broke his neck, and Glad's wasn't even trying.

derrick24
Don't forget Gladiator broke his neck, and Glad's wasn't even trying.

longpig you dont know what youre talking about, that is a totally different hyperion. The hyperion from the exiles can control all of his power where as the 1 gladiator fought was new to his powers.

It was already stated in the exiles book that silver surfer and gladiator would lose to hyperion.
During the time hyperion was killing the exiles, a guy named beak was looking for someone to help the exiles bring hyperion down. On the screen that beak was looking at it showed gladiator but the bugs who run the solitude that they were in told beak that he isnt powerful enough and then silver surfer showed up on the screen and they gave the same answer.

So at the end of the book it showed that beak chose 2 hyperions because he said that he found 2 people that knows how to think like him and stop his plan. It wasnt 1 hyperion vs 1 hyperion, its 2 hyperion and the remaining exiles vs the evil hyperion.
This hyperion is a lot more powerful than the hyperion gladiator fought, get your story straight long pig.

derrick24
Originally posted by Dizzle

Dizzle you would have posted a good argument if it was a regular sword but the sword that blew hyperion up was a pure magical sword that could cut thru ANYTHING and then gambit charged it up and stabbed it thru a paralyzed hyperion, who was tricked by blink. While he was about to kill her with a blast, she teleported his cosmic blast behind his back making him paralyze himself. Then a one armed gambit (who got his armed burned off by hyperion) charged up the MAGICAL KNIFE with all of his power and stabbed it thru hyperion back and the explosion took both him and blew gambit to bits, together.
Like i said before you all keep using weak arguments, if you want to use that, lets use the time when thanos got his entire chest ripped opened by a bone claw wolverine. Or lets use thanos getting manhandled by thing and spiderman. or lets use superman getting stabbed in the chest by ra uhl. or lets use superman getting slapped around by venom, wow laughing Happy Dance.
Hyperion has pulled amazing feats that proves that he can kill who he wants but the writers had to find a way to bring such a powerful character down to make the book longer and the fight seem interesting. Like him getting blown up by a charged sword, if that never happened we wouldnt have known that he has the power to rejuvinate. Like him getting hit in the back of the head by a powerful guy like mimic in armored form, moving 93000 mps (faster than superman) and has the strength in the 75 ton range. If that didnt happened than hyperion would have killed all of them and that would have been the end of the book but writer made it interested and as soon as mimic hit hyperion and he was knocked out, that gave the remaining exiles time to think of a plan and thats where the 2 hyperions fall in.
Your arguments are stupid. Dont hate on the guy because he is more powerful than your precious superman. laughing

long pig
So, why did he kill everyone in the first place?

DarkCrawler
And how, I repeat how, he killed Galactus?

derrick24
So, why did he kill everyone in the first place?

He killed everyone for 2 reasons:
1. Hes a lunitic; the man is completely crazy, who just went power hungry.

2. He wanted to be a king, he wanted everyone to look up to him. He keeps saying over and over again how he wants to rule the entire universe. Everyone who stepped in his way, he ended up killing them, then once he killed everyone that was a threat to him he ends up trying to take control of the earth but they end up trying to nuke him to death, but they ended up killing themselves instead of killing hyperion.

Thats why he keep saying that he dont want to go back to his universe because theres noone left. He did kill galactus, it was stated about 50 times in the book. Answer this question, what could galactus are thanos do to him. I can actually see galactus continuosly blowing him up but with hyperion rejuvinating powers, that would be pointless. Then galactus hunger starts to kick in but you have an enraged hyperion, who powers is still at its max and that alone would end galactus.

Now thanos, if he dont have some kind of plan from the get go, i could see him dying alot faster than galactus. Thanos does shoot powerful blast but i wonder is it more powerful than a 100 nukes that hyperion took and just stood there. I wonder would it be as powerful as the blast that he stood in the middle of while destroying the sentinels. If spiderman and thing could work around thanos hyperion wouldnt have a problem.

The writer of the exiles stated that hyperion is uber powerful, he said that he is the most powerful being in his universe with no rival, that is from the writer mouth himself. i cant see superman winning this fight, since hyperion cant be killed.

kgkg
1. Hes a lunitic; the man is completely crazy, who just went power hungry.

2. He wanted to be a king, he wanted everyone to look up to him. He keeps saying over and over again how he wants to rule the entire universe. Everyone who stepped in his way, he ended up killing them, then once he killed everyone that was a threat to him he ends up trying to take control of the earth but they end up trying to nuke him to death, but they ended up killing themselves instead of killing hyperion.

Thats why he keep saying that he dont want to go back to his universe because theres noone left. He did kill galactus, it was stated about 50 times in the book. Answer this question, what could galactus are thanos do to him. I can actually see galactus continuosly blowing him up but with hyperion rejuvinating powers, that would be pointless. Then galactus hunger starts to kick in but you have an enraged hyperion, who powers is still at its max and that alone would end galactus.

Now thanos, if he dont have some kind of plan from the get go, i could see him dying alot faster than galactus. Thanos does shoot powerful blast but i wonder is it more powerful than a 100 nukes that hyperion took and just stood there. I wonder would it be as powerful as the blast that he stood in the middle of while destroying the sentinels. If spiderman and thing could work around thanos hyperion wouldnt have a problem.

The writer of the exiles stated that hyperion is uber powerful, he said that he is the most powerful being in his universe with no rival, that is from the writer mouth himself. i cant see superman winning this fight, since hyperion cant be killed.

100 nukes is greater than Supernova? wink

Creshosk
1. Hes a lunitic; the man is completely crazy, who just went power hungry. Him being a lunatic is a strong argument against his bullshit.

Mimic traveling at half the speed of light switches to colossus's metal form knocked him out.

Him saying he slew everyone is a lie.

He lied because he's a lunatic. The narrator lied because. . well it's possible that the narrator WAS Hyperion. . .

jffxex1980
but wait! isn't DC normally more powerful than its counterpart? I mean, most of their characters are so powerful that one DC character is enough to take down half of marvel. In addition, Superman is the flagship of DC. what's up with that?

Mider
Why would the narrator lie that argument makes no sense and really cant stand up to debate Thanos should have beaten this Guy though heh He should have found a way to trap Him or destroy Him or take His powers but seriously how does Hyperion defeat and kill Galactus?????????????????

Scoobless
had to add this..... big grin

DarkCrawler
Things that state that Hyperion could not take out Galactus:

He couldn't stop the Asteroid.

Few seconds of Rogue's draining powers were already knocking him out

He was thrown back from punch by Colossus

Knocked down by punch from Hulk

Knocked out by punch from Sasquatch

Almost killed by his own blasts (Was not even using them in full force)

Killed by one-handed Gambit with an sword

Knocked out by Mimic moving at him in half of lightspeed.

Neck snapped by Namora

Defeated by having sand inside him

AND ONLY HYPERION HIMSELF TOLD THAT HE KILLED GALACTUS.

Most of the villains say that they are invicible. That they can beat anybody. They are wrong.

Why?

Because that are insane. So is Hyperion. He lied. He can't beat Galactus.

Live with it.

Sentry
Gambit blowing up Exiles Hyperion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/389px-Hypgambitdeath.jpg

Gladiator breaking Hyperion's neck.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/gladhyp.jpg

Superman wins.

Sirius77
He ends up grabbing magneto flying him to space to get him to stop the asteroid but magneto is seriously burnt up because hyperion was flying to fast thru the earth atmosphere (light speed). Hyperion asked him to stop the asteroid or he is going to kill him, magneto said no, he asked again and magneto said no so he ends up grabbing magneto by the face and blasting him full blast with his eyes, taking his head off. Hyperion flies down to rogue and asked rogue to absord a portion of his power to stop a asteriod the size of earth, she absorbs some saying "is this how you feel all the time, it feels like i could split the earth in half" then they fly toward the asteroid but they were unable to stop it, leading to rogue dying because the power wore off. So earth blew up and hyperion flew to asteroid m, killing everyone on the asteroid, ending with him catching a superspeed quicksilver by the neck, snapping it. Now in the last issue i read he has to fight 2 hyperions who havent completely tapped in there powers yet. The 2 just have the powers of superman, whereas hyperion learned all of his powers and cannot be killed. The guy got his necked twisted all the way around his body and he grabbed it and put it back and place and said that he will never forget who put that kink in his neck and he ends up frying her. The guy was blown to bits just leaving his head and should and the bottom part of his legs and he rejuvinated and entire body like new. He cant be killed by physical means, so what do you think superman is going to do.

Okay, first of all, Hyperion is unable to fly at light speed (This includes Exiles Hyperion, you can check it out at the Marvel homepage.), The fastest speed that he can attain is supersonic speed, which is no faster than the speed levels of Quicksilver. The second thing is that even post crisis supes can move at at least 99% the speed of light, and when post crisis supes flew into thew sun, he not only lifted an entire planet, but pushed it through a wormhole (the planet was warworld created by Brainiac 13) and had its propulsion engines that were used to rocket the planet from place to place, and supes still managed to do it.... and sadly... Hyperion has trouble lifting an asteroid, and needed the help of a mutant to do it, and still failed.

Sirius77
Dizzle you would have posted a good argument if it was a regular sword but the sword that blew hyperion up was a pure magical sword that could cut thru ANYTHING and then gambit charged it up and stabbed it thru a paralyzed hyperion, who was tricked by blink.

Thats a complete lie, that sword cant cut through anything, its just enchanted, which means that it is used more so as a spell casting instrument than an actual purely offensive weapon. So I guess you could say that it is close to a normal sword in that it can be broken, and if so, then what does that say about Hyperion, lol.

Another thing, I'm not sure where I heard this, but someone said that The Silver Surfer couldn't defeat Hyperion, which is not true. The Surfer controls all aspects of ambient cosmic energy, and Hyperion is powered by the solar energy of the sun (which is about as cosmic as cosmic energy gets...). So it would be childs play for the Surfer to absorb the solar energy that Hyperion had stored up for theoretical "eons" and render him mortal, and then kill him once and for all by decentigrating the powerless Hyperion, then transmuting his ashes into something harmless and throwing it into a black hole or something (which the Surfer can do, because he has demonstrated levels of speed higher than that of light speed within hyperspace).

Another thing, Hyperion does have a weakness, Argonite, it says that on the Marvel Homepage also, so theoretically, the silver surfer could just make a forcefield around Exiles Hyperion that gave off the same wavelength of radiation as Argonite and kill him.

batdude123
Superman ftw.

Sirius77
Not to sound redundant, but if Hyperion can be KNOCKED OUT by MIMIC and SASQUACH, get his NECK SNAPPED BY NAMORA (the considerably weaker alternate form of Namor) and paralyzed by his own eye beams, then what makes you think that he can stand up to the likes of pre-crisis Superman (who can juggle planets), or Superman Prime, who appears to be several times more powerful than pre-crisis Superman?

The Fake Macoy
Also, didn't Gladiator beat Hyperion due to superior fighting ability, not power? I recall that they implied that they were physically equal, except Hyperion was only recovering from his eye injury.

Darth Vegas
The Last Son of Krypton takes the win.

batdude123
Yep, Superman ftw.

Validus
Wow! Hyperion was really overrated back in the day. Beating Pre Crisis Superman within minutes. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.